Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,958 members, 7,806,772 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:21 PM

Which Job You'd Pick?High Salary, Hate Everyone Or Lower Salary, Love Everything - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Which Job You'd Pick?High Salary, Hate Everyone Or Lower Salary, Love Everything (703 Views)

What Are The Negative Effects Of Getting A High Salary? / Job Loss In Banks:why Only Lower Level Staff / Confused!!.... Which Job Should I Go For? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Job You'd Pick?High Salary, Hate Everyone Or Lower Salary, Love Everything by AAinEqGuinea: 7:00pm On May 04, 2015
I'm stuck in the former scenario, but thinking about quitting undecided

In short, the visionary who convinced me to take the job has since been laid-off (not fired)... The department has gone downhill since then in direction and attitudes.

Senior software engineer who has to put out fires , debugging for former developers no longer with company. Not happy, but paid enough
Re: Which Job You'd Pick?High Salary, Hate Everyone Or Lower Salary, Love Everything by kennynelcon(m): 7:46pm On May 04, 2015
cool The pay.
Money pas them.
Re: Which Job You'd Pick?High Salary, Hate Everyone Or Lower Salary, Love Everything by CrazyMan(m): 2:05pm On May 05, 2015
I wouldn't advise you to quit your job until you've gotten a much better job that both the pay and environment would make you happy. You should know that quitting a job without having any back-up job or any form of business to keep body and soul together isn't a path you should tread upon.

Secondly, you said you're handsomely paid. I would advise you to save as much as you can. Try to live an economical life, and use whatever you've saved to start up a back-up business should in case things go south in your current place of work.

If I were in your shoes, that's what I'd do.

Good luck.

1 Like

Re: Which Job You'd Pick?High Salary, Hate Everyone Or Lower Salary, Love Everything by AAinEqGuinea: 10:22pm On May 05, 2015
CrazyMan:
I wouldn't advise you to quit your job until you've gotten a much better job that both the pay and environment would make you happy. You should know that quitting a job without having any back-up job or any form of business to keep body and soul together isn't a path you should tread upon.

Secondly, you said you're handsomely paid. I would advise you to save as much as you can. Try to live an economical life, and use whatever you've saved to start up a back-up business should in case things go south in your current place of work.

If I were in your shoes, that's what I'd do.

Good luck.

Thank, we'll see how long this job lasts. I like what I do, hate the people hindering the departments progress.
Re: Which Job You'd Pick?High Salary, Hate Everyone Or Lower Salary, Love Everything by japhmanuel: 6:17am On May 06, 2015
High pay na
Re: Which Job You'd Pick?High Salary, Hate Everyone Or Lower Salary, Love Everything by mikeczay: 10:48pm On May 06, 2015

(1) (Reply)

Having Two Interview Stated For The Same Day And Time / 6 Horrible Excuses For Not Chasing Your Entrepreneurial Dreams. / I Know I Can Be Like Seun Osewa, Makinde Azeez And Linda Ikeji

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.