Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,532 members, 7,808,950 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:54 PM

Presidency Breaks Silence On Patience Jonathan's Whereabout - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Presidency Breaks Silence On Patience Jonathan's Whereabout (49958 Views)

Police, EFCC ‘unaware’ Of Raid On Patience Jonathan’s House / Youths Protest Against EFCC's Probe On Patience Jonathan Today (Photos) / Presidency Silent On Patience Jonathans Whereabouts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Presidency Breaks Silence On Patience Jonathan's Whereabout by shammah1(m): 10:48am On May 07, 2015
The Presidency on Thursday morning broke its silence on the whereabouts of President Goodluck Jonathan’s wife, Patience.
Media assistant to Mrs. Jonathan, Mr. Ayo Adewuyi, in a statement made available to journalists in Abuja, said the President’s wife is currently in Congo. He said Mrs. Jonathan was in the country to join her colleagues from Africa for the celebration of the 30th anniversary a Non-Governmental Organisation, Congo Assistance Foundation, floated by the Congolese First Lady, Madam Antoinette Sassou-Nguesso.

Adewuyi, however, did not indicate when Mrs. Jonathan arrived Congo or when she is expected back in Nigeria. He only said his principal was received on arrival by the Nigeria’s Ambassador to Congo Brazzaville, Princess ‎Onipede, in company of top Congolese officials.

The President’s wife has not been seen attending any public event inside the Presidential Villa, Abuja since her husband lost his re-election bid in the March 28 Presidential election. She was conspicuously absent during the Good Friday and Easter Sunday services held inside the Aso Villa Chapel. Mrs. Jonathan did not also join her husband for the funeral service held in honour of his top aide, Oronto Douglas, in Yenagoa last Saturday.

She had expressed fears ahead of the elections that she will be thrown into prison if Gen. Muhammadu Buhari wins the election.
Uptill now, the Presidency had kept mute on her whereabouts, despite mounting speculations about her where abouts.

Adewuyi’s statement reads: “First Lady, Dame Patience Faka Jonathan is in Brazzaville, Republic of Congo, joining other African First Ladies for the celebration of the 30th Anniversary of Congo Assistance Foundation, an NGO of Congolese First Lady, Madam Antoinette Sassou-Nguesso.

“The Foundation, established in 1984, has engendered social action in the areas of health, education, skills acquisition in favour of indigent people of Congo.

“Dame Patience Jonathan runs similar organisation ‎in Nigeria, the A. Aruera Reachout Foundation which also focuses on the upliftment of women and children, the needy and imprisoned.

“The First Ladies of Benin Republic, Senegal, Mali, Tchad, Niger, Guinea Conakry are also in Brazzaville for the grand finale of the week-long programmes during which a National Center for Sickle Cell disease was inaugurated.

“Dame Patience Jonathan was received on arrival by Nigeria’s Ambassador to Congo Brazzaville, Princess ‎Onipede in company of top Congolese officials.”

http://newtelegraphonline.com/presidency-patience-jonathan-in-congo/

3 Likes

Re: Presidency Breaks Silence On Patience Jonathan's Whereabout by Aminat508(f): 10:52am On May 07, 2015
Mama peace undecided shame dey catch her or what

72 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidency Breaks Silence On Patience Jonathan's Whereabout by IamOdin: 10:54am On May 07, 2015
At Congo already??.By the time Buhari takes over i bet she'll run to cotonou!!

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Presidency Breaks Silence On Patience Jonathan's Whereabout by BlackTechnology: 10:55am On May 07, 2015
Aminat508:
Mama peace undecided shame dey catch her or what

For wetin

We go see the English wey GMB wife go speak. grin

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidency Breaks Silence On Patience Jonathan's Whereabout by Nobody: 10:57am On May 07, 2015
Rolemodel for all naija modas
Mama peace ma God continue to bless ya for bin such a wonderful mothre not only to ya family buh to all nigerians most especially d nigerian youths and d world @ large

Say no to "change"
Say yes to transformation

Temitemi1 pls say somtin sweet abt mama peace!

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Presidency Breaks Silence On Patience Jonathan's Whereabout by RobinHez(m): 10:58am On May 07, 2015
This woman fine sha...
anyways...

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidency Breaks Silence On Patience Jonathan's Whereabout by Aminat508(f): 10:59am On May 07, 2015
Re: Presidency Breaks Silence On Patience Jonathan's Whereabout by Nobody: 10:59am On May 07, 2015
The great woman of peace.... Ride on Ma'am cos we all love you...

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidency Breaks Silence On Patience Jonathan's Whereabout by kazmanbanjoko(m): 11:03am On May 07, 2015
Abeg, make she come back quick oooo. We are missing her comedy shows. Hit like if you miss her too.

141 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Presidency Breaks Silence On Patience Jonathan's Whereabout by Aminat508(f): 11:03am On May 07, 2015
BlackTechnology:

For wetin

Who dey follow you talk English matter here? Abeg shift joo undecided

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Presidency Breaks Silence On Patience Jonathan's Whereabout by temitemi1(m): 11:03am On May 07, 2015
All Hail Mama Peace!!
OREMUSSANCTUS:
Rolemodel for all naija modas
Mama peace ma God continue to bless ya for bin such a wonderful mothre not only to ya family buh to all nigerians most especially d nigerian youths and d world @ large

Say no to "change"
Say yes to transformation

Temitemi1 pls say somtin sweet abt mama peace!

12 Likes

Re: Presidency Breaks Silence On Patience Jonathan's Whereabout by lagdmark(m): 11:26am On May 07, 2015
IamOdin:
At Congo already??.By the time Buhari takes over i bet she'll run to cotonou!!
I think buhari would be begging nigerians for forgiveness for the fake promises he made during campaign

30 Likes

Re: Presidency Breaks Silence On Patience Jonathan's Whereabout by IamOdin: 11:37am On May 07, 2015
lagdmark:

I think buhari would be begging nigerians for forgiveness for the fake promises he made during campaign

Even him knows he won't achieve anything.All what he blabbered was to win and immediately he did he started pointing fingers instead of focusing on the challenges ahead.

My brother,leading a country is not a small deal,so any story saying Nigeria will change within 4yrs or 8yrs is a blatant,arrant lie!!

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidency Breaks Silence On Patience Jonathan's Whereabout by RobinHez(m): 11:55am On May 07, 2015
BlackTechnology:

For wetin
ehn?......no go there o. That woman dey Speak english die!

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidency Breaks Silence On Patience Jonathan's Whereabout by RobinHez(m): 11:55am On May 07, 2015
how can i become FTC?
Re: Presidency Breaks Silence On Patience Jonathan's Whereabout by holatin(m): 12:15pm On May 07, 2015
like I give a F#ck about her

Aisha I know

PEJ don't exist

where my broom ?
operation beat satanist spirit out of santanoid activated

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Presidency Breaks Silence On Patience Jonathan's Whereabout by holatin(m): 12:16pm On May 07, 2015
Equalizer:
serously why should you lie to yourself ?
you no she is the opposite of what you wrote.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Presidency Breaks Silence On Patience Jonathan's Whereabout by ionsman: 12:27pm On May 07, 2015
Make she chop enough congo meat o.
I guess she went to plead for asylum. That plea is dead on arrival
Off topic : Baba should please revert the phcn privatisation. I have it on good authority that shepopo bought majority of the Dc's(but she has people fronting for her).Yeye dey smell.

7 Likes

Re: Presidency Breaks Silence On Patience Jonathan's Whereabout by Nobody: 12:30pm On May 07, 2015
She really expressed her fear during campaign. I dnt think she will come back again. From congo to togo, from Togo to kotonu. But we need you in our nollywood industry, they will be featuring you with Okon, Mr. Ibu, osuofia and co.

Bring back our Mama Peace.

10 Likes

Re: Presidency Breaks Silence On Patience Jonathan's Whereabout by Nobody: 12:32pm On May 07, 2015
is she not big and old enough to take care of her sef?

mama p do ur tin, if u like sef travel go indian

we dey ur back

2 Likes

Re: Presidency Breaks Silence On Patience Jonathan's Whereabout by softmind24: 12:33pm On May 07, 2015
Ok
Re: Presidency Breaks Silence On Patience Jonathan's Whereabout by msmon(m): 12:33pm On May 07, 2015
NOTED
Re: Presidency Breaks Silence On Patience Jonathan's Whereabout by okooloyun1(m): 12:33pm On May 07, 2015
K
Re: Presidency Breaks Silence On Patience Jonathan's Whereabout by Nobody: 12:33pm On May 07, 2015
kazmanbanjoko:
Abeg, make she come back quick oooo. We are missing her comedy shows. Hit like if you miss her too.

keep begging for likes, na una know weda una dey use like cook soup

4 Likes

Re: Presidency Breaks Silence On Patience Jonathan's Whereabout by omenka(m): 12:33pm On May 07, 2015
Wow!! In Congo she is huh! cheesylipsrsealed

Hope she comes out alive. grin

5 Likes

Re: Presidency Breaks Silence On Patience Jonathan's Whereabout by intergral(m): 12:34pm On May 07, 2015
Missing in action!
Re: Presidency Breaks Silence On Patience Jonathan's Whereabout by freedom96: 12:35pm On May 07, 2015
Haa!She's been foud at last!I've been looking for her,even for Google no result.

2 Likes

Re: Presidency Breaks Silence On Patience Jonathan's Whereabout by omenka(m): 12:35pm On May 07, 2015
Equalizer:
Stone anyone who shouts Change!! - PEJ.

We don't like people from side; dem dey born throway!! - PEJ.

Peace indeed.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidency Breaks Silence On Patience Jonathan's Whereabout by lightheart(m): 12:35pm On May 07, 2015
Chai!

How tides change
Re: Presidency Breaks Silence On Patience Jonathan's Whereabout by gunther6(m): 12:35pm On May 07, 2015
Congo ko, exile Ni.... Thief

2 Likes

Re: Presidency Breaks Silence On Patience Jonathan's Whereabout by Blurry: 12:35pm On May 07, 2015
no need
Re: Presidency Breaks Silence On Patience Jonathan's Whereabout by hazyfm: 12:35pm On May 07, 2015
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Coup Scare: I Regret My Action, Will Be Careful In Future, Says Fani-kayode / 2 Killed On The Spot As Gunmen Open Fire On Voters In Delta. Graphic Photos / Peter Obi Live Interview On CNN (Video link and Picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.