Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,723 members, 7,802,181 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:35 AM

Original CD/DVD Music and Movies in Nigeria - Entertainment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Original CD/DVD Music and Movies in Nigeria (14363 Views)

How Much Will You Spend On Buying An Original Cd/dvd??? / Which Site Can I Download Movies in Series For Free / Movie Marketers Ban Ghanaian Movies In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Original CD/DVD Music and Movies in Nigeria by Seun(m): 12:39pm On May 14, 2005
Where can I buy original CDs or DVDs for Nigerian and foreign movies and music albums? About how much do they cost?
Re: Original CD/DVD Music and Movies in Nigeria by Hunter(m): 2:00pm On May 14, 2005
I didn't see anywhere to purchase them but as a rough idea how much they cost around the world usually about $30 AUD (N3000) for a new release.

cry
Re: Original CD/DVD Music and Movies in Nigeria by diakim(m): 10:53am On May 16, 2005
De-Cross at Shipeolu Street, Palm Groove sells original CDs. There are some other shops like Lynx and Edison on the same street. Prices vary. You need to check them out.
Re: Original CD/DVD Music and Movies in Nigeria by Hunter(m): 12:33pm On May 16, 2005
post back with what sort of price they are, i am interested.
Re: Original CD/DVD Music and Movies in Nigeria by opeyemi(m): 5:39pm On May 18, 2005
I know it's been sold at Ikeja Shopping Plaza but that was some few years back; I don't know about it now, but you can still check it out.
Re: Original CD/DVD Music and Movies in Nigeria by Greatpeter(m): 1:40pm On Jul 06, 2005
You can see original DVD, I'm not sure of CD. I do buy DVD in one Supermarket and one Electronics store in Portarcourt. I did not mention their names because they won't pay me for the advert.
DVD costs between three thousand naira and Five thousand naira depending on the type you are buying.
Re: Original CD/DVD Music and Movies in Nigeria by efe: 1:02pm On Jul 08, 2005
Go to Voltron Electronics at Ilasa no 125.
Re: Original CD/DVD Music and Movies in Nigeria by deepleke(m): 3:39pm On Jul 08, 2005
I think a shop has just been opened in Lagos with their warehouse located somewhere in Wemabod Estate in ogba. The company has its office in South Africa too.

Also Mega plaza sells original CDs and the price goes for around 1,500 naira only. But I can't remember the name of the company in Ogba because I read about in in the newspaper. So happy hunting. kiss
Re: Original CD/DVD Music and Movies in Nigeria by bioye(m): 7:06pm On Jul 17, 2005
Nu Metro (or what's the spelling?) at Silverbird Cinemas sells Nigerian Musical CDs and Movie CDs. My brother says very popular Music CDs go for N530 while less popular ones go for N350. American Audio CDs go for N1,000 and N2,500.
Re: Original CD/DVD Music and Movies in Nigeria by bioye(m): 7:07pm On Jul 17, 2005
Also my bro says some shops at Falomo in Ikoyi sell original CDs for cheaper prices.
Re: Original CD/DVD Music and Movies in Nigeria by hotangel2(f): 7:36am On Jul 18, 2005
I have no idea. sorry. Eko idumota?
Re: Original CD/DVD Music and Movies in Nigeria by stephanie7(f): 12:44am On Nov 17, 2005
anywhere in london to buy nigerian cds

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Original CD/DVD Music and Movies in Nigeria by tju38: 11:18am On Nov 29, 2005
In 2006, it will be possible to buy nigerian movies (and african music) from naijamovies.co.uk
Re: Original CD/DVD Music and Movies in Nigeria by gbengaijot(m): 6:13pm On Jan 05, 2006
@ stephanie, i am very sure u can buy Nigerian DVD's and CDs in many african shop that lines peckham,in london
Re: Original CD/DVD Music and Movies in Nigeria by stephanie7(f): 5:19pm On Jan 18, 2006
GBENGAIJOT

do you live in London cause to be honest i always feel a bit weird going into african shops for music and stuff. i have sorted the DVD situation. i get them off a woman in Upton Park. i am a short white Irish girl and feel weird walking into an african shop asking for stuff ya know. any chance u wanna meet and we go together. STRICTLY FRIENDS!!!

Let me know ya

Steph
Re: Original CD/DVD Music and Movies in Nigeria by asamuel: 12:52pm On Jun 15, 2010
Buy all your original CDs and DVDs from Kalahari.com.ng
Re: Original CD/DVD Music and Movies in Nigeria by asamuel: 10:21am On Oct 21, 2010
buy all you want from kalahari.com.ng
Re: Original CD/DVD Music and Movies in Nigeria by creativitywatch(f): 11:40am On Jul 12, 2013
How Much Will You Spend On Buying An Original CD/DVD?

I want to raise a nagging moral issue that has been on my mind for a while. How many Nigerians will on principle pay the right amount for a CD/DVD as opposed to buying a pirated one?
I am raising this because I know of a struggling up-coming musician who invested close to a million on his debut album. He paid so much on production: session time, session musicians, producer/engineer’s fee, graphic artist, cost of distribution, professional photographer and promotion cost.
He incurred all the above listed expenses and more in the cause of producing the CD. Eventually, the CD was released at the price of N1, 500 (one thousand, five hundred naira). This price was calculated to enable him make a profit and recoup his investment. It represented the minimum price at which any of the above can be achieved.
Unfortunately, sales of the CD were abysmally low because as soon as it was released, copies were pirated and sold for N200 (two hundred naira) in major cities of Nigeria.
Consequently, he is finding it extremely difficult to make a living and survive pursuing a musical career. He is discouraged and is on the brink of abandoning his dream; which is a shame because he has serious musical talents and would have been an asset to the Nigeria music industry.
This pathetic scenario is a reflection of the average Nigerian artist….it takes me right back to my opening poser: “HOW MUCH WILL YOU SPEND ON BUYING AN ORIGINAL CD/DVD OF YOUR FAVOURITE MUSIC OR MOVIE”? HOW MUCH WILL YOU SPEND TO KEEP ALIVE THE DREAM OF A BUDDING TALENT? IS THERE ANY NIGERIAN OUT THERE WHO ON PRINCIPLE WILL CHOOSE TO PAY THE RIGHT AMOUNT FOR AN ORIGINAL CD AS OPPOSED TO BUYING CHEAP PIRATED COPY?
AND FOR THOSE NIGERIANS WHO PERSIST IN BUYING CHEAP PIRATED COPIES, DO THEY REALIZE THEY ARE DEFRAUDING CREATIVE INTELLIGENT NIGERIANS OF THEIR JUST REWARD AND ARE PARTY TO DESTROYING OUR CREATIVE INDUSTRY?
Nigerians, what are your thoughts on this issue?
Re: Original CD/DVD Music and Movies in Nigeria by creativitywatch(f): 2:29pm On Jul 18, 2013
let's have your comments on this issue....please!!!
Re: Original CD/DVD Music and Movies in Nigeria by oyedoll: 2:38pm On Jul 18, 2013
That is a pathetic situation your up-coming musician friend is in; i think the necessary government agencies and stakeholders should come together and chart a course for the way forward. so that the future artistes will live and dreams and keep the country's flag flying especially in the age of knowledge-driven economies.
Re: Original CD/DVD Music and Movies in Nigeria by josephinejoseph: 3:25pm On Jul 18, 2013
I am of the opinion that prices of original CD's should be almost the same as the pirated ones, this will definitely result in elimination of the sale of pirated CD's in our society.

1 Like

Re: Original CD/DVD Music and Movies in Nigeria by adaoradubem: 3:36pm On Jul 18, 2013
The trend is really worrisome. I feel for the artistes and creators generally, especially the upcoming ones considering that the end of this seems not to be in sight in view of the country's harsh economic realities. But this certainly shouldnt continue.Government must find a way of stepping in to encourage these artistes, financially i mean, and supporting the industry more. There should of course be more proactive sensitization and public education by the regulating authorities and stakeholders alike. God help us.

3 Likes

Re: Original CD/DVD Music and Movies in Nigeria by darlingfelix92n: 10:16pm On Jul 18, 2013
This is really sad and pathetic! A lot of Nigerians cannot even afford three square meals talk less of buying an original CD for N1,500. The prices of these CDs should be reduced so that the
Ordinary man on the street can afford to buy them.

1 Like

Re: Original CD/DVD Music and Movies in Nigeria by eadek: 10:44am On Jul 19, 2013
CAN NIGERIANS BUY AN ORIGINAL CD? WHEN THE PRODUCERS OF THE MUSIC OR MOVIE ARE THE REAL PIRATES angry angry angry lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Original CD/DVD Music and Movies in Nigeria by maavo: 2:58pm On Jul 19, 2013
In this present Nigeria where over half of the population can hardly eat three square meal, it practically unrealistic to spend a whole N1, 500 on a CD, DVD or VCD flat.
In fact how does one identify an original CD, DVD, and VCD? 2. What makes them original? What, who and how is the cost determined? These and many issues needs to be addressed, as the hunger to enjoy good music and watch good film of artists and the present economic realities in this country leave many with little or no other option.
Re: Original CD/DVD Music and Movies in Nigeria by em19em6: 11:00pm On Oct 27, 2019
Naija
Re: Original CD/DVD Music and Movies in Nigeria by Tozic: 10:43pm On Apr 18, 2020
Good night henriettttta kiss
I see you're viewing the diary section without updating your dairy tongue
Re: Original CD/DVD Music and Movies in Nigeria by Nobody: 11:09pm On Apr 18, 2020
Tozic:
Good night henriettttta kiss

I see you're viewing the diary section without updating your dairy tongue

Goodnight smiley smiley
Re: Original CD/DVD Music and Movies in Nigeria by Tozic: 11:49am On Apr 20, 2020
Froshloaded wetin sup? cheesy
Re: Original CD/DVD Music and Movies in Nigeria by Froshloaded: 11:52am On Apr 20, 2020
Tozic:
Froshloaded wetin sup? cheesy
Did u tell blu anything
Dont lie
Re: Original CD/DVD Music and Movies in Nigeria by Tozic: 11:55am On Apr 20, 2020
Froshloaded:

Did u tell blu anything
Dont lie
Like what?
Re: Original CD/DVD Music and Movies in Nigeria by Froshloaded: 11:58am On Apr 20, 2020
Tozic:

Like what?
You know what you told her bro grin..
Bro you no sabi bro code. grin
The babe is yours now tho wink

(1) (2) (Reply)

Scary Moment When Father Dipped His Day Old Baby Into A Pool (see Pictures) / Happy Birthday Agbani Darego. Turns 30 Today. / Spot The Difference

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.