Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,776 members, 7,798,588 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 06:44 AM

The Best Mourinho Quotes Of Chelsea's Season - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The Best Mourinho Quotes Of Chelsea's Season (864 Views)

He’s Back : 7 Typical Mourinho Quotes From His 1st Press Conference / Special One: Top 20 Jose Mourinho's Quotes / Mourinho Doing What He Knows Best: Mourinho Name Chelsea Flop & Shame Them.goal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Best Mourinho Quotes Of Chelsea's Season by kemioo77(f): 5:46pm On May 05, 2015
The best quotes of the past season from Jose Mourinho manager of new English Premier League champions Chelsea:

Chelsea fans

"At this moment it's difficult to play at home because playing here is like playing in an empty stadium. When we scored was when I realised, 'Woah, the stadium is full. Good.'"

Criticising Chelsea's supporters for the lack of atmosphere during a 2-1 home win over Queens Park Rangers in November

Pressure on referees

"That's a campaign, that's a clear campaign. People, pundits, commentators, coaches from other teams, they react with Chelsea in a way they don't react to other teams. They put lots of pressure on the referee and the referee makes a mistake like this. We lose two points, Fabregas earns a yellow card. In other countries where I worked before, tomorrow in the sports papers it would be a front-page scandal. Because it is a scandal."

Mourinho hits out after Cesc Fabregas was booked for diving during a 1-1 draw at Southampton in December, for which he was fined £25,000 ($38,310, 34,900 euros) by the Football Association

52-year-old kid

"For me, it's very important to feel that I'm a kid. Before the game I had the same feelings as my first final, I don't know how many years ago. It's important for me to feel the same happiness after the victory. It's important for me to feel that I am a kid at 52 years old."

After Chelsea beat Tottenham Hotspur 2-0 in the League Cup final, ending Mourinho's 914-day wait for silverware -- the longest of his career

The price for Hazard

"Plus one of their three best players. £100 million for each leg, because he's very young."

In response to a question about whether £100 million would be enough for Real Madrid to sign their reported transfer target Eden Hazard

Arsenal rivalry

"Boring I think is 10 years without a title. That's very boring. You support the club and you're waiting, waiting, waiting for so many years without a Premier League title, so that's very boring."

Responding to chants of 'Boring, boring Chelsea!' during a 0-0 draw at Arsenal -- who last won the league in 2004 -- in April

Keeping the ball

"I ask myself if in the future, when I am a granddad and I am at home with my grandsons, and maybe the future of football is a beautiful green grass carpet without goals. And in that beautiful grass pitch the team with more ball possession wins the game. Because everybody says, 'Oh, my team plays fantastically well, we had great ball possession.' Good. 'Oh, we build very well.' Good. It looks like the goals are not there ... Football started a few centuries ago and the objective was one, but now it looks like the objective is another one. For me, I am very simple in my analysis. Football is about putting the ball in the net of your opponent and stopping your opponent."

On the modern obsession with possession

thw/tw

Courtesy of ScoreMobile FC (http://m.thescore.com/scoremobile)
Re: The Best Mourinho Quotes Of Chelsea's Season by kingabdull: 5:48pm On May 05, 2015
waiting for the day this JM will have sense

Change has come................
Re: The Best Mourinho Quotes Of Chelsea's Season by Nobody: 5:56pm On May 05, 2015
kingabdull:
waiting for the day this JM will have sense

Change has come................
he better not have and keep winning cups. Those with sense are struggling behind him.

3 Likes

Re: The Best Mourinho Quotes Of Chelsea's Season by ammyluv2002(f): 5:56pm On May 05, 2015
Oh! The Noisy Special one grin grin grin
Re: The Best Mourinho Quotes Of Chelsea's Season by kingabdull: 6:07pm On May 05, 2015
afolag:

he better not have and keep winning cups. Those with sense are struggling behind him.

you are funny.........lol
Re: The Best Mourinho Quotes Of Chelsea's Season by ElDeeVee(m): 6:15pm On May 05, 2015
ammyluv2002:
Oh! The Noisy Special one grin grin grin
Hei pweery, u shouldn't call d special one noisy cos he's now d happy one
Re: The Best Mourinho Quotes Of Chelsea's Season by ammyluv2002(f): 6:17pm On May 05, 2015
ElDeeVee:

Hei pweery, u shouldn't call d special one noisy cos he's now d happy one
Hmmm! I see grin cheesy
Re: The Best Mourinho Quotes Of Chelsea's Season by ElDeeVee(m): 6:49pm On May 05, 2015
ammyluv2002:
Hmmm! I see grin cheesy
Yea good

(1) (Reply)

Iheanacho Set For Man City Debut On Sunday / Check Out Steven Gerard’s $18million Mansion In LA [photos] / Prime Time Ali Vs Prime Time Mike Tyson

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.