Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,206 members, 7,807,699 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:39 PM

Soyinka Denies Blasting The Igbos, Says Whoever Believes He Did Is A slowpoke - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soyinka Denies Blasting The Igbos, Says Whoever Believes He Did Is A slowpoke (28928 Views)

Ajibola, Ajimobi’s Daughter Denies Blasting LAUTECH Students / Biafra: We Are Igbos – Says Asari Dokubo (see Video) / Fani-kayode Reacts To Oba Of Lagos Alleged Threat To Igbos, Says Its Ominious An (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soyinka Denies Blasting The Igbos, Says Whoever Believes He Did Is A slowpoke by stonemind(f): 11:38am On May 06, 2015
Who is even gonna take this dude seriously, he's an old f**l

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Denies Blasting The Igbos, Says Whoever Believes He Did Is A slowpoke by ahmed486: 11:38am On May 06, 2015
This year is a year of denial make a statement today and deny tomorrow has become a norm in Nigeria SMH

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Soyinka Denies Blasting The Igbos, Says Whoever Believes He Did Is A slowpoke by Tbillz(m): 11:38am On May 06, 2015
Ok
Re: Soyinka Denies Blasting The Igbos, Says Whoever Believes He Did Is A slowpoke by Holddat(m): 11:38am On May 06, 2015
I wonder what the internet is turning us all into oo

Re: Soyinka Denies Blasting The Igbos, Says Whoever Believes He Did Is A slowpoke by ceejayluv(m): 11:38am On May 06, 2015
asha80:
And NgeneUkwenu was swearing that the article is true..sometimes you just have to draw a line between pure politics and trying to curry favour by engaging in extreme foolishness
NgeneUkwenu is a filthy ba$tard...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Soyinka Denies Blasting The Igbos, Says Whoever Believes He Did Is A slowpoke by deletrue: 11:40am On May 06, 2015
Can any person tell us why we should not regret having this class of people as Nigerians? Damn to many yeye and nonentities around us. Ok slowpoke. Oya quickly, issue warrant of arrest so that we go believe you. He is just denying it because of high degree of blames and the kind of descriptions that followed this thread. All those woman wrapper yoruba indio.ts. I know him he talks before thinking like Obasanjo. It is just in their blood.
Re: Soyinka Denies Blasting The Igbos, Says Whoever Believes He Did Is A slowpoke by kelvyn7: 11:40am On May 06, 2015
Jokay07:
second slowpoke identified

tell that to ur mummy and daddy, that its a new word u just learnt from Wole grin

make sure u smile when using it on ur daddy, u will know if its a nice word grin grin
Re: Soyinka Denies Blasting The Igbos, Says Whoever Believes He Did Is A slowpoke by Stillfire: 11:40am On May 06, 2015
Soyinka was quoted to have said 'the Igbos voted based on their stomach and suffer from incurable money mindedness'.

This is the kind of comment you expect from small-brained Nairalanders that populate this section not a nobel laureate. The cable authors must be nairalanders.
Re: Soyinka Denies Blasting The Igbos, Says Whoever Believes He Did Is A slowpoke by UncleJudax(m): 11:40am On May 06, 2015
aderonila18:
Igbo people come and listen o, you guys are so easy to manipulate. How can a Nobel price winner make such a speech in Harvard and you mumus will believe that's possible
You are a glittering disappointment to the world. Was it not your folks that were validating the utterances credited to him?

No matter the twists and turns to any event, you always find a way to blame the igbos.

You need an introspection. Gaskiya!
Re: Soyinka Denies Blasting The Igbos, Says Whoever Believes He Did Is A slowpoke by seunmsg(m): 11:41am On May 06, 2015
ozoigbondu:
l knew he would deny it.They always deny it.Anyways time to modify some comments l made in the other thread

You are just one silly slowpoke without sense. Soyinka was imprisoned because of the support he gave to your fathers and grandfather's during the civil war. How on earth will he make such a statement about your people without considering his age and international standing? Shame on all you slowpoke who continue to hate on him despite the sacrifice he made for your people's struggle.

4 Likes

Re: Soyinka Denies Blasting The Igbos, Says Whoever Believes He Did Is A slowpoke by davidque007(m): 11:41am On May 06, 2015
kelvyn7:
hehehehe grin

this man ehnnnnn

first u insulted...blasting igbos

now insulting again...saying whoever blivs dat is a SLOWPOKE undecided

just spitting out poo

i expected him to deny it but not to insult whoever blivs it, cos its is possible he said it, shdnt blame d blivers undecided

someone like that shdnt be using strong/insulting words on people

Didn't you read that there is a video or a transcript of the lecture he delivered? Before you belief or disbelief the statement attributed to him, shouldn't u endeavour to read the speech and verify for yourself? Nawa o, you must be a "slowpoke" just as he said

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Denies Blasting The Igbos, Says Whoever Believes He Did Is A slowpoke by Nobody: 11:41am On May 06, 2015
Umunna gi bu Mumu.....
aderonila18:
Igbo people come and listen o, you guys are so easy to manipulate. How can a Nobel price winner make such a speech in Harvard and you mumus will believe that's possible
Re: Soyinka Denies Blasting The Igbos, Says Whoever Believes He Did Is A slowpoke by mmsen: 11:41am On May 06, 2015
ozoigbondu:
l knew he would deny it.They always deny it.Anyways time to modify some unsavoury comments l made in the other thread thanks to that ngeneukwuenu

He said it was recorded. Anyone who wishes to verify what he is reported to have by watching the video.

Why would he make comments about Ndigbo to a mixed crowd? Why would an American audience care?
Re: Soyinka Denies Blasting The Igbos, Says Whoever Believes He Did Is A slowpoke by ChristyG(f): 11:41am On May 06, 2015
eagleeye2:

If Wole was using the internet now, he would have said his account was hacked. hmmmm
What of that Dr. Somebody who made genocidal statement on his FB and denied....... well I guess denial runs in some people's blood. Cos until a video was shown, "The Crying General" was denying he ever cried in front of the "Dark Goggled General".
another slowpoke,u pple plenty for here sha.association of slowpokes
Re: Soyinka Denies Blasting The Igbos, Says Whoever Believes He Did Is A slowpoke by ichidodo: 11:41am On May 06, 2015
Too late Soyinka as most of us already see u a hare brained slowpoke thus you cannot insult our intelligience with these lames excuses and rebuttals......our own is to wait for the audio and video to come out,sahara? Premium?? Anyone.

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Denies Blasting The Igbos, Says Whoever Believes He Did Is A slowpoke by Nobody: 11:41am On May 06, 2015
All the fools who took turns to denigrate the great Kongi can now identify themselves as certified Slowpokes.
Re: Soyinka Denies Blasting The Igbos, Says Whoever Believes He Did Is A slowpoke by oneeast: 11:42am On May 06, 2015
Toil with the Igbos to your own peril. Yinka you did well for denying it if not we would have unleashed the award winning Anambra born Chimamanda on you.. wink

Lets drink to that..

3 Likes

Re: Soyinka Denies Blasting The Igbos, Says Whoever Believes He Did Is A slowpoke by nduchucks: 11:42am On May 06, 2015
Aigbofa:

I agree with the prof, anyone who believes he said those things must indeed be a slow poke.

ngwanu, both you and the Prof are Slowpokes for believing that the story is not believable. embarassed
Re: Soyinka Denies Blasting The Igbos, Says Whoever Believes He Did Is A slowpoke by LordCenturion(m): 11:42am On May 06, 2015
ozoigbondu:
l knew he would deny it.They always deny it.Anyways time to modify some unsavoury comments l made in the other thread thanks to that ngeneukwuenu

Useless igbo, u better shut up, don't ur myopic brain understand what he just said?, abi u lack proper understanding

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka Denies Blasting The Igbos, Says Whoever Believes He Did Is A slowpoke by ChristyG(f): 11:42am On May 06, 2015
stonemind:
Who is even gonna take this dude seriously, he's an old f**l
just like ur useless nobody of a father,slowpoke

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Denies Blasting The Igbos, Says Whoever Believes He Did Is A slowpoke by Ujupsy: 11:43am On May 06, 2015
If you did not then sorry I called you names
Re: Soyinka Denies Blasting The Igbos, Says Whoever Believes He Did Is A slowpoke by TheMadame(f): 11:44am On May 06, 2015
Internet infestations. Classic from Kongi.
Re: Soyinka Denies Blasting The Igbos, Says Whoever Believes He Did Is A slowpoke by dipopo83: 11:44am On May 06, 2015
Then who cares no wonder oba of lagos said lagoon is ur burial ground stupid people
Re: Soyinka Denies Blasting The Igbos, Says Whoever Believes He Did Is A slowpoke by SeverusSnape(m): 11:44am On May 06, 2015
asha80:
And NgeneUkwenu was swearing that the article is true..sometimes you just have to draw a line between pure politics and trying to curry favour by engaging in extreme foolishness
Don't mind that transgendered, She's a twerp!
Re: Soyinka Denies Blasting The Igbos, Says Whoever Believes He Did Is A slowpoke by PassingShot(m): 11:44am On May 06, 2015
ozoigbondu:

Why don't you watch his entire speech online if you still have a doubt?
Re: Soyinka Denies Blasting The Igbos, Says Whoever Believes He Did Is A slowpoke by ChristyG(f): 11:44am On May 06, 2015
ichidodo:
Too late Soyinka as most of us already see u a hare brained slowpoke thus you cannot insult our intelligience with these lames excuses and rebuttals......our own is to wait for the audio and video to come out,sahara? Premium?? Anyone.
ibos are indeed slowpokes and braindead

3 Likes

Re: Soyinka Denies Blasting The Igbos, Says Whoever Believes He Did Is A slowpoke by faray: 11:44am On May 06, 2015
pls who is wole soyinka?

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Denies Blasting The Igbos, Says Whoever Believes He Did Is A slowpoke by Stonerobaba(m): 11:44am On May 06, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
I swear down, dis soyinka guy no deserve nobel price
Wetin d guy don write sef
Lion and d ....... I don forget d name
He's a shame, he shld go learn from d Achebe's
Say no to "change"
We nid transformation
I pray and hope we won't regret voting out transformation

U again?
Re: Soyinka Denies Blasting The Igbos, Says Whoever Believes He Did Is A slowpoke by ozoigbondu: 11:45am On May 06, 2015
PassingShot:

Why don't you watch his entire speech online if you still have a doubt?
Which part of i will modify my comments lambasting him don't you understand

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Denies Blasting The Igbos, Says Whoever Believes He Did Is A slowpoke by eagleeye2: 11:46am On May 06, 2015
ChristyG:
another slowpoke,u pple plenty for here sha.association of slowpokes
Your whole generation is a slowpoke. Anuofia
Re: Soyinka Denies Blasting The Igbos, Says Whoever Believes He Did Is A slowpoke by Leez(m): 11:47am On May 06, 2015
stabillo:
Nobel Laureate, Prof. Wole Soyinka, has denied describing Igbo as people who vote based on their stomach.

Some online media had quoted Soyinka as saying Igbo were politically naive while delivering a lecture titled ‘Predicting Nigeria, Electoral Ironies’ at Harvard University Hutchins Centre for African and African American Research in the United States.

He was quoted as saying “Igbo remained unrepentant and resolute towards their strategic objective of secession at worst; or a Nigerian president of Igbo extraction at best.”

However, Soyinka said in a statement on Thursday that it was unfortunate that people could tell lies against him.

The playwright described those peddling the rumour as morons who have ulterior motives.

He said his entire lecture delivered at Harvard University was recorded on video and anyone who was interested could access it on the Internet.

He said: "I have just read a statement attributed to me on something called The Cable, a news outlet, evidently one of the Internet infestations. My lecture at the Hutchins Centre, Harvard University, was video recorded. Anyone who believes what I am alleged to have said must be a slowpoke – repeat, a slowpoke. It is demeaning, sickening and boring to have to deal with these cowards who cannot fight their own battles but must fasten their imbecilic pronouncements on others. Only the mentally retarded will credit this comment attributed to me regarding the Ndigbo voting pattern in the last elections. I strongly suspect the author of this despicable concoction, and may make a further statement, once the source is verified.” the statement read

source: http://www.punchng.com/news/soyinka-blasts-online-media-denies-insulting-igbo/
Lies!!!
Na im talk am
Fear fear ppl loooool

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Denies Blasting The Igbos, Says Whoever Believes He Did Is A slowpoke by PassingShot(m): 11:47am On May 06, 2015
ozoigbondu:
Which part of i will modify my comments lambasting him don't you understand

Why did you have to say you "know he will deny it"? undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Nigeria Police Release Statement On Appointment Of Mba As New PRO By New IGP / Tony Blair At The Nigerian Governor's Forum In Abuja - Photos / "Auko Prostrated To Beg Fayose Three Times’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.