Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,312 members, 7,780,753 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:17 PM

Buhari's Ban On AIT: Nigerians Are Not Fools - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari's Ban On AIT: Nigerians Are Not Fools (8928 Views)

Donald Trump: ''Africans Are Lazy Fools Only Good At Lovemaking And Stealing” / Buhari, Ban ki Moon And Others At G7 Summit / Buhari Vs AIT: Nigerians Fear The Return Of Decree 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari's Ban On AIT: Nigerians Are Not Fools by trillville(m): 10:42pm On May 04, 2015
[quote author=Whynotthetruth post=33425219][/quote]
To be honest, I agree with most of what u are typing and I am not in anyway against the west. My point is simply, the west created their laws according to their culture, we as Nigerians also need to look inwards and develop our on laws and ways of doing things based on our culture.

I believe you will also agree with this point.
Re: Buhari's Ban On AIT: Nigerians Are Not Fools by Whynotthetruth(m): 10:44pm On May 04, 2015
trillville:

Just open your mind and think! I am just simply challenging notions people consider as facts when in reality there is no evidence to prove them.
I may be wrong or I may be right?
What matters most is that I am thinking.

Sure, I love your style...press can be a distraction really sometimes... but our political system in Nigeria is so open to abuse and corruption that killing the press is the best way to cover your tracks and lead a treacherous government... so Nigeria isn't ripe for such and may not ever be...check the dynamics in Nigeria such as our population, multiethnic group, multilingual, multicultural, multi religiosity, etc as against Singapore... it isn't same...Nigeria is a complex country with multiple problems and fragile cohesion...
Re: Buhari's Ban On AIT: Nigerians Are Not Fools by Nobody: 10:46pm On May 04, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

Sure, I love your style...press can be a distraction really sometimes... but our political system in Nigeria is so open to abuse and corruption that killing the press is the best way to cover your tracks and lead a treacherous government... so Nigeria isn't ripe for such and may not ever be...check the dynamics in Nigeria such as our population, multiethnic group, multilingual, multicultural, multi religiosity, etc as against Singapore... it isn't same...Nigeria is a complex country with multiple problems and fragile cohesion...

Always making sense!

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Ban On AIT: Nigerians Are Not Fools by Whynotthetruth(m): 10:50pm On May 04, 2015
trillville:

To be honest, I agree with most of what u are typing and I am not in anyway against the west. My point is simply, the west created their laws according to their culture, we as Nigerians also need to look inwards and develop our on laws and ways of doing things based on our culture.

I believe you will also agree with this point.

Sure, we can make do with some adaptation but do remember our diversity is a big challenge here...
Re: Buhari's Ban On AIT: Nigerians Are Not Fools by Jesusloveyou: 10:50pm On May 04, 2015
Balyz:
jonathan's action was alot worse as he used state power in a blatantly illegal manner in gagging the press by ordering an illegal seizure, while Buhari merely told AIT to stay clear of him. Granted that both actions may be legally wrong, but if you are an unbiased judge, who will get the stiffer penalty? Jonathan ba? I guess so too. Hence the 'lesser infringement' I talk about
it wil only be legally wrong,if is from may29, it is his unofficial activities,not when he is fully president,

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Ban On AIT: Nigerians Are Not Fools by Whynotthetruth(m): 10:53pm On May 04, 2015
ChangeisHere:

I understand u sir but forgiveness comes with repentance and genuine regret for ones actions.

How can he get over such very quickly sir? My belief is that he is not sorry for his actions at all. If it was me, I will be so sad for days.

How can he live with himself after such deceit and evil behavior?

Seun, Lalasticlala Ishilove Obinoscopy Oam4j Ngwakwe

Why have u not punished Barcanista for exposing Nairalanders personal details?

Firefire my boss, kindly quit preaching or begging these hypocrites...let him do his worst...envy, hatred and jealousy is eating him and others up...Don't mind his seeming excuse and pontifical behavior here...crying more than the bereaved...let him do his worst...

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari's Ban On AIT: Nigerians Are Not Fools by Whynotthetruth(m): 10:58pm On May 04, 2015
dearpreye:

Always making sense!

cheesy my boss, I look up to respectable, intelligent and noble citizens like you...
Re: Buhari's Ban On AIT: Nigerians Are Not Fools by trillville(m): 10:58pm On May 04, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

Singapore is not just multiethnic but also has people of different races and religion. They have no natural resources. Yet lee Kwan yew developed the land even though he destroyed press freedom. Check out China with its population size. They have almost no press freedom and yet they are the largest economy on earth today using GDP (ppp).

There is something funny most Nigerians do not realise. Culturally, most Nigerians today are very similar. Only the core northerners are a bit different but even their difference is not enough to say we are not one people. Why there is division amongst us is poverty and greed.

Even if we were all the same language, we will still divide ourselves based on complexion and the fair skin people will claim God blessed them with better skin so the crude should belong to them. It is poverty and greed.

What I am saying has happened in Africa before, just watch hotel Rwanda.

Check out this link to read on Rwanda Tutsi and Hutu.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/guide-to-the-zaire-crisis-the-difference-between-a-hutu-and-a-tutsi-1352558.html
Re: Buhari's Ban On AIT: Nigerians Are Not Fools by Jesusloveyou: 10:59pm On May 04, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

You're really pathetic bro...what's gullible about this post or envy won't allow you use your brain
if u don't see what is guiliable about this thread,that means,u and op are high on d same weed,u can as well join op to sue PMB.rubbish!

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Ban On AIT: Nigerians Are Not Fools by Whynotthetruth(m): 10:59pm On May 04, 2015
Jesusloveyou:
it wil only be legally wrong,if is from may29, it is his unofficial activities,not when he is fully president,

Receiving foreign diplomats is unofficial to you
Re: Buhari's Ban On AIT: Nigerians Are Not Fools by Whynotthetruth(m): 11:00pm On May 04, 2015
Jesusloveyou:
if u don't see what is guiliable about this thread,that means,u and op are high on d same weed,u can as well join op to sue PMB.rubbish!

gringringringrin
Re: Buhari's Ban On AIT: Nigerians Are Not Fools by Mogidi: 11:00pm On May 04, 2015
Jesusloveyou:

There's no challenging this guy for "olodo of the year award", never fails to talk through his a.z.z, jeeeeeze!!!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari's Ban On AIT: Nigerians Are Not Fools by Nobody: 11:03pm On May 04, 2015
Truckpusher:
The truth is, some of them aren't satisfied with their jobs or they themselves are so jobless hence they can relate. grin grin grin

. . . . . grin grin. . . . . .allow me to brag. . . . .I am in a position to put food on your table. . . .that is, I paid my dues long ago. . . . . .nairaland is a dump I use to weigh opinions, especially from the uninformed!!
Re: Buhari's Ban On AIT: Nigerians Are Not Fools by Truckpusher(m): 11:06pm On May 04, 2015
torkaka:

. . . . . grin grin. . . . . .allow me to brag. . . . .I am in a position to put food on your table. . . .that is, I paid my dues long ago. . . . . .nairaland is a dump I use to weigh opinions, especially from the uninformed!!
Really

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Ban On AIT: Nigerians Are Not Fools by angelsing(m): 11:17pm On May 04, 2015
Another thread on this same issue...I can see why some people believe u are an attention seeker...Continue to cry and rant everyday, it won't change the fact that the party u support now are a regional party and they will only be discuss in social studies in few years to come..Keep crying while we bath with ur tears.#team Buhari

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Ban On AIT: Nigerians Are Not Fools by Whynotthetruth(m): 11:22pm On May 04, 2015
trillville:

Singapore is not just multiethnic but also has people of different races and religion. They have no natural resources. Yet lee Kwan yew developed the land even though he destroyed press freedom. Check out China with its population size. They have almost no press freedom and yet they are the largest economy on earth today using GDP (ppp).

There is something funny most Nigerians do not realise. Culturally, most Nigerians today are very similar. Only the core northerners are a bit different but even their difference is not enough to say we are not one people. Why there is division amongst us is poverty and greed.

Even if we were all the same language, we will still divide ourselves based on complexion and the fair skin people will claim God blessed them with better skin so the crude should belong to them. It is poverty and greed.

1)Forget movies and face realities bro...movies are edited stories sometimes of realities other times of pure imagination of author...

2)Singapore has a population as Lagos with about half of this again being foreigners...Nigeria is well over 150million as against 5million in Singapore...

3)We rarely have much similarities between any ethnic group...consider Igbo/Yoruba as an example...

4)Business entrepreneur was secret of Lee kuan of Singapore which is same as Youwin of Jonathan which APC never wanted...

5)Singapore has about 5ethnic groups...Nigeria has 250...

6)Singapore has 4 languages...Nigeria has over 250...

7)Singapore had trust for themselves and confronted external aggression united...Nigeria trust no one...fears and suspects themselves and confronts and betrays themselves before any aggression eg boko haram...

coolI am not sure about this your story of lack of press freedom in Singapore with Lee kuan as prime minister...

9)Nigeria is diverse and these groups have nothing in common except that they are all humans...

10)I love your patriotism but the realities aren't same...thanks

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Ban On AIT: Nigerians Are Not Fools by Nobody: 11:28pm On May 04, 2015
Truckpusher:
Really
He's a trillionaire cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

All these e-wealthy people sha...
Re: Buhari's Ban On AIT: Nigerians Are Not Fools by Truckpusher(m): 11:30pm On May 04, 2015
barcanista:
He's a trillionaire cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

All these e-wealthy people sha...
grin grin grin
Re: Buhari's Ban On AIT: Nigerians Are Not Fools by Balyz: 11:32pm On May 04, 2015
http://www.punchng.com/news/military-sss-seize-destroy-major-nigerian-newspapers/

…We are looking for arms – Olukolade

The Defense Headquarters and the State Security Service on Friday morning seized and destroyed major Nigerian newspapers in an action reminiscent of military dictatorship in the country.

It was learnt that there were random forceful seizures of newspapers including The PUNCH, at the Murtala Mohammed International Airport, Ikeja, Lagos, while newspaper distribution vans were stopped and searched in different parts of the country.

Distributors told our correspondent that wrappers of The PUNCH were torn, damaging the cover of some copies while several copies of The Nation, Leadership and Daily Trust were confiscated.
ADVERTISEMENT

On the website of Leadership, the paper said, “Soldiers on Friday intercepted and destroyed newspaper copies meant for the North-West region at the Kaduna tollgate. The copies booked for South-South and South-East regions were also seized by the soldiers.”
According to the newspaper, the soldiers and SSS operatives were said to be acting on ‘orders from above.’

Similarly, The Nation stated that its distribution vans were stopped by soldiers who “waylaid the vans around the Area 1 Road, commanding the drivers to unload.”

“The same scenario occurred in Benin/Warri Road, Port Harcourt, Kaduna/Kano Road and Nasarawa/Jos Road,” it said.
Also reportedly seized were copies of the paper meant for the Warri and Benin axis. The copies were said to be confiscated by soldiers of the 3 Battalion of the Nigerian Army at Okwuokoko in Delta State.

When contacted, the Director of Defence Information, Maj. Gen Chris Olukolade, said in an electronic mail that troops embarked on a search of vehicles conveying newspapers and newsprint because of an intelligence report which indicated that dangerous materials were being moved through such vans.

“Troops this morning embarked on thorough search of vehicles conveying newspapers and newsprints across board.

“This followed intelligence report indicating movement of materials with grave security implications across the country using the channel of newsprint related consignments,” he said.

Olukolade said the exercise had nothing to do with the content, operations and personnel of media organisations.

“The general public and the affected media organisations in particular are assured that the exercise was a routine security action and should not be misconstrued for any other motive,” he added.

The State Security Service could not be reached for comments. Calls and a text message sent to its spokesperson, Marilyn Ogar were not responded to.
Efforts to reach the Chairman of the Newspaper Proprietors Association of Nigeria, Mr. Nduka Obaigbena, on the clampdown were unsuccessful as several calls put through to his mobile phone did not go through. A text message sent to his number was undelivered, with delivery status stating “pending.”

so much for respecting press freedom by the jonathanian regime
Re: Buhari's Ban On AIT: Nigerians Are Not Fools by Nobody: 11:33pm On May 04, 2015
Truckpusher:
grin grin grin
I wonder why people love e-bragging even when no one is dragging anything with them. Who is he even trying to impress? Did anyone beg him for food? Is he buying data for anybody? I wish people like that understand life and wealth.
Re: Buhari's Ban On AIT: Nigerians Are Not Fools by Truckpusher(m): 11:36pm On May 04, 2015
barcanista:
I wonder why people love e-bragging even when no one is dragging anything with them. Who is he even trying to impress? Did anyone beg him for food? Is he buying data for anybody? I wish people like that understand life and wealth.
Most of them are fuccking broke mofos with no substance. grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Ban On AIT: Nigerians Are Not Fools by Nobody: 11:38pm On May 04, 2015
Mogidi:

There's no challenging this guy for "olodo of the year award", never fails to talk through his a.z.z, jeeeeeze!!!
That guy own I no even understand him problem.
Re: Buhari's Ban On AIT: Nigerians Are Not Fools by Nobody: 11:40pm On May 04, 2015
Truckpusher:
Most of them are fuccking broke mofos with no substance. grin grin
ofcourse na! Anybody can declare himself billionaire online. Like Whynotthetruth said ealier "dogs that bite don't bark"
Re: Buhari's Ban On AIT: Nigerians Are Not Fools by Whynotthetruth(m): 11:42pm On May 04, 2015
trillville:

Check out this link to read on Rwanda Tutsi and Hutu.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/guide-to-the-zaire-crisis-the-difference-between-a-hutu-and-a-tutsi-1352558.html

Bro, you misunderstood the Singapore scenario and their prime minister stance on the press which he overtime changed. The summary of his stance is thus; "It was always a fine balancing act, how to professionally serve our readers without appearing to undermine policy."...The press wasn't suppressed par say but were forced to place patriotism above partisanship and profit...

http://www.straitstimes.com/news/singapore/more-singapore-stories/story/press-freedom-was-fine-balancing-act-mr-lee-kuan-yew-201
Re: Buhari's Ban On AIT: Nigerians Are Not Fools by Mogidi: 11:44pm On May 04, 2015
barcanista:
That guy own I no even understand him problem.

That guy would never miss your thread, I wonder why he loves you this much.

Hehehe, maybe na gay tins o

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Ban On AIT: Nigerians Are Not Fools by trillville(m): 11:48pm On May 04, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

Bro, you misunderstood the Singapore scenario and their prime minister stance on the press which he overtime changed. The summary of his stance is thus; "It was always a fine balancing act, how to professionally serve our readers without appearing to undermine policy."...The press wasn't suppressed par say but were forced to place patriotism above partisanship and profit...

http://www.straitstimes.com/news/singapore/more-singapore-stories/story/press-freedom-was-fine-balancing-act-mr-lee-kuan-yew-201

Buhari can make this same statement about his actions in attacking press freedoms in the eighties.
Re: Buhari's Ban On AIT: Nigerians Are Not Fools by Nobody: 11:48pm On May 04, 2015
Mogidi:

That guy would never miss your thread, I wonder why he loves you this much.

Hehehe, maybe na gay tins o
hahahah gay ke... The guy has a good moniker but him bitterness na die!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Ban On AIT: Nigerians Are Not Fools by Whynotthetruth(m): 11:51pm On May 04, 2015
Balyz:
http://www.punchng.com/news/military-sss-seize-destroy-major-nigerian-newspapers/

…We are looking for arms – Olukolade

The Defense Headquarters and the State Security Service on Friday morning seized and destroyed major Nigerian newspapers in an action reminiscent of military dictatorship in the country.

It was learnt that there were random forceful seizures of newspapers including The PUNCH, at the Murtala Mohammed International Airport, Ikeja, Lagos, while newspaper distribution vans were stopped and searched in different parts of the country.

Distributors told our correspondent that wrappers of The PUNCH were torn, damaging the cover of some copies while several copies of The Nation, Leadership and Daily Trust were confiscated.
ADVERTISEMENT

On the website of Leadership, the paper said, “Soldiers on Friday intercepted and destroyed newspaper copies meant for the North-West region at the Kaduna tollgate. The copies booked for South-South and South-East regions were also seized by the soldiers.”
According to the newspaper, the soldiers and SSS operatives were said to be acting on ‘orders from above.’

Similarly, The Nation stated that its distribution vans were stopped by soldiers who “waylaid the vans around the Area 1 Road, commanding the drivers to unload.”

“The same scenario occurred in Benin/Warri Road, Port Harcourt, Kaduna/Kano Road and Nasarawa/Jos Road,” it said.
Also reportedly seized were copies of the paper meant for the Warri and Benin axis. The copies were said to be confiscated by soldiers of the 3 Battalion of the Nigerian Army at Okwuokoko in Delta State.

When contacted, the Director of Defence Information, Maj. Gen Chris Olukolade, said in an electronic mail that troops embarked on a search of vehicles conveying newspapers and newsprint because of an intelligence report which indicated that dangerous materials were being moved through such vans.

“Troops this morning embarked on thorough search of vehicles conveying newspapers and newsprints across board.

“This followed intelligence report indicating movement of materials with grave security implications across the country using the channel of newsprint related consignments,” he said.

Olukolade said the exercise had nothing to do with the content, operations and personnel of media organisations.

“The general public and the affected media organisations in particular are assured that the exercise was a routine security action and should not be misconstrued for any other motive,” he added.

The State Security Service could not be reached for comments. Calls and a text message sent to its spokesperson, Marilyn Ogar were not responded to.
Efforts to reach the Chairman of the Newspaper Proprietors Association of Nigeria, Mr. Nduka Obaigbena, on the clampdown were unsuccessful as several calls put through to his mobile phone did not go through. A text message sent to his number was undelivered, with delivery status stating “pending.”

Even with the security cum intelligence report in the publication, you weren't deterred...smh
Re: Buhari's Ban On AIT: Nigerians Are Not Fools by Mogidi: 11:51pm On May 04, 2015
barcanista:
hahahah gay ke... The guy has a good moniker but him bitterness na die!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy

Na wa!

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Ban On AIT: Nigerians Are Not Fools by Whynotthetruth(m): 11:59pm On May 04, 2015
trillville:

Buhari can make this same statement about his actions in attacking press freedoms in the eighties.

Decree 4 was on a different platform and shunned reportage of any atrocity by government and her officials...not same with Singapore bro...he advised on patriotism than partisanship and profit...he crashed with the press at initial part of his regime but had to adjust when he saw reasons with them but he still emphasized patriotism...
Re: Buhari's Ban On AIT: Nigerians Are Not Fools by Jesusloveyou: 12:07am On May 05, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

and so,even if he receive obama,accreditation of press has to be verify for security reason,again,wil u start to count his tenure from april 1st for any action he took? he can as well ban ait from operating since his tenure has start,or heads begin to roll in nnpc right now,or why wil ur ogogoro gej have right to fire and hire,if PMB tenure has started, u can see how op,mogidi and u be mumu
Re: Buhari's Ban On AIT: Nigerians Are Not Fools by Jesusloveyou: 12:07am On May 05, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

and so,even if he receive obama,accreditation of press has to be verify for security reason,again,wil u start to count his tenure from april 1st for any action he took? he can as well ban ait from operating since his tenure has start,or heads begin to roll in nnpc right now,or why wil ur ogogoro gej have right to fire and hire,if PMB tenure has started, u can see how op,mogidi and u be mu.mu

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How Governors Spent N2trn On Police - Nigeria Governors’ Forum / Protest Nationwide Until Buhari Vacate Aso Rock. / Ortom: I Am Not Planning To Rejoin APC From PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.