Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,047 members, 7,799,551 topics. Date: Wednesday, 17 April 2024 at 12:53 AM

Important Information For Prospective Batch A Corpers Posted To Niger State. - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Important Information For Prospective Batch A Corpers Posted To Niger State. (1359 Views)

NYSC 2017 Batch A: Important Changes For Prospective Corp Members / NYSC 2016 Batch B Stream 2: An Important Information For Aspiring Corps Members / Prospective Batch A15 Akwa Ibom Corpers (2) (3) (4)

(1)

Important Information For Prospective Batch A Corpers Posted To Niger State. by Koleman(m): 10:50am On May 03, 2015
FOR PROSPECTIVE BATCH A CORPERS POSTED TO NIGER STATE.

I pray this post gets published on the front page coz it will benefit those concerned.
×××××××××××××××××××××××

I assume you already know the required documents you may need in camp.

Three most important things:
1. Posting letter and Offcourse green card. Infact any documents concerned with Nysc. Afterall Na paper so its not heavy.

2. You student I.D card.

3. Statement of Result. Its called another name in polytechnics but I can't remember but I assume u know wat I mean.

4. And Enough Passports. If u can make sure its taken on red background with a with polo t-shirt. (15 copies will be enough) u won't use all but to avoid stories that touch.

Note: Make sure u make photocopies of these also. Its not mandatory but important so that u DONT start running round in camp looking for where to make photocopies. ( at least 10 copies each)

You can take ur jamb too. Just incase.

××××××××××××××××××××××

TRANSPORT:
transportation cost will vary according to distance and place. But one thing is for certain. If you are confused about directions and if you cannot find a direct bus to Min a then The easiest and safest way is this: First make the journey to Abuja. From abuja u will most of the times get a direct vehicle to Suleja.

(or from abuja board a vehicle to zuba and from zuba u can board to Suleja)

From Suleja will then board another vehicle to minna. DONT forget to tell the driver you will stop at nysc camp, paiko. Everybody knows it. Its just by the road side.
×××××××××××××

PLS NOTE: Your destination is not Minna. But the Nysc Camp is located in a local govt called Paikoro. And a town called Paiko. The only reason why you are entering a vehicle meant for minna is becos paiko is just before minna so to get to minna you must first pass through paiko.

sometimes you could even see vehicle going to paiko directly. Just DONT forget to mention nysc camp, paiko. Infact I can assure u on that day almost all vehicle will be going to paiko coz these drivers know nysc camp is opening and they will be expecting an influx of potential corp members going to paiko. So be happy. Na dem go even find you. Price range (700 - 800) but with high demand I can't say.

Note again: They language spoken would generally be Hausa but you will cope fine.

××××××××××××××××××××××

CAMP:

Camp is fun. But Note: there is a tradition in PAIKO CAMP. and it is Right from your entry into the gate intimidation begins. You will be forced to carry ur bags on your head and run around like a refugee ,no matter the size or contents. I felt sorry for those with mighty echolac boxes. They were just crying like children. But for us with little small shuttle or laptops bags we easily did it.

Note: Pls and pls there's no need carry all your property from home. Except you have plans not to travel back home after the tree weeks orientation.

This warning is especially meant for girls. Make sure you carry only wat you will need.

NOTE: throughout ur stay in camp you will only be wearing white on white except on Sundays and its only for about 6hrs. morning till 2pm. So DONT waste ur time carrying all the designers cloths in the world. You no go fit use them. So my advice if you must carry then just know you have only 3 times to wear them.

But some pple maybe be planning to skip travelling home after Camp.. For those pple I say you can carry all u need but pls Abeg make sure you do training for house in the act of carrying ur bag on the head and running with it. Becos you will surely be asked to do that. Its fun sha.

The rest is registration. You will surely know what to do just follow ur fellow corpers and ask question. Do everything everybody is doing just like school days.

REASONS TO SERVE IN NIGER:

They are a million and one reasons.

1. State pays monthly allowance. 6k per month. Yes
not so big but better than more than 20 different states.

2. Peace

3. Respect. You will be valued. Like me and my fellow
corpers used to say. " Anything wei you talk correct!"

4. Cheap life style especially in places outside the
capital

5. Easy to get PPA

6. You will surely meet brothers and sisters from ur
homeland who are currently serving there. So need to
be scared.

7. Good for learning and experience. You will discover
that The north is not hausa as most of us think. Niger
state is dominated by NUPE and Gwari tribe. Who
equally divided between the two religions moslem and
xtian. DONT forget in the just concluded elections a xtian candidate david umaru defeated the incumbent state gov, adamu muazu who is a moslem, in the senatorial elections in a moslem dominated area. Coincidentally thats also the zone where is served. So I can confirm dat. The pple have respect for religion. I served in rural area Gurara local govt. But I can assure u. Every church and denominations is found dere. From catholic to white garment, redeemed, deeper life. Etc.

8. Minna the capital is just like any urban area in
nigeria. Anything you want you get. I mean in terms of
flexing.

9. Personally i didn't serve in minna. I served in one of
the other local govts. At first i was sad. But later when
i got reports from other corpers who got posted to
minna and the difficulties faced in terms of transport
cost, accomodation, feeding, even getting PPAs to accept u.

I praised God for my luck.

8. Made lot of friends from East, west, north and south.

Am sure 3 weeks in camp will enlighten you more.

Samuel
BATCH C 2013/2014

Further enquries u can reach me on Bbm on: 7C09F564
Re: Important Information For Prospective Batch A Corpers Posted To Niger State. by yokiti: 7:29am On May 04, 2015

(1)

Frustrated Graduate / What Every Corper And Ex-corps Must Know About Their NYSC Data Privacy And Usage / Abuja Corpers Invited To Book Launch At Silverbird Cinema

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.