Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,693 members, 7,802,017 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:58 AM

Why Eugene-odo, Enugu Speaker Was Impeached - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Eugene-odo, Enugu Speaker Was Impeached (1256 Views)

Eugene Anenih Slumps And Dies Of Heart Attack (Photo) / Dino Melaye Was Impeached For Stealing TV In ABU Zaria - Sahara Reporters / Eugene-odoh, Enugu Speaker Impeached (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Eugene-odo, Enugu Speaker Was Impeached by miteolu(m): 6:11pm On May 04, 2015
Finally after series of crisis rocking the Enugu State House of Assembly. Hon. Eugene has been impeached on Monday.

The suspended speaker ordered that the governor should be served impeachment notice. The Governor was alleged to have made attempt of securing N11 billion loan, just few weeks to leave office.

However, the Governor has received N3billion out of the money without proper clearance from the house.

Out the lawmakers, only 8 members supported the governor request.

Meanwhile, the deputy speaker Hon Chime Oji has taken over along side with the Clerk of the House, Mr. Christopher Chukwurah, elected a member representing Nsukka East constituency, Hon Chinedu Nwamba, as Odo’s replacement.

Prior to the impeachment, the House had earlier suspended the former Speaker and eight other members for allegedly committing acts which, according to the members, bordered on “legislative rascality and recklessness.”

Also removed were the Leader of the House, Hon. S.K.E Ude Okoye and the Chief Whip, Hon Theresa Egbo, who were replaced with Hon. Donatus Uzoagbado and Dr. Emeka Ogbuabor respectively.

http://native9ja.com/why-eugene-odoh-enugu-speaker-was-impeached/
Re: Why Eugene-odo, Enugu Speaker Was Impeached by Nobody: 6:15pm On May 04, 2015
Season of impeachment

GMB my HERO!
AMEACHI my ROLE MODEL!!
FASHOLA my GUY!!!
Re: Why Eugene-odo, Enugu Speaker Was Impeached by doctokwus: 6:27pm On May 04, 2015
Some of this governors and soon to leave govt officials don't still believe this anti corruption stance of GMB is for real.They feel he is just blowing hot air and they would b too big for him to catch.
It would soon occur to them like a season film.

(1) (Reply)

My Take On Allegations Of Anti-pdp Activies By FFK - Cramjones / PHOTOS: Presidential State Car Being Prepared For The Inauguration Ceremony / Saraki’s Over Ambition Is Legendary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.