Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,937 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:24 AM

I Made This Motorbike With My Bare Hands - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / I Made This Motorbike With My Bare Hands (14185 Views)

Nigerian Man Breaks Record, Rides To South Africa From Lagos On Motorbike / Re: I Made This Motorbike With My Bare Hands / Re: I Made This Motorbike With My Bare Hands (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Made This Motorbike With My Bare Hands by EZEKWIBE(m): 11:49am On Feb 06, 2009
I made this motorbike [prototype] with my bare hands, and it runs on alternative energy, Is very unfortunate that our local technology has not been receiving the push it deserves, but eventually I know we would get there,  well I won't bore you with all the blah blah. I only have this one question, is it not time we start looking inward?

Re: I Made This Motorbike With My Bare Hands by Muza(m): 11:53am On Feb 06, 2009
@ poster and thread,
this is the politics section not the bragging section
Re: I Made This Motorbike With My Bare Hands by MrCrackles(m): 11:55am On Feb 06, 2009
Isnt this a toy?

And by the way, you have posted in the wrong section, open your eyes next time!
Re: I Made This Motorbike With My Bare Hands by love4ucr(f): 12:01pm On Feb 06, 2009
well done!
Re: I Made This Motorbike With My Bare Hands by EastnEuSis(f): 12:15pm On Feb 06, 2009
Waoh! this is wonderful, this is a cool bike, what did you use to make it?
Re: I Made This Motorbike With My Bare Hands by EastnEuSis(f): 12:21pm On Feb 06, 2009
Muza:

@ poster and thread,
this is the politics section not the bragging section

MrCrackles:

Isnt this a toy?

And by the way, you have posted in the wrong section, open your eyes next time!

Why are we still surprised that Africa is backward, you don't expect this kind of reply from sane people, unless of course there is a hidden catch.
Re: I Made This Motorbike With My Bare Hands by MrCrackles(m): 12:22pm On Feb 06, 2009
EastnEuSis:

Why are we still surprised that Africa is backward, you don't expect this kind of reply from sane people, unless of course there is a hidden catch.

You are mad

I asked a question and gave an advice

Who the fuc.k are you to quote me?

I said "isnt this a toy" and i adviced he posted this on the appropriate section, you muppet!
Re: I Made This Motorbike With My Bare Hands by spikedcylinder: 12:23pm On Feb 06, 2009
@ OP

Why not post this in the Auto section? You might get better reviews there. smiley

@ mods, you might want to help him/her by moving it. wink
Re: I Made This Motorbike With My Bare Hands by asha80(m): 12:27pm On Feb 06, 2009

My sister what do you think is the hidden catch.  undecided

@poster
From some statements above nigerians will not appreciate what you have just done.I advice to go to south africa or maybe ghana or any country that is interested in what you have just done to showcase your feat.Forget nigerians.
Re: I Made This Motorbike With My Bare Hands by youngies(m): 12:33pm On Feb 06, 2009
Well done broda man, even if it is a 'toy'
Re: I Made This Motorbike With My Bare Hands by EastnEuSis(f): 12:41pm On Feb 06, 2009
MrCrackles:

You are mad

Who the fuc.k are you to quote me?

I said "isnt this a toy" and i adviced he posted this on the appropriate section, you muppet!

OMG look who's talking and how he speaks, is pure jealousy or tribalism, I have no time for you, just talk to the hand.
Re: I Made This Motorbike With My Bare Hands by Muza(m): 1:02pm On Feb 06, 2009
wait u actually believe that this liar made this picture he copied from a website with his bare hands,or didnt u see bare hands?
how can smone make a bike with his hands.
Re: I Made This Motorbike With My Bare Hands by plappville(f): 1:50pm On Feb 06, 2009
It could be that he made it himself, but if he is lying shame to him, I think we should learn how to appreciate our own handmade things, appreciate good things don by others. Even fela kuti don talk say na oyibo thing we dey like, bad habit.
Re: I Made This Motorbike With My Bare Hands by EZEKWIBE(m): 5:38pm On Feb 06, 2009
The motor bike was actually made from scrap here and there.
Re: I Made This Motorbike With My Bare Hands by EZEKWIBE(m): 5:42pm On Feb 06, 2009
@ OP

Why not post this in the Auto section? You might get better reviews there.

@ mods, you might want to help him/her by moving it.

That's really very kind of you, thanks a lot.
Re: I Made This Motorbike With My Bare Hands by Kobojunkie: 5:43pm On Feb 06, 2009
@Poster, isn't that a toy in the picture? What alternative energy did you use?
Re: I Made This Motorbike With My Bare Hands by Nobody: 5:47pm On Feb 06, 2009
if as the oposter claims he built it 'with his bare hands' i'd expect to see his garage /toolshed in the background.

by the background, the bike looks as if he dragged it to a photo op

anyway tell us what alternative energy your bike is running on
Re: I Made This Motorbike With My Bare Hands by EZEKWIBE(m): 5:49pm On Feb 06, 2009
love4ucr:

well done!

youngies:

Well done broda man, even if it is a 'toy'

EastnEuSis:

Thank you guys, is not a toy though
Re: I Made This Motorbike With My Bare Hands by asha80(m): 5:51pm On Feb 06, 2009
hmmm
Re: I Made This Motorbike With My Bare Hands by Kobojunkie: 5:52pm On Feb 06, 2009
It is not a toy? Could you please take a picture of yourself on the bike for us then @Poster. What I see in that picture looks so much like a toy. The wheels also lead me to believe it is. Please prove my doubting mind wrong!
Re: I Made This Motorbike With My Bare Hands by mustafar1: 5:55pm On Feb 06, 2009
can you please give some detail into what went into it. if you say u assembled it from scrap. that is like throwing a stone into the darkness. what kinda scrap? did u mean, u melted scrap metal and used the resulting ore to mold the different parts. some have asked wat u mean by alternate energy? is it groundnut oil, used cooking oil, solar, water, wind, hydrogen, oxygen, CO2, nitrogen, i could keep listing the list.

some claim its a toy, some claim its not. simply saying its not a toy doesnt convince my curious mind. i might know someone in the federal ministry of science and technology. that might be my reason for asking.
Re: I Made This Motorbike With My Bare Hands by Nobody: 5:55pm On Feb 06, 2009
abeg post yourself beside your 'invention ' if u aint BSing!

Re: I Made This Motorbike With My Bare Hands by texazzpete(m): 6:08pm On Feb 06, 2009
asha 80:

@poster
From some statements above nigerians will not appreciate what you have just done.I advice to go to south africa or maybe ghana or any country that is interested in what you have just done to showcase your feat.Forget nigerians.
plappville:

I think we should learn how to appreciate our own handmade things, appreciate good things don by others. Even fela kuti don talk say na oyibo thing we dey like, bad habit.

I'm really, really dissapointed in some Nigerians. Not those doubting him, i'm talking about the ones dumb enough to fall for this hook line and sinker.
Someone produces a bike with clean lines and well sculpted chassis and claims he made it with his bare hands and you fall for that? He talks about alternative energy and you're dumb enough to swallow that when he provides absolutely NO description of his work or any technical detail whatsoever?
he shows a photo with no object conveniently located near it so we can get a sense of the scale and it doesn't ring a bell in your heads?

While the poster should be ashamed of himself, the people that fell for this obvious hoax need to upgrade their glasses and IQ.
Re: I Made This Motorbike With My Bare Hands by Kobojunkie: 6:13pm On Feb 06, 2009
oyb:

Oyb, does that thing actually fly??
Re: I Made This Motorbike With My Bare Hands by EZEKWIBE(m): 6:15pm On Feb 06, 2009
Muza:

wait u actually believe that this liar made this picture he copied from a website with his bare hands,or didnt u see bare hands?
how can smone make a bike with his hands.

This is a very legitimate argument smiley but it depends on the way you look at it,  different people has different level of mental development, so you expect people to evaluate different information their unique way, people look at things from a 3D triangle perspective, is all about which ever  side you are, every piece of technology no matter how sophisticated was achieved by first the creative capability, then the hand to carry it out, there is no magic stick, believe me there is non.
Re: I Made This Motorbike With My Bare Hands by Nobody: 6:16pm On Feb 06, 2009
i think it did - some dude up north built it like two years ago

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-87638.0.html
Re: I Made This Motorbike With My Bare Hands by lucabrasi(m): 6:18pm On Feb 06, 2009
@poster
if you have been here long enough ,im sure you realise sarcasm and criticisms of any laudable achievements is second nature to most nigerians, ill give you the benefit of doubt simply because i dont see you asking any of us for money or soliciting for anything here,pls more grease to your elbows and keep doing your thing, china and the western world didnt get there in a day,
Re: I Made This Motorbike With My Bare Hands by texazzpete(m): 6:29pm On Feb 06, 2009
lucabrasi:

@poster
if you have been here long enough ,im sure you realise sarcasm and criticisms of any laudable achievements is second nature to most nigerians, ill give you the benefit of doubt simply because i dont see you asking any of us for money or soliciting for anything here,pls more grease to your elbows and keep doing your thing, china and the western world didnt get there in a day,

Even you?
-1000 Respect points for that. Take a look at oyb's photo of that helicopter and see how a handmade project should look like.

You should know by now that money is most often not the reason why people fake such stuff. All the guys who faked fossils were after fame and adulation, not money.

EZEKWIBE:

This is a very legitimate argument smiley but it depends on the way you look at it, different people has different level of mental development, so you expect people to evaluate different information their unique way, people look at things from a 3D triangle perspective, is all about which ever side you are, every piece of technology no matter how sophisticated was achieved by first the creative capability, then the hand to carry it out, there is no magic stick, believe me there is non.

All you have to do is take a photo of yourself beside the bike. If you don't want to do that, then take a photo of the bike beside an object we can use to scale it, such as a tree, a vehicle or another Human being.
Oya, provide more detail about the 'alternative energy'. Many people may be naive enough to believe the bike is the main breakthrough, but it's not. Any ape can build a crude bike. What the world needs is alternative energy sources. So what does this your 'creation' run on?
Re: I Made This Motorbike With My Bare Hands by Nobody: 6:36pm On Feb 06, 2009
texazzpete:

Even you?
-1000 Respect points for that. Take a look at oyb's photo of that helicopter and see how a handmade project should look like.

You should know by now that money is most often not the reason why people fake such stuff. All the guys who faked fossils were after fame and adulation, not money.

All you have to do is take a photo of yourself beside the bike. If you don't want to do that, then take a photo of the bike beside an object we can use to scale it, such as a tree, a vehicle or another Human being.
Oya, provide more detail about the 'alternative energy'. Many people may be naive enough to believe the bike is the main breakthrough, but it's not. Any ape can build a crude bike. What the world needs is alternative energy sources. So what does this your 'creation' run on?

photoshop here i come cheesy
Re: I Made This Motorbike With My Bare Hands by spikedcylinder: 6:42pm On Feb 06, 2009
Has anyone seen the OP's ID? Its possible o! tongue cheesy
Re: I Made This Motorbike With My Bare Hands by SkyBlue1: 6:52pm On Feb 06, 2009
oyb:

LOOOOL, Thanks for the laugh cheesy. Everyone post yourself beside your invention
Re: I Made This Motorbike With My Bare Hands by spikedcylinder: 6:56pm On Feb 06, 2009
Check my profile, I invented that white machine. tongue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

All U Need To Know About OBD3 / Difference Btw Benz CLK,AMG,KOMPRESSOR ETC / White Is The New Favourite Car Colour

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.