Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,842 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:54 AM

40 Old Photos That Will Show You How Times Have Changed In Nigeria! - Culture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / 40 Old Photos That Will Show You How Times Have Changed In Nigeria! (56607 Views)

15 Ways The World Has Changed In 100 Years / Koko That Ate 40 British Men As Nembe King [PICS] / Princess Adeola Ogunwusi: “How My Father Becoming Ooni Has Changed My Life” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 40 Old Photos That Will Show You How Times Have Changed In Nigeria! by sltn(m): 3:36pm On May 07, 2015
Jeffy1206:
Those were the days men. I just love the old skul kiss
hmmm really kiss
Re: 40 Old Photos That Will Show You How Times Have Changed In Nigeria! by letsbet(m): 3:38pm On May 07, 2015
caprini1:
I disagree bro....in Ibadan,you will see more colors,but in cotonou almost everything is grey... Sotey you will think you are color blind,until you see a bank building or hotel.
hahaha grin kai bros u toh funny, the banks and hotel part got me cracking up. But their tokumbo cars still get diffrent colors sha? lol

2 Likes

Re: 40 Old Photos That Will Show You How Times Have Changed In Nigeria! by babadem2much(m): 3:45pm On May 07, 2015
[color=#006600][/color]if we come together in unity 9ja will be greater than now

God bless Nigeria

1 Like

Re: 40 Old Photos That Will Show You How Times Have Changed In Nigeria! by 1stola: 3:47pm On May 07, 2015
MKO4ever:
Fulanis dey enjoy oo
Firm titz abi wink wink wink
Re: 40 Old Photos That Will Show You How Times Have Changed In Nigeria! by caprini1: 3:48pm On May 07, 2015
letsbet:
hahaha grin kai bros u toh funny, the banks and hotel part got me cracking up. But their tokumbo cars still get diffrent colors sha? lol
No wahala .....go dia first! Do u know cars called 504,404,citroen? They r still very active over there.

1 Like

Re: 40 Old Photos That Will Show You How Times Have Changed In Nigeria! by bogolobango(m): 3:50pm On May 07, 2015
Where lagoon people dey wey dey carry bullet for head u guys can see clearly that southwest was nt deveolped by east u people should pls have a life to live and stop claiming another mans land is no mans land

Quote me wrong make ogun punish u
Re: 40 Old Photos That Will Show You How Times Have Changed In Nigeria! by Charlesdock(m): 3:51pm On May 07, 2015
Nice one coolNice one
Re: 40 Old Photos That Will Show You How Times Have Changed In Nigeria! by isan(m): 3:53pm On May 07, 2015
Prodigysam:
eurobomber:
Fellow Nigerians, I have taken time to study recent happenings in our nation before and after the elections and I have come to conclude that there is a grand plan to start some kind of war in Nigeria. Some people thought that the last presidential election was going to be the last straw to break the camel's back but are still in shock that the presidential election has been conducted and Nigeria is still at peace even with the incumbent losing the election.
Discerning minds can see that a pattern has been set to overheat the system especially by generating so much hatred and tension between the Igbo and the Yoruba. The rate at which it is going it is looking like one week one trouble. The pattern is that there is usually a provocative comment (alleged or true) made by a prominent Yoruba and somehow this is fed to the public and when the get to know of such comments, they become overwhelmed with anger.
Just check:
Before all these started, recall that a Twitter account was identified where a young man was calling for the killing of all the Igbos. Now I believe that the picture shown on that twitter account might even be that of someone that died many years ago. That twitter account was most likely created by the wicked forces outside Nigeria that intend to spark of a bloody ethnic conflict in Nigeria.
1. The case of the Yoruba Oba of Lagos-HRH Oba Akiolu where the Igbos were threatened with death in the Lagos lagoon.
2. The case of the Yoruba cardiologist in the US where a call for genocide against the Igbo was seen on his facebook page. (He says his account was hacked)
3. Most recently the case of the Yoruba Nobel Laureate-Prof Wole Soyinka released by the Cables revealing some provocative comments about the Igbo.
I want every intelligent mind to observe this, in the case of Dr Ariyo, he said his account was hacked and I am inclined to believe that this is true. The people behind this agenda to set Nigeria on fire are most likely the same people that used his facebook account to post such hate words against the Igbo. These are the same people that opened that twitter account I mentioned earlier where a call to kill all Igbos was made.
Look at the case of Prof Wole Soyinka too, how can an organisation like the Cable release such hate speech and tagging it to this man if not that some powerful forces were behind such. It is this same group of people that want Nigerians to start killing one another that used the Cables site to release that speech. Wole Soyinka himself has denied ever making such comments.
My Igbo and Yoruba brothers, please wake up and see that there are powerful forces pulling the strings underground to cause hatred between us and the agenda is to take it to a level where it will be too much to bear and violence would be the only solution. The forces behind this ultimately want a massive show of bloodshed in Nigeria starting with the Igbo vs Yoruba. Some people initially thought that the boko haram problem up north would start a religious war in Nigeria especially when churches were been blown to pieces every week but that failed. They later on resorted to attacking Muslims in the north even in their mosques to see if that would anger the muslims enough to start a massive campaign of violence against Christians but that also failed.
Let us all be wise and open our eyes, these forces plotting to plunge Nigeria into war are likely operating outside Nigeria. The boko haram option in Northern Nigeria failed to start the needed Christian vs Muslim war and boko haram is gradually winding down activities. Let us continue to pray for this nation and keep our emotions in check so that we do not witness a sort of bloodshed in this country that would be second to none in history. These evil forces have now shifted their attention to the Southern part of Nigeria and intend to start a campaign of massive bloodshed by starting a violent Igbo vs Yoruba conflict. We are too big to start a bloody confrontation against ourselves in this country, where do we run to for refuge? The numbers in Lagos alone can overwhelm Cotonou and even Ghana/Togo with a massive influx of refugees. How much refugees can flee through Bakassi? How much refugees can flee from the North into Niger Republic & Chad? Just with the boko haram problem Niger is already complaining and sending backing Northern Nigerian refugees.
This is the only county we have and we must do all we can to protect this country and ensure progress & development.
This message is especially for all the Igbos & Yorubas whose hearts have now been darkened and filled with so much anger and hate waiting to manifest. Let us put the evil ones to shame and ensure that their dream of an Igbo-Yoruba war does not come to pass!
GOD BLESS NIGERIA!
western education is what is saving yoruba and igbo from going to war right now
Re: 40 Old Photos That Will Show You How Times Have Changed In Nigeria! by Plus234(m): 3:53pm On May 07, 2015
Icon4s:
9. Hair braiding in Nigeria. 1960

can this be in 1960 ? more like 80s
Re: 40 Old Photos That Will Show You How Times Have Changed In Nigeria! by championeh(m): 3:58pm On May 07, 2015
That kind brand and spec of enjoyment has gone into extinction
MKO4ever:
Fulanis dey enjoy oo
Re: 40 Old Photos That Will Show You How Times Have Changed In Nigeria! by vexing(m): 4:02pm On May 07, 2015
Icon4s:
20. Carter bridge street scene, Lagos Island (1950s)

Did anybody noticed that the ocean was still blue by then? But now the water have turned blackish.
Re: 40 Old Photos That Will Show You How Times Have Changed In Nigeria! by Odkboy23(m): 4:02pm On May 07, 2015
Icon4s:
19. CKC (Christ the king College), Onitsha. Central buildings, (1961)
that's my alma mater
primus inter pares
Re: 40 Old Photos That Will Show You How Times Have Changed In Nigeria! by isan(m): 4:08pm On May 07, 2015
Tribal bigots are already feasting on dis good thread

1 Like

Re: 40 Old Photos That Will Show You How Times Have Changed In Nigeria! by babilicious: 4:11pm On May 07, 2015
bishop4APC:

This is better lagos with no miscreants from the east.

No 13 pic reminds of my mother in her youth days. Choi ladies of nowdays had successfully traded their pride for money.
and you can't write/post your comments without mentioning Igbos (east) abi? As you dey there dey hate us...We dey busy dey hustle for our money dey count our pounds and dollars....dey use your seaport (Lagos) dey bring in our containers...dey leave fabulous (we no dey even see una yoruba haters # Ghostmode activated # if u ain't talking Dollars and pounds then u ain't talking at all #proudly igbo# )
Re: 40 Old Photos That Will Show You How Times Have Changed In Nigeria! by otiigba1(m): 4:17pm On May 07, 2015
good ald days,before naija women began to wear trousers and tights shocked
Re: 40 Old Photos That Will Show You How Times Have Changed In Nigeria! by john4aguero: 4:18pm On May 07, 2015
Anaskie:

How come all the pictures here are from the Western and Northern regions?

So cities like Port-Harcourt, Enugu, Calabar, Warri, Benin etc weren't in existence then?

Silly op!

No mind OP. He doesn't understand Nigeria.
Re: 40 Old Photos That Will Show You How Times Have Changed In Nigeria! by john4aguero: 4:20pm On May 07, 2015
Sunshinelady:
. My thoughts exactly

No mind the OP jare. Shebi na only Lag & North be Nigeria. undecided

1 Like

Re: 40 Old Photos That Will Show You How Times Have Changed In Nigeria! by babilicious: 4:22pm On May 07, 2015
BuddhaPalm:
I wish say Oyibo colonize us reach 2005...
exactly....the northerners and their uncivilised, unpalatable and archaic military leaders since independence (e.g abacha, gowon, babaginda , e.t.c) finished this country and sent us back to the year 15BC
Re: 40 Old Photos That Will Show You How Times Have Changed In Nigeria! by swisschris(m): 4:28pm On May 07, 2015
bogolobango:
Where lagoon people dey wey dey carry bullet for head u guys can see clearly that southwest was nt deveolped by east u people should pls have a life to live and stop claiming another mans land is no mans land

Quote me wrong make ogun punish u

Shame no dey catch u, stewpid MBESIDE!!!! Na de same madness the kill S.A ppl u Hol am mek en kill u too,I wish in ur life u ll grow balls nd feel the wrath of an igbo man on u,olodo ndigbo are always successful worldwide,go nd die with ur cowardly tribe, I know ur landlord is igbo too
Re: 40 Old Photos That Will Show You How Times Have Changed In Nigeria! by Sylverbox(m): 4:44pm On May 07, 2015
Chief Festus Sam Okotie Eboh! Jagaban of ages past!!!!
Re: 40 Old Photos That Will Show You How Times Have Changed In Nigeria! by osas88(f): 4:50pm On May 07, 2015
Times have really changed
Re: 40 Old Photos That Will Show You How Times Have Changed In Nigeria! by Nobody: 4:52pm On May 07, 2015
Icon4s:
11. Old Carter bridge Lagos
no hold up cheesy
Re: 40 Old Photos That Will Show You How Times Have Changed In Nigeria! by driand(m): 5:02pm On May 07, 2015
bishop4APC:

This is better lagos with no miscreants from the east

No 13 pic reminds of my mother in her youth days. Choi ladies of nowdays had successfully traded their pride for money.
you are very stupi.d for the bolded, do you know how much the Lagos state government makes from taxation on the people from the east? one does not spit into the plate he/she eats from.

1 Like

Re: 40 Old Photos That Will Show You How Times Have Changed In Nigeria! by Chigold101(m): 5:11pm On May 07, 2015
Icon4s:
6. Fulani Milkmaids (1960s-1970s)

this picture was not taken in 60s or 70s... it is a recent picture

Re: 40 Old Photos That Will Show You How Times Have Changed In Nigeria! by bogolobango(m): 5:28pm On May 07, 2015
@swisschris i ll leave for ogun nd i have my house ode oshi i was just trying to figure somethings u guys dont know that u are lagos developer lagos has been there b4 u lagoon people came here and when u leave, lagos will always be there so go to 3 mainland bridge where u belong
Re: 40 Old Photos That Will Show You How Times Have Changed In Nigeria! by kuntash: 5:31pm On May 07, 2015
BuddhaPalm:

Might sound unpatriotic, but I had thought about this so many yrs now..

Somehow, it appeared we were so much in a hurry to be independent ...

The masses seem to be ok then, probably those that were close to the colonial masters took SOME decisions selfishly ...

too late now though!
Re: 40 Old Photos That Will Show You How Times Have Changed In Nigeria! by spongeisback: 5:38pm On May 07, 2015
Chigold101:

this picture was not taken in 60s or 70s... it is a recent picture
Seriously Why did you decide to fall your hands.This girls are on the 10 naira note. OP is right.
Re: 40 Old Photos That Will Show You How Times Have Changed In Nigeria! by UfuosLaLa: 5:39pm On May 07, 2015
bishop4APC:

This is better lagos with no miscreants from the east.

Bros u nor wise at all o. U seem not to know that Lagos have been home to many people across many regions in Nigeria, especially from the east for a very long time. Talking about miscreants, is it the so called eastearners that dominate the Agbero, Area boys and Omo Oni Ile institutions(The true Miscreant institutions) presently in Lagos? Bloody tribalist and hypocrite... Mtcheww.
Re: 40 Old Photos That Will Show You How Times Have Changed In Nigeria! by Usman212s: 5:49pm On May 07, 2015
Icon4s:
8. Igbo soldier during the Nigerian Civil War, (November, 1968)
greedy people
Re: 40 Old Photos That Will Show You How Times Have Changed In Nigeria! by Usman212s: 5:49pm On May 07, 2015
Icon4s:
8. Igbo soldier during the Nigerian Civil War, (November, 1968)
greedy people right from day one..
Re: 40 Old Photos That Will Show You How Times Have Changed In Nigeria! by armadeo(m): 6:07pm On May 07, 2015
Icon4s:
21. Asaba-Onitsha ferry crossing (1959)

That's the ferry that Chike entered.

Click like if you get it.

1 Like

Re: 40 Old Photos That Will Show You How Times Have Changed In Nigeria! by Volksfuhrer(m): 6:09pm On May 07, 2015
BuddhaPalm:

Hehehehehehehehe...grin

Simply put, we were not ready for independence. You only need to listen to the tribal rants and vacuous speeches of those 'independence' politicians who paraded themselves as 'nationalists' to realise we were in very bad hands!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Oba Of Benin Arrives Abuja In Style To Meet With Prince Charles. Photos / Photo Of Senior Yoruba Obas In 1937 / Emir Sanusi Drives Vintage Car To Dubar; Same As His Grand-father's In 1956

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.