Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,182 members, 7,807,588 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:51 PM

A Poem That You Must Read.. - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / A Poem That You Must Read.. (422 Views)

A Short Poem That Encapsulates The Situation In Nigeria / Theatre Of Suspense (a Poem That Reflects The Current State Of Nigeria) / Poem That Blows Your Mind (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Poem That You Must Read.. by mhk043(m): 11:01pm On May 04, 2015
A poem from Wheeler Wilcox...

There are two kinds of people on earth today;
Just two kinds of people, no more, I say.
Not the sinner and saint, for it's well understood, That the good are half-bad and the bad hald-good.
Not the rich and the poor, for to rate a man's wealth, You must know the state of his conscience and health.
Not the humble and the proud, for in life's liltle span, Who puts on vain airs, is not counted a man.
Not the happy and sad, for the swift flying years
Bring each man his laughter and each man his tears.
No; the two kind of people on earth I mean, Are the people who lift, and people who lean.
Wherever you go, you will find the earth masses, are always divided in just these two classes.
And oddly enough, you will find too, I ween, there's only one lifter to twenty who lean..

(1) (Reply)

I Remember That / Cry Of A Needy Pilgrim / Readers In Abeokuta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.