Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,585 members, 7,809,115 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:46 PM

Alleged Tinubu-buhari Rift: ‘I Will Name Them One After The Other’ – Oba Akiolu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Alleged Tinubu-buhari Rift: ‘I Will Name Them One After The Other’ – Oba Akiolu (36210 Views)

Sahara Reporters Publishes Alleged Tinubu Foreign Accounts On Facebook Page / APC Wouldn’t Have Won Without Tinubu –Buhari / Even If PDP Shows Video Of Tinubu/Buhari Robbing CBN, It Won't Change Our Minds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Alleged Tinubu-buhari Rift: ‘I Will Name Them One After The Other’ – Oba Akiolu by lalasticlala(m): 12:29pm On May 08, 2015
‘I will name them one after the other’ – Oba Of Lagos Threatens To Expose Those Behind Alleged Tinubu-Buhari Rift

The Oba of Lagos, Rilwan Akiolu, on Thursday 08 May confirmed that Governor Babatunde Fashola and his predecessor, Bola Tinubu indeed had a bitter quarrel that almost undermined the governance of the state.

This came as the outgoing Lagos Governor, Fashola openly apologised to all Lagos residents irrespective of class, ethnicity or religion, whom he said, might have been affected by different decisions he had taken in office.

The duo spoke at the Lagos TV complex, Agidingbi during a celebration of Fashola’s 2,900th day in office. The event was attended by former governors, former deputy governors, serving and former commissioners and traditional rulers among others.

Akiolu, speaking in Yoruba language, said he did not realise the seriousness of the disagreement between the two (Fashola and Tinubu) until almost all the Obas in the state called his attention to the development.

The Lagos monarch said the concerned Obas had told him that if as a successful retired police officer with 32 years in service he could not positively influence the affairs of Lagos as the Oba, then, there should be cause for concern.

Akiolu said it was at that point he waded in by urging both sides to sheathe swords and also extracted commitment to suspend the animosity in the collective interest of all Lagosians.

In his usually uncompromising manner the Oba noted that a majority of those responsible for the feud were also in the audience as they successfully created an industry out of reporting to “Party A” what “Party B” had said about him and vice-versa.This trend, he added, escalated and prolonged the feud between the duo.

He therefore thanked the outgoing Governor Fashola for keeping his side of the truce treaty he brokered, an action he reckoned was largely responsible for the party’s victory in the just concluded elections.

Oba Akiolu also announced to the gathering that he had warned the incoming administration of Mr. Akinwunmi Ambode not to go to Alausa (referring to the Government House) with a notion of vengeance because it would be counter productive.

“I told him not to resume office with vengeful heart. He should forget the past and move on with the affairs of the state immediately he assumes office.

“There are people in this place, who never wanted Ambode to emerge the Governor of Lagos. Most of you are sycophants. Some of them are blood relations. But I told them Ambode was my candidate despite their opposition.

“All Lagos residents should pray the labour of Tinubu should not be in vain. A lot of things have been happening now. Some people have been telling Buhari all sorts of things. Awujale and I have decided to meet Buhari because Lagos and South West states must benefit from the General Buhari administration.

In the same vein, he accused some alleged fifth columnists as working against the choice of the president-elect Muhammadu Buhari, some of whom he said were seated right in the audience.

The same people, he contended, have started pitting the duo of Tinubu and General Buhari against each other the same way they set the former against Fashola.

Apparently irked by some murmurs from the audience, Akiolu soon threatened to name those he had alluded to in parables before he was immediately calmed down by Fashola, who pinched him and he was later led away from the podium by his police orderly.

At the forum, the monarch urged the religious leaders to pray for Ambode so he could perform in office better than all his predecessors, especially Asiwaju Bola Tinubu and the incumbent governor, who would hand over to him on May 29.

“People, who are now telling Buhari all sorts of things, are sycophants. They did not want Buhari to emerge winner in the election. These people know themselves. When it gets to a stage, I will name them one after the other. I am not afraid of human beings,” Akiolu explained.

Also speaking at the forum, Fashola apologised to those who might have been hurt as a result of his decision, noting that as the state governor, he was called upon to take decisions every hour in the last eight years.

The governor said: “To those that I might have offended, I apologise. For 2900 days, I was called to make decisions every hour. I made decisions through treating millions of files on issues affecting residents of Lagos. I took those decisions in the best interest of the state. The decisions were taken based on the fact as presented to me.

“I could not have got all the decisions right. It is impossible. To those that we have not reached, please bear with us, the work will never finish. I am sure that our new governor will continue from where I stopped. This is the time to prepare for the change of baton. With the support of the residents of Lagos, your taxes, understanding and perseverance, honest criticism and prayers we may not have come this far,” Fashola pleaded.

http://www.thetrentonline.com/oba-lagos-comments-fashola-tinubu-feud-fashola-apologizes/

2 Likes

Re: Alleged Tinubu-buhari Rift: ‘I Will Name Them One After The Other’ – Oba Akiolu by lionduke(m): 12:30pm On May 08, 2015
if I talk now they go say I insult their oba. This old man should just shut up and focus on his primary duty as the oba of no man's land.

I dedicate this FTC to our great party PDP, I pray God to reveal weed out the saboteurs. Help us through these moment of trial at the end we emerge stronger to render true dividend of democracy.

65 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Alleged Tinubu-buhari Rift: ‘I Will Name Them One After The Other’ – Oba Akiolu by Nobody: 12:31pm On May 08, 2015
I pray buhari and tinubu fight it out

mk them use cutlass tear each other head

41 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Alleged Tinubu-buhari Rift: ‘I Will Name Them One After The Other’ – Oba Akiolu by Boss13: 12:32pm On May 08, 2015
Old age is disturbing this Oba. How can you come to a public gathering to do roll call of alleged troublemakers? Thank God Fashola cautioned you.

22 Likes

Re: Alleged Tinubu-buhari Rift: ‘I Will Name Them One After The Other’ – Oba Akiolu by Freciprocal: 12:33pm On May 08, 2015
To be sincere... The oba usually means well, I guess it's just the way he communicates. What is in his heart is different from what he says.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Alleged Tinubu-buhari Rift: ‘I Will Name Them One After The Other’ – Oba Akiolu by buygala(m): 12:35pm On May 08, 2015
Personally, I don't give a damn about Akiolu, Ambode, Fashola or any other politician for that matter
angry

But whenever the elephants fight, it is the grasses that suffer embarassed .... So I hope they bury the hatchet and join hands to move this nation forward smiley

I DON'T CARE IF THEY JUMP INTO THE LAGOON... THEY SHOULDN'T JUST DRAG US IN WITH THEM undecided

12 Likes

Re: Alleged Tinubu-buhari Rift: ‘I Will Name Them One After The Other’ – Oba Akiolu by Ezenwammadu(m): 12:35pm On May 08, 2015
This man talks too much.Highly unbecoming of a royalty.You don't see Oba of Benin ranting like this.He should just

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alleged Tinubu-buhari Rift: ‘I Will Name Them One After The Other’ – Oba Akiolu by Nobody: 12:37pm On May 08, 2015
BUHARI my HERO!
AMEACHI my ROLE MODEL!!
FASHOLA my GUY!!!

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alleged Tinubu-buhari Rift: ‘I Will Name Them One After The Other’ – Oba Akiolu by TheFreeOne: 12:37pm On May 08, 2015
What's wrong with this agbero/lagoon oba sef, is he on drugs

Always threatening others unnecessarily.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alleged Tinubu-buhari Rift: ‘I Will Name Them One After The Other’ – Oba Akiolu by luvmijeje(f): 12:38pm On May 08, 2015
Apparently irked by some murmurs from the audience, Akiolu soon threatened to name those he had alluded to in parables before he was immediately calmed down by Fashola, who pinched him and he was later led away from the podium by his police orderly.

Eyan o gbodo fi gbogbo enu soro tan especially as Oba. Oh! So there's no smoke without fire.
Re: Alleged Tinubu-buhari Rift: ‘I Will Name Them One After The Other’ – Oba Akiolu by buygala(m): 12:39pm On May 08, 2015
Taylor86:
I pray buhari and tinubu fight it out

mk them use cutlass tear each other head

have you ever heard the saying that 'when the elephants fight, it is the grass that suffer?

Strife doesn't bring anyone good. ... You might even become collateral damage in the fight which you are so brainlessly advocating for undecided

3 Likes

Re: Alleged Tinubu-buhari Rift: ‘I Will Name Them One After The Other’ – Oba Akiolu by buygala(m): 12:39pm On May 08, 2015

1 Like

Re: Alleged Tinubu-buhari Rift: ‘I Will Name Them One After The Other’ – Oba Akiolu by nerodenero: 12:40pm On May 08, 2015
I think Ambode's next re-election would depend on how far he has been able to surpass Fashola's achievement.If he must achieve,he must at all cost put the interest of Lagos first above all including Tinubu.

As for Oba Akiolu,he's talking too much.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alleged Tinubu-buhari Rift: ‘I Will Name Them One After The Other’ – Oba Akiolu by luvmijeje(f): 12:44pm On May 08, 2015
In his usually uncompromising manner the Oba noted that a majority of those responsible for the feud were also in the audience as they successfully created an industry out of reporting to “Party A” what “Party B” had said about him and vice-versa.This trend, he added, escalated and prolonged the feud between the duo.

This are the kind of people that caused wahala between Jonathan and Obasanjo. Buhari and Ambode should please be careful around them.

8 Likes

Re: Alleged Tinubu-buhari Rift: ‘I Will Name Them One After The Other’ – Oba Akiolu by adaweezy(m): 12:46pm On May 08, 2015
The oba knows what he is saying .........

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alleged Tinubu-buhari Rift: ‘I Will Name Them One After The Other’ – Oba Akiolu by Nobody: 12:52pm On May 08, 2015
Re: Alleged Tinubu-buhari Rift: ‘I Will Name Them One After The Other’ – Oba Akiolu by Uncleodi(m): 12:52pm On May 08, 2015
Ok
Re: Alleged Tinubu-buhari Rift: ‘I Will Name Them One After The Other’ – Oba Akiolu by NewNigeriaMind: 12:59pm On May 08, 2015
The op is a slowpoke.

The actual rift the OBA was talking about is between Tinubu and fashola

Pls read the article before you comment guys.

This op is no different from the cable.

Op what is it you want to gain from this

15 Likes

Re: Alleged Tinubu-buhari Rift: ‘I Will Name Them One After The Other’ – Oba Akiolu by 9jatriot(m): 12:59pm On May 08, 2015
This Oba must really be outspoken. Funny enough until the lagoon incident, I would not have noted his name even if he made a speech. Strange world.

1 Like

Re: Alleged Tinubu-buhari Rift: ‘I Will Name Them One After The Other’ – Oba Akiolu by francizy(m): 1:00pm On May 08, 2015
grin

APC, I pray that God will put confusion in my enemies camp just like he will put confusion in the camp of Nigeria's enemies... Amen!

cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Alleged Tinubu-buhari Rift: ‘I Will Name Them One After The Other’ – Oba Akiolu by ruggedboy01: 1:00pm On May 08, 2015
Oba of foolishness angry

7 Likes

Re: Alleged Tinubu-buhari Rift: ‘I Will Name Them One After The Other’ – Oba Akiolu by NewNigeriaMind: 1:00pm On May 08, 2015
lalasticlala:

http://www.thetrentonline.com/oba-lagos-comments-fashola-tinubu-feud-fashola-apologizes/

Even the source the op quotes stand fashola and Tinubu feud. What concerns buhari in this cool

2 Likes

Re: Alleged Tinubu-buhari Rift: ‘I Will Name Them One After The Other’ – Oba Akiolu by Nobody: 1:01pm On May 08, 2015
Ok...my analysis

1. ... the Oba noted that a majority of those responsible for the feud were also in the audience as they successfully created an industry out of reporting to “Party A” what “Party B” had said about him and vice-versa.

Special notes: these guys are busy-bodies everywhere, in families, offices and relationships, eye-service interlopers. They destroyed Jonathan's government. OBA IS CORRECT ON THIS.

2. "He therefore thanked the outgoing Governor Fashola for keeping his side of the truce treaty he brokered......".

Special notes: What was this fight about? Babatunde Fashola (SAN) should write a memoir whereby this feud can be disclosed and we can take the issues forward and gain more clarity.

3. “........I told him not to resume office with vengeful heart. He should forget the past and move on with the affairs of the state immediately he assumes office".

Special notes: Where is the Lagos gov-elect sef. I cannot mention his name. He needs to tell us about this feud sef

4. “There are people in this place, who never wanted Ambode to emerge the Governor of Lagos. Most of you are sycophants. Some of them are blood relations. But I told them Ambode was my candidate despite their opposition....OBA IS VERY CORRECT

5."In the same vein, he accused some alleged fifth columnists as working against the choice of the president-elect Muhammadu Buhari, some of whom he said were seated right in the audience. OBA SEF NO SEND AGAIN

Great job....HRM Oba Akiolu

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alleged Tinubu-buhari Rift: ‘I Will Name Them One After The Other’ – Oba Akiolu by AbdH: 1:02pm On May 08, 2015
Obviously the Oba fears no human being therefore ko ki n fi oro si abe ahon so. Nevertheless, the king should always remember that gbogbo aso ko la n sa l'orun, eyi ti ategun n gbe lo poju.

2 Likes

Re: Alleged Tinubu-buhari Rift: ‘I Will Name Them One After The Other’ – Oba Akiolu by Volksfuhrer(m): 1:04pm On May 08, 2015
I still love this monarch, despite negative comments trailing that speech. I believe he hates treachery and is not ashamed to expose the enemies within. Truly a no-nonsense Oba! Haters can hug transformers!

8 Likes

Re: Alleged Tinubu-buhari Rift: ‘I Will Name Them One After The Other’ – Oba Akiolu by Jesusloveyou: 1:05pm On May 08, 2015
Interesting,
Re: Alleged Tinubu-buhari Rift: ‘I Will Name Them One After The Other’ – Oba Akiolu by AbdH: 1:07pm On May 08, 2015
NewNigeriaMind:

Even the source the op quotes stand fashola and Tinubu feud. What concerns buhari in this cool

The OP is mischievous.
Re: Alleged Tinubu-buhari Rift: ‘I Will Name Them One After The Other’ – Oba Akiolu by baybeeboi: 1:09pm On May 08, 2015
this Yoloba people sha.
Too much noise coming from that end.
Lousy zone with lousy people.
I represent truth......you can kill me for it.

7 Likes

Re: Alleged Tinubu-buhari Rift: ‘I Will Name Them One After The Other’ – Oba Akiolu by intergral(m): 1:09pm On May 08, 2015
Lagoon
Re: Alleged Tinubu-buhari Rift: ‘I Will Name Them One After The Other’ – Oba Akiolu by naijainfogalery: 1:09pm On May 08, 2015
The Oba that almost caused Ibophobia in Lagos

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alleged Tinubu-buhari Rift: ‘I Will Name Them One After The Other’ – Oba Akiolu by Trailblazer1(m): 1:10pm On May 08, 2015
Oba Lil Wayne Zulu Akiolu, the Oba of lagoon.

You're now seeking more attention than Kim Kardashian.
Just sip it lipsrsealed

18 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Akeredolu's Dad With Fayose's Dad In 1960 (Throwback Photo) / Umahi Condemns Renaming Of Abakaliki Street In Anambra / Ministerial Slots: The Battle Of Godfathers, Godsons (list)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.