Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,460 members, 7,808,643 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:42 PM

Adobe Photoshop True Ellae Creative Story - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Adobe Photoshop True Ellae Creative Story (3951 Views)

Ellae Creative Graphic Design Challenge Edition 2 / Creative Design Courses At Ellae Creative, Lekki, Lagos! / Start A Graphic Design Graphic Design Courses With Ellae Creative, Lekki, Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Adobe Photoshop True Ellae Creative Story by Ellaecreative: 2:56pm On May 07, 2015
Throwback to the beginning of "Adobe Photoshop".
The photograph titled “Jennifer in Paradise,” holds a special place in the history of digital photography: it’s the world’s first Photoshopped picture.
Photoshop creator John Knoll took the picture back in August 1988 while he and his girlfriend were on vacation. He never realised he would be laying the foundation for all graphic artists, creative designers and photographers around the world.
Stand out today and be an innovator with our Training Programme. Just click the link and sign up /1F6qIww, you never know what YOU may create.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Adobe Photoshop True Ellae Creative Story by Fetula4u: 5:07pm On May 09, 2015
Oga boss dis my number 4 whatapp put me thru plz
Re: Adobe Photoshop True Ellae Creative Story by DerrickM(m): 1:37am On Aug 01, 2015
@ELLAECREATIVE: Thanks for the throwback and brief history into Photoshop. Keep up the goodwork,best regards...

Ellaecreative:
The photograph titled “Jennifer in Paradise,” holds a special place in the history of digital photography: it’s the world’s first Photoshopped picture.
Photoshop creator John Knoll took the picture back in August 1988 while he and his girlfriend were on vacation. He never realised he would be laying the foundation for all graphic artists, creative designers and photographers around the world.
Stand out today and be an innovator with our Training Programme. Just click the link and sign up /1F6qIww, you never know what YOU may create.
Re: Adobe Photoshop True Ellae Creative Story by Jamesleo(m): 11:20am On Aug 08, 2015
Banjos Digital Studio Concept (BDSC) now offers superb training sessions for beginners and photographers who are seeking for advanced knowledge in the world of photography and cinematography. also offer event coverage such as wedding seminars burials and etc.
Are you a model join this train that lead to success of life.

Re: Adobe Photoshop True Ellae Creative Story by Jamesleo(m): 2:43pm On Aug 08, 2015
I’m Grateful for d sun in the morning & the moon at night. Grateful for Life & Health, Family & Friends. Grateful for today & always! Thank you my darling Jesus. Hav a wonderful night rest friends.
Re: Adobe Photoshop True Ellae Creative Story by Jamesleo(m): 2:52pm On Aug 08, 2015
Use your faith 2 believe that God has made you righteous, & all other things will be added unto you"- "How can I describe a God that's Indescribable, how can I explain, a Love that's Unexplainable, I'm @ a loss for words! My Heart Sings - Baba God thank You.

Re: Adobe Photoshop True Ellae Creative Story by Jamesleo(m): 5:49pm On Aug 08, 2015
helo friends nice moment, how is and business activities. how week end and all remember dat Jesus is coming very soon, no matter place u may be right now, hav two or ,more minutes to worship God, offer him some praises. remember in the Omnipotent God and I am i am,so he can bless ur work at any time.
Adebanjo James Adekunle's photo.

Re: Adobe Photoshop True Ellae Creative Story by Jamesleo(m): 8:58am On Aug 09, 2015
THE PREGNANT DEER - Such a beautiful story ! In a forest, a pregnant deer is about to give birth. She finds a remote grass field near a strong-flowing river. This seems a safe place. Suddenly labour pains begin. At the same moment, dark clouds gather around above
happy Sunday.

Re: Adobe Photoshop True Ellae Creative Story by Jamesleo(m): 11:07am On Aug 09, 2015
hummm dis is fantastic, Baba Iyabo with pakurumo dance, this is lovely for state elders dance like this. what about you, hope u dance for God to today for keeping u alive. Worthy to praise. happy Sunday.
make urself happy dance and sing on to Him for providing all ur needs, protect u from all evils even Boko Haram in d north east.

Re: Adobe Photoshop True Ellae Creative Story by Jamesleo(m): 7:40pm On Aug 10, 2015
Ellaecreative:

Re: Adobe Photoshop True Ellae Creative Story by Jamesleo(m): 7:58pm On Aug 10, 2015
although it shows moms, it definitely can go either way. There are dads who end up being both parents, and moms that do both. I have great respect to for all of them. keeping ur alive is by there power or grace. so tell ur mum todat u love her by taking care of her, mummy i love you for all u pass tru b4 my arival.

Re: Adobe Photoshop True Ellae Creative Story by Jamesleo(m): 9:47am On Aug 11, 2015
Two weeks after the death of the Ooni of Ife, Oba Okunade Sijuwade, some details have surfaced suggesting that the late monarch probably had a premonition of his death.

It is still unclear whether the Ooni of Ife, Oba Okunade Sijuwade, is actually dead
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Ooni of Ife, Oba Okunade Sijuwade,
The late king was said to have intimated a pastor that God had shown him how he will die and how he will be absent at the wedding ceremony of one of his children in the month of August. He was said to have also visited the Hour of Mercy Prayer Ministry, at Ojedeji Two, Moniya near Ibadan, to surrender his life to Jesus Christ where he gave his life to Christ. These claims were revealed by the General Overseer of the Church, Prophet Muhideen Kasali, while ministering during the August monthly night service, held at Ori-Oke Alaseyori, Moniya, over the weekend.

READ ALSO: New Details Emerge On Burial Rites For Ooni Of Ife

Kasali, who is blind, had earlier sang glowingly for over two hours in honour of the late Oba, recalling how Oba Sijuwade stormed the Church mountain and said he had come for the salvation of his soul, asking that the prophet pray for him.

Prophet Kasali said: “His royal father the late Oba, with all his wealth and majesty, came to this mountain of Mercy to surrender his life to Jesus Christ for the salvation of his life.” Oba Sijuwade said he was doing so because God had revealed to him that he (Muhideen Kasali) is a true prophet of God. Prophet Kasali said afterwards that he prayed for the Ooni and God received him and handed a certificate to heaven to him and the angels were happy for his redemption.

“Late Ooni told me that he was embarking on a journey very soon and I should take care of his family. At this point, I asked him about the marriage of his son coming up this month of August. He answered that he won’t be around to witness the marriage ceremony.

“On the day the late Ooni died, his spirit came to my residence at the Mount of Mercy, Moniya, at exactly 5:00 am and knocked my door. I woke my assistant, Bidemi, up after opening the door to ask if there was anybody asking for me. He said it was 5.00 am and nobody was looking for me. I asked spiritually and discovered it was the late Ooni that knocked the door to say goodbye.”

Report had surfaced last week that members of a fraternity entered into Oduduwa shrine and other sacred forests on Thursday, August 6, to perform further rites on the Oba’s transition.

1 Share

Re: Adobe Photoshop True Ellae Creative Story by Jamesleo(m): 7:14pm On Aug 11, 2015
Many Nigerian artistes were in attendance at the 4th edition of the Nigerian Teens Choice Awards 2015 including Seyi Shay,Denrele Edun, Lil Kesh, Alex Ekubo, Praiz and others at Transcorp Hotel Abuja on Sunday

The event is a platform organised to empower and support youths especially teenagers in the entertainment world including fashion, photography, sports, bloggers etc.

The founder of the award, Mr Nelson E. Williams said the event was a platform to develop young talents.

“It is to encourage and develop young Nigerians to reach the height of whatever they choose to do.

“The award has gained popularity and this 4th edition is bigger in terms of participation and awards, as we are giving 52 awards tonight.

“We received over 10,000 nominations and we had to screen them and reduce the numbers to about 600, as we have 50 categories of the award,” he said.

The winner of the Choice Female Artiste category, Efe Oraka, 16, expressed her gratitude to the organisers of the event for giving her the opportunity to be appreciated for her talent.

“I have been singing since I was nine and released my first album at 11.

“Though I did not think I stood a chance of winning, I am very proud to be named the winner”, she said.

READ ALSO: Denrele Edun’s Outfit To Nigeria Teens Choice Awards

The top artiste Toby, who performed at the event, said he hoped that more events like the NTCA will be organised to help young people.

“I think it is a very good forum, a very good platform for upp coming artists to showcase our talents and I think more shows like this should be springing up.

“So far I think it has been excellent, I have no complaints,” said Toby.

The CEO of the Centre for Cultural Savvy and Leadership Development (CCSLD) Nigeria, Rev. Osoba Otaigbe, offered all the awardees free mentoring, coaching and strategic leadership development as his own way of empowering Nigerian youths.

“To excel in their career, they need other soft skills beside technical competence.

“They need emotional and cultural intelligence, strong character, integrity, perseverance and can-do mentality.

“A lot of them know what to do, but how to do it is a bit of a struggle, so our aim is to mentor and strategically guide them,” he said.

Re: Adobe Photoshop True Ellae Creative Story by Jamesleo(m): 8:01pm On Aug 11, 2015
The daughter of President Muhammadu Buhari, Zahra, has received a new job as young woman posted some photos on her Twitter account.

Zahra becomes new ACE charity ambassador at large.

She has signed charity agreement and shaken hands with a member of board – Mrs Emem Opashi.

Zahra

President Muhammadu Buhari’s daughter Zahra.
ACE (Assisting caring and empowering) charity is a non-profit organisation making a sustainable, realistic and effective difference in the lives of Africans.

The mission of the organization is to re-define the meaning of charity in Africa while providing education, literacy skills and training to African children and youths.

READ ALSO: Zahra Buhari Shares More Pictures Of Her Father In London

Zahra, a medical microbiology student of the University of Surrey in England, is one of Buhari’s eight living children.

The president’s daughter first made public limelight shortly before the presidential election of March 28, 2015 when Buhari’s social media handlers released her pictures on Twitter, sparking several debates about her beauty and sex appeal.

Re: Adobe Photoshop True Ellae Creative Story by Jamesleo(m): 8:29pm On Aug 11, 2015
THE BIGGEST AFRICA SNAKE.
[TRUTH REVEALED] What Led To The Death of the World’s Biggest Snake – MUST READ

The world biggest snake, an Anaconda has been killed and they said it took them 37 days to kill it.

According to what was posted on a website with a photo of the Anaconda, explains it was found in Africa’s Amazon River and has killed 257 human beings and 2325 animals. It is 134 feet long and 2067 kgs. Africa’s Royal British commandos took 37 days to get it killed.

- See more at: http://www.linjust.com/truth-revealed-what-led-to-the-death-of-the-worlds-biggest-snake-must-read.html#sthash.0mFQoHpr.Idz1YpDX.dpuf

Re: Adobe Photoshop True Ellae Creative Story by Jamesleo(m): 9:12pm On Aug 11, 2015
Ellaecreative:
Popular Nigerian musician, Majek Fashek has been finally receiving rehab from his long-standing drug addiction and we have photos to prove.

The musician who was sponsored to the rehab home by High Chief Ayiri Emani who paid the full expense of the reggae musicians treatment.

Majek Fashek recovery 2
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter

Fashek received guests who came to see how the old musician was faring, also in attendance was ‎Monica Omorodion Swaida, who flew in from the States to see how fashek was doing.

READ ALSO: The Main Problem With Majek Fashek Is Not Drug – Veteran Raggae Artiste Reveals

She has been one of the most voice full individuals concerning the state of Mr Fashek’s health and her joy was shared by all.

Majek Fashek recovery 1
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Majek Fashek recovery 3
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter

READ ALSO: Just In: Majek Fashek Confirms Addiction To Drugs, Alchohol; Advises Youth

Majek Fashek recovery 4

Majek Fashek recovery 5

Majek Fashek first gained national fame on a television show in the early 1980s as a member of Benin-based reggae group Jastix. His bandmates included Ras Kimono and Amos McRoy Gregg. They toured for many years with fellow reggae group The Mandators.

Re: Adobe Photoshop True Ellae Creative Story by Jamesleo(m): 10:57pm On Aug 11, 2015
[color=#000099][/color]here are plenty of film festivals scattered across North America, including a number devoted to silent film. The Denver Silent Film Festival, Kansas Silent Film Festival, and Toronto Silent Film Festival have all made their mark in recent years. None, however, is as eclectic, long lasting, and well attended as the San Francisco Silent Film Festival. The event, which now stretches over five days and draws tens-of-thousands of people from all over the world, is regarded as the largest silent film festival in the Western Hemisphere.

If you have any interest in Sherlock Holmes or Dr. Who, Jazz Age flappers, world's fairs, or meeting an unique Academy Award winner--then you won't want to miss this year's Silent Film Festival. There is a little something for everyone. The annual event, which celebrates its 20th anniversary, is set to take place May 28th through June 1st. To celebrate 20 years of showcasing silent film--often times rare or restored prints and almost always with live musical accompaniment, here are 20 reasons to attend the 2015 event.

Re: Adobe Photoshop True Ellae Creative Story by Jamesleo(m): 6:36pm On Aug 12, 2015
How do you retain your top talent? How do you get the best from your team? Here are 22 simple ways to help you motivate your team.

1. Salary: Are you paying your people market rate? While you will never win with money, you need to be in the right neighborhood. If you aren't paying in the market range, you'll risk higher turnover with the costs associated with that turnover.

2. Benefits: For many of your team, especially those who are more "security" conscious, the benefits you offer are actually worth more than their true cost to your company.

3. Bonuses: Recognize that any bonus that is regularly paid quickly becomes part of the "base" in the minds of your team, a strategic bonus plan can be a great motivator and retention tool. Ideas range from setting up a semi-annual bonus for qualifying team members that is paid 90 days after the end date, and for which they must still be employed by your company to earn it at that date (by which time they will have earned half of their next semi-annual bonus, making it painful for them to walk away from); to bonuses for generating new business; to bonuses for innovative ways to lower your structural costs.

4. Commissions: For some of your staff, letting them earn "success fees" and "commissions" is a great motivator. The biggest mistake I see with sales compensation plans is to have too high and not enough of the earnings on commission (if in fact that is how you want to structure your sales team comp.) A sales team that earns too much on base is more concerned with selling you on not firing them than they are on selling more of your products and services.

5. Contests: Set a goal, have a clear way to measure progress that your team can visually see, and reward the result. The best contests bring a team together, either by setting a team challenge and reward, or by being playful enough that they let any competition be healthy competition, not destructive competition.

6. Great work environment: Do people like the feeling and atmosphere of your office? Do they feel good when they are at work? After all, they are spending 8+ hours a day there, give them an work environment that brings out their best.

7. Flexibility of schedule: Where possible, can you let your team schedule work around family commitments? Or give them the ability to feel in control of their own calendar? Obviously the job has to get done, and the nature of the work and your business will put some constraints there, but within those constraints you have a lot of room to be flexible. This costs you nothing, and can mean the world to your team. It can also be something they have to earn (as well it should.)

8. Work remotely (all or part time): This is one of the highest valued perks my team likes with Maui Mastermind. Not only does it cost you nothing, but likely it will reduce your costs as you have the need for less space in your office. Yes you have to work harder to improve communication and workflow, but this can spark you to increase quality and volume of output by your team.

9. Vacation time: Let your team earn more vacation time based on their performance. Whether this be you reward a team that came through on a big project with a 4-day weekend, or you let any team member who is in their 3rd year with you get a 3rd week of paid time off, vacation time is a sweet perk that many small business owners can use to retain top talent.

10. Unpaid time away: If you can't afford to pay them for those extra three weeks of vacation you want them to have, perhaps you can give them weeks 3, 4 and 5 off for that once in a lifetime trip, just without pay. Again, be creative here and keep this in your bag of tricks to use with individual situations of your top people.

11. Greater autonomy: This is a huge motivator for your team - letting them earn the ability to self-manage and to do things their way. After all, it's likely one of the strongest drives that compelled you to start your own business to begin with so why shouldn't it be as compelling to your team?

12. Greater responsibility: Your team will see that when they earn greater responsibility they are growing professionally. It's a sign that you trust them more, and that they are creating more value for the company. This is a powerful intoxicant for top producers. Of course if you give them greater responsibility you need to give them the authority to meet those responsibilities too.

13. Share information: Bringing a team member into the "inside" where you share key information with them is a clear signal that you value and trust them. On a lessor scale, even just sharing more mundane information with your team in an organized and regular way is a motivator as it keeps employees in the "know". It's a sign that you respect them. Often this motivator is employed in its opposite--by not sharing information - and the destructive, demotivating message of distrust and disrespect that sends.

14. Ask and value their input -- honor their voice: When was the last time you asked for a team member's opinion? Or confided in them asking for their help to solve a thorny issue? Asking your team for input on how to solve problems or to improve the company is a great way to engage your workforce. If you do this, make sure you are serious and not just paying lip service to their ideas. Your staff can smell insincerity a mile away.

15. Cool work: Is the work your team does inherently challenging and absorbing? Do you have the ability to hand off cool projects to your key team?

16. Feeling of growth: Do you have a plan in place to help your staff learn and grow? This can be as simple as taking time each quarter to give your team feedback and help them map out a plan of action to grow professionally. You do this with your managers and encourage your managers to do this with their teams.

17. Let them bring pets into work: From my experience, it is a great reward to bring a pet in to work versus the stress of finding a way to care for them while they are at work.

18. Let them bring their kids in to work (or work home to their kids): If you can swing the onsite day care, that can be a huge perk for your people. Obviously most small businesses can't afford this. But this can also be letting them bring a child in who has an afternoon off at school, or perhaps letting them work from home (mentioned above) if they have a sick kid. It can also having a contract with a local babysitter service and rewarding your core team with x days of sitting for when they need it during the work day.

19. Aspirational -- a path forward: Help your team map out a career with your company, not just a job. The clearer you paint that future picture with them the more committed they will be to doing great work and enhancing their capabilities to fit in with the future you paint for them.

20. A mission to be part of: Does your team move boxes or move the world? Do they feel connected to a higher calling with your business? At Maui Mastermind we "coach business owners" to grow their companies and reduce its reliance on them the owner. But our team all feel part of a company that changes lives - of our clients, of their staffs, of their vendors, of their customers, and of the families of all of these groups. We share stories of client's success. We start or end many meetings with reminders that we're not here to coach a business, but to bring the humanity back into building a business. (Yes you can grow your business and get your life back! You can build a company that gives opportunities and security to a growing team of employees.)

21. Relationship -- a personal connection: Be willing to forge deep personal connections with your team. Take the time to get to know them and their lives. Share about yours. I know that many business owners (myself included) hold ourselves back for fear of drama or awkward moments, but in general, we error too often on isolating ourselves from our teams. So take a team member out to lunch, organize a social event, ask them how their son is doing is school, and truly be open to connecting in an authentic way.

22. Identity -- how they see themselves: The team at Zappos see themselves in a special way. It's clear to me every time I order from them over the phone. The more you can get your team to identify with your company, to see their work with you as part of who they are, the more committed they will be and the happier they'll be working with you. So help shape how your team see themselves.

Re: Adobe Photoshop True Ellae Creative Story by Jamesleo(m): 7:56pm On Aug 12, 2015
Why Celebrate Photography?
Photography surrounds us in every moment and yet, we often don't realise how powerful the images we capture every day can be.

Today, we can share memories across the globe in seconds. Photography is an invention that has revolutionised the way we see the world. We can visit places without leaving our home. We can share adventures with friends in another city and we can watch grandchildren grow up thousands of kilometers away.

There was a time when photography didn't exist.

Re: Adobe Photoshop True Ellae Creative Story by Jamesleo(m): 8:13pm On Aug 12, 2015
Get Nostalgic
before So who the heck figured out the sophisticated science behind photography?

Some say the Frenchman Louis Daguerre inventor of the daguerreotype did while others are pretty sure William Fox Talbot inventor of the calotype did.

Whether you’re team Daguerre or team Talbot, both declared these two photographic techniques in 1839.

It was in that year that the French government announced photography on August 19th as “a gift to the free world.” And they were so right!

If you look to the right here, you can see one of Daguerre’s first photos which features a person standing on the sidewalk. Look closely. You’ll find him (or her?)!

Get inspired
before One of the best ways to get yourself clicking is to read up on inspiring photographers.

Here are a just few to get you kick started:

Pete Eckert: A blind photographer who didn’t give up on his camera despite losing his sense of sight.
JR: The Banksy of the photo world, JR is the 2011 TED Prize Winner and a photographer activist who’s turned the world’s streets into a photo gallery.
Yowayowa Camera Woman: Natsumi took the Project 365 concept one step further by capturing herself levitating in daily self portraits.
Vivian Maeir: Most knew Vivian as a nanny, but since John Maloof accidentally discovered 30,000 of her negatives –which revealed an incredible body of work– she’ll now forever be remembered as a legendary street photographer.
Off the Wall Projects
beforePhotographer’s block is real. The good thing about it is when you’re racking your brain for a new project you end up coming up with the wildest ideas.

Re: Adobe Photoshop True Ellae Creative Story by Jamesleo(m): 11:27pm On Aug 12, 2015
THE WORLD YOUTH DAY.
Get the word out. Teach all these things. AND DON'T LET ANYONE PUT YOU DOWN BECAUSE YOU ARE YOUNG... #YouthDay
Yemi Davids, Oluchi Umealu, The Strategist and 7 others

Re: Adobe Photoshop True Ellae Creative Story by Jamesleo(m): 4:16pm On Aug 13, 2015
Depression is a mental illness that impacts the lives of millions of people. Could laughing gas be the key to curing it?

Since laughing gas got its name because it makes me people happy, a lightbulb went off in a researcher's head at the Washington University in St. Louis : Why not use it to treat depression?

The results of their study -- published in the journal Biological Psychiatry -- patients diagnosed with treatment-resistant clinical depression received two therapeutic exposures to nitrous oxide gas. In the first treatment session, patients were given gas that was half oxygen and half nitrous oxide, similar to what you're given at the dentist.
In the second session, the patients were given gas that was a only mixture of oxygen gas and nitrogen gas, (so basically air). They were then asked to answer questions about their depressive symptoms, like insomnia, sadness, anxiety, and suicidal thoughts two hours and again 24 hours after the treatment.

24 hours after NO exposure, patients reported "mild" or "significant" improvement in their depressive symptoms. Three of the twenty study participants reported that their symptoms had disappeared almost completely. The researchers only analyzed the effects of nitrous oxide exposure after 24 hours, which isn't a lot of time to see "prolonged effect" and certainly too short of a time after treatment to be able to say that their depression was definitively "cured".

This was a proof of concept study: Since only 20 people participated, a much more statistically robust study with possibly hundreds of participants would be needed to make any conclusions about the effectiveness of nitrous oxide treatments on those with clinical depression. But these results are still encouraging.

Even if nitrous oxide does only cause short term improvements in depressive symptoms, it could be a good tool to treat immediate effects of the disease while patients and their doctors wait for prescribed psychiatric medications to take effect since it can take several weeks -- even sometimes as long as one month -- for patients starting on conventional psychotropic drugs to experience relief of their symptoms.

What do you think? Does this study give you hope for treating depression? Do you or someone you know suffer from depression? Would you be willing to try this new treatment? Let us know by leaving a comment down below.

Follow Crystal on Twitter: @polycrystalhd

Re: Adobe Photoshop True Ellae Creative Story by Jamesleo(m): 7:54pm On Aug 13, 2015
R. Kelly

The mercurial singer-writer-producer's 25-year track record stands on its own: writing or co-writing 30 Top 20 R&B singles for himself or with the Chicago-based group Public Announcement, chart-topping assistance for Puff Daddy, Sparkle and Kelly Price; and the first song to ever debut at Number One on the Hot 100, Michael Jackson's "You Are Not Alone." His ballads fly higher than anyone else's, his sex jams started evocatively naughty (1993's "Bump N' Grind"wink and ended up evocatively surreal (2005's "Sex in the Kitchen" and, of course, the 30-part "Trapped in the Closet"wink. "My talent is more than just sexual songs," said the only man who wrote for the Notorious B.I.G. and Celine Dion. "There was a time I desperately needed for the world to know that I was no-category guy. My whole goal in life was to reach that certain success where people will say, 'Hey, that guy can do anything. He's the Evel Knievel of music. He's jumping over 15 buses!'"

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/lists/100-greatest-songwriters#ixzz3iiogAJpz
Follow us: @rollingstone on Twitter | RollingStone on Facebook

Re: Adobe Photoshop True Ellae Creative Story by Jamesleo(m): 8:47pm On Aug 13, 2015
Madonna

Before she was a star, Madonna was a songwriter with a sharp ear for a hook and a lyrical catchphrase, playing tracks like "Lucky Star" for record companies in the hope of scoring a contract. Her earliest hits honed the electro beats coming out of the New York club scene into universal radio gold. But songs like her greatest statement, "Like a Prayer," can also summon an anthemic power to rival Springsteen or U2. Madonna has enlisted numerous collaborators en route to selling more than 300 million albums — she started working with longtime writing partner Patrick Leonard after he brought her "Live to Tell" in 1986, and from Shep Pettibone and William Orbit in the Nineties through Diplo, Avicii and Kanye West on 2015's Rebel Heart, she's worked successfully with producers across many genres. Through it all, her songs have been consistently stamped with her own sensibility and inflected with autobiographical detail. "She grew up on Joni Mitchell and Motown and. . . embodies the best of both worlds," says Rick Nowells, who co-wrote with Madonna on 1998's Ray of Light. "She is a wonderful confessional songwriter, as well as being a superb hit chorus pop writer."

Re: Adobe Photoshop True Ellae Creative Story by Jamesleo(m): 9:16pm On Aug 13, 2015
SAD NEWS FOUR BODY LOST AT HELICOPTER CRASH INTO LAGOS LAGOON.
Pls pray for families,
Bristow Helicopter Crashes In Lagos Lagoon
Clement Ejiofor Yesterday 311338

Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Send email
A helicopter flying in from Port-Harcourt owned by Bristow Helicopters crashed into the Oworosoki end of the Lagos lagoon around 3pm today. A total of 12 people were reportedly on board when the helicopter went down.
Speaking on the incident, Ibrahim Farinloye, NEMA spokesman said,”We don’t know exactly what happened but we have called the Nigerian mission control centre (NIMCC) to confirm the distress signal.” he said, adding that “the centre will ascertain this through the COSPAS-SARSAT, also known as the beacon, which is a hi-tech satellite based equipment made by Russia, USA and Canada for search and rescue purposes.”

According to Vanguard, three of those on board have died while four injured ones were moved to the nearby Gbagada General Hospital.

Re: Adobe Photoshop True Ellae Creative Story by Jamesleo(m): 9:41pm On Aug 13, 2015
YORUBA ERONU WO, COULD YOU PLS REMEMBER WHAT CHIEF ABFEMI AWOLOWO SAID ABOUT YORUBA.
The President, Rights Monitoring Group, Mr. Olufemi Aduwo, on Tuesday, backed a claim that the late sage, Chief Obafemi Awolowo, was the Yoruba leader when he was alive.

He expressed concerns that after the death of Awolowo, the position of Yoruba leadership had been devalued by politicians in the region because of their lack of vision to build on the legacies left behind by the late sage.

Aduwo said in a statement that the late Awolowo was unanimously elected as the leader of the Yoruba at a meeting convened by the then military governor of Western Region, Gen. Adeyinka Adebayo (retd), in the presence of leading traditional rulers and leaders of all shades of political opinions in the region.

He said, “The first level of leadership is position and when authority is conferred on a person. At that level, the person becomes a leader of the people because he has been elected or selected by the people to lead them.”

The activist said the late sage initially rejected the offer when the issue of Yoruba leadership was mentioned at the meeting, but later accepted it after some people pleaded with him to do so.

Adowo said right at the meeting, a motion was moved and was seconded, thus unanimously affirming the late Awolowo as the leader of the Yoruba people.

He said, “The then Ooni of Ife (Oba Adesoji Aderemi) confirmed the people’s wish by giving his royal and spiritual blessing to the selection of Papa Awolowo as Yoruba leader and bestowed the title of Asiwaju (leader) on him. Possibly, that was how the Asiwaju title came into vogue in Yoruba chieftaincy title across the land.”

The activist, therefore, called on all representatives of Yoruba in Cuba, West Indies, Brazil, Togo, Republic of Benin, Haiti and the southern part of Ghana to unite for the development of the race.

“The Yoruba across the world need a focused and trusted leader whose concern goes beyond local political arrangement in this 21st Century,” he said, asking all the prominent Yoruba monarchs to champion the cause.

Re: Adobe Photoshop True Ellae Creative Story by Jamesleo(m): 11:06am On Aug 14, 2015
YORUBA ERONU WO, COULD YOU PLS REMEMBER WHAT CHIEF ABFEMI AWOLOWO SAID ABOUT YORUBA.
The President, Rights Monitoring Group, Mr. Olufemi Aduwo, on Tuesday, backed a claim that the late sage, Chief Obafemi Awolowo, was the Yoruba leader when he was alive.

He expressed concerns that after the death of Awolowo, the position of Yoruba leadership had been devalued by politicians in the region because of their lack of vision to build on the legacies left behind by the late sage.

Aduwo said in a statement that the late Awolowo was unanimously elected as the leader of the Yoruba at a meeting convened by the then military governor of Western Region, Gen. Adeyinka Adebayo (retd), in the presence of leading traditional rulers and leaders of all shades of political opinions in the region.

He said, “The first level of leadership is position and when authority is conferred on a person. At that level, the person becomes a leader of the people because he has been elected or selected by the people to lead them.”

The activist said the late sage initially rejected the offer when the issue of Yoruba leadership was mentioned at the meeting, but later accepted it after some people pleaded with him to do so.

Adowo said right at the meeting, a motion was moved and was seconded, thus unanimously affirming the late Awolowo as the leader of the Yoruba people.

He said, “The then Ooni of Ife (Oba Adesoji Aderemi) confirmed the people’s wish by giving his royal and spiritual blessing to the selection of Papa Awolowo as Yoruba leader and bestowed the title of Asiwaju (leader) on him. Possibly, that was how the Asiwaju title came into vogue in Yoruba chieftaincy title across the land.”

The activist, therefore, called on all representatives of Yoruba in Cuba, West Indies, Brazil, Togo, Republic of Benin, Haiti and the southern part of Ghana to unite for the development of the race.

“The Yoruba across the world need a focused and trusted leader whose concern goes beyond local political arrangement in this 21st Century,” he said, asking all the prominent Yoruba monarchs to champion the cause.

[quote][/quote]

Re: Adobe Photoshop True Ellae Creative Story by Jamesleo(m): 12:52pm On Aug 14, 2015
UP LASPPAN ! UP LAGOS STATE!11
This message goes to all LASPPAN MEMBER, oR U ARE BEGGINER IN photoindustry
u can take foto and sell as well online.
How to Sell Photographs Online
We all like to take snaps don't we? Even those of us who aren't very good at photography love to have a go at capturing a few special moments with our cameras and phones.

But did you know that there are ways to make money from your photographs by selling them online?

Yes, that's right, your photo back catalogue (and more to the point, your future photo catalogue) could earn you a few quid if you know the right websites to add them to. There are tons of people who need to use photos and images everyday on websites, in magazines and brochures, on posters and elsewhere - and they are willing to pay photographers for the right to use them.

Now, don't get us wrong, unless you are a really exceptional photographer then you probably aren't going to make your millions selling your photographs online - but for any students with a bit of spare time, a decent camera and a good eye for a photo opportunity, selling photographs online can be a good way to make a bit of extra money without a great deal of effort.
photo
How Can I Make Money From My Photographs Online?
camera photo
There are a few different ways you can make money online from your photographs and each method has advantages and disadvantages. Some people make money by building up a popular online portfolio of photographs and selling advertising space next to them. Another method is to sell your photos for use on merchandise such as t-shirts, cups and calendars.

Other photographers build up a gallery and sell photographs directly to private clients - or make money from doing photo shoots once their name becomes well known.

The disadvantage with most of these methods, though, is that you usually have to have quite a lot of experience in photography - and a large portfolio of images to display.

So ... what if you don't have thousands of fantastic quality photographs at your disposal?

Well, one of the best ways for students to get started making money from photographs online is by taking advantage of stock photography websites.

Once you've signed up with one of the stock photography websites, you simply upload some of your photos and submit them for approval. If some of your photographs get accepted and someone spots one of your photos and wants to buy it - or at least a license to use it - then you will get a cut of the sales value from the stock photography website.

Re: Adobe Photoshop True Ellae Creative Story by Jamesleo(m): 10:01pm On Aug 16, 2015
COMING SOOOOOOOOON
WORLD PHOTOGRAPHY DAY
ARE A PROFESSIONAL PHOTOGRAPHERS.
If u are one of them across the world, let us join this of photographers celebrations.
try to get a soot dat impress the world, if can not do that pls forward to dis page i can help u out. forward it on website.let join hand together tlift photographic industries in Nigeria.

Re: Adobe Photoshop True Ellae Creative Story by Jamesleo(m): 7:37pm On Aug 18, 2015
MTN PROJECT FRAME,
Pls drop a commet, on reaction on Ben to one house mate in project frammme.
Now I see that the major issue with Nigerians is zero ability to comprehend simple things.

I said he was harsh. Nobody talked about anybody being wrong or right. He was harsh. simple!!! How do you go so hard on somebody who not committed a crime prior the very one you assume the person committed? What happened to correcting people with love? Again is Ben the Principal of the Academy? Ben just like the Camera and unnecessary attention
24 mins · Like

Re: Adobe Photoshop True Ellae Creative Story by Jamesleo(m): 9:07pm On Aug 19, 2015
Lagos Mob Sets Alleged Car Thief Ablaze
Oluwatobi Bolashodun 3 hours ago 6231

A suspected thief who was caught stealing a brain box from a car this morning, August 19, was reportedly beaten and set ablaze by an angry mob in Apapa area of Lagos state.

Thief 4
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
File photo of jungle justice being meted out to an alleged thief: Photo credits: Vincent Ehiabhi
The unfortunate incident took place at Isikalu street junction, Olodi-Apapa, when the young man was allegedly caught breaking into a car.

According to Pulse, the suspect was nabbed around 4am by some residents. After beating him thoroughly, he was tied down till about 6am until other residents woke up and met him.

The angry mob immediately set him on fire, ignoring suggestions that he should be handed over to the police, with some believing that he would be set free by the law enforcement officers.

READ ALSO: See What Happened To Alleged Thief Caught In Ikeja

An eyewitness at the scene said the youth brought used tyres, petrol and a match box with which they used to burn the suspect, causing traffic jam in the area.

“People in the area are not happy about how the brain boxes of their vehicles usually develop wings overnight. Many vehicles in the area have been vandalised and many of the parts removed,” he said.

Meanwhile, a 27-year-old robbery suspect identified as Ahmed Rewanu has alleged that the police arrested him with the aid of charm because he was caught by surprise, with no option for escape.

Re: Adobe Photoshop True Ellae Creative Story by Jamesleo(m): 11:05pm On Aug 19, 2015
Nigerians React To Story Of Fugitive 'ISIS Leader'
Clement Ejiofor 14 hours ago 121348

Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Send email
The story of a radical Islamic preacher who tried to flee to Nigeria, witnessed aftergrowth as the authorities wondered how the fugitive terrorist had received a Nigerian visa in Lebanon.

Ahmad al-Assir, who had been in hiding for two years, over the weekend was seized at Rafik Hariri International Airport in Beirut trying to board a plane to Nigeria. Al-Assir is also believed to have ties with the Islamic State group. He was locally tagged the “emir” of the ISIS branch in Lebanon.

Al-Assir changed his look and used a fake passport in an attempt to board a plane
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Al-Assir changed his look and used a fake passport in an attempt to board a plane
On Tuesday, August 18, President Muhammadu Buhari was said to have urged the Ministry of Foreign Affairs to investigate the issue and provide an adequate explanation. This comes amid the government’s attempt to wipe out the Boko Haram insurgency in the northeast of the country.

READ ALSO: 9-Yr-old Yoruba Boy Writes Letter To Boko Haram (Photos)

The whole story raised fears among Nigerians, as Boko Haram earlier this year pledged its allegiance to ISIS, which is considered to be the richest and one of the most powerful terrorist groups in the world.

Reacting to the development, anti-Buhari readers blasted the incumbent president. Some even accused him of intentionally covering up terrorism.

Onu Promise Onyinyechukwu: “Buhari invited his colleague is an expected thing boko haram and Isis hv the same vision sai buhari.”

Oforkansi Virginus: “Boko haram plegde allegiance to ISIS and Buhari is the leader of Boko harem,so the two leaders want to meet and discuss the way foward for their terrorist organizations.”

collage
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter

Bashir Abdullahi: “Sai buhari, thanks for invite isis leader.”

Jacob Okenyi: “Ask Mr president integrity, who gave the military three months to wipe out boko haram. Maybe he invited this terrorist to help the military as part of the helps promised by the American government. This regime is too deceptive.”

The others, however, wondered why President Buhari had fallen under criticism. They called for a thorough investigation of the matter.

Chinwe Igbo: “Our president deserves some respect pls… Remember God is watching all of us, if u will feel bad when accused falsely do not accuse someone else falsely too, most of u accusing our president of terrorism when called upon will not be able to prove anything so be warned, and learn to pray for our government than criticising them.”

Ibrahim L Dibal: “We should pray for d head well n stop d pointing finger .let just use the time to fish out d solution to d problem.”

Based on the comments, one thing is common for everyone though: everyone is concerned, everyone is scared that ISIS might extend its activities to Nigeria.

Mojirade Emmanuela Abidola: “Oh my God. So, Isis leader was on his way coming to nigeria before arrested!”

Emeka Chima: “Dis is nt a suprise, few weeks ago i saw d new map of ISIS, nigeria is among d nation they said they wil capture b/4 d year 2020. D questn is can nigeria stop them?”

Nnaemeka Enemchukwu: “ISIS leader with nigerian visa, when sheakau is still blasting every where. Nigeria is finished, dead and buried.”

(1) (2) (Reply)

25 Insane Optical Illusions That Will Leave You Dazed And Confused / A Nairalander's Drawing Of Another Nairalander (is It You) Episode 2 / Plastic Business Cards Inspiration (17Unique Examples)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 134
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.