Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,828 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:44 AM

Ekiti Crisis: Fayose Sacks Perm Sec - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ekiti Crisis: Fayose Sacks Perm Sec (15309 Views)

Fayose Sacks Ropo Ogunjobi, Arrests Two Others Over Fraud / Buhari Has No Hand In Impeachment Crisis – Fayose / Ekiti Crisis: APC Lawmakers Gives Terms For Truce (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ekiti Crisis: Fayose Sacks Perm Sec by lolaxavier(m): 7:37am On May 05, 2015
A Permanent Secretary in the Ekiti State Civil Service, Mr. Tunde Alokan, has been sacked by Governor Ayodele Fayose, it was learnt on Monday.

Alokan until his removal was the Permanent Secretary in charge of the Office of Establishment.

A source said Alokan was relieved of his job because of his closeness to a former state governor, Dr. Kayode Fayemi.

It was learnt that Fayemi attended the burial of Alokan’s late father held in Efon Alaaye in February which the source said did not go down well with the powers that be in the state.

But Fayose, while confirming the dismissal of Alokan on Monday night, said it had nothing to do with Fayemi attending his late father’s burial ceremony.

The governor, who reacted through his Chief Press Secretary, Mr. Idowu Adelusi, said, “The governor has the power to hire and fire. The position of a permanent secretary is political and is at the discretion of the governor; enough of this blackmail.

“Fayemi also sacked some permanent secretaries while in office, so what has happened is not new. The governor is not aware that Dr. Fayemi attended Alokan’s late father’s burial, so attributing his sack to that is cheap blackmail.”

Fayemi appointed Alokan as permanent secretary in January 2012.

Another Government House source explained that Alokan’s elder brother, Tokunbo, who is a Director on Grade Level 16 “is also on his way out of the civil service.”

His predicament was also linked to Fayemi’s appearance at their late father’s burial.

A source said, “After the burial, the following week, his elder brother who is also a civil servant was asked to report at the Office of Establishment.

“A panel was set up to investigate Mr. Tokunbo with the younger brother (Mr. Tunde) mandated to chair the panel an offer which he turned down.

“Although the two of them were to be sacked the same day, that of the elder brother was put on hold to pave the way for his investigation and interrogation by the panel.

“Since his younger brother turned down the offer to chair a panel raised to try Mr. Tokunbo, another person will be appointed to perform the task and your guess is as good as mine on the result that would come out of the panel.”

http://www.punchng.com/news/ekiti-crisis-fayose-sacks-perm-sec/

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Ekiti Crisis: Fayose Sacks Perm Sec by Nobody: 7:38am On May 05, 2015
I love transformation
I hate "change"
Quote me to blast me and ya will never make it in life
Fayose remains a role model for all nigerian youths

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ekiti Crisis: Fayose Sacks Perm Sec by Uthman2senior: 7:46am On May 05, 2015
To you and not all nigerian youth,A supporter of failure can never be my role model

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekiti Crisis: Fayose Sacks Perm Sec by chymystique(f): 7:49am On May 05, 2015
[size=13pt]Another political witCh hunt. when will it end in Nigeria? Almost everything now is based on politics, sentiments and self interests.... How is Fayose sure that it was tunde that invited the ex-gov¿[/size]

12 Likes

Re: Ekiti Crisis: Fayose Sacks Perm Sec by kingabdull: 7:51am On May 05, 2015
Kilonshe boboyi? Well law of cama...... make una help me complete am

Change has come

Sai Baba

Many likes pls

10 Likes

Re: Ekiti Crisis: Fayose Sacks Perm Sec by Nobody: 7:53am On May 05, 2015
Any cheap propaganda and blackmail just to tarnish the reputation of the people's governor.

Na today sack start??

8 Likes

Re: Ekiti Crisis: Fayose Sacks Perm Sec by lolaxavier(m): 8:00am On May 05, 2015
All these political stunts does not change the fact that Fayose is a tout and needs to ne put where he truly belongs...

5 Likes

Re: Ekiti Crisis: Fayose Sacks Perm Sec by psucc(m): 8:15am On May 05, 2015
The new political trend in Nigeria is the greatest undoing for this country.

That a man was appointed Permanent Secretary since 2012 and relieved in 2015 is hyped to be witch hunting is very childish especially so due to the fact that the man was appointed by previous administration.

Na him alone go chop?

8 Likes

Re: Ekiti Crisis: Fayose Sacks Perm Sec by lolaxavier(m): 9:20am On May 05, 2015
psucc:
The new political trend in Nigeria is the greatest undoing for this country.

That a man was appointed Permanent Secretary since 2012 and relieved in 2015 is hyped to be witch hunting is very childish especially so due to the fact that the man was appointed by previous administration.

Na him alone go chop?

Hian...as if it is not clear to see what happened....And he is the only person to have worked since 2012 in public office abi?

7 Likes

Re: Ekiti Crisis: Fayose Sacks Perm Sec by supersonic(m): 9:52am On May 05, 2015
Imagine a brother heading a panel to investigate his brother, is that bureaucracy? This Fayose to me doesn't seem to understand what governance is.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekiti Crisis: Fayose Sacks Perm Sec by Meiji(m): 10:19am On May 05, 2015
If the governor denies that the erstwhile aide was sacked for the reasons claimed by the paper, why not come clean and state the real reason to dispel all doubt?

7 Likes

Re: Ekiti Crisis: Fayose Sacks Perm Sec by dotcomnamename: 10:35am On May 05, 2015
Hmm
Re: Ekiti Crisis: Fayose Sacks Perm Sec by Nobody: 10:35am On May 05, 2015
fayose sack everything sackable if necessary

fayose must stay

4 Likes

Re: Ekiti Crisis: Fayose Sacks Perm Sec by holatin(m): 10:35am On May 05, 2015
him and GEJ just dey sack left,right and center.

they can't even do something good before there ejection out of office

3 Likes

Re: Ekiti Crisis: Fayose Sacks Perm Sec by ahmed486: 10:35am On May 05, 2015
[size=18pt]SUMMARIZED[/size] BY THESUMMARY
Governor Ayodele Fayose of Ekiti State has sacked Mr. Tunde Alokan, a Permanent Secretary in charge of the Office of the Establishment. A source said, Alokan was shown the way out of his job because the former governor of the state, Dr. Kayode Fayemi, attended the burial of Alokan’s late father in February.

But the governor, confirming the dismissal through his Chief Press Secretary, Mr. Idowu Adelusi, said Alokan's dismissal had nothing to do with Fayemi attending his late father's burial as the governor has the power to hire and fire. Another source in the Government House said, Alokan’s elder brother, Tokunbo, a Director on Grade Level 16 "is also on his way out of the civil service.” The source said, the two of them were to be dismissed the same day, that of the elder brother was however suspended.

1 Like

Re: Ekiti Crisis: Fayose Sacks Perm Sec by joystickextendr: 10:36am On May 05, 2015
hmmm
Re: Ekiti Crisis: Fayose Sacks Perm Sec by temmi20: 10:37am On May 05, 2015
technocrat03:

Get free tutorials on how to browse the internet for free, make money online, watch DSTV for free, send unlimited free sms, make free daytime call etc

log on to w w w . free b i e s w a l l e t . b l o g s p o t . c o m

Ah
Re: Ekiti Crisis: Fayose Sacks Perm Sec by kekeerin: 10:37am On May 05, 2015
my man
Re: Ekiti Crisis: Fayose Sacks Perm Sec by Darejyde(m): 10:38am On May 05, 2015
chymystique:
[size=13pt]Another political witCh hunt. when will it end in Nigeria? Almost everything now is based on politics, sentiments and self interests.... How is Fayose sure that it was tunde that invited the ex-gov¿[/size]

Wait until Buhari takes over you would see witch, wizard, ogboni, olumba olumba, water spirit, spirit husband and so on hunting. this one na play angry

2 Likes

Re: Ekiti Crisis: Fayose Sacks Perm Sec by free2ryhme: 10:38am On May 05, 2015
Common sense which is not so common suggests that if you have to sack someone, a tangible reason must be made known as to that effect. He could as well tell him to resign than sack him. I smell a rat, Fayose is just been retarded and immature.
Re: Ekiti Crisis: Fayose Sacks Perm Sec by Aregs(m): 10:39am On May 05, 2015
Na today?
Re: Ekiti Crisis: Fayose Sacks Perm Sec by jeeqaa7(m): 10:39am On May 05, 2015
Y
Re: Ekiti Crisis: Fayose Sacks Perm Sec by Bioboy1213(m): 10:40am On May 05, 2015
Let me book the space first.......before knowing why he sack him.
Re: Ekiti Crisis: Fayose Sacks Perm Sec by massinola(m): 10:40am On May 05, 2015
ooh
Re: Ekiti Crisis: Fayose Sacks Perm Sec by 83lagosroad(m): 10:41am On May 05, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
I love transformation
I hate "change"
Quote me to blast me and ya will never make it in life
Fayose remains a role model for all nigerian youths

The position is political so I don't see anything wrong in what fayose did

2 Likes

Re: Ekiti Crisis: Fayose Sacks Perm Sec by alaoeri: 10:41am On May 05, 2015
Fayose should ride on with his gragra, his tenure will soon be over within a twinkling of an eye besides he should ask PEJ say how market? undecided

1 Like

Re: Ekiti Crisis: Fayose Sacks Perm Sec by okooloyun1(m): 10:42am On May 05, 2015
Re: Ekiti Crisis: Fayose Sacks Perm Sec by vanilson(m): 10:43am On May 05, 2015
Fayose and his kangaroo administration will be greatly remembered for gross administrative recklessness

2 Likes

Re: Ekiti Crisis: Fayose Sacks Perm Sec by Nobody: 10:48am On May 05, 2015
Hello here.
I need just five people to tutor and mentor on how they can turn a one time investment of N4,000 to a lifetime earning point working online/offline with a company.

Pls just serious minded people should call/inbox me on whatsapp +2347062254195, it's not mandatory.
Re: Ekiti Crisis: Fayose Sacks Perm Sec by Hadeyemy: 10:49am On May 05, 2015
Where is temitemi1..... I don book this space for u. "fayose your road model"

The person below me would say more better

1 Like

Re: Ekiti Crisis: Fayose Sacks Perm Sec by siraj1402(m): 10:50am On May 05, 2015
I know before this thread ends,one "were" must hate change and love transformation. Whomever hate change will never change for better and whomever never mind the form of transformation might transformed from good to bad.How can a nuisance tell me Fayose remains a role model to all Nigerian youths?I'm a youth and tout can never be my role model.Ole o n mo ese ole to.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Customs Made N1.2Billion From Seized Goods In Lagos / FG Raises Panel To Probe Fanta, Sprite Content / Nigeria Doesn't Need A Ghost President- Reno Omokri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.