Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,637 members, 7,801,842 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:40 AM

Counsel’s Absence Stalls Trial Of Pro-biafra Activists - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Counsel’s Absence Stalls Trial Of Pro-biafra Activists (769 Views)

#dasukigate: Metuh’s Absence In Court Stalls Trial / Justice Ademola And Wife’s Absence Stalls Arraignment / Judge’s Absence Stalls Trial Of Kanu, Radio Biafra Director - Vanguard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Counsel’s Absence Stalls Trial Of Pro-biafra Activists by revenge001: 5:18am On May 07, 2015
ounsel was indisposed.

Omotayo said the freedom of his clients was being toyed with by the Attorney-General.

He said: “We are surprised that he is not here today; if he knew that he would not be disposed to come from Abuja, he should hand over the case file to another counsel in their zonal office here in Enugu.

“During the bail application, a counsel was coming from the AG’s zonal office in Enugu; so, I’m surprised that the person is no longer appearing in the court.

“I am praying the court that if they did not appear on the next date, the case should be closed while they allow us to open our defence.”

Members of the BZF present in court left with mournful looks, accusing the Federal Government of a deliberate plan to stifle a non-violent organisation.

One of them, who pleaded anonymity, said: “President Jonathan should free these innocent freedom fighters before he leaves office.

“It is so bad that they have continued to keep them in detention, even when activities of BZF are still within international charters and conventions.”

The case was adjourned to May 19 for continuation of hearing.

http://thenationonlineng.net/new/counsels-absence-stalls-trial-of-pro-biafra-activists/

Re: Counsel’s Absence Stalls Trial Of Pro-biafra Activists by DaBullIT(m): 5:22am On May 07, 2015
Nna Biko

Na so he dey start o

Non violent protesters

upgraded

Freedom Fighters

upgraded

Terrorists / Mass murderers

While i am happy everyone has the right to peaceful gathering

Government reserves the right to detain anyone being suspected of wanting to disturb the peace of the country

Only one man i know can be dumb enough to free this people before he leaves office

Jonathan

1 Like

Re: Counsel’s Absence Stalls Trial Of Pro-biafra Activists by mcquin(m): 6:09am On May 07, 2015
See their Akpu faces.

Meanwhile this estate named after my late Grandpa; Late Chief Joseph Assam Ekanem (Obong Abikpi Clan, Ekid & Esid Ekid) is not for sale. Beware of flat. heads who can do anything for money.
Re: Counsel’s Absence Stalls Trial Of Pro-biafra Activists by Nobody: 6:13am On May 07, 2015
These people sure have freedom of association and a right to self determination.

please set them free ASAP!
Re: Counsel’s Absence Stalls Trial Of Pro-biafra Activists by ruggedboy01: 6:26am On May 07, 2015
E-war looming cheesy cheesy grin
Re: Counsel’s Absence Stalls Trial Of Pro-biafra Activists by SpaceTour: 3:13pm On Nov 18, 2015
ruggedboy01:
E-war looming cheesy cheesy grin
Re: Counsel’s Absence Stalls Trial Of Pro-biafra Activists by devilishM: 3:17pm On Nov 18, 2015
But our Igbo brothers said GEJ is best thing after slice bread, too many hypocrites.
Re: Counsel’s Absence Stalls Trial Of Pro-biafra Activists by ruggedboy01: 3:56pm On Nov 18, 2015
SpaceTour:

keep off my mention angry sad

(1) (Reply)

I Was Ready To Die For Nigeria - President Goodluck Jonathan. / Bauchi Five-Man Team Begin Saudi Trekking For Buhari / The Return Of Northern Oligarchy.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.