Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,657 members, 7,801,913 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:25 AM

Throwback On The Remains Of The Biggest Market In West Africa - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Throwback On The Remains Of The Biggest Market In West Africa (27663 Views)

The Origin Of Mammy Market In Army Barracks / Pictures Of Onitsha Main Market: The Biggest Market In Nigeria / ECOWAS To Implement Common Currency In West Africa – Official (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Throwback On The Remains Of The Biggest Market In West Africa by mubaarraq(m): 12:10pm On May 08, 2015
akunjohn:
Well,God dey sha.
Re: Throwback On The Remains Of The Biggest Market In West Africa by shammah1(m): 12:23pm On May 08, 2015
Because it is
pak:
I stay in Jos

And I'v always wondered why that market is referred to as the biggest?

1 Like

Re: Throwback On The Remains Of The Biggest Market In West Africa by pneumaticos(m): 12:25pm On May 08, 2015
shammah1:
Seconded, although we don't have a proof

there are proofs,but the northern generals are holding nigeria ransom

the power given to boko haram came from the generals especially babangida,
thats why i can never vote buhari though we dont have a good guy(gej) holding the affairs of nigeria

buhari can never be an option...

you will notice that since the pronouncement of buhari as the president elect,
there have been little riots here and there in the north

the norther psyche is,if we have our man up there ,we can do as we please

thank God for prayers
Re: Throwback On The Remains Of The Biggest Market In West Africa by shammah1(m): 12:27pm On May 08, 2015
Why are you linking attacks that happened since 2002 to Jonathan? Is this the level of your hate for him?
Chiefpriest1:
Never again! The human and material loss of the deadly attacks by boko haram have been simply incalculable.

May we never be led by a leader who blames every other person except himself for his own failings and failures. NEVER.
Re: Throwback On The Remains Of The Biggest Market In West Africa by ayindepremier: 12:28pm On May 08, 2015
this is the problem of this century, IGNORANCE!.
Jos Terminus Market was destroyed by crises between the ethnics groups in plateau state not terrorism or boko haram. pls, OP get ur facts right and less I forget ur mind too.

LearnSomething!
Re: Throwback On The Remains Of The Biggest Market In West Africa by shammah1(m): 12:28pm On May 08, 2015
Me too
pneumaticos:

there are proofs,but the northern generals are holding nigeria ransom

the power given to boko haram came from the generals especially babangida,
thats why i can never vote buhari though we dont have a good guy(gej) holding the affairs of nigeria

buhari can never be an option...

you will notice that since the pronouncement of buhari as the president elect,
there have been little riots here and there in the north

the norther psyche is,if we have our man up there ,we can do as we please

thank God for prayers

Re: Throwback On The Remains Of The Biggest Market In West Africa by SMGS(m): 12:35pm On May 08, 2015
The Onitsha Main Market is the biggest market in West Africa. You need to visit that city - so many markets. A different Market for every single thing you want to buy. Nigeria is great - I AM THE PRESIDENT OF NIGERIA
Re: Throwback On The Remains Of The Biggest Market In West Africa by Yujin(m): 12:49pm On May 08, 2015
AustineE1:
It was a terrible experience,i happen to be in Jos the very night it happened,that faithful day,i think on the 11th of Feb 2002 at about 11.30PM dark cloud hovered over Jos,it marked the end of an era,the end of beauty,the end of a master piece.
Prior to this, the tension in Jos was so palpable,the struggle for the ownership of Jos North between the indigenes(Berom) and the Hausas(settlers) got to its crescendo and the once spoken about most modern market in Africa became the victim of this inordinate ambition of the Hausa-Fulanis.
Though rumour also has it that the indigenes may equally have a hand in the disaster,whatever,the face of Jos will never be the same again.
You know the story very well. It was in February 2002 when the tension was still very high on all sides and IBB just visited the Tin city. Between it and Onitsha main market, I can't tell which is the biggest but one thing is certain, Jos Main market is the most organize market I've seen in Nigeria.
Re: Throwback On The Remains Of The Biggest Market In West Africa by Nobody: 1:04pm On May 08, 2015
englishmart:
gradually, they will blow all of themselves...
They thought they were punishing mr president....
..you dey mind them undecided

Mr. English, howya? smiley
Re: Throwback On The Remains Of The Biggest Market In West Africa by Nobody: 1:06pm On May 08, 2015
This jos market has never been bigger than Onisha market
Re: Throwback On The Remains Of The Biggest Market In West Africa by driand(m): 1:09pm On May 08, 2015
thefakestan:
[url][/url] don't know what to say, Still can't see the market.

Someone below me has something meaningful to say.
you knew you couldn't have had anything meaningful to say. grin
Re: Throwback On The Remains Of The Biggest Market In West Africa by 2kris(m): 1:13pm On May 08, 2015
I no say na terminus e go be....hhmmm just like yestaday...i go inside @ times..but go some certain sections u cant go in the market
Re: Throwback On The Remains Of The Biggest Market In West Africa by jnrbayano(m): 1:16pm On May 08, 2015
Angelou:
mr man don't feel on top of the world because onitsha main market is on wikipedia..... i might as well create a wiki account and write an article about oyigbo market also

Please do
Re: Throwback On The Remains Of The Biggest Market In West Africa by jnrbayano(m): 1:19pm On May 08, 2015
Remii:
wikipedia is not a status criteria, it is public arena, you can create your file on it. comment not aimed at relevance of Onitsha market.

Create one for your local market dear
Re: Throwback On The Remains Of The Biggest Market In West Africa by thefakestan: 1:34pm On May 08, 2015
driand:
you knew you couldn't have had anything meaningful to say. grin
Thanks for saying something meaningful.
Re: Throwback On The Remains Of The Biggest Market In West Africa by Lilimax(f): 1:55pm On May 08, 2015
Bonapart:
a non existing god!
Their god is illusion
Re: Throwback On The Remains Of The Biggest Market In West Africa by Nayok(m): 2:19pm On May 08, 2015
No, Jerusalem sad smh
MrBasketball:
Is this Mecca?
Re: Throwback On The Remains Of The Biggest Market In West Africa by driand(m): 2:22pm On May 08, 2015
thefakestan:

Thanks for saying something meaningful.
grin
Re: Throwback On The Remains Of The Biggest Market In West Africa by elbulk(m): 2:38pm On May 08, 2015
lalasticlala:

http://pulse.ng/events/photo-of-the-day-throwback-on-the-remains-of-the-biggest-market-in-west-africa-id3733262.html

point of correction it was the biggest indoor market in West Africa. It was blown in 2002 after the riots started in 2001 and hundreds of people didn't die as it was blown in the middle of the night.
i know the place so well as i grew up in Jos, there's nothing like it in this country.
Re: Throwback On The Remains Of The Biggest Market In West Africa by RichDad1(m): 3:42pm On May 08, 2015
Zonacom:

The jos main market was the biggest indoor market in west Africa during its glory days
The op should have emphasis on Indoor
Re: Throwback On The Remains Of The Biggest Market In West Africa by MrBasketball: 5:04pm On May 08, 2015
Don't tell me you don't know i was joking? undecided
Nayok:
No, Jerusalem sad smh
Re: Throwback On The Remains Of The Biggest Market In West Africa by Nobody: 5:17pm On May 08, 2015
o the great Jos terminus market cry cry. And all these kids that just had access to phone and thus info yesterday should just shut up and stop shouting Onitsha, aba and Alana here.
Re: Throwback On The Remains Of The Biggest Market In West Africa by 40dogzz(m): 5:28pm On May 08, 2015
Jay town's finest. The birth place of my oreintation. The weather, the baff ups, the correct nigiz & chichs, the lifestyle, the natural land scape, it is like yankee. Uj gon na die. I love jay, is still the best place to chill 4 real...
Re: Throwback On The Remains Of The Biggest Market In West Africa by PocoAPoco57: 6:13pm On May 08, 2015
Re: Throwback On The Remains Of The Biggest Market In West Africa by englishmart(m): 7:07pm On May 08, 2015
chimkaire:
..you dey mind them undecided
Mr. English, howya? smiley
I'm very well chimka, how are you too?
Re: Throwback On The Remains Of The Biggest Market In West Africa by Eminentsaint(m): 10:13pm On May 08, 2015
jnrbayano:
Bigger than Main market in Onitsha the only Nigerian market captured in/by Wikipedia?

At least to my knowledge (the bold)

shocked
Who told you people died? A small part of the market was blown by dynamite which sadly affected the foundation of the entire market. Please and please, if you don't know the truth, don't post lies for people okay?
Re: Throwback On The Remains Of The Biggest Market In West Africa by Nobody: 10:44pm On May 08, 2015
englishmart:
I'm very well chimka, how are you too?
very well cool
Re: Throwback On The Remains Of The Biggest Market In West Africa by jnrbayano(m): 6:53am On May 09, 2015
Eminentsaint:
Who told you people died? A small part of the market was blown by dynamite which sadly affected the foundation of the entire market. Please and please, if you don't know the truth, don't post lies for people okay?

Is like you quote someone before reading.

Who said someone died? Don't make caricature of yourself.

Be matured and apologise.
Re: Throwback On The Remains Of The Biggest Market In West Africa by engrchykae(m): 7:09pm On Jan 12, 2017
Bonapart:
a non existing god!
Their god is illusion
when the powers that be lost control of the mind of christians,they created islam which turned out to become an efficient tool of mind-control.islam builds a better and stable pyramid of social order than the rest of the religions.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ten Types Of People You Will Find In The Bank This Last Day Of BVN / How Much Does A Drum Of Engine Oil Cost? / Gtbank Internet Banking Issues

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.