Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,896 members, 7,802,881 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:26 AM

FG Govt Borrows N473bn To Pay Salaries And Overheads. - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Govt Borrows N473bn To Pay Salaries And Overheads. (27492 Views)

Lawmakers Aides Protest Non-payment Of Salaries And Allowances In Abuja (photos) / FG, States Budget N5.6tr For Salaries, Overheads / Abia State Government Special Announcement On Salaries And Pensions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Govt Borrows N473bn To Pay Salaries And Overheads. by Nobody: 9:01am On May 06, 2015
mbulela:

A million youth are waiting for you to take the lead.

As usual, I expected that line. I've led many peaceful protests back in my higher Institution days. And I perfectly understand how timid the average Nigeria is!
Re: FG Govt Borrows N473bn To Pay Salaries And Overheads. by Nobody: 9:04am On May 06, 2015
mbulela:

I used to support this argument until it dawned on me how unaccountable our state governors are.
Even the little they get is squandered without any form of accountability. I am very sure a corrupt president will envy state governors. They just collect monthly allocations and are not accountable for how they spend it. The state assemblies are utter rubber stamps.
I struggle to understand how a Governor will collect allocation and not pay salaries and pensions. Even of it was the only thing you do.
Please don't entrust mote to their hands in the name of federalism.
Imagine TA orji and suswan managing revenue from source?
Even the vaunted Amaechi has not paid salaries to most workers since February and pensioners since December.
Bros, forget this argument. It doesn'thold water
Re: FG Govt Borrows N473bn To Pay Salaries And Overheads. by Tshaphilo: 9:05am On May 06, 2015
These last administrators should nt be allowed to leave the country o. They. should b placed under house arrest to explain wot really happened with all the revenues they collected they should n made to give an account. Coz if the revenues collected been pumped back into the states we wont b in this state.
Re: FG Govt Borrows N473bn To Pay Salaries And Overheads. by anonimi: 9:08am On May 06, 2015
mbulela:
Share and spend is not the biggest problem.
The Koko of the matter is that the spend is neither productive nor development driven. You share money to governors who end up not paying salaries nor any developmental projects.

Actually when I used the word -spend- I also meant for nothing productive. Nothing that creates value.
Re: FG Govt Borrows N473bn To Pay Salaries And Overheads. by princejayboss: 9:11am On May 06, 2015
barcanista:
Brilliant!

I keep saying this.... I really love my country but I wish the youths can understand that these old men have nothing to offer..... If you go down this thread you will find out that many people blame government for everything ...

Our problem is that the central government has alot in her shoulders... Yet some useless states takes home more allocation than useful states based on land mass and disregard to family planning.

It's easy to be a good footballer from the screen of your TV set but when the real game comes up one will understand he/her is a faker..... GEJ was slow but has vision though many factors contributing to that .... BH, God fathers, cabals and the West.... But I bet every Nigerian that GMB will be more confused than GEJ ... Remember talk are cheap.

In the western world GMB will fail at the polls with ridiculous promises he made ... I read here some people keep saying he will give steady electricity and I laugh so big .... Am not really an anti buhari but fact is that Nigeria can not have more than 50% steady light at least not in the next 12years which GMB can not change ....

Every oil producing nation is at hot seat now ... The world is so broke ... Even Europe are facing crisis... Nigeria of all that has Lost 50% of her capital income due to fall of oil price .... Yet some people stay here and type nonsense... GEJ is not our problem ... Our problem is our ideology.

Now the economy crisis are here And we found ourselves in the hands of an incoming administration that has alot of political God fathers staying at the byline...yet the Cabals still sitting firm on their oil well licenses.

To borrow is something every government does ... Russia with their rich oil and all that went borrowing... So as other EU countries setting sight on the New china development bank for loans .

Finally we all have to live in reality ... Oil is our harm... China is a big customer we have lost in oil industry... Now UK just discovered oil that is bigger Than ours ... Another client lost lol.. we have to struggle to survive ... Funny enough oil plays a role in everything we do here in Nigeria.. Yet we have to expect more bad days coming .. Yes the winter is coming

GMB by the time he realize, he will deny every promises he made and he will prefer a BH wahala than what's ahead .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Govt Borrows N473bn To Pay Salaries And Overheads. by mbulela: 9:15am On May 06, 2015
dearpreye:

As usual, I expected that line. I've led many peaceful protests back in my higher Institution days. And I perfectly understand how timid the average Nigeria is!
Try and lead another one.
I too have led some in the past. So you have done nothing unique.
Re: FG Govt Borrows N473bn To Pay Salaries And Overheads. by princejayboss: 9:16am On May 06, 2015
funkyfrevy:
Despite all d trillions made from oil,This country has borrowed money more than the poorest country in the world. Na wa oo. Now PDP is leaving huge debt behind.

Oga which trillions? Do you think that once Nigeria makes sales of crude..... FG take all the fund home?.. OPEC has some son
Re: FG Govt Borrows N473bn To Pay Salaries And Overheads. by mbulela: 9:16am On May 06, 2015
barcanista:
Bros, forget this argument. It doesn'thold water
And you think yours does?
Re: FG Govt Borrows N473bn To Pay Salaries And Overheads. by Nobody: 9:24am On May 06, 2015
Femolacaster:
Useless government, and they wasted Trillions on election.

People are born St.upid, it can't be learned
Re: FG Govt Borrows N473bn To Pay Salaries And Overheads. by Nobody: 9:27am On May 06, 2015
Raymondenyi:
my brother I agree with you 100%; u have said it all; but if I may add, We nigerians know the subsidey is doing us no good, even the labour union know it, but the reason they have insisted is because of the insensitivity of the govt. Our journey has been d type saaddled with so much scepticism and cynicism; a case were by we face such demanding economic situation yyet a man dat calls himself president could use more than 2trillion for his re election bid; aa case where by over 10billion used on maintainance of presidential fleets, over 1 billion for food; talking about "out of touch", does that in anyway depict our precaarious economic situation? The SURE-P program (from d savings of d subsidy) how faar with it? The so called Jobs created re the nightmaare of every nigerian graduaates, no good identifiaable projects, the state govt. And other aagencies haave divised means of balkanising those funds under various auspices... And nobody is held accountable, with the presidents body laanguaage aading those criminals...
So my brother u see the kind of place we are... If a buhari govt. Can come in and show us tru leadership; scrapping the subsidy program I can assure you won't be met with stiff resistance...

Stu.pidity can never be learned, people are born with it
Re: FG Govt Borrows N473bn To Pay Salaries And Overheads. by alexispaul(m): 9:32am On May 06, 2015
Taraba state pls go n borrow too so that u can pay the corp members their 4months arrears state allowee.... thanks
Re: FG Govt Borrows N473bn To Pay Salaries And Overheads. by Nobody: 9:42am On May 06, 2015
princejayboss:

I keep saying this.... I really love my country but I wish the youths can understand that these old men have nothing to offer..... If you go down this thread you will find out that many people blame government for everything ...

Our problem is that the central government has alot in her shoulders... Yet some useless states takes home more allocation than useful states based on land mass and disregard to family planning.

It's easy to be a good footballer from the screen of your TV set but when the real game comes up one will understand he/her is a faker..... GEJ was slow but has vision though many factors contributing to that .... BH, God fathers, cabals and the West.... But I bet every Nigerian that GMB will be more confused than GEJ ... Remember talk are cheap.

In the western world GMB will fail at the polls with ridiculous promises he made ... I read here some people keep saying he will give steady electricity and I laugh so big .... Am not really an anti buhari but fact is that Nigeria can not have more than 50% steady light at least not in the next 12years which GMB can not change ....

Every oil producing nation is at hot seat now ... The world is so broke ... Even Europe are facing crisis... Nigeria of all that has Lost 50% of her capital income due to fall of oil price .... Yet some people stay here and type nonsense... GEJ is not our problem ... Our problem is our ideology.

Now the economy crisis are here And we found ourselves in the hands of an incoming administration that has alot of political God fathers staying at the byline...yet the Cabals still sitting firm on their oil well licenses.

To borrow is something every government does ... Russia with their rich oil and all that went borrowing... So as other EU countries setting sight on the New china development bank for loans .

Finally we all have to live in reality ... Oil is our harm... China is a big customer we have lost in oil industry... Now UK just discovered oil that is bigger Than ours ... Another client lost lol.. we have to struggle to survive ... Funny enough oil plays a role in everything we do here in Nigeria.. Yet we have to expect more bad days coming .. Yes the winter is coming

GMB by the time he realize, he will deny every promises he made and he will prefer a BH wahala than what's ahead .
Nigerians don't know what's up. Buhari have been making more promises and giving assurances without taking cognisance of the reality on ground. It is a shame though that we have to borrow to pay Salaries, that isn't a good sign. It is okay to borrow to fund capital projects and provide infrastructure, but it becomes a thing of concern when the borrowing is to pay wages and salaries. Nigeria need to sit up
Re: FG Govt Borrows N473bn To Pay Salaries And Overheads. by Megaphone: 9:46am On May 06, 2015
micktoxin:

I clearly said one of... I am not naive enough to call it the biggest reasons investors are not coming. Do you know in 2013, apple were considering moving their construction factory from China to Nigeria? Do you know what stopped them? Electricity, as they couldn't broker a deal with Siemens to build a renewable plant in Nigeria.

There are three key reasons I think investors are not coming:
1 High level of corruption-Same problem with Iran.
2 Civil unrest.
3 Electricity
Electricity did not stop them. There is no rule of law in Nigeria. do you know how the law works for businesses n China? A court in Lagos asked dstv to stop its price hike. it has refused to do so. now which sensible business would come to a country where people don't obey court orders? so if you are a foreign investor ad you come in and you have an issue with another business you take them to court say for intellectual property rights issues, you are not sure the other business would obey the judgement. that's a key issue. buhari needs to work on that and ensure no one flouts courts orders. its the job of the executive that is the police to enforce court orders. the court has done its job already. so u think apple with it intellectual property wealth would come to Nigeria where pirates run amok without any restraint? do you know t intellectual property issues apple is currently facing in China? Forget about electricity. buhari would get scammed like obasanjo if he focuses on that
Re: FG Govt Borrows N473bn To Pay Salaries And Overheads. by lekantruth: 9:47am On May 06, 2015
PassingShot:
Government of borrow borrow. Idiotas!

For crying out loud, Nigeria is not the only county affected by the drop in crude price. Why is it that of all OPEC members (minus Venezuela and Libya with internal crisis), Nigeria is the only country whose currency and economy have been badly affected as a result of the oil drop?

The answer is simple: We have a very grossly irresponsible and shamelessly corrupt regime spearheaded by a man with PhD in looting.

What happened to all the billions of dollars earned when crude sold above $100 per barrel?

What happened to all the monies in the foreign reserves ($35 billion) GEJ met at the beginning of his administration?

What happened to the excess crude account which had $20 billion when he became president but now about $2 billion?

It's even more disheartening to note that this hopeless regime didn't improve Nigeria's values in the 5.5 years it has spent managing our affairs.

I have said it before that in a civil and sane society, the next destination for GEJ and many of his cohorts will be jail after May 29th.

my Brother, you have said it all. I am happy we have people like you as a Nigerian.

2 Likes

Re: FG Govt Borrows N473bn To Pay Salaries And Overheads. by micktoxin(m): 9:51am On May 06, 2015
Megaphone:
Electricity did not stop them. There is no rule of law in Nigeria. do you know how the law works for businesses n China? A court in Lagos asked dstv to stop its price hike. it has refused to do so. now which sensible business would come to a country where people don't obey court orders? so if you are a foreign investor ad you come in and you have an issue with another business you take them to court say for intellectual property rights issues, you are not sure the other business would obey the judgement. that's a key issue. buhari needs to work on that and ensure no one flouts courts orders. its the job of the executive that is the police to enforce court orders. the court has done its job already. so u think apple with it intellectual property wealth would come to Nigeria where pirates run amok without any restraint? do you know t intellectual property issues apple is currently facing in China? Forget about electricity. buhari would get scammed like obasanjo if he focuses on that
How do you know Electricity did not stop them? I share most of your point, but I doubt you knew about this until I told you. This is my line of work, although I might not know much about Nigeria, I have first hand information to this case.
My issue is not with your narratives, but with your assumptions.

1 Like

Re: FG Govt Borrows N473bn To Pay Salaries And Overheads. by micktoxin(m): 9:55am On May 06, 2015
PassingShot:

For crying out loud, Nigeria is not the only county affected by the drop in crude price. Why is it that of all OPEC members (minus Venezuela and Libya with internal crisis), Nigeria is the only country whose currency and economy have been badly affected as a result of the oil drop?

The answer is simple: We have a very grossly irresponsible and shamelessly corrupt regime spearheaded by a man with PhD in looting.

What happened to all the billions of dollars earned when crude sold above $100 per barrel?

What happened to all the monies in the foreign reserves ($35 billion) GEJ met at the beginning of his administration?

What happened to the excess crude account which had $20 billion when he became president but now about $2 billion?

It's even more disheartening to note that this hopeless regime didn't improve Nigeria's values in the 5.5 years it has spent managing our affairs.

I have said it before that in a civil and sane society, the next destination for GEJ and many of his cohorts will be jail after May 29th.

Argentina, Venezuela, Nigeria, Libya and Pakistan. All these countries are almost as bad as Nigeria. Tje reason why Nigeria is amplifoed is because of tje unrest.
I am at work now and will give a detailed explanation later, but trust me they are having serious problem. Check the bonds of these countries on bloomberg, your eyes will water.
All of them have many things in common. One bombshell, wait for Japan to blow over.

1 Like

Re: FG Govt Borrows N473bn To Pay Salaries And Overheads. by Ttalk: 9:56am On May 06, 2015
With the recent concluded election, one can say this is the most irresponsible government in the history of this country. Where was the government in the past 4year when price of crude oil soar with high generated revenue that was all squandered by the GEJ administration and cronies. What happened to our ECA, SWF and other savings by the previous government.

To say that this country cannot withstand a year of oil dwindling revenue without result to borrowing is nothing but gross incompetence on the part of the managers of this economy.

Madam NOI you no try at all

1 Like

Re: FG Govt Borrows N473bn To Pay Salaries And Overheads. by Ttalk: 10:00am On May 06, 2015
AdeniyiA:
Diversification of the economy, cuts in government salaries/emoluments etc, self-sufficiency in oil production nd consumption should solve all these problems.
This government have only been clueless, shortsighted nd useless from the beginning, even from the scandalous amount spent on reelection bid. If such(reelection) had come to pass, the economy nd Nigeria future would have been bleak one .

Seconded
Re: FG Govt Borrows N473bn To Pay Salaries And Overheads. by PassingShot(m): 10:02am On May 06, 2015
micktoxin:

Argentina, Venezuela, Nigeria, Libya and Pakistan. All these countries are almost as bad as Nigeria. Tje reason why Nigeria is amplifoed is because of tje unrest.
I am at work now and will give a detailed explanation later, but trust me they are having serious problem. Check the bonds of these countries on bloomberg, your eyes will water.
All of them have many things in common. One bombshell, wait for Japan to blow over.

We're talking of OPEC members and you're telling me of Pakistan and Argentina!

Libya was paradise on earth before the wicked western countries ganged up to topple Gaddafi and whatever problems they go through now is as a result of that act.

Venezuela has always been grappling with effect of sanctions and this explains why the drop in crude price affected them as well.

1 Like

Re: FG Govt Borrows N473bn To Pay Salaries And Overheads. by Megaphone: 10:08am On May 06, 2015
micktoxin:

How do you know Electricity did not stop them? I share most of your point, but I doubt you knew about this until I told you. This is my line of work, although I might not know much about Nigeria, I have first hand information to this case.
My issue is not with your narratives, but with your assumptions.
what information do you have that is classified? you mean apple would come to Nigeria to set up a plant? do you know in China a fake apple headquarters was busted? have you seen the Chinese range Rover sport? there are serious intellectual property issues apple faces around the world so that should be the major reason. urs part of the rule of law. if pirates run around with ke products and the police does nothing then ts a serious issue. for tour information electricity is on the concurrent lists and states in Nigeria can generate theirs however there's a proviso that they must aso feed the National grid. this are some of the issues the national assembly needs to look at. generate your electricity ad keep it not share it. those are the key issues. electricity generation is too too complex for buhari to understand and if he's not careful bad eggs in hid government would use it to scam him like they did to obasanjo. if he works on security the rule if law ad stability of government policies every other thing would follow. foreign investors aren't small people. these guys are richer than a lot if Africa governments! do you now how much fine Microsoft paid the EU in 2004? avout a billion euros! meanwhile Nigeria is borrowing to pa salaries! so forget it. these guys hae the cash to generate electricity in Nigeria to do their business and still make huge profits.
Re: FG Govt Borrows N473bn To Pay Salaries And Overheads. by omonnakoda: 10:14am On May 06, 2015
princejayboss:

Don't disgrace your empty head .... Before you type here make sure you are clean upstairs... Don't type with dirty upstairs... Thank you sire
before your mother type make sure she clean downstairs. Do not disgrace dirty yansh
Re: FG Govt Borrows N473bn To Pay Salaries And Overheads. by omonnakoda: 10:15am On May 06, 2015
parkeration:

Does my mother have a brain is she just damn stuupid?
Re: FG Govt Borrows N473bn To Pay Salaries And Overheads. by omonnakoda: 10:18am On May 06, 2015
princejayboss:

Oga which trillions? Do you think that once Nigeria makes sales of crude..... FG take all the fund home?.. OPEC has some son
OPEC has what
Re: FG Govt Borrows N473bn To Pay Salaries And Overheads. by micktoxin(m): 10:20am On May 06, 2015
princejayboss:

Don't disgrace your empty head .... Before you type here make sure you are clean upstairs... Don't type with dirty upstairs... Thank you sire
Why insult the guy? Can't we disagree anymore without insult?

1 Like

Re: FG Govt Borrows N473bn To Pay Salaries And Overheads. by Femolacaster(m): 10:27am On May 06, 2015
jadakiss213:
Olodo oshi,nor be only trillion,na Zillions! Am sure you saw there was 50 percent drop in the revenue of a country and u want things to remain the same..Una never see anything yet.#babaonechance don dey fidget sef..You think say to rule Nigeria na joke
Onye nzuzu, stop quoting me, ighotago? I know say all of una bad belle dey pray say make buhari fail, but u will all be dissapointed!
Re: FG Govt Borrows N473bn To Pay Salaries And Overheads. by micktoxin(m): 10:27am On May 06, 2015
Megaphone:
what information do you have that is classified? you mean apple would come to Nigeria to set up a plant? do you know in China a fake apple headquarters was busted? have you seen the Chinese range Rover sport? there are serious intellectual property issues apple faces around the world so that should be the major reason. urs part of the rule of law. if pirates run around with ke products and the police does nothing then ts a serious issue. for tour information electricity is on the concurrent lists and states in Nigeria can generate theirs however there's a proviso that they must aso feed the National grid. this are some of the issues the national assembly needs to look at. generate your electricity ad keep it not share it. those are the key issues. electricity generation is too too complex for buhari to understand and if he's not careful bad eggs in hid government would use it to scam him like they did to obasanjo. if he works on security the rule if law ad stability of government policies every other thing would follow. foreign investors aren't small people. these guys are richer than a lot if Africa governments! do you now how much fine Microsoft paid the EU in 2004? avout a billion euros! meanwhile Nigeria is borrowing to pa salaries! so forget it. these guys hae the cash to generate electricity in Nigeria to do their business and still make huge profits.
Oga I can't really make sense of a lot of what you wrote. You definitely know your stuff about Nigeria. Hopefully, it will all work out For the country.

1 Like

Re: FG Govt Borrows N473bn To Pay Salaries And Overheads. by eaglechild: 10:29am On May 06, 2015
princejayboss:

Exactly.
It baffles me how we are so quick to hold the central government responsible while exonerating the states.

Not saying that the FG is not to be scrutinized but the states are having a field day looting when their allocation should be put to profitable use.
Rather they just pay salaries do some shabby projects and wait for the next hand out.

It is appalling.
Re: FG Govt Borrows N473bn To Pay Salaries And Overheads. by Femolacaster(m): 10:30am On May 06, 2015
anonimi:

Perhaps they should not have held elections so that Jonathan can continue. Would that have made you happy

BTW, how did you get trillionS figure?
Please provide a credible source or STFU and stop spreading LIES!
Ask your Tan members! Refrain from quoting me, if u are not conversant with d happenings!
Re: FG Govt Borrows N473bn To Pay Salaries And Overheads. by Heffalump(m): 10:31am On May 06, 2015
PassingShot:

Big questions you asked up there, bro. The bigger question again will be like: What happened to the economy of the states that shared this huge capital from the Federation account after 5.5 years?

What happened to the standard of living of Nigerian citizens in those states despite the huge resources accrued to the FGN, irrespective of whether APC or PDP States?

What I strongly believe in life is that, it takes a leader to be selfless to be able to serve his peoples satisfactorily. In Nigeria, we lack leadership!
Re: FG Govt Borrows N473bn To Pay Salaries And Overheads. by Femolacaster(m): 10:33am On May 06, 2015
chuna1985:

People are born St.upid, it can't be learned
Onye nzuzu, stop quoting me, ighotago? I know say all of una bad belle dey pray say make buhari fail, but u will all be dissapointed! Bunch of lunatics.
Re: FG Govt Borrows N473bn To Pay Salaries And Overheads. by agabaI23(m): 10:40am On May 06, 2015
otokx:
Kerosene subsidy has been shown to be a scam - it should be discontinued. GEJ should do the needful and proscrbibe that subsidy with adequate gazetting.
Buhari is coming to do it. No worries
Re: FG Govt Borrows N473bn To Pay Salaries And Overheads. by GiantParrot(m): 10:45am On May 06, 2015
PassingShot:

We're talking of OPEC members and you're telling me of Pakistan and Argentina!

Libya was paradise on earth before the wicked western countries ganged up to topple him and whatever problems they go through now is as a result of that act.

Venezuela has always been grappling with effect of sanctions and this explains why the drop in crude price affected them as well.

Calm down Mr. PassingShot. It is true that the outgoing government failed to provide us with an economy robust enough to cope with the current oil prices. However, your comparison with other OPEC countries may be construed as shallow, and such line of reasoning may not be helpful in appraising the incoming government when they take over. Did you even consider how the oil revenues get shared in these OPEC countries after population has been considered? In this regard, Nigeria's population doesn't help matters at all especially when you consider that a vast proportion of the population is unproductive and waits for their share of the oil money they did not contribute to.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Buhari Hails Jonathan At AU Summit / Tinubu, Aregbesola Meet With NLC Members In Abuja / Residents Confirm Helicopter Supplies To Herdsmen In Delta Community

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.