Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,494 members, 7,770,209 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 07:33 AM

My Love Covenant With A Mermaid - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / My Love Covenant With A Mermaid (4153 Views)

My Love My Secret (mlms) / The Mermaid & The River Goddess / Ebo Yemoja (the Mermaid’s Sacrifice) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Love Covenant With A Mermaid by newmuzik: 5:55pm On May 04, 2015
BrownGarri © 2015

My life was a very simple life…. Everything was in modesty and I was contented. I was a driver in Thompson And Grace Investments Limited, an oil and gas company in Eket, Akwa Ibom state. Earning about N40,000 a month and a little more than that if you consider the tips I get here and there most times.

Everybody liked me or maybe it was pity they felt for me considering the fact that I was a graduate, fluent in English and polished in character, but underemployed probably because I was not indigenous to the Niger Deltan States. Sometimes I get lots of gifts, cash inclusive from just going on simple errands. I looked and dressed good too. Amongst my colleagues (Drivers) I stood out in appearance and articulation. This made me to become a center of envy among them. But I still remained my humble self, guided by integrity and decorum.

Within 3 months of working, I was able to move out from my single room which I rented after my NYSC program, to a self-contained apartment. I was also able to furnish it to my very own taste. I had a satellite TV, micro wave oven, washing machine and a host of other cool stuffs. I was the only driver entrusted to take the companies vehicle home on weekdays and sometimes on weekends. Life was good to me.

A man isn’t yet complete without someone to love…. There was love in the air, nothing too concrete though, just a little kick start. Her name was Rita Effiong. She was in Admin department at the company I worked. Sometimes she brings home made meals for me at the office, specially packed. She was a good cook and she was fond of me. I liked her too but we were never intimate…not yet.

Around 4:30pm one Thursday, my boss decided to leave work for home early, so I had to drive him home. His home was about 15 minutes drive from the office. The sky was threatening and I had to hasten my driving cause there was no umbrella in the car. While I was driving, I noticed a lady waiting by the road side, she wore a white long gown and had a luggage beside her. I felt so sorry for her, but there was no way on earth I could have picked her while my boss was in the car.

I reached his home and he highlighted. He then said. “Jonny boy!! Why don’t you come have supper with us?”
I said. “So grateful sir, but no sir. I don’t want to drive in the rain.”
He then said. “Okay, Jonny. You will come pick me up tomorrow the usual time.”
Then I left.

As I was driving back to work to get some of my things, I came across the lady, whom I saw earlier. I decided to stop, in order to help her. So I parked away from the road just beside her, I then came down and went to meet her. I said to her. “Hello, my name is John and I believe you are stranded.”
She looked a bit relaxed and said. “No. I am fine. I am only waiting here for someone. I will be okay.”
I then said. “Please, the sky is heavy with rain, there will be a down pour any moment and I wont forgive myself if you end up in the rain. Please you need to know, I am only trying to be of help”

After much persuasion she then decided to enter the car, so I led her to the back seat and placed her luggage in the boot. As soon as she was seated in the car the rain started to pour.
I asked her. “Sorry, may I know your name?”
She answered. “My name is Amanda.”
I then asked. “Amanda where are you heading to?”
She replied. “I am going to Kwa Ibo.”

I pondered…. cause I have never heard of that place before. So I quickly went through an app on my phone: GPS driving route, so I could locate it. I then saw that it was about 22km from where we were. So we headed to Kwa Ibo. We journeyed for about 30 minutes until we got to the town. It was a quiet coastal town and the moment we entered the town, the rain stopped falling.

I dropped her off, got her luggage out and wished her well. She smiled at me and said. “Thank you so much John. I truly appreciate your kindness.”
I said to her. “It’s okay Amanda, I am glad you are safe at your destination. You take care of your self bye.”
She then said. “It is well with you. Bye John.”
I stood for a while, looking at her and admiring her beauty. Then I entered the car and zoomed off. It was dark and I decided to head straight to my apartment, there was no way I could go back to the office to pick up my things

As I got home, I helped myself with dinner, took a shower and headed straight to bed. That night, I had an unusual dream. Normally I hardly remember my dreams, but this one was quite peculiar. I bumped into a pretty damsel, she was so beautiful that I could term her angelic in appearance. She said to me. “Come with me.”
Like I had an option? I followed her and we headed to a beautiful garden, in form of a court. In the middle of the garden there was a table and 2 chairs. We both sat and ate a variety of fruits. That was all I could remember, then I woke up the following morning and had to prepare for the day.

While I was cleaning the car, I realized there was a trinket on the back seat, it looked more like a tree made up of bronze or gold with a precious stone on it. I knew someone must have left it behind, but I didn’t know who. My options were either my Boss or Amanda. I was in a dilemma, I couldn’t ask my boss, because if it’s not his, then I am in trouble. I am not allowed to carry any unassigned person in the company vehicle.

I placed the trinket on the dashboard in the car hoping that when my boss sees it he would claim it, That is if it belongs to him. When I got to his place to pick him up, he sighted the trinket and said. “Jonny boy!! That stuff looks girlie, what are you doing with it?”
I just laughed, and drove straight to work, knowing fully well that the trinket didn’t belong to him.

On getting to the office premises, still in the car, my boss called my attention and as I turned to reach out to him, he counted N15,000 and handed it over to me. I then said. “Sir, what for Sir?”
He laughed and said. “Use it to by yourself lunch.”

My boss had never given me such an amount before. I just assumed he was in a good mood. I then had to go to the office to get some of my things. Then I bumped into the chairman of the company. I have never met him one on one before, I only used to see his picture frame on the walls of the building. He caught my glimpse and said. “Young man come here.”
I went towards him and said. “Good morning Sir.”
He answered. “Good morning. What a good looking man. I never knew I had such a good looking man working for me here. What position do you hold.?”
I said to him. “I am a driver Sir.”
He then said. “WHAT!!” As he took off his glasses and narrowed his eyes on me. “You mean you are a driver? Are you a graduate?”
I said to him. “Yes Sir, I am a graduate. I have a B.Sc. in Business Administration. I finished with a two one.”
He then asked. “What state are you from?”
I answered him. “Kogi state Sir.”
He said. “See me in my office in 30 minutes.”

Rita then came to me and said. “John, today might be your lucky day.” I just didn’t understand what was going on in my life. First thing, I got a N15,000 tip from my boss and next thing my chairman wants to see me…. I was beginning to feel lucky.

30 minutes later, I went to see the chairman. He said. “Have a seat John.”
I sat down with so much anxiety.

He took his time perusing some documents and after a minute he focused on me and said. “I am so sorry that you were underemployed. I had know idea about it. I really feel I should make it up to you. From your documents here, you are known for honesty and integrity. I think it’s time we put good use of your qualifications and your character for our benefit.”

I was shocked beyond expression. I then said. “Sir, I don’t get you Sir.”
He laughed and said to me. “Young man, I just feel you deserve a lot better. Would you mind if you are responsible in consolidating our sales operation in oil and gas? We had a little problem with the young man in charge and we need a replacement. Are you in?”

For a moment, it felt like a dream. But I was very aware of my environment and in tune with my senses. So I knew it was real. I then said. “Sir, I am ready to serve and I am more than willing to work with you to the best of my ability.”
He said. “That’s good, I am very glad you accepted the offer. The other guy, because he is from here, looted and when he was tired of looting he fled to the UK, that was just last week. So John, you need to prove yourself worthy for the task.”
I then said. “Sir, I will not disappoint. I give you my word. So Sir when do I begin.”
He then said. “Your work starts now. By Sunday, you should be able to move into your new quarters. It’s a 3 bedroom flat fully furnished, you just need your clothes. My driver will take you to your point of duty now and there you will be briefed further on your package.”

I didn’t know whether to prostrate or give the chairman a hand shake, I just stood up and thanked him dearly. Next thing, the driver came in and we both left. On getting to my new office, it was a duplex and my office was on the ground floor. My new subordinates came in to meet me, they looked really obese and lazy, I knew they grew fat on “chopping money” So I had to dismiss them from their duties. I fired them and made sure they were paid their salaries in full. I then hired contract staffs, to takeover from them.

End of part 1 for the concluding parts visit www.browngarri.com

2 Likes

Re: My Love Covenant With A Mermaid by delishpot: 6:37pm On May 04, 2015
interesting
Re: My Love Covenant With A Mermaid by achinaboy(m): 7:34pm On May 04, 2015
am not visiting any site,am waiting for your part 2

1 Like

Re: My Love Covenant With A Mermaid by riddler4real(m): 10:19pm On May 04, 2015
achinaboy:
am not visiting any site,am waiting for your part 2

u go wait tire tongue
Re: My Love Covenant With A Mermaid by achinaboy(m): 12:51pm On May 05, 2015
riddler4real:

u go wait tire tongue
as long as it takes
Re: My Love Covenant With A Mermaid by Redoil: 2:50pm On May 05, 2015
Ur story line is da bomb
Re: My Love Covenant With A Mermaid by newmuzik: 6:40am On May 07, 2015
Redoil:
Ur story line is da bomb

thanx bro
Re: My Love Covenant With A Mermaid by pinky21(f): 11:19am On May 07, 2015
u ve lots of interesting stories but I got tired of reading ur articles cos u are always fond of ending your stories on another site.

secondly, at a time I tried going to the site n finish up d story and dere was another site again to just finish readn a story.

pls try to change ur pattern a little. no offense,from someone who cares.

1 Like

Re: My Love Covenant With A Mermaid by newmuzik: 1:31pm On May 07, 2015
pinky21:
u ve lots of interesting stories but I got tired of reading ur articles cos u are always fond of ending your stories on another site.

secondly, at a time I tried going to the site n finish up d story and dere was another site again to just finish readn a story.

pls try to change ur pattern a little. no offense,from someone who cares.

Noted will do something about it
Re: My Love Covenant With A Mermaid by delishpot: 7:10pm On May 07, 2015
Read it all. But he would have gone for deliverance na.
Re: My Love Covenant With A Mermaid by riddler4real(m): 7:47am On May 10, 2015
delishpot:
Read it all. But he would have gone for deliverance na.

That's how every story ends.... hate to follow the crowd
Re: My Love Covenant With A Mermaid by delishpot: 7:51am On May 10, 2015
riddler4real:

That's how every story ends.... hate to follow the crowd

Ok.
Re: My Love Covenant With A Mermaid by newmuzik: 4:12am On Sep 06, 2015
smiley
newmuzik:
BrownGarri © 2015

My life was a very simple life…. Everything was in modesty and I was contented. I was a driver in Thompson And Grace Investments Limited, an oil and gas company in Eket, Akwa Ibom state. Earning about N40,000 a month and a little more than that if you consider the tips I get here and there most times.

Everybody liked me or maybe it was pity they felt for me considering the fact that I was a graduate, fluent in English and polished in character, but underemployed probably because I was not indigenous to the Niger Deltan States. Sometimes I get lots of gifts, cash inclusive from just going on simple errands. I looked and dressed good too. Amongst my colleagues (Drivers) I stood out in appearance and articulation. This made me to become a center of envy among them. But I still remained my humble self, guided by integrity and decorum.

Within 3 months of working, I was able to move out from my single room which I rented after my NYSC program, to a self-contained apartment. I was also able to furnish it to my very own taste. I had a satellite TV, micro wave oven, washing machine and a host of other cool stuffs. I was the only driver entrusted to take the companies vehicle home on weekdays and sometimes on weekends. Life was good to me.

A man isn’t yet complete without someone to love…. There was love in the air, nothing too concrete though, just a little kick start. Her name was Rita Effiong. She was in Admin department at the company I worked. Sometimes she brings home made meals for me at the office, specially packed. She was a good cook and she was fond of me. I liked her too but we were never intimate…not yet.

Around 4:30pm one Thursday, my boss decided to leave work for home early, so I had to drive him home. His home was about 15 minutes drive from the office. The sky was threatening and I had to hasten my driving cause there was no umbrella in the car. While I was driving, I noticed a lady waiting by the road side, she wore a white long gown and had a luggage beside her. I felt so sorry for her, but there was no way on earth I could have picked her while my boss was in the car.

I reached his home and he highlighted. He then said. “Jonny boy!! Why don’t you come have supper with us?”
I said. “So grateful sir, but no sir. I don’t want to drive in the rain.”
He then said. “Okay, Jonny. You will come pick me up tomorrow the usual time.”
Then I left.

As I was driving back to work to get some of my things, I came across the lady, whom I saw earlier. I decided to stop, in order to help her. So I parked away from the road just beside her, I then came down and went to meet her. I said to her. “Hello, my name is John and I believe you are stranded.”
She looked a bit relaxed and said. “No. I am fine. I am only waiting here for someone. I will be okay.”
I then said. “Please, the sky is heavy with rain, there will be a down pour any moment and I wont forgive myself if you end up in the rain. Please you need to know, I am only trying to be of help”

After much persuasion she then decided to enter the car, so I led her to the back seat and placed her luggage in the boot. As soon as she was seated in the car the rain started to pour.
I asked her. “Sorry, may I know your name?”
She answered. “My name is Amanda.”
I then asked. “Amanda where are you heading to?”
She replied. “I am going to Kwa Ibo.”

I pondered…. cause I have never heard of that place before. So I quickly went through an app on my phone: GPS driving route, so I could locate it. I then saw that it was about 22km from where we were. So we headed to Kwa Ibo. We journeyed for about 30 minutes until we got to the town. It was a quiet coastal town and the moment we entered the town, the rain stopped falling.

I dropped her off, got her luggage out and wished her well. She smiled at me and said. “Thank you so much John. I truly appreciate your kindness.”
I said to her. “It’s okay Amanda, I am glad you are safe at your destination. You take care of your self bye.”
She then said. “It is well with you. Bye John.”
I stood for a while, looking at her and admiring her beauty. Then I entered the car and zoomed off. It was dark and I decided to head straight to my apartment, there was no way I could go back to the office to pick up my things

As I got home, I helped myself with dinner, took a shower and headed straight to bed. That night, I had an unusual dream. Normally I hardly remember my dreams, but this one was quite peculiar. I bumped into a pretty damsel, she was so beautiful that I could term her angelic in appearance. She said to me. “Come with me.”
Like I had an option? I followed her and we headed to a beautiful garden, in form of a court. In the middle of the garden there was a table and 2 chairs. We both sat and ate a variety of fruits. That was all I could remember, then I woke up the following morning and had to prepare for the day.

While I was cleaning the car, I realized there was a trinket on the back seat, it looked more like a tree made up of bronze or gold with a precious stone on it. I knew someone must have left it behind, but I didn’t know who. My options were either my Boss or Amanda. I was in a dilemma, I couldn’t ask my boss, because if it’s not his, then I am in trouble. I am not allowed to carry any unassigned person in the company vehicle.

I placed the trinket on the dashboard in the car hoping that when my boss sees it he would claim it, That is if it belongs to him. When I got to his place to pick him up, he sighted the trinket and said. “Jonny boy!! That stuff looks girlie, what are you doing with it?”
I just laughed, and drove straight to work, knowing fully well that the trinket didn’t belong to him.

On getting to the office premises, still in the car, my boss called my attention and as I turned to reach out to him, he counted N15,000 and handed it over to me. I then said. “Sir, what for Sir?”
He laughed and said. “Use it to by yourself lunch.”

My boss had never given me such an amount before. I just assumed he was in a good mood. I then had to go to the office to get some of my things. Then I bumped into the chairman of the company. I have never met him one on one before, I only used to see his picture frame on the walls of the building. He caught my glimpse and said. “Young man come here.”
I went towards him and said. “Good morning Sir.”
He answered. “Good morning. What a good looking man. I never knew I had such a good looking man working for me here. What position do you hold.?”
I said to him. “I am a driver Sir.”
He then said. “WHAT!!” As he took off his glasses and narrowed his eyes on me. “You mean you are a driver? Are you a graduate?”
I said to him. “Yes Sir, I am a graduate. I have a B.Sc. in Business Administration. I finished with a two one.”
He then asked. “What state are you from?”
I answered him. “Kogi state Sir.”
He said. “See me in my office in 30 minutes.”

Rita then came to me and said. “John, today might be your lucky day.” I just didn’t understand what was going on in my life. First thing, I got a N15,000 tip from my boss and next thing my chairman wants to see me…. I was beginning to feel lucky.

30 minutes later, I went to see the chairman. He said. “Have a seat John.”
I sat down with so much anxiety.

He took his time perusing some documents and after a minute he focused on me and said. “I am so sorry that you were underemployed. I had know idea about it. I really feel I should make it up to you. From your documents here, you are known for honesty and integrity. I think it’s time we put good use of your qualifications and your character for our benefit.”

I was shocked beyond expression. I then said. “Sir, I don’t get you Sir.”
He laughed and said to me. “Young man, I just feel you deserve a lot better. Would you mind if you are responsible in consolidating our sales operation in oil and gas? We had a little problem with the young man in charge and we need a replacement. Are you in?”

For a moment, it felt like a dream. But I was very aware of my environment and in tune with my senses. So I knew it was real. I then said. “Sir, I am ready to serve and I am more than willing to work with you to the best of my ability.”
He said. “That’s good, I am very glad you accepted the offer. The other guy, because he is from here, looted and when he was tired of looting he fled to the UK, that was just last week. So John, you need to prove yourself worthy for the task.”
I then said. “Sir, I will not disappoint. I give you my word. So Sir when do I begin.”
He then said. “Your work starts now. By Sunday, you should be able to move into your new quarters. It’s a 3 bedroom flat fully furnished, you just need your clothes. My driver will take you to your point of duty now and there you will be briefed further on your package.”

I didn’t know whether to prostrate or give the chairman a hand shake, I just stood up and thanked him dearly. Next thing, the driver came in and we both left. On getting to my new office, it was a duplex and my office was on the ground floor. My new subordinates came in to meet me, they looked really obese and lazy, I knew they grew fat on “chopping money” So I had to dismiss them from their duties. I fired them and made sure they were paid their salaries in full. I then hired contract staffs, to takeover from them.

End of part 1 for the concluding parts visit www.browngarri.com
Re: My Love Covenant With A Mermaid by newmuzik: 6:53pm On Sep 08, 2015
good evening
newmuzik:
smiley
Re: My Love Covenant With A Mermaid by waslek(m): 8:47am On Sep 09, 2015
Ride on plz nice story
Re: My Love Covenant With A Mermaid by newmuzik: 11:06am On Sep 13, 2015
thanx
Re: My Love Covenant With A Mermaid by newmuzik: 5:32pm On Sep 14, 2015
good evening people
newmuzik:
thanx
Re: My Love Covenant With A Mermaid by Deluxewize(m): 5:36pm On Sep 14, 2015
The story aint dere...
Re: My Love Covenant With A Mermaid by newmuzik: 5:37pm On Sep 14, 2015
Try again, it's there
Deluxewize:
The story aint dere...
Re: My Love Covenant With A Mermaid by newmuzik: 5:40pm On Sep 14, 2015
Re: My Love Covenant With A Mermaid by Deluxewize(m): 5:55am On Sep 15, 2015
Thanks
Re: My Love Covenant With A Mermaid by bukkieillcity(m): 6:33pm On Sep 15, 2015
Cool and interesting.
Re: My Love Covenant With A Mermaid by newmuzik: 9:30pm On Sep 19, 2015
thanx
bukkieillcity:
Cool and interesting.
Re: My Love Covenant With A Mermaid by newmuzik: 5:56pm On Sep 23, 2015
Love things
newmuzik:
Try again, it's there
Re: My Love Covenant With A Mermaid by newmuzik: 9:47am On Sep 24, 2015
happy holiday
newmuzik:
Love things

(1) (Reply)

I Present.... (the Travails Of A Medical Student) / Proofreading Reading Services / 10 Of The Best Proverbs From Across Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.