Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,402 members, 7,808,436 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:57 AM

Can One Slap His Wife In This Case? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can One Slap His Wife In This Case? (36256 Views)

Man Insists On Paying Extra Bride Price After Seeing His Wife In This Dress / Judge This Case / Sex Secrets Of Nigerian Wife In The US Uploaded To Youtube (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can One Slap His Wife In This Case? by ademega(m): 7:19am On May 08, 2015
I am not in any way in support of raising a finger at a woman. I consider it barbaric .In fact, only a mentally disabled man will beat and beat his wife at the slightest provocation .

Having said the above , and with a thread a nairalander opened yesterday about her friend that was always receiving the beating of her life from her husband,the story of my step brother came to my mind .

Before my brother got married,he was this gentle, quiet, caring, loving and hard working type. He got married to this beautiful and also easy going lady. We were all happy about the union and expecting a kind of union that will be a model for us his younger ones.

There was this evening we received an unusual call from the wife saying my brother has been giving her the beating of her life since morning . That he has nearly killed her. Immediately she dropped the call, her mum called again that if anything should happen to her daughter that my mum and the whole family would be responsible and in for it. Her younger sister called again, calling my brother unprintable names and giving different kinds of warnings, if anything should happen to her sister.

This destabilsed us in the house. We were confused. Nobody has ever reported my brother in the house before, hence it was strange. We called my brother but he didn't even pick .

To cut the long story short, my brother eventually came home after three days to actually explain what happened.
He said since he got married to the popularly believed gentle,innocent girl, it has been horror for him. He said he has been trying to protect that good quality popularly believed by the family, and that was the reason why he has not reported her newly discovered characters to anyone and was hoping that she would change sooner .

He said for the past two years, that his wife slapped or beat him on the slightest provocation. He showed us old and new wounds all over his body. He said he has been enduring it all these while . He further said he noticed his wife was becoming stronger and happy with her actions because every time she would introduce new styles of beating him.

He said on this faithful day, there was an argument and before he could say one or two words, one, two slaps don land gidigba for his face. She didn't stop there, but went further to use her high heel shoes on him. Not yet done she went further to bite him severally ( the hand bite almost resulted in Whitlow). We saw with our eyes all the injuries inflicted on him . In fact, my younger brother had to ask him if his legs and hands were tied together while all these were going on. He said he was just smiling and trying to hold her together .

After all these, he said he had to talked to himself: for how long would these continue? He said his wife was doing all these just because she knows his position towards beating a lady, and before they got married he had one time or the other condemned men that do beat their wives and even called them animals.

The wife having realised this, was now doing the beating and expecting the husband to keep to his words and be strong in his conviction .

He said on this particular day, when his wife had finished doing her worst, he went to her ( not in anger but intentionally) and told her that what he was about to do is necessary at this point . That he wanted to prove one thing, which is , not that he doesn't have the power to beat but he has vowed not to in his life and seeing the type of woman she is, he has to prove this point today.

He first begged for forgiveness from God and her, and then, immediately, he landed two hot slaps on her face which caught her unawares and her jaw dropped.

Immediately he did this ,she went straight to pick up her phone and started calling her relatives and telling them lies that he has nearly finished her with beating .

In this case , what is your judgement ?

55 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Can One Slap His Wife In This Case? by sluk(m): 7:27am On May 08, 2015
He did a nice job

291 Likes 22 Shares

Re: Can One Slap His Wife In This Case? by honeric01(m): 7:31am On May 08, 2015
Before doing this, he should have in one of these incidents recorded the beatings he got from the wife so as to show as evidence when the blackmail starts.

Any woman that beats a man deserves to be beaten.. call me old fashion i don't care..if you have the power to beat a man, you should have the strength to receive same beatings.

292 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Can One Slap His Wife In This Case? by akinboyepelumi9: 7:35am On May 08, 2015
The Man is to be blame jare, Why didn't he report her to her Family?? I am sure the family knows her true Colour, and would have mentioned it in the process of rebuking her. She might have been the area fighter and pretend to be "Madam Peace" whenever she's with him and his family.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can One Slap His Wife In This Case? by anthoniaz(f): 7:40am On May 08, 2015
She deserved it.What insolence sad

48 Likes

Re: Can One Slap His Wife In This Case? by timawoku(m): 7:46am On May 08, 2015
Hmm...

'This uprising will bring out the beast in us'

If I were to be him, I would leave the house for some days, then come back to check if her senses are back. I would do so until I find solace outside and that might spell doom for the marriage. But I won't bring out the beast in me.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Can One Slap His Wife In This Case? by Nobody: 7:57am On May 08, 2015
If I were to be him,I go beat am eee

Smh for women.

Give them one shoe,they will look for the other size.

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Can One Slap His Wife In This Case? by Ishilove: 8:08am On May 08, 2015
After all these, he said he had to talked to himself: for how long would these continue?

Good, it means he borrowed himself brain. He did the right thing, although I feel he should have reported her to her family first, with the warning that if she lay her hands on him again, he would not be responsible for his reaction. Now she has made him look like the bad person.

The gentility of the tiger does not signify weakness. I have brothers and I will not sit back and watch them being abused, the same way they won't fold their hands if I am suffering spousal abuse. He did the right thing and I applaud him. Hopefully, the slaps may have succeeded in restoring her to her default settings. If it didn't, report her to her family. If that still doesn't work, kick her butt out of the house and only readmit her after she has learnt to tame her inner Floyd Mayweather.

Rubbish angry

80 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Can One Slap His Wife In This Case? by OduaMercenary: 8:10am On May 08, 2015
She deserves worse.

Women ehn! Chai God help us

2 Likes

Re: Can One Slap His Wife In This Case? by msmon(m): 8:10am On May 08, 2015
READing!

*modified*

The first she does that, we could say 'Oh, she was angry and unconscious'.

The second time she does that we can still find an excuse and call it coincidental, 'such will never happen again''! But the third time signifies intention. What I would have like to know which the OP didn't report is her actions afterward, maybe she use to sho remorse and apologize but all that doesn't matter anyway.

I have to salute that man's courage to manage the crisis he actually over-manage bad thing, he should have reported her to parents and relative after the 3rd occasion and warn that he's going t divorce (you don't have a wife if u got beaten by ur so called wife every now an then) her when such happen again.

He should not have allowed her break the covenant with God. I will suggest he divorce her!
not that he doesn't have the power to beat but he has vowed not to in his life and seeing the type of woman she is, he has to prove this point today.

6 Likes

Re: Can One Slap His Wife In This Case? by umarc19: 8:10am On May 08, 2015
I'm relly really sad it took him so long before he gave her those warning slaps.., but I assure u that gradually 'Parade go change gear' grin

11 Likes

Re: Can One Slap His Wife In This Case? by ionsman: 8:11am On May 08, 2015
There's always a limit to everything... The man was pushed to the limit.He did the right thing.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can One Slap His Wife In This Case? by generaluthman: 8:12am On May 08, 2015
So busy...

De General
Re: Can One Slap His Wife In This Case? by NaijaOptimist: 8:12am On May 08, 2015
Lady hulk hogan.

2 Likes

Re: Can One Slap His Wife In This Case? by RobinHez(m): 8:13am On May 08, 2015
I know the african stance on marriage and divorce but back in the states, the man would divorce the wife and file an assault suit against her......she's goinng to jail man!!

One other thing....i hate it when in-laws interfere in (especially) a man's private issue. They think they can just boss the man around, they even go as far as threatening at any slight misunderstanding.

GOD HELP ME IF I DONT LOCK THE WHOLE FAMILY IN JAIL!

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can One Slap His Wife In This Case? by Mishydoo(m): 8:13am On May 08, 2015
Against wife beating my foot....!

Everyone has a reason fr doing evil things,
That ur reason cover two pages of Fullscap sheet dsnt mk it ryt!!

News Flash!
Ur Bro Just Became A Wife Beater And Destroyed His Home!

Re: Can One Slap His Wife In This Case? by allanphash7(m): 8:13am On May 08, 2015
Why will u beat a woman?

But islam support beating a woman somehow
Re: Can One Slap His Wife In This Case? by Nobody: 8:14am On May 08, 2015
Slapping and beating topics now trending on Nairaland grin

Meanwhile

Op your brother tried. You can't spare the rod and expect to not spoil the child.

Ishilove are you a man-beater?

2 Likes

Re: Can One Slap His Wife In This Case? by Nobody: 8:15am On May 08, 2015
How did this crap make the front page?

1 Like

Re: Can One Slap His Wife In This Case? by Truckpusher(m): 8:15am On May 08, 2015
Your brother allowed the nonsense to fester ,slap me ones and receive the beating of your life and of course you're leaving the damn house that same night.

See me see wahala o. shocked shocked

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can One Slap His Wife In This Case? by sochima1989(m): 8:15am On May 08, 2015
Padi.......in no case should u slap ur wife............but womaniii.....unu dey provoke unu husband oh
Re: Can One Slap His Wife In This Case? by Joshuadon: 8:15am On May 08, 2015
cheesycheesycheesy man that was funny.......

On a second thought ......she needs a bit of the slap........
Re: Can One Slap His Wife In This Case? by onuwaje(m): 8:16am On May 08, 2015
I love the part where he asked for forgiveness from God grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can One Slap His Wife In This Case? by redcliff: 8:16am On May 08, 2015
Lmao.. well deserved. He did not even need to ask her for forgivenesss. Beat satan out of her soul. Silly girl

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can One Slap His Wife In This Case? by Nobody: 8:16am On May 08, 2015
For no reason should you slap your wife

1 Like

Re: Can One Slap His Wife In This Case? by DaBullIT(m): 8:16am On May 08, 2015
Principle of Management

Exercise power

Theory X blackmail, threaten , force

Theory Y Motivate, compensate

Both theories should be used interchangeably

I do not support beating your woman, But every once in a while , let her know that you can actually beat her if she messes up (Don't show this by beating her )

3 Likes

Re: Can One Slap His Wife In This Case? by redcliff: 8:17am On May 08, 2015
sochima1989:
Padi.......in no case should u slap ur wife............but womaniii.....unu dey provoke unu husband oh

You are silly

3 Likes

Re: Can One Slap His Wife In This Case? by cold(m): 8:17am On May 08, 2015
He did right,but i don't think that is the end of the matter. If the scenario painted by the op is anything to go by the situation is about to get worse...shudders

1 Like

Re: Can One Slap His Wife In This Case? by Armaggedon: 8:17am On May 08, 2015
If this story is true ('cos i doubt) then the man is a mumu. He is living in year 3000 (over civilization dey worry am).
Even after praying, he didnt give her a good beating.
Yes, if the man woman he married was well beaten she wouldnt recognise her phone.

Sometimes it is good to be pragmatic to achieve results. Igbos say that if a child crawls to pinch you, crawl back like a baby to pinch him. So that the baby will know it doesnt feel good.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can One Slap His Wife In This Case? by tfabu: 8:17am On May 08, 2015
She got wat she deserved

1 Like

Re: Can One Slap His Wife In This Case? by Nobody: 8:17am On May 08, 2015
allanphash7:
Why will u beat a woman?
But islam support beating a woman somehow
The Prophet Muhammad never beat his wives.

2 Likes

Re: Can One Slap His Wife In This Case? by kullozone(m): 8:17am On May 08, 2015
Ahhhhhhh!!

only two slaps?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

My Wife Disregarded My Instructions! I Stopped Calling Her! / Why Are Some Men Not Faithful To Their Woman? / 6 Reasons That Keep Nigerian Ladies Above 30 From Marrying. Please Avoid Them!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.