Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,352 members, 7,808,233 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:10 AM

Lamentations Of A Glasses/contact Lens User - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Lamentations Of A Glasses/contact Lens User (30460 Views)

Photo Of A Baby Born With Teeth - Twitter User / Man's Lips Swollen After MouthAction With A Lady - Facebook User (Photo) / Eye Care: What You Must Never Do To Contact Lens- Experts Advice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lamentations Of A Glasses/contact Lens User by nedu2000(m): 4:18pm On May 03, 2015
I've worn glasses for well over a decade,it started with 3 diopter of short-sightedness(-3)from which it got worse (-6) by 1999,it has remained so ever since.It hasn't been easy and I sure would like to see the world in HD in my lifetime and not this'. 'NTA' standard my eyes offer.
My Perils include:

1)SPORTING DRAWBACK: if you think zinedine Zidane,Eden Hazard,leo Messi are the most creative footballers then you've never seen me play,but with my eyesight I had to cool down on my football career.Infact in my University days I rarely get chosen in teams sad

2)ROMANTIC DRAWBACKS: There were times a got a 'moment' with some hot chics and as I was closing in for a french kiss my glasses sets up a awkward moment instead and my chance is gone! The glasses also give me this "he's cute but he's not man enough since he wears glasses!!" from girls.

3 )DOMESTIC/EVERYDAY CHALLENGES: I can't fall asleep swiftly without looking for a means to drop my glasses somewhere,if I use contacts my sparkling eyes turn red the next day,if it's raining/foggy my glasses becomes completely misty and unlike windshields,spectacles don't come with wipers sad

4)MISCELLAENOUS: job opportunities-i studied civil engineer but I have fewer opportunities to prove myself as a good site engineer due to stereotypes

* intimidation- I was driving around Orile in Lagos when one lanky dude tried extorting money from me,merely because he felt I was weak/gentle not until I broke his nose did he realise I wasn't weak, had to spend N2500 on his treatment sad

Nairalanders please is there any sort cure for shortsightedness? I heard of many side-effects in relation to the laser option!

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lamentations Of A Glasses/contact Lens User by Ishilove: 6:16pm On May 03, 2015
nedu2000:

* intimidation- I was driving around Orile in Lagos when one lanky dude tried extorting money from me,merely because he felt I was weak/gentle not until I broke his nose did he realise I wasn't weak, had to spend N2500 on his treatment sad

shocked

33 Likes

Re: Lamentations Of A Glasses/contact Lens User by bro4u: 6:20pm On May 03, 2015
Op you dont need a new glass,all you need is faith and fervent prayers,you can even vow never to put it on again.Then it shall be well with you.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lamentations Of A Glasses/contact Lens User by Caracta(f): 6:20pm On May 03, 2015
It's not about the glasses; it's about you.

I don't believe the job opportunity part. Even blind people have jobs.

I use glasses and I've never been treated differently.

Do you use the geeky-albert-Einstein glasses with rounded rims or the funky-asha-on-fire ones?

16 Likes

Re: Lamentations Of A Glasses/contact Lens User by Nobody: 6:21pm On May 03, 2015
The eyes will sink into the socket.

4 Likes

Re: Lamentations Of A Glasses/contact Lens User by lanre316: 6:21pm On May 03, 2015
Sorry, dude. You have to bear your own cross, just like everyone else.

3 Likes

Re: Lamentations Of A Glasses/contact Lens User by Nobody: 6:21pm On May 03, 2015
#2 tho.
Re: Lamentations Of A Glasses/contact Lens User by tunwumi: 6:21pm On May 03, 2015
Just one cure I will recommend.

Be yourself.

4 Likes

Re: Lamentations Of A Glasses/contact Lens User by barnacle: 6:22pm On May 03, 2015
fp tinz mehn....v got astigmatism whch znt rly criouz n i kp loosin my glasses coz i hate dem
Re: Lamentations Of A Glasses/contact Lens User by Situation001(m): 6:22pm On May 03, 2015
ok
Re: Lamentations Of A Glasses/contact Lens User by Nobody: 6:24pm On May 03, 2015
I dumped my glasses just 3 weeks after getting them. I have 20/20 vision dammit! Fvck that optometrist who thinks otherwise. And fvck you too if you feel my optometrist was right to prescribe them.
*middleFinger*
Hold it, hold it! Why am I seeing two middle fingers instead of one?

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lamentations Of A Glasses/contact Lens User by BlakkBoi(m): 6:26pm On May 03, 2015
My glasses is a turn on.

I get more attention from ladies since I decided to dump corrective inefficient drugs for glasses.

Glasses makes you look more responsible and cool.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lamentations Of A Glasses/contact Lens User by adewaletb3(m): 6:27pm On May 03, 2015
We all know it hurts but take heart

1 Like

Re: Lamentations Of A Glasses/contact Lens User by pretydiva(f): 6:27pm On May 03, 2015
M jst here 2 read comments

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lamentations Of A Glasses/contact Lens User by scribble: 6:28pm On May 03, 2015
Caracta:
It's not about the glasses; it's about you.

I don't believe the job opportunity part. Even blind people have jobs.

I use glasses and I've never been treated differently.

Do you use the geeky-albert-Einstein glasses with rounded rims or the funky-asha-on-fire ones?

Spoken like a true programmer.
Re: Lamentations Of A Glasses/contact Lens User by bro4u: 6:28pm On May 03, 2015
Nikapetrelli:
J for Jesus
Join us babe,are you a learnergringringrin
Re: Lamentations Of A Glasses/contact Lens User by jamex93(m): 6:28pm On May 03, 2015
my eyes don't need it

only my tears can heal your eye problem
Re: Lamentations Of A Glasses/contact Lens User by nwaobitex: 6:28pm On May 03, 2015
grin
Re: Lamentations Of A Glasses/contact Lens User by DeRay98(m): 6:29pm On May 03, 2015
Re: Lamentations Of A Glasses/contact Lens User by OmichaelO: 6:29pm On May 03, 2015
What OP mention is kinda true

I started with -0.50 .. I'm now using -1.5
I pray it doesn't get worse!!
but I don't always have it on, sometimes I hang it on my head

Re: Lamentations Of A Glasses/contact Lens User by CoCoLav(f): 6:29pm On May 03, 2015
Mine makes me look like a geek

I dont mind anyway.

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Court Lifts Ban On Abalaka's HIV Vaccines / Couple Needs N4.7million From Philanthropists To Treat Their Son / Lassa Fever: Symptoms, Prevention And Treatment By WHO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.