Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,896 members, 7,802,886 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:39 AM

12 Prominent Nigerian Leaders Yet To Congratulate President-elect, GMB - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 12 Prominent Nigerian Leaders Yet To Congratulate President-elect, GMB (67060 Views)

For 40yrs We Had Northern Leaders, Yet More Poverty In The North, Why? / Jimi Agbaje Called Akinwunmi Ambode To Congratulate Him Screenshot / Audio Of President Jonathan Calling Buhari To Congratulate (listen) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 12 Prominent Nigerian Leaders Yet To Congratulate President-elect, GMB by Nobody: 4:35pm On May 02, 2015
Burger01:

Seun's name is not there, even Ishilovesmiley

Even king of ashewo thread nationwide, aka b0rn2fuck is not even on the list, the list na fake list grin
Re: 12 Prominent Nigerian Leaders Yet To Congratulate President-elect, GMB by ceejay80s(m): 4:40pm On May 02, 2015
Damjoy:
Actually you have made mistakes here. The Northern gov u mentioned already took turns in congratulating him, even IBB did the same.
false news, mods push it to fp.
Disgusting!!!
Re: 12 Prominent Nigerian Leaders Yet To Congratulate President-elect, GMB by chibas: 4:40pm On May 02, 2015
Op did u just write south west oba?kabiesi ooooo ki ade pe lori ki bata o pe lese ki iru kere ki o da okini.
Re: 12 Prominent Nigerian Leaders Yet To Congratulate President-elect, GMB by emzila(m): 4:46pm On May 02, 2015
The victory is for the poor masses and they have congratulated him while some had even ''treked'' from lagos to abuja to congratulate him.

2 Likes

Re: 12 Prominent Nigerian Leaders Yet To Congratulate President-elect, GMB by geniusmedia: 4:46pm On May 02, 2015
Ok, let congratulate GMB before OP reportmy name in that list..."Congrats Sir".

On the other hand chack my signature.
Re: 12 Prominent Nigerian Leaders Yet To Congratulate President-elect, GMB by dammieco(m): 4:47pm On May 02, 2015
I have congratulated him, isn't that enough already?
Re: 12 Prominent Nigerian Leaders Yet To Congratulate President-elect, GMB by anonimi: 4:47pm On May 02, 2015
Buonsenso:
W. Soyinka and a host of others u mentioned have congratulated him.
Moreover, its not important everyone publicy send messages.
Majority of Nigerians have spoken.

OP, like I said earlier, your topic is dead on arrival. Why the mods pushed this to FP, I have no idea.

Former Presdient Shehu Shagari yesterday sent a congratulatory message to the President elect, gen Muhammadu Buhari over his victory at last saturday presidential elections......the elder statesman said,; let me join my compatriots, former Nigerian leaders, millions of Nigeria at home and the diaspora, world leaders......in congratulating the President elect. Your victory at the polls....'
http://dailypost.ng/2015/04/04/shehu-shagari-applauds-buharis-victory/

Its on record Soyinka on days after the elections endorsed his victory and advised that Buhari should not forgive those who looted.
PDP officially through Pres. Jonathan conceded, why should individual governors also release statements; its not important.
Mike Adenuga has my respect rather than behaving like Aliko, one min with Jonathan, the next with Buhari. also we dont want another cabal to build up, let him face his business.
Northern PDP governors most of them were moles, especially Muazu Babangida, the failed governor of Niger, so they are happy internally.
The Obas are still enjoying the windfall from the last elections.
I cant be bothered about the others to link you..Google is your friend.

Thanks for your comment to correct the inaccuracies of the OP.

BTW, Shagari is 90+. He celebrated just a few weeks before the elections.

Meanwhile OP, how many APC losers have conceded defeat and congratulated the winners of other parties in governorship elections?

2 Likes

Re: 12 Prominent Nigerian Leaders Yet To Congratulate President-elect, GMB by dantata4real: 4:48pm On May 02, 2015
Governor of Niger State publically congratulate Baba and also blamed Gej for their defeat... I was there oooooo

1 Like

Re: 12 Prominent Nigerian Leaders Yet To Congratulate President-elect, GMB by Nobody: 4:50pm On May 02, 2015
Oh Lawd! What is this
Re: 12 Prominent Nigerian Leaders Yet To Congratulate President-elect, GMB by fun4: 4:54pm On May 02, 2015
thefakestan:
Please add My humble self

Temitemi1

Barcanista

I know for sure that Barcanista has already congratulated GMB and promised to remind him of his promises
Re: 12 Prominent Nigerian Leaders Yet To Congratulate President-elect, GMB by ISHAJU(m): 4:56pm On May 02, 2015
fun4:
Please make corrections to my list below:

1. Wole Soyinka

Nigeria's only laureate and a major critic of the Jonathan administration, especially the handling of the Rivers state crisis that nearly swept off his favoured son, Amaechi and the handling of the Chibok girls saga. His opinions are highly sort in Nigeria and beyond and many believe that his disdain for the PDP helped swayed south-west( epecially the young and intellectuals) votes against President GEJ.

2. Enerst Shonekan

Former head of the Interim Government of Nigeria in 1993. He is believed to be a supporter of incumbent President GEJ and has never missed any high government function since Jonathan became President.

3. Mike Adenuga

Chairman of telecommunication outfit Globacom and one of Nigeria's richest and out-of-public private citizens. He is a friend of the GEJ government and as such was appointed as Co-Chairman by Jonathan in 2012 to head the flood committee.

4. South-south PDP Governors

They are governors Liyel Imoke( Cross River), Godswill Akpabio( Akwa Ibom), Seriake Dickson( Bayelsa state), Emmanuel Uduaghan( Delta state) and govenor-elect Nyesom Wike( Rivers state - considered to be a nightmare to incumbent governor, Rotimi Amaechi and the APC). They are major financiers and gave Jonathan a bloc-vote during the 2011 and 2015 presidential elections. Rivers state gave GEJ over 1.4million votes to emerge highest from the region.

5. South-east PDP Governors

Abia - TA Orji, Ebonyi - M Elechi, Enugu - S Chime; they tried to replicate the 2011 magic but I guess something happened along the line. Nonetheless, GEJ won convincingly in the zone but could not win nationally in 2015 as was in 2011. The highest GEJ secured from this zone was 500,000+ in Enugu state.

6. Alex Ekwueme

Former Nigerian vice president under Shehu Shagari and a prominent member of those who formed the PDP in 1998. He complained sometime ago of being maginalized in the mani-stream PDP by the Jonathan administration before GEJ visited his state for the PDP presidential campaign.

7. Shehu Shagari

With a waning strength of 80yrs+, former president shagari is an ardent supporter of the PDP from the then OBJ days to Yar'Adua. He benefited to the extent of making his son a minister and then a Deputy Governor in 2007-2015. President Jonathan is believed to have so much respect for this elderly elder statesman and recent joined former leaders to cut his birthday cake in Sokoto.

8. Ibrahim Babangida

Nicknamed the 'Nigerian Maradona.' He ousted the President-elect, GMB and took over power in 1985 and later went on to annul the 1993 presidential election won by late MKO Abiola. Many believe that Buhari still begrudges IBB for his ouster and not allowing him to bury his late mum. He once sort for the PDP ticket in 2011 with JEG along side Atiku and former NSA and current defence minister, Aliyu Gusau. He is still a PDP card-carrying member and preferred GEJ to GMB in the 2015 elections.

10. Innocent Chukwuma

Anambra born entrepreneur cum billionaire is fine protagonist of the Jonathan administration. He is a major beneficiary of the current President's auto policy on home-made vehicles and manufacturing in Nigeria. Innocent is the first indegineous vehicle manufacturing businessman in the country. He manufactures SUVs, pick-up trucks as well as patrol vans for the Nigerian police force and the federal road safety corps. His company was said to have donate about 15 SUVs to the 2015 PDP presidential campaign.

11. South-west Obas

These monarchs are seen as very powerful in the region and they were seen to be more amenable to the Jonathan candidature than Buhari's and more than one occasion openly supported GEJ for the 2015 elections. GEJ was said to have held meeting with all the power-broking monarchs in the region before the elections.

12. Northern states PDP governors

These are the governors of Kaduna, Kebbi, Jigawa, Bauchi, Niger, Adamawa, Katsina, Benue, Plateau, Taraba, Kogi and Gombe states. Of all these governors none was able to win even a LGA for the PDP save for Taraba, Plateau, Kaduna, Adamawa despite all the Billions given them during the presidential elections.

Why they have refused to congratulate the President-Elect on his victory at the 2015 polls is yet unknown but I believe that will be left for historian, researchers and scholars to unravel.

ADD YOURS IF ANY
IBB and soyinka have congratulated him
Re: 12 Prominent Nigerian Leaders Yet To Congratulate President-elect, GMB by dyabman(m): 4:59pm On May 02, 2015
Who needs their congratulations , mtcheeeewwww !!! angry angry
Re: 12 Prominent Nigerian Leaders Yet To Congratulate President-elect, GMB by adamskutty(m): 5:01pm On May 02, 2015
SaiBuharii:
Barcanista, Seun Osewa and all other "PDP he-goats"
u mean to tell me that seun, our own noble seun is a pdp he-goat? grin
Re: 12 Prominent Nigerian Leaders Yet To Congratulate President-elect, GMB by M4gunners: 5:01pm On May 02, 2015
Simply because they knew the election was not free and fair.
Re: 12 Prominent Nigerian Leaders Yet To Congratulate President-elect, GMB by sanitelag(m): 5:04pm On May 02, 2015
PDP National Chairman
Re: 12 Prominent Nigerian Leaders Yet To Congratulate President-elect, GMB by donLEXY(m): 5:04pm On May 02, 2015
Shekau...
Re: 12 Prominent Nigerian Leaders Yet To Congratulate President-elect, GMB by Nobody: 5:04pm On May 02, 2015
fun4:
Please make corrections to my list below:

1. Wole Soyinka

Nigeria's only laureate and a major critic of the Jonathan administration, especially the handling of the Rivers state crisis that nearly swept off his favoured son, Amaechi and the handling of the Chibok girls saga. His opinions are highly sort in Nigeria and beyond and many believe that his disdain for the PDP helped swayed south-west( epecially the young and intellectuals) votes against President GEJ.

2. Enerst Shonekan

Former head of the Interim Government of Nigeria in 1993. He is believed to be a supporter of incumbent President GEJ and has never missed any high government function since Jonathan became President.

3. Mike Adenuga

Chairman of telecommunication outfit Globacom and one of Nigeria's richest and out-of-public private citizens. He is a friend of the GEJ government and as such was appointed as Co-Chairman by Jonathan in 2012 to head the flood committee.

4. South-south PDP Governors

They are governors Liyel Imoke( Cross River), Godswill Akpabio( Akwa Ibom), Seriake Dickson( Bayelsa state), Emmanuel Uduaghan( Delta state) and govenor-elect Nyesom Wike( Rivers state - considered to be a nightmare to incumbent governor, Rotimi Amaechi and the APC). They are major financiers and gave Jonathan a bloc-vote during the 2011 and 2015 presidential elections. Rivers state gave GEJ over 1.4million votes to emerge highest from the region.

5. South-east PDP Governors

Abia - TA Orji, Ebonyi - M Elechi, Enugu - S Chime; they tried to replicate the 2011 magic but I guess something happened along the line. Nonetheless, GEJ won convincingly in the zone but could not win nationally in 2015 as was in 2011. The highest GEJ secured from this zone was 500,000+ in Enugu state.

6. Alex Ekwueme

Former Nigerian vice president under Shehu Shagari and a prominent member of those who formed the PDP in 1998. He complained sometime ago of being maginalized in the mani-stream PDP by the Jonathan administration before GEJ visited his state for the PDP presidential campaign.

7. Shehu Shagari

With a waning strength of 80yrs+, former president shagari is an ardent supporter of the PDP from the then OBJ days to Yar'Adua. He benefited to the extent of making his son a minister and then a Deputy Governor in 2007-2015. President Jonathan is believed to have so much respect for this elderly elder statesman and recent joined former leaders to cut his birthday cake in Sokoto.

8. Ibrahim Babangida

Nicknamed the 'Nigerian Maradona.' He ousted the President-elect, GMB and took over power in 1985 and later went on to annul the 1993 presidential election won by late MKO Abiola. Many believe that Buhari still begrudges IBB for his ouster and not allowing him to bury his late mum. He once sort for the PDP ticket in 2011 with JEG along side Atiku and former NSA and current defence minister, Aliyu Gusau. He is still a PDP card-carrying member and preferred GEJ to GMB in the 2015 elections.

10. Innocent Chukwuma

Anambra born entrepreneur cum billionaire is fine protagonist of the Jonathan administration. He is a major beneficiary of the current President's auto policy on home-made vehicles and manufacturing in Nigeria. Innocent is the first indegineous vehicle manufacturing businessman in the country. He manufactures SUVs, pick-up trucks as well as patrol vans for the Nigerian police force and the federal road safety corps. His company was said to have donate about 15 SUVs to the 2015 PDP presidential campaign.

11. South-west Obas

These monarchs are seen as very powerful in the region and they were seen to be more amenable to the Jonathan candidature than Buhari's and more than one occasion openly supported GEJ for the 2015 elections. GEJ was said to have held meeting with all the power-broking monarchs in the region before the elections.

12. Northern states PDP governors

These are the governors of Kaduna, Kebbi, Jigawa, Bauchi, Niger, Adamawa, Katsina, Benue, Plateau, Taraba, Kogi and Gombe states. Of all these governors none was able to win even a LGA for the PDP save for Taraba, Plateau, Kaduna, Adamawa despite all the Billions given them during the presidential elections.

Why they have refused to congratulate the President-Elect on his victory at the 2015 polls is yet unknown but I believe that will be left for historian, researchers and scholars to unravel.

ZuzuMan.
ADD YOURS IF ANY
Re: 12 Prominent Nigerian Leaders Yet To Congratulate President-elect, GMB by unite4real: 5:04pm On May 02, 2015
Even me, I have not congratulated him.
Re: 12 Prominent Nigerian Leaders Yet To Congratulate President-elect, GMB by Nobody: 5:05pm On May 02, 2015
I wish GMB's government can get something to indict Babangida. I would love to see him go to jail.

1 Like

Re: 12 Prominent Nigerian Leaders Yet To Congratulate President-elect, GMB by thefakestan: 5:08pm On May 02, 2015
fun4:

I know for sure that Barcanista has already congratulated GMB and promised to remind him of his promises

Sorry ma bad, I'll edit it.

Thanks
Re: 12 Prominent Nigerian Leaders Yet To Congratulate President-elect, GMB by ezecushy(m): 5:16pm On May 02, 2015
Austin4lif:
Why will they welcome a tyrant coming in as a president? Why will they congratulate a man that did not understand that what he won is an election and not a coup? Why will they congratulate a man that does not know or understand the rule of Law? Why will they congratulate a man that will harass media people, a man that will increase Nigeria problem with his blind promise? Well, God will protect and provide for us during this buhari episode, if u believe like and if u want others. to believe share.
you are a goat. You are condeming the administration that's not yet in power $ encourages the one that has empty the country. I pity you mister know all. You level all these alligation against Gmb not only that, you even wish him to fail you have forgotten that nigerians are facing hardship now because of gej useless policy which doesn't good for us including you. Now you which GMB to fail so that u can suffer more for another 4yrs that's your level of reseaning. When u say heven will fall pls tell me your hiding out. For the likes of us that believe nigeria will be gr8 in respect of who the president is God will surely bless us. But for you, God will judge u

1 Like

Re: 12 Prominent Nigerian Leaders Yet To Congratulate President-elect, GMB by CraftBasket: 5:36pm On May 02, 2015
Kogi is not a Northern state. Take note, OP
Re: 12 Prominent Nigerian Leaders Yet To Congratulate President-elect, GMB by Balyz: 5:41pm On May 02, 2015
No one is interested in the congratulations of losers. It is irrelevant
Re: 12 Prominent Nigerian Leaders Yet To Congratulate President-elect, GMB by kristisking(m): 5:45pm On May 02, 2015
No you don't expect them to congratulate baba one chance when they know the future of Nigeria under him may head for the worst.
Re: 12 Prominent Nigerian Leaders Yet To Congratulate President-elect, GMB by Nobody: 5:45pm On May 02, 2015
OP I no see my name there.
Re: 12 Prominent Nigerian Leaders Yet To Congratulate President-elect, GMB by Joshuaemenike: 5:46pm On May 02, 2015
Everybody must nt tow d same line. Unbehalf of all these pple mentioned above, i wish gmb all d best. He should do well to carry Every zone along.
Re: 12 Prominent Nigerian Leaders Yet To Congratulate President-elect, GMB by isarumah(m): 5:48pm On May 02, 2015
CAN President who dubles as the Chairman, Spiritual and Propaganda Wing of PDP too t congratulate Baba . I wonder where Oritsejafor will be when Baba takes over. He openly said if Nigeria wants Boko Haram attacks to end, Baba GMB should be arrested.
Re: 12 Prominent Nigerian Leaders Yet To Congratulate President-elect, GMB by bigtt76(f): 5:51pm On May 02, 2015
IBB did a full page advert in ThisDay Newspaper early this week but did not mention GMB's name grin I guess the others will fall in line soon.
Re: 12 Prominent Nigerian Leaders Yet To Congratulate President-elect, GMB by paulo220(m): 5:56pm On May 02, 2015
I have not.....until mad people stop trekking

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

COAS: The 24 Army Officers Buhari Bypassed Over Ethnic, Religious Sentiments- SR / Top 10 Most Beautiful Presidential Palaces In Africa / Nnamdi Kanu's Trial: Inside The Court Room (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.