Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,455 members, 7,801,117 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 11:09 AM

League Analysis: The EPL Vs The Bundesliga - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / League Analysis: The EPL Vs The Bundesliga (11301 Views)

*~ dayokanu Voted The EPL Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations!! / French Ligue 1, Spanish La Liga, Italian Serie A, Dutch Eredivisi And Bundesliga / Serie A, Premiership, La Liga Or Bundesliga? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: League Analysis: The EPL Vs The Bundesliga by Sauron1: 8:34pm On Feb 07, 2009
The ones ripping JAMB apart WILL NEVER sit for POLY-JAMB exams.
Our priorities are different in England. . . . . .
The BIG TEAMS always ensure they finish in the top four so they can play in the ELITE Champions League whereas teams like Bayern Munich and Milan don't really care about their domestic leagues(cos they know it's SHYTE).
Re: League Analysis: The EPL Vs The Bundesliga by akinalabi(m): 2:12am On Feb 08, 2009
I dont get this. . . Is Dayo trying to say the German league is
better than the EPL?

I dont think thats worth discussing. Its like comparing SLEEP
with DEATH!
Re: League Analysis: The EPL Vs The Bundesliga by dayokanu(m): 4:45am On Feb 08, 2009
I dont get this. . . Is Dayo trying to say the German league is
better than the EPL?

I dont think thats worth discussing. Its like comparing SLEEP
with DEATH!

I dont get it either why a league of 20 teams should always be rated based on the performance of 4 teams alone and not on the other representatives in Europe
Re: League Analysis: The EPL Vs The Bundesliga by akinalabi(m): 1:10pm On Feb 08, 2009
Still not a basis for comparing it with the Bundesliga. This
is the same bundesliga you've admitted right here on this
forum was dwindling.

And like Sauron said, UEFA has been ranking leagues for
long. When they were ranking the Italian and Spanish
leagues as the best, no one complained. The English, and
their fans did not complain.

Now they've rated it the best and so it is.

End of story.

And mind you, having top 4 strong teams is no joke. . .
Re: League Analysis: The EPL Vs The Bundesliga by dayokanu(m): 3:35pm On Feb 08, 2009
when UEFA was ranking other leagues as tops they were justified cos teams from the countries swept all titles
or were very dominant in ALL UEFA competitions. Not just one
Re: League Analysis: The EPL Vs The Bundesliga by akinalabi(m): 3:45pm On Feb 08, 2009
dayokanu:

when UEFA was ranking other leagues as tops they were justified cos teams from the countries swept all titles
or were very dominant in ALL UEFA competitions. Not just one

That obviously means winning the UEFA cup alongside the UCL was
not the criteria they were using.

It's obviously Dayo's criteria and it's only heard on Nairaland.  tongue
Re: League Analysis: The EPL Vs The Bundesliga by tayoccu(m): 9:53am On Feb 09, 2009
DK please tell me the last time a bundesliga side won anything in europe?

tell me apart form Bayern munich and bayer leverkusen, which other german team has made any significant impact in the European scene?

fyi pompey that u've been hitting on gave a good account of themselves against ac milan.

DK do tell me how many mid-league german teams have decent campaigns in europe?
it's not just the strenght of 4 teams, it's the potential of all 18 teams in the EPL.
Re: League Analysis: The EPL Vs The Bundesliga by akinalabi(m): 11:30am On Feb 09, 2009
Having 4 very strong teams in a league is a great thing. That
is almost A QUATER of the whole league.
Re: League Analysis: The EPL Vs The Bundesliga by dayokanu(m): 5:28pm On Feb 09, 2009
@Tayoccu,

Its the lack of information and knowledge that is the problem.

Do u know Borrousia Dortmund won the CL Do you know Schalke 04 won the UEFA cup.

Portsmouth gave a good account and didnt qualify the drew Milan at home. While Wolfsburg topped the group that had Milan drew Milan at San Siro. I bet you havent heard about a club called Wolfsburg before.

Good account and couldnt qualify from a group of Braga and Wolfsburg. Good account indeed.

@Akinalabi,
In a league of 20 teams only 4 can boast of a good performance in Europe

Spain - Deportivo and Villareal played CL semis.
Valencia Played CL finals
Barcelona and real won

UEFA cup. Sevilla and Valencia won, Espanyol played finals
Osasuna semis

We are talking about 8 different clubs who have represented their countries well within the last 8 years.
Re: League Analysis: The EPL Vs The Bundesliga by akinalabi(m): 10:10pm On Feb 09, 2009
How did you come up with 8 years? To suit your argument abi?

DAYO!!!  grin

Why 8 years? The rise of the premiership has been a matter
of just about 5 years. 8 years ago, the premiership was not
rated as the best so dont give me that.

Now compare this to any country in Europe.

4 consecutive champions league finals in 4 years

Winning 2 of them.

All English final in one of them.

Quite a few semi finals (i dont have the exact figures now)

A UEFA cup final

That makes it 5 teams in 4 years representing their country well.

If you name any country that has done better than that in the
last 4 years, I will submit right here that you won this argument.
Re: League Analysis: The EPL Vs The Bundesliga by dayokanu(m): 10:35pm On Feb 09, 2009
In 5 years

Barcelona won the CL, Barcelona, Villareal played the semis

UEFA cup

Valencia and Sevilla wins
Espanyol plays finals and Osasuna semis

That shows a balanced league and this goes beyond the Top teams only.

The mid table teams can also compete that is the point.

The top teams are competitve amongst their peers, also the mid table teams are competitive not a lopsided EPL
Re: League Analysis: The EPL Vs The Bundesliga by akinalabi(m): 11:17pm On Feb 09, 2009
akinalabi:

4 consecutive champions league finals in 4 years

Winning 2 of them.

All English final in one of them.

Quite a few semi finals (i dont have the exact figures now)

A UEFA cup final

dayokanu:

Barcelona won the CL, Barcelona, Villareal played the semis

UEFA cup

Valencia and Sevilla wins
Espanyol plays finals and Osasuna semis

Just compare the two for yourself.

But before we go too far. Look at the title of this thread.

League Analysis: The EPL Vs The Bundesliga

Oya, compare the two using your "balanced league" analogy.
Re: League Analysis: The EPL Vs The Bundesliga by Sauron1: 11:20pm On Feb 09, 2009
I can't believe akinalabi is still here.

UEFA think EPL is the best.
IFFFHS think EPL is the best.
FIFA know EPL is the best.
There's a reason we play 4 teams in the UCL and Bundesliga play 3(will be reduced to 2 very soon).

What other proof do you need??
Re: League Analysis: The EPL Vs The Bundesliga by dayokanu(m): 11:47pm On Feb 09, 2009
Comparing the 2, Spain and England shows that Spain has lots of clubs who can represent and challenge Europe while EPL has just 4.
Re: League Analysis: The EPL Vs The Bundesliga by akinalabi(m): 11:54pm On Feb 09, 2009
~Sauron~:

I can't believe akinalabi is still here.

I'm not yet married grin

Still here mate. Enjoying the Chelsea saga grin

dayokanu:

Comparing the 2, Spain and England shows that Spain has lots of clubs who can represent and challenge Europe while EPL has just 4.

What about Germany? That is what this thread is about.

The premiership and the bundesliga.
Re: League Analysis: The EPL Vs The Bundesliga by tkb417(m): 10:52am On Feb 10, 2009
What about Germany? That is what this thread is about.

The premiership and the bundesliga.
he likes not to answer that cos the Budesliga and the eredivise are equal.
The EPL and the Bundesliga? do u wanna compare death with sleep?
nahhh
Re: League Analysis: The EPL Vs The Bundesliga by frankdl145: 8:58am On May 09, 2013
Let's see....this year the EPL winners from last year couldn't top BVB, Real Madrid, or Ajax. Arsenal lost to Schalke. No team made it to the final 4. It's all about money and media coverage. That will change after this season and the league will become as worthless as the English national team.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Man Utd Vs Liverpool (2 - 1) On Saturday 11th February 2012 / Real Sociedad Defeats Barcelona 3 - 2 On 19th January 2013 / 2007 Champions League Quarter Finals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.