Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,288 members, 7,807,971 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:42 AM

Amaechi Refuses To Set Up Transition Committee - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amaechi Refuses To Set Up Transition Committee (18325 Views)

Rivers State Governor-elect Sets Up Transition And Inauguration Committees / List Of Members Of The Presidential Transition Committee / Amaechi Refuses Accreditation, Says Result Sheets Missing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amaechi Refuses To Set Up Transition Committee by millionaireman: 4:10pm On May 07, 2015
But INEC gave Wike certificate of return. So if Gov Amaechi refused to set up transition committee, he is offending the constitution.

He may be called upon anytime to face the law.

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Refuses To Set Up Transition Committee by Cutesexy1(f): 4:11pm On May 07, 2015
was here
Re: Amaechi Refuses To Set Up Transition Committee by obuduman: 4:12pm On May 07, 2015
smh amaechi shekau of south south!

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi Refuses To Set Up Transition Committee by uscofield: 4:14pm On May 07, 2015
If it were in my power, official hand-over for governors should be done a week before may 29...weda or wedant Amaechi must hand -over

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Refuses To Set Up Transition Committee by synergycom19: 4:18pm On May 07, 2015
Did Amechi owned the state?what non sense are we hearing ,so the people must vote Apc?this is greater than madness.
Re: Amaechi Refuses To Set Up Transition Committee by jaykalas: 4:18pm On May 07, 2015
Trailblazer1:
While people from the North and Southwest are busy singing the praises of Amaechi calling him a lion who defeated jonathan, those that still love the truth know that Amaechi has no political value both in Rivers State and in the Southsouth, stemming from the fact that he only contributed a meagre 28,000 votes to Buhari's victory while losing a whopping 1.4million votes to GEJ even after 8years in power as a governor.
Worst still, he is so much hated by his own people for using their common wealth to sponsor the ambition of a northerner against their son.
No matter the federal appointment that will be given to Amaechi, he remains the worst loser as charity as the say begins at home.
After frustrating the smooth transition of power to his successor Wike, I'm sure Amaechi does not plan to step into Rivers state for the next 8years.

The name Amaechi has become a curse to his people.
.. U r a fool., amaechi is d pride of the niger delta who succeded in kicking d clueless one back to otueke

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi Refuses To Set Up Transition Committee by stevkc: 4:21pm On May 07, 2015
Engr ste vkc reporting.This afternoon as I was coming from Owerri town to Mbaise.I met a building brought down by fire near a popular fuel station cossi.but as God could make it,the fire did not get to the fuel station.it would have been another tale by now.

Re: Amaechi Refuses To Set Up Transition Committee by millionaireman: 4:22pm On May 07, 2015
loomer:
If him no wan set up committee, make una leave am, by 29th him go still pack him load Unless the world end

No. How does Amaechi's successor know what and what belongs to Rivers state, how much assets and liabilities have Rivers state, etc.?

If Amaechi refuses to hand over properly to Wike, Amaechi has written another suffering text for Rivers people.
Re: Amaechi Refuses To Set Up Transition Committee by prophetfire: 4:26pm On May 07, 2015
Trailblazer1:
While people from the North and Southwest are busy singing the praises of Amaechi calling him a lion who defeated jonathan, those that still love the truth know that Amaechi has no political value both in Rivers State and in the Southsouth, stemming from the fact that he only contributed a meagre 28,000 votes to Buhari's victory while losing a whopping 1.4million votes to GEJ even after 8years in power as a governor.
Worst still, he is so much hated by his own people for using their common wealth to sponsor the ambition of a northerner against their son.
No matter the federal appointment that will be given to Amaechi, he remains the worst loser as charity as the say begins at home.
After frustrating the smooth transition of power to his successor Wike, I'm sure Amaechi does not plan to step into Rivers state for the next 8years.

na lie.
Re: Amaechi Refuses To Set Up Transition Committee by Orikinla(m): 4:30pm On May 07, 2015
Yungwizzzy:
Amechi the most stubborn politician in Nigeria!! grin

Re: Amaechi Refuses To Set Up Transition Committee by prophetfire: 4:30pm On May 07, 2015
millionaireman:
But INEC gave Wike certificate of return. So if Gov Amaechi refused to set up transition committee, he is offending the constitution.

He may be called upon anytime to face the law.
na lie. Transition committee is not in the constitution or our laws.its not mandatory.its an accepted practise though but not a legaly mandatory.
Re: Amaechi Refuses To Set Up Transition Committee by lwise(m): 4:31pm On May 07, 2015
I don't expect Buhari to include Amaechi in his transition committee for the singular fact that he refuses to initiate a transition process is his state.
People like this should not be seen with Buhari,he is nothing but a BAD BLOOD.
Re: Amaechi Refuses To Set Up Transition Committee by Orikinla(m): 4:32pm On May 07, 2015
obuduman:
smh amaechi shekau of south south!

Re: Amaechi Refuses To Set Up Transition Committee by doctokwus: 4:32pm On May 07, 2015
Yes,Wike will be sworn in as governor of Rivers state on May 29,but Amaechi refuses to sanction the charade called elections in Rivers state and expects the tribunal to almost certainly order fresh elections in Rivers state hence his not forming a transition committee.
Where I fault Amaechi however is that he should understand he is being payed back by Karma.When Amaechi was supervising d sham of elections in 2011 where he also oversaw the writing of results that returned 98% votes for GEJ and himself,he never contemplated that d same template he used in 2011 would also be used against him by d same agents and foot soldiers he used then.
Now the chicken has come home to roost and he can suddenly now differentiate right/light from wrong/ darkness.
I just pity Rivers people however because Wike is one of the biggest mistakes ever imposed on them.

4 Likes

Re: Amaechi Refuses To Set Up Transition Committee by ifyan(m): 4:33pm On May 07, 2015
If this is true.

Then Nigerians be prepared for what to come.

GEJ gave us freedom to the extent of calling his government Clueless.

Now for the new government hmmn.
Re: Amaechi Refuses To Set Up Transition Committee by Ebonymiss: 4:37pm On May 07, 2015
He's cup of water
Re: Amaechi Refuses To Set Up Transition Committee by ifyan(m): 4:38pm On May 07, 2015
lwise:
I don't expect Buhari to include Amaechi in his transition committee for the singular fact that he refuses to initiate a transition process is his state.
People like this should not be seen with Buhari,he is nothing but a BAD BLOOD.

Are you serious or am l seeing different.

My bro remember he said he will deal mercilessly with CORRUPTION but check the people around him.

My bro don't be surprised of drama that will unfold to come.

You know. .....
Re: Amaechi Refuses To Set Up Transition Committee by Darlduchi: 4:39pm On May 07, 2015
Please This guy isn't an Ibo Man, better address him as Rotimi, that is the name he is comfortable with, even the yoruba media through out the campaign period addresses him as Rotimi

Trailblazer1:

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi Refuses To Set Up Transition Committee by GeneralGP04: 4:43pm On May 07, 2015
Amaechi has nothing to loose. He didn't contest with anybody. Stop saying he lost. GMB my Hero
Amaechi the Master planner.
#haters can kiss my feet
Re: Amaechi Refuses To Set Up Transition Committee by afuye(m): 4:51pm On May 07, 2015
since when Amaechi Refuses To Set Up Transition Committee... grin grin grin grin
Trailblazer1:

When did stubbornness become a virtue to be admired undecided
Re: Amaechi Refuses To Set Up Transition Committee by Joeoku78: 4:51pm On May 07, 2015
Trailblazer1:

Take it or leave it that there was no governorship election in rivers state. Court of tribunal will nullify that election and order for a fresh election. Thesame thing applicable to Abia state.
We told you igbos that Buhari will win the presidential election but I was called names that I am a fake Igbo man when the handwriting was clear that jonathan will crash. This time the court of tribunal will annull rivers and Abia governorship results

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi Refuses To Set Up Transition Committee by Joeoku78: 4:55pm On May 07, 2015
Amaechi was right because there was no election in Rivers state.

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi Refuses To Set Up Transition Committee by major466(m): 4:56pm On May 07, 2015
Gejpresident:
Thank You President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan.

I have lost part of me, my heart is broken and my
eyes hurt. I don't know why I feel this way,
maybe because of the Love I have for you, I love
you not for sentiment sake, but for your gentility
and peaceful nature.

I have learnt to be peaceful in every situation, you
have made to us understand that PEACE
surpasses war, you have taught me to accept
defeat when situation calls for it.. One thing is to
fall another to rise again, you have not fallen, you
still remain the peaceful hero, I respect your
nature, I love your Spirit,

I admire your
gentleness.. I will never forget you, my children
will hear of you, that once upon a time we had
the most peaceful man as President. Your good
heart will speak volume for you and your children
in your future endeavors. Power is one thing and
God is everything, Thank you for choosing the
Path of PEACE,

Thank you for being yourself
without being pushed around and thank You for
being my President, God will not forsake you.
Your name will never be erased till the end of
time.

If I'm to make a wish, I will wish you to
return as my President. But as destiny would
have it, I will accord my respect to the new
President.. Let the smiles on your face never be
erased. Stay well my President. Don't lose hope
cause TOMORROW IS BIG.. I love you Dr
Goodluck Ebele Jonathan.

as apc destroy your government with insurgents and propaganda

I wish apc government failure till 2019

Re: Amaechi Refuses To Set Up Transition Committee by badesco(m): 5:01pm On May 07, 2015
Ameachi is very a arrogant person, who is too full of himself. it is now too late for him to cry when the whole head is cut off, so whether he likes or not, handing over must take place in Rivers State come May 29th, 2015. We have seen in the past when an out going Governor was not in the country to hand over to his successor, guess what happen? The incoming Governor was sworn in the absence of the outgoing Governor. The constitution does not compel either a President or Governor to personally handover.
Re: Amaechi Refuses To Set Up Transition Committee by yusufbida(m): 5:03pm On May 07, 2015
Trailblazer1:

What is ds person saying abt Right Hounarable Amaechi Alias The Lion?
Re: Amaechi Refuses To Set Up Transition Committee by Chigold101(m): 5:05pm On May 07, 2015
Trailblazer1:
PORT HARCOURT : Failure of governor Chibuike Amaechi to set up a transition committee to interface with the one constituted by the governor elect in Rivers state, Bar Nyesom Wike has been described as an act of impunity.
Secretary of the Transition Committee set up by the Governor Elect, Hon Frank Owhor who briefed the media Thursday at the chamber in the office of the Deputy Governor, old Government House, Port Harcourt said the constitution of Transition Committees by the Governor Elect and the outgoing governor had been the practice in the nation’s democracy since 1999.

Owhor who said it was unfortunate and hypocritical that governor Amaechi who allehedly refused to set up a Transition committee in his state after his candidate lost the guber election was busy in Abuja as a member of a transition Committee interfacing with the one set up by the federal government to ensure smooth transition of power on May 29 .

“In the current democratic dispensation the federal government t led by President Goodluck Jonathan has already set up a transition committee .
President-Elect General Mohammadu Buhari has also set up his transition committee which incidentally has governor Rotimi Chibuike Amaechi CON, as a member.

Unfortunately the outgoing government of Rivers state led by governor Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi has refused , failed and neglected to set up its transition commiittee. It is ironic , hypocritical and smacks of double standards that the outgoing governor of Rivers state, Hon Chibuike Amaechi who is a prominent of the transition committee of the President Elect has rejected all.entraties for a peaceful transition in the state..”, he said.
Continuing the Transition Committee of the governor elect said all efforts it had made to interface with the state government were rebuffed.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/05/amaechi-accused-of-refusal-to-set-up-transition-committee/#sthash.44G4xpc0.dpuf
the bolded is just my point
Re: Amaechi Refuses To Set Up Transition Committee by HzRF(m): 5:14pm On May 07, 2015
jaykalas:
.. U r a fool., amaechi is d pride of the niger delta who succeded in kicking d clueless one back to otueke
But couldn't kick dakuku into the brick house

Ur Mumu is in HD

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amaechi Refuses To Set Up Transition Committee by Nobody: 5:19pm On May 07, 2015
ziqqz:
1. We always need to hear both sides of the story.
2. Abeg shift, he is serving a greater purpose at federal level.
what manner of a guy are you? he is serving a bigger purpose @ the federal level leaving his state even when d constitution demands he sets up a transition committee? you really need to have your skull examined

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Refuses To Set Up Transition Committee by chinenye80: 5:23pm On May 07, 2015
Otenestbestyaho:
Amaechi is a loser

But where there any election in Rivers at all? Is annoying for some persons to sit down and list all federal houses and state houses to their party alone not minding.
Re: Amaechi Refuses To Set Up Transition Committee by Charly68: 5:30pm On May 07, 2015
Ameachi knew that Wike didn't win that election,he can not last long as a Governor before they send him packing at tribunal. Though he may struggle to Appeal court but in any case the man won't be allowed to rule . These people know themselves more than we masses know them. He has used federal might to rig the election but in a moment of time he will loose the federal might so how far will his state might take him. Amaechi should just allow things to run smoothly before justice takes it's course. Look at the mindless killings in the name of election..

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi Refuses To Set Up Transition Committee by Nobody: 5:32pm On May 07, 2015
remember007:
what manner of a guy are you? he is serving a bigger purpose @ the federal level leaving his state even when d constitution demands he sets up a transition committee? you really need to have your skull examined

bros. I for answer you o
but as I look dat ur stroooong face ehn...
I just advise myself
bros bros...lol carry go jhoor

*imbe.cile*
Re: Amaechi Refuses To Set Up Transition Committee by ayoromer: 5:36pm On May 07, 2015
amachi is afraid to handover because he can not give account he used rivers money niger delta oil money to fund aboki cow rearer to be president abi buhari can not fight corruption because he wil fight amachi first n buhari was not to put amachi in his own transn knowing dat amachi is an outgoing govt our oil money wil kill them on sit as it did to many in aso rock.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Bandits Kill Soldiers, Kidnap Motorists In Zamfara / Another Plane Crash Averted As Aero Contractor Plane Engine Packed Up / Ayade Orders Demolition Of Armed Robbers And Kidnappers’ Houses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.