Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,289 members, 7,807,979 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:01 AM

Africa's Richest Economy Surviving On Borrowed Cash...(rotf) Such A Giant! Smh - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Africa's Richest Economy Surviving On Borrowed Cash...(rotf) Such A Giant! Smh (2992 Views)

Possibility Of Biafra Surviving On Their Own / Saraki Claims He Borrowed N5b From Dangote To Fund Buhari's Election - Sahara R. / Kemi Adeosun Guessing On Use Of 2.2Tn Borrowed Funds - Punch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Africa's Richest Economy Surviving On Borrowed Cash...(rotf) Such A Giant! Smh by dekdek: 8:01am On May 07, 2015
To those asking how much America owes, The problem isnt about debt perse but what u use the debt for. In Nigeria case, we were made to understand that our Govt borrow to pay salaries. That to me is highly condemnable
Re: Africa's Richest Economy Surviving On Borrowed Cash...(rotf) Such A Giant! Smh by since1914(m): 8:02am On May 07, 2015
vandalZA:
do you want to compare Nigerian problems with south Africa problems and prefer Nigerian problems

No, sorry it is not in our character to compare ourselves with other people, that should be your turf. We mind our own business. At least am not the one on a South African forum flapping my wings and jubilating over the supposed misfortunes of others.

1 Like

Re: Africa's Richest Economy Surviving On Borrowed Cash...(rotf) Such A Giant! Smh by MduZA: 9:21am On May 07, 2015
The giant of west Africa....Niger deported over 3000 Nigerians,Cameroon to follow the suit soon..

1 Like

Re: Africa's Richest Economy Surviving On Borrowed Cash...(rotf) Such A Giant! Smh by Nobody: 9:26am On May 07, 2015
What is the big deal about this? The biggest economy in the world,America has been running budget deficit for some years now and will continue for some time.America borrows money from other economies to get America working. When you spend more than what you take in,its called budget deficit and borrow to cover the shortfall. MduZA, you have been running your thumb of lately, learn to always think before you use your thumb to disgrace yourself.
Re: Africa's Richest Economy Surviving On Borrowed Cash...(rotf) Such A Giant! Smh by vandalZA(m): 11:53am On May 07, 2015
barcanista:
You have spoken well. Though no government should borrow to make up recurrent expenditure. The problem is simply a structural one. Nigeria system is anti-progress.
thanks
Re: Africa's Richest Economy Surviving On Borrowed Cash...(rotf) Such A Giant! Smh by ucheokpara100(m): 7:34pm On May 07, 2015
vandalZA:
lolest jealous is killing You.......you can stop black south Africans from shopping its in their blood.....the south African black middle class spend more than $50 billion dollars annually.....and that storyline of R5 even you country men can see that your father is an idio*t!
iam not the one saying it the whole world know that u fools are the most lazy and poverty stricken mofos in entire africa, just fooling around living fake life

1 Like

Re: Africa's Richest Economy Surviving On Borrowed Cash...(rotf) Such A Giant! Smh by vandalZA(m): 8:21pm On May 07, 2015
ucheokpara100:
iam not the one saying it the whole world know that u fools are the most lazy and poverty stricken mofos in entire africa, just fooling around living fake life
lol I'm living in a bond house, I'm driving an instalment car I have to children the other one his schooling in a private school and the other she's one month old so her mum is taking care of her bye the way the mother is a paramedic and I'm just a sub contractor in construction
Re: Africa's Richest Economy Surviving On Borrowed Cash...(rotf) Such A Giant! Smh by Ezemust: 9:19pm On May 07, 2015
SkyBlue1:
Five years of Jonathan but don't worry, in a few weeks time we will actually have a leader running the country.
hahahaha.Buhari don surffer.few weeks?
Re: Africa's Richest Economy Surviving On Borrowed Cash...(rotf) Such A Giant! Smh by LeSudAfricaine: 9:26pm On May 07, 2015
vandalZA:
lol I'm living in a bond house, I'm driving an instalment car I have to children the other one his schooling in a private school and the other she's one month old so her mum is taking care of her bye the way the mother is a paramedic and I'm just a sub contractor in construction
Tell these idiots
Re: Africa's Richest Economy Surviving On Borrowed Cash...(rotf) Such A Giant! Smh by LeSudAfricaine: 9:32pm On May 07, 2015
since1914:

No, sorry it is not in our character to compare ourselves with other people, that should be your turf. We mind our own business. At least am not the one on a South African forum flapping my wings and jubilating over the supposed misfortunes of others.
No, you guys don't mind your business, your one eye is always fixed to South África, it's always South África this, South África that, lazy this HiV that etc, it is you who is always comparing don't lie

1 Like

Re: Africa's Richest Economy Surviving On Borrowed Cash...(rotf) Such A Giant! Smh by LeSudAfricaine: 9:36pm On May 07, 2015
ucheokpara100:
Black middle class is the biggest in South África, some fake life hey? If I were you, I would'nt expose my ignorance for the world to see,
Re: Africa's Richest Economy Surviving On Borrowed Cash...(rotf) Such A Giant! Smh by mars123(m): 10:18pm On May 07, 2015
These south Africans come here to mock us about actions of a government we've booted out they must be the most stupid people around...if u think you are making a whole lot of sense,kindly go and check voting figures and see that we Nigerians(giants) dont support a reckless government.
Re: Africa's Richest Economy Surviving On Borrowed Cash...(rotf) Such A Giant! Smh by sokotoburundi(m): 7:03pm On Sep 20, 2015
first of all I don't understand why u pple keep doing this, coming to this forum to talk about Nigeria's problems as if we Nigerians don't care or something. You have your own problems like everyone else whereas you just have one big telescope to look at what's happening in the other neighbour's house. that kind of a person is called a vouyer!
I wouldn't go to a southafrican forum to start telling them their problems and how big it is.
for the guys that was narrating how he and his wife works and how his kid attend private school, I don't know where you are getting to with that coz I see no one asked you and no one gives a huth actually.
If truly you are all that you posted up there then you are not spending your spare time rightly.
thank you!
Re: Africa's Richest Economy Surviving On Borrowed Cash...(rotf) Such A Giant! Smh by sdindan: 7:19pm On Sep 20, 2015
MzansiBeat:
"Lagos - Africa's richest economy is borrowing money to pay salaries as it struggles through a "difficult cash crunch" brought on by halved oil prices, Nigeria's finance minister revealed on Tuesday.

The news comes as Nigeria prepares to welcome a new government at the end of month and its naira currency remains in a slump, hovering between 180 and 220 to the US dollar. It was trading at 160 a few months ago.

Minister Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala tried to be upbeat in a speech after the legislature on Tuesday approved the 2015 budget thrice revised because of slashed oil prices that provide 80% of revenue for the government of Africa's biggest petroleum producer.

She said "revenue challenges" have prohibited the release of any funds for capital expenditure this year but that food prices and single-digit inflation remain quite stable. And she said the economy still is on course to grow 4.8% this year.

"We have front-loaded the borrowing program to manage the cash crunch," Okonjo-Iweala told legislators. "Out of the ?882bn budgetary provision for borrowing, the government has borrowed ?473bn to meet up with recurrent expenditure, including salaries and overheads."

That's bad news for the incoming government of President-elect Muhammadu Buhari, who takes over May 29 from incumbent Goodluck Jonathan.

Buhari acknowledges that constricted revenue and endemic corruption threaten his will to deliver on development and reconstruction of areas devastated by a nearly 6-year-old Islamic uprising in the northeast.

He says his fight against corruption should produce the money needed to bring change to a country where petroleum riches benefit a small clique while the majority of the 170 million people in Africa's most populous nation live hand to mouth.

Critics blame the financial crisis in part on the most expensive election ever held in Nigeria, though no one knows how much politicians from both sides spent trying to buy influence and bribe voters".

The giant of (WEST) Africa - grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Tell them.
We Biafrans don't borrow.
We do lend them.
Lagos is Owing Anambra Biafra 3 trillion Dollars grin
Re: Africa's Richest Economy Surviving On Borrowed Cash...(rotf) Such A Giant! Smh by KINGOFJAPAN: 11:39am On Oct 22, 2015
vandalZA:
we need proof not that sh**t you wrote!!!
You suddenly became silent when he provided the links, why? grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

President Buhari May Order Arrest Of Akpabio, Susuwan, Orji And Others / Boko Haram Suspects Torutured By Civilian JTF In Borno State(See Photos & Video) / Remember The Politician Who Went Nude Few Days Back? Checkout His Family

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.