Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,589 members, 7,809,130 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:31 AM

Things Nigerians May Not Know About Vp-elect Osinbajo, By Justice Umezulike - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Things Nigerians May Not Know About Vp-elect Osinbajo, By Justice Umezulike (30497 Views)

See This White Woman's Tweet About VP Osinbanjo / Official Portrait Of Vp-elect, Osinbajo / Ambode And Vice-president Elect Osinbajo Shut Down Alaba Market (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Things Nigerians May Not Know About Vp-elect Osinbajo, By Justice Umezulike by Nobody: 5:59am On May 04, 2015
By profuse printed and oral utterances so much had been said about General Muhammadu Buhari’s cleanliness, incorruptibility, Spartan lifestyle and unswerving mission and vision for Nigeria. The personality of General Buhari had eclipsed or dwarfed the entire All Progressives Congress political formation.

But not many Nigerians know that Prof. Yemi Osinbajo (SAN) possesses the above qualities and attributes in sufficient measure. He has in the past four decades maintained exceptional clean living and clean thinking. He is highly dedicated to the Nigerian cause and dream. Above all he is an outstanding intellectual and legal genius. He took his professorial chair of the highly rated Faculty of Law, University of Lagos at a comparatively tender age. He also took the silk (the Senior Advocate of Nigeria) at a fairly very young age.

He anchored the international conferences that led to the establishment of the Independent Corrupt Practices and other related offences Commission, the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency, the Federal Road Safety Commission and the National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control.

Prof. Yemi Osinbajo said at the conference that preceded the establishment of the NDLEA: “It is fairly difficult to discern any pattern in policy formulation and legislation on the drug problem and this is hardly surprising. Law making in this area has always been a direct response to prevailing public opinion and exigencies of the time. Thus drug laws have been variously made on the premise that a social problem of drug use exists.”

Prof. Yemi Osinbajo also spearheaded the unification of the criminal laws and procedure of Northern and Southern Nigeria. This project was awaiting the signature of former President Ibrahim Babangida before he stepped aside in 1993. It is disheartening that some curious officials at the Federal Ministry of Justice, Abuja, have now appropriated the authorship of that project to themselves. He has also documented and published a widely acclaimed comprehensive Nigerian Customary Laws.

Prof. Yemi Osinbajo appeared before us at the Failed Banks Tribunal, Lagos Zone from 1997 to 1999. The Judges, including the writer, can readily bear tribute that his oratory, elocution and presentations were exemplary.

In fact his strong sweep of thought and wonderful dialectics in court place him in the league of legal grandmasters like late Chief Rotimi Williams (SAN), late Chief Clement Obiora Akpamgbo (SAN) and Prof. A. B. Kasumu (SAN).

As Attorney General of Lagos State, Professor Osinbajo recommended and saw through, the implementation of a welfare package for Judges of Lagos State High Court, far higher and better than those enjoyed by Justices of the Supreme Court of Nigeria. He is very urbane, decorous, humble and highly respectful. He had remained religious and unspoilt notwithstanding rapid successes.

In 1991 he co-edited an epic work entitled: “Democracy and the Law.” It is my surmise that the book would now come to him handy as he begins the enormous and onerous business of democratic governance and the strengthening of democratic institutions in Nigeria.

Evidently in Prof. Yemi Osinbajo (SAN) General Muhammadu Buhari has a soulmate and a dependable comrade in the task of ensuring that Nigeria no longer staggers. I can testify that a sip of executive powers will never produce intoxication in him.

. Justice I.A. Umezulike is the Chief Judge of Enugu State.

http://theeagleonline.com.ng/things-nigerians-may-not-know-about-vp-elect-osinbajo-by-justice-i-a-umezulike/

48 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Things Nigerians May Not Know About Vp-elect Osinbajo, By Justice Umezulike by GboyegaD(m): 6:23am On May 04, 2015
The light shineth. ... I pray they surpass the expectations of the Nigerian society and the world at large.

97 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Things Nigerians May Not Know About Vp-elect Osinbajo, By Justice Umezulike by wachakuta(m): 6:28am On May 04, 2015
good. no more ghost mode VP

46 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things Nigerians May Not Know About Vp-elect Osinbajo, By Justice Umezulike by OrlandoOwoh(m): 6:28am On May 04, 2015
Like Muhammadu Buhari did for Tunde Idiagbon, I see Yemi Osinbajo playing a key role in the government of Buhari. He may even double as Minister of Justice.

58 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things Nigerians May Not Know About Vp-elect Osinbajo, By Justice Umezulike by tmotmo: 6:32am On May 04, 2015
My Pellow Nigerians, this thread is lacking in comments as at now. Why?
They (saTAN) are expecting to read about VP-elect that will be accused of stealing and corruption (remember, stealing is not corruption grin grin grin).

So the thread fall short of their expected contents, hence they are yet to make contributions to the thread. You should trust Jonathians/saTAN and their agents, just like they are now claiming to have evidence against their PDP NWC.

I am grateful to God for making it possible to have people like GMB and PYO as the head of our incoming government.

They are not God, we are equally not expecting miracles, but i believe the level of corruption Nigeria/Nigerians attained during the 16 years of PDP has never been recorded anywhere (i repeat anywhere) on this planet.

With the duo mentioned above and God's willing, getting a like minds as team members, Nigeria will start moving to prosperity.

#IamHappy_4_MyDecision
#Ivoted_GMB/PYO

God Bless Nigeria
In God we trust

104 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Things Nigerians May Not Know About Vp-elect Osinbajo, By Justice Umezulike by Nobody: 6:45am On May 04, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:
Like Muhammadu Buhari did for Tunde Idiagbon, I see Yemi Osinbajo playing a key role in the government of Buhari. He may even double as Minister of Justice.

young man,this is not military era,we are in a democratic dispensation
Re: Things Nigerians May Not Know About Vp-elect Osinbajo, By Justice Umezulike by OrlandoOwoh(m): 6:48am On May 04, 2015
hbpeze:

young man,this is not military era,we are in a democratic dispensation
What do you even understand? What is your grouse, giving the VP the chance to operate or giving him a ministry?

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things Nigerians May Not Know About Vp-elect Osinbajo, By Justice Umezulike by jazinogold(m): 7:03am On May 04, 2015
ok
Re: Things Nigerians May Not Know About Vp-elect Osinbajo, By Justice Umezulike by NewNigeriaMind: 7:07am On May 04, 2015
My greatest joy is with having a VP such as Osinnanjo.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things Nigerians May Not Know About Vp-elect Osinbajo, By Justice Umezulike by Nobody: 7:27am On May 04, 2015
Omo odua rere

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things Nigerians May Not Know About Vp-elect Osinbajo, By Justice Umezulike by Generalkorex(m): 7:31am On May 04, 2015
Wow lets go there may29 is almost here.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things Nigerians May Not Know About Vp-elect Osinbajo, By Justice Umezulike by efilefun(m): 7:35am On May 04, 2015
This team got potentials and I pray they deliver. No more ghost VP... Lol

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things Nigerians May Not Know About Vp-elect Osinbajo, By Justice Umezulike by AWONEYAN(m): 7:38am On May 04, 2015
He is also a dedicated,disciplined and spirit filled child of God.....
Testimony of Past E.A Adeboye on PYO, one of my sons, I can trust completely, you give him an assignment , you can go and sleep, cos He will work with utmost sincerity and dedication.

I feel God loves Nigerians and He made this choices for us, despite all odds( dollarisation, incubemcy,propagandas,even betrayal from a section of CAN,OPC, Obas, FFK, Okupes,..)

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things Nigerians May Not Know About Vp-elect Osinbajo, By Justice Umezulike by simplemach(m): 8:05am On May 04, 2015
E no concern me.
Re: Things Nigerians May Not Know About Vp-elect Osinbajo, By Justice Umezulike by WisdomCanada(m): 8:05am On May 04, 2015
Wow

1 Like

Re: Things Nigerians May Not Know About Vp-elect Osinbajo, By Justice Umezulike by Nobody: 8:05am On May 04, 2015
cool
Re: Things Nigerians May Not Know About Vp-elect Osinbajo, By Justice Umezulike by Burger01(m): 8:05am On May 04, 2015
That's a good VP-elect Nigerians can have confidence in... not that skunk of outgoing VPundecided

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things Nigerians May Not Know About Vp-elect Osinbajo, By Justice Umezulike by omenka(m): 8:06am On May 04, 2015
What more can I say... smiley
You just gotta love #TeamAPC.
They rock inside out! smiley

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things Nigerians May Not Know About Vp-elect Osinbajo, By Justice Umezulike by orobs93(m): 8:06am On May 04, 2015
I know he is 3 in 1
Pastor, professor of law,an a senior advocate of nigeria

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things Nigerians May Not Know About Vp-elect Osinbajo, By Justice Umezulike by Cymbal: 8:06am On May 04, 2015
#Integrity#
Re: Things Nigerians May Not Know About Vp-elect Osinbajo, By Justice Umezulike by Tenim47(m): 8:06am On May 04, 2015
Wit his dry face han? . Sai Osinbajo
Re: Things Nigerians May Not Know About Vp-elect Osinbajo, By Justice Umezulike by GodMode: 8:07am On May 04, 2015
The "things" are meant to be explained in a list.. I have better things to read..

1 Like

Re: Things Nigerians May Not Know About Vp-elect Osinbajo, By Justice Umezulike by rill: 8:07am On May 04, 2015
As I don book this space #Godwin
Re: Things Nigerians May Not Know About Vp-elect Osinbajo, By Justice Umezulike by moscobabs(m): 8:07am On May 04, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:
Bro read what u type again
Re: Things Nigerians May Not Know About Vp-elect Osinbajo, By Justice Umezulike by crowniran(m): 8:08am On May 04, 2015
bsbsbsb z sjwjsmz. x skamnNsmnzmq.a.
Re: Things Nigerians May Not Know About Vp-elect Osinbajo, By Justice Umezulike by stayblack: 8:08am On May 04, 2015
GOD USE GMB PYO TO FREE US FROM , GEJ AND HIS HOE PEJ, AND THEIR GANG OF THIEVES.. grin

1 Like

Re: Things Nigerians May Not Know About Vp-elect Osinbajo, By Justice Umezulike by nikkflexible(f): 8:09am On May 04, 2015
cool
Re: Things Nigerians May Not Know About Vp-elect Osinbajo, By Justice Umezulike by seeker121(m): 8:09am On May 04, 2015
waiting for Barcanista and Temitemi to do the opposite because they will never see anything good in the coming administration.

5 Likes

Re: Things Nigerians May Not Know About Vp-elect Osinbajo, By Justice Umezulike by OrlandoOwoh(m): 8:10am On May 04, 2015
moscobabs:
Bro read what u type again
Read what I typed carefully, and tell me what is wrong with it.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Suffering And Smiling: Nigerians Blast I Stand With Buhari Group (photos) / 'Money Stop Nonsense' Woman "Faints" After Attacking Commissioner In Delta. PICS / How Buhari Failed To Settle Rift Between Oshiomhole And Obaseki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.