Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,711 members, 7,805,931 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:36 AM

Greatest Quotes Of The Greatest. - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Greatest Quotes Of The Greatest. (1579 Views)

The Greatest Mistake I Made In My Life....a True Story / Count Down Of My Top Ten silly Quotes Of All Time! / Which Book Has Made The Greatest Impact On Your Life ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Greatest Quotes Of The Greatest. by djcrucifix(m): 4:42pm On Feb 06, 2009
[b]GREATEST QUOTES OF ‘THE GREATEST’
On himself,
1. I done wrestled with an alligator, I done tussled with a whale, only last week I murdered a rock, injured a stone, hospitalized a brick. I’m so mean I make medicine sick.
2. There’s not a man alive who can whup me. I’m too fast. I’m too smart. I’m too pretty. I should be a postage stamp. That’s the only way I’ll ever get licked.
3. I’m so fast that last night I turned off the light switch in my hotel room and was in bed before the room was dark
4. I am the astronaut of boxing. Joe Louis and Dempsey were just jet pilots. I’m in a world of my own.
5. If you dream of beating me, you’d better wake up and apologise.
6. There are two things that are hard to hit and see. That’s a spooky ghost and Mohammad Ali.
7. One of these days, they are liable to make the house I grew up in  a national shrine.
On Joe Frazier,
8. Frazier is so ugly he should donate his face to the US bureau of wild life.
9. Frazier is so ugly that when he cries, the tears turn around and go down the back of his head.
On George Foreman,
10. I’ve seen George Foreman shadow boxing and the shadow won.
11. It’s a divine fight. This Foreman – he represents Christianity, America, the flag. I can’t let him win. He represents pork chops.
On Floyd Patterson,
12. I’ll beat him so bad; he’ll need a shoehorn to put his hat on.
On Sonny Liston,
13. Sonny Liston is nothing. The man can’t talk. The man can’t fight. The man needs talking lessons. The man needs boxing lessons. And since he’s gonna fight me, he needs falling lessons.
On Howard Cosell,
14. You’re always talking about Muhammad, you are not the same man you were 10 years ago. Well, I asked your wife, and she told me you were not the same man you was 2 years ago!.
On Golf,
15. I’m the best, I just haven’t played yet.
                                         Courtesy: Sunday punch via eurosports.com
[/b]

Re: Greatest Quotes Of The Greatest. by SeanT21(f): 7:20pm On Feb 06, 2009
Mohamed is indeed the greatest~~LOVE THE QUOTES!!
Re: Greatest Quotes Of The Greatest. by Epi: 4:27pm On Feb 07, 2009
@Poster

Mon, how come you missed this famous one-liner

"I float like a butterfly and sting like a bee. You can't beat the greatest because I am Muhammad Ali"

Here is another one i like

My toughest fight was with my first wife.

1 love
Re: Greatest Quotes Of The Greatest. by luka1981(m): 11:28pm On Feb 10, 2009
epi:

@Poster

Mon, how come you missed this famous one-liner

"I float like a butterfly and sting like a bee. You can't beat the greatest because I am Muhammad Ali"

Here is another one i like

My toughest fight was with my first wife.

1 love
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

(1) (Reply)

Dementia / I Fell In Love With A Succubus. / Great Secret In Evil Blood (a Very Scary True Life Story)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.