Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,587 members, 7,809,127 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:21 AM

Anambra Clinches The First And Second Positions In ANCOPSS National Quiz - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Anambra Clinches The First And Second Positions In ANCOPSS National Quiz (22044 Views)

Yusuf Ololade Faidat Of UNILORIN Clinches 19 Prizes At Convocation / FCT Wins NNPC 2015 National Quiz Competition / NNPC Annual National Quiz Competition 2015 Live On NTA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anambra Clinches The First And Second Positions In ANCOPSS National Quiz by Schematics: 7:57pm On May 09, 2015
Anambra excels in education again, clinches 1st and 2nd positions in ANCOPSS Quiz, … Retains title for keeps!

Anambra State has continued to show its leading position in the field of education in Nigeria with the latest information revealing that students of the State posted excellent performances in the just-concluded 2015 All Nigeria Confederation of Principals of Secondary Schools (ANCOPSS) Quiz competition organized for Nigerian students.

The State represented by Master Umeh Anthony Nnaemeka of Igwebuike Grammar School Awka came tops in this year’s ANCOPSS Quiz Competition organized for all schools in Nigeria as a way of enhancing academic performance of students.

By the excellent performance of Master Umeh, Anambra State retains the cup for keeps, being the 3rd consecutive time students from the State are winning the cup.

ANCOPSS organizes the Quiz and Essay competitions yearly for competition by all schools in the nation as a way of enhancing academic performance of students.

In the Essay competition of the same ANCOPSS Competition, Miss Okoro Chiazagom Emmanuella of Queen of the Rosary College, Onitsha (Q.R.C) Onitsha took the 2nd position.

Normally, the ANCOPSS competition starts from the various states at the Local Government Area level, then 1st position winners move to compete at State level, from where they move to compete at Zonal level and from the six geopolitical Zones, the national competitors emerge.

Reacting to the outstanding performance of students from the State in the Quiz and Essay competitions, governor Obiano restated the commitment of his administration to continue to improve on infrastructure and manpower in the schools at all levels.

Recall that governor Obiano was welcomed into office in early 2014 with the news of successful performances of candidates from the State who recorded first position among all the states in the country whose candidates took the 2013 National Examinations Council (NECO).

The NECO success came barely a week after the West African Examinations Council (WAEC) statistics showed that Anambra State came first among all the states in the country whose students took the 2013 WASSCE.

http://www.thenigerianvoice.com/news/178731/1/anambra-excels-in-education-again-clinches-1st-pos.html

35 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Anambra Clinches The First And Second Positions In ANCOPSS National Quiz by Ezenwammadu(m): 7:59pm On May 09, 2015
From best in WAEC for four consecutive years to this one grin

Anambra adigo mma

Let me see one egghead that will talk of special center angry

147 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Anambra Clinches The First And Second Positions In ANCOPSS National Quiz by Schematics: 8:02pm On May 09, 2015
Anambra has the best educational system in Nigeria that churns out the best brains out of Nigeria.

Anambra adigo mma cool

118 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Anambra Clinches The First And Second Positions In ANCOPSS National Quiz by dunkem21(m): 8:29pm On May 09, 2015
grin I don't really know why am laughing ..who knows?
..I no ask you o, Rose2014.

4 Likes

Re: Anambra Clinches The First And Second Positions In ANCOPSS National Quiz by meforyou1(m): 8:31pm On May 09, 2015
Okorocha is a cow. Berem and Abagworo, tell him I said so

41 Likes

Re: Anambra Clinches The First And Second Positions In ANCOPSS National Quiz by Rose2014: 8:37pm On May 09, 2015
dunkem21:
grin I don't really know why am laughing ..who knows?

..I no ask you o, Rose2014.
cheesy

for every bad news from the land of rising sun, there are 10 outstanding great news from same place. No be our fault jare. Na God

Proudly Igbo

164 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Anambra Clinches The First And Second Positions In ANCOPSS National Quiz by kasiem(m): 8:38pm On May 09, 2015
The strong rooted educational policies of peter obi playing out. When others were rushing to give free education without free sense, obi was prudently building the educational secto today the results are manifesting

93 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Anambra Clinches The First And Second Positions In ANCOPSS National Quiz by OdenigboAroli(m): 8:40pm On May 09, 2015
No doubt ,Anambra is doing very well in education but our target and dream is to reach the international standard and pull 85% in waec exams . And that should be our basic : Obiano hasn't done much in education because the successes he is taking the praise of was masterminded by Obi. We need to keep training and retraining teachers,upgrading our learning environments for the comforts of our children. We must also keep closing substandard private schools and build more to accommodate everyone. There is A lot of foundation works still need to be done in Anambra before we can claim "developed".

Osebuluwa nonyelu Omanbala nnem!

55 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Anambra Clinches The First And Second Positions In ANCOPSS National Quiz by OdenigboAroli(m): 8:45pm On May 09, 2015
Schematics:
Anambra has the best educational system that churns out the best brains out of Nigeria.

Anambra adigo mma cool

I don't think Anambra has arrived but we are headed in the right direction,which is a good thing maka onye na amaro ebe nmili bidolu mabia oyaro ama ebe onor wee kwusi.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Anambra Clinches The First And Second Positions In ANCOPSS National Quiz by Schematics: 8:45pm On May 09, 2015
Obi did so well, now Obiano is taking the whole thing altogether to another level. Read below..

OdenigboAroli:
No doubt ,Anambra is doing very well in education but our target and dream is to reach the international standard and pull 85% in waec exams . And that should be our basic : Obiano hasn't done much in education because the successes he is taking the praise of was masterminded by Obi. We need to keep training and retraining teachers,upgrading our learning environments for the comforts of our schools. We must also keep closing substandard private schools and build more to accommodate everyone. There is A lot of foundation works still need to be done in Anambra before we can claim "developed".

As part of efforts to revamp the 11 vocational and technical colleges in Anambra State, the state government, has sponsored 23 teachers, including principals, and administrators from the Ministry of Education, MoE, on a study-trip to Singapore.

South East Voice gathered that the training became necessary in a bid to enhance the four pillars of the administration of Governor Willie Obiano, through technical and vocational education.

Speaking, some of the teachers and principals selected from the 11 colleges, expressed optimism that the visit would go a long way in bringing about massive development in the state, especially in the area of producing the needed and qualified manpower among the students, after the courses.

The Vice Principal (Administration), Nigerian Science and Technical College, Nnewi, Mrs. Uzoma Okeke said:
‘’When I get to Singapore, I expect to see how technical and vocational trainings are run according to best global practices. I hope to bring back the knowledge to improve our school system.

‘”Most importantly, I want to see how the institutions we are visiting run the theoretical and practical aspects of their curriculum, so that when we come back, we can introduce same in our schools.’’ Also, the Head, Department of Technical College, Umunze, Simon Nwafor, said: ‘’My expectation is for us to see and learn what we need to improve the technical and vocational educational system.

“We have had remarkable improvements since the present administration came in, especially in terms of human capacity building, staff welfare, provision of equipment needed to enhance teaching and learning in our colleges. So, with this study-trip, I feel it is another step ahead for better things to come.’’

Also, in the team are the wife of the Deputy Governor, Mrs. Oby Okeke; Commissioner for Education, Professor Kate Omenugha; Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Education, Dr. Beatrice Okonkwo; Chairman, Anambra State Universal Basic Education Board, ASUBEB, Nzeemeaka Olisa;

Chairman, Anambra State Post-Primary School Services Commission, ASPPSSC, Lady Joy Ulasi; Coordinator, Anambra State Economic Think-Tank, ANET, Mac Attasie; the Project Coordinator, Anambra State Education Programme Investment Project, ASEPIP, Charly Okeke as well as the Director, Higher Technical/Vocational Department, Dr. Laz Okafor, among others.

Speaking to South East Voice, the Commissioner for Education, Professor Omenugha, said that the visit was necessary to give the technical and vocational educational system a facelift.

‘’We are taking teachers of the Anambra State Technical College on a study-visit to Singapore. When Governor Obiano assumed office, we noticed that technical and vocational education were at the lowest ebb in the state. Among the 11 technical colleges, not even one had accreditation with the National Board for Technical Education, NBTE.

“So, we are now developing the needed human resources through the development of our technical colleges, so that the products of these colleges will be ready-made to take up employments. Again, we noticed that the standard of the students cannot be higher than that of their teachers, so we kicked-off serious human capacity building programmes for the teachers.

“We have done a lot of local trainings for them in the last one year, and now, we are taking them to Singapore to ensure best practices in technical and vocational education. The idea is that when these teachers are exposed to international best practices, they will be able to impact same to the students, thus producing graduates who are employable.’’

The Managing Director/Chief Executive Officer, Kiara College, Endi Ezengwa, whose firm consults on technical and vocational education for the state, said Singapore was chosen for the study-visit ‘’because it is a very good example in the world on Technical and Vocational Education, TVED.

They have working systems that are worth emulating all over the world. When we get to Singapore, we will visit the ITE Educational Services, an institution in-charge of technical and vocational educational services in Singapore.’’

http://anambrariansnews.com.ng/?p=9508

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anambra Clinches The First And Second Positions In ANCOPSS National Quiz by OdenigboAroli(m): 8:48pm On May 09, 2015
Rose2014:

cheesy

for every bad news from the land of rising sun, there are 10 outstanding great news from same place. No be our fault jare. Na God

Proudly Igbo

People can hate but we must keep a positive mind and achieve our goals.

But I will not be happy until I kick rochas in the scrotum!

29 Likes

Re: Anambra Clinches The First And Second Positions In ANCOPSS National Quiz by tonychristopher: 8:49pm On May 09, 2015
OdenigboAroli:

People can hate but we must keep a positive mind and achieve our goals.

But I will not be happy until I kick rochas in the scrotum!

I thank lord for three things
One he made me a man
Two he made me igbo
Three he made me come from anambra

I am done

Udo

72 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anambra Clinches The First And Second Positions In ANCOPSS National Quiz by kasiem(m): 8:54pm On May 09, 2015
OdenigboAroli:
No doubt ,Anambra is doing very well in education but our target and dream is to reach the international standard and pull 85% in waec exams . And that should be our basic : Obiano hasn't done much in education because the successes he is taking the praise of was masterminded by Obi. We need to keep training and retraining teachers,upgrading our learning environments for the comforts of our children. We must also keep closing substandard private schools and build more to accommodate everyone. There is A lot of foundation works still need to be done in Anambra before we can claim "developed".

nwanne, I've got some aunties who are married to imo people but we're employed here in anambra when obi recruited teachers of anambra origin here in the state. Seriously, this people are always greeted with august guests every week who come to check their performance in the class always. Their lesson notes are always checked and they regularly visit awka and ukpor for little trainings. No secondary school in anambra state lacks cyber facilities provided for them by the obi's admin. I think obiano is trying to adopt a sycophantic approach to governance cos obi created heavens for him. He's just moving about from one media house to another and also fitting billboards all around the state to praise himself on another person's glory

12 Likes

Re: Anambra Clinches The First And Second Positions In ANCOPSS National Quiz by FKO81(m): 8:57pm On May 09, 2015
Rose2014:

cheesy

Proudly Igbo

Proudly Igbo, proudly Anambra.

9 Likes

Re: Anambra Clinches The First And Second Positions In ANCOPSS National Quiz by pazienza(m): 8:59pm On May 09, 2015
THE LIGHT OF THE NATION!

12 Likes

Re: Anambra Clinches The First And Second Positions In ANCOPSS National Quiz by OdenigboAroli(m): 9:00pm On May 09, 2015
@Schematics,I have read that news before but it's only 23 teachers. Do you know how many schools we have in Anambra and subjects taught in these schools ? We need a very vibrant and efficient workforce to balance the workload. Some our schools are missing subjects because of insufficient amount of teachers,unqualified teachers and their reluctance to teach in the rural areas. We need a decent college of education where we can horn the teachers skills and make them world class educators. I am sick and tired of abroad programs because some of these people don't return. But am more obsessed with basic education(primary and secondary). You can deny a child anything but don't deny them a sound,well structured,sound and quality basic education!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra Clinches The First And Second Positions In ANCOPSS National Quiz by OdenigboAroli(m): 9:02pm On May 09, 2015
tonychristopher:

I thank lord for three things
One he made me a man
Two he made me igbo
Three he made me come from anambra

I am done

Udo

Igbo Amaka.
Olisa nonyelu yi.

12 Likes

Re: Anambra Clinches The First And Second Positions In ANCOPSS National Quiz by Schematics: 9:04pm On May 09, 2015
This is a pilot project. The abroad training is to expose them to international best practices. Besides all the teachers will not go at once, these ones will return to impart the same knowledge to others.

I think this is basically for technical/vocational colleges. There are already incentive for teachers that teaches sciences in Anambra and also another incentive for teachers that teach in the rural areas.

OdenigboAroli:
@Schematics,I have read that news before but it's only 23 teachers. Do you know how many schools we have in Anambra and subjects taught in these schools ? We need a very vibrant and efficient workforce to balance the workload. Some our schools are missing subjects because of insufficient amount of teachers,unqualified teachers and their reluctance to teach in the rural areas. We need a decent college of education where we can horn the teachers skills and make them world class educators. I am sick and tired of abroad programs because some of these people don't return. But am more obsessed with basic education(primary and secondary). You can deny a child anything but don't deny them a sound,well structured,sound and quality basic education!

8 Likes

Re: Anambra Clinches The First And Second Positions In ANCOPSS National Quiz by BushidoBlue(m): 9:06pm On May 09, 2015
Igbo I am, Igbo I remain, Nigeria is my nation, no hate, just excellence and progress.

Haters over to you, what's the next hate speech against Igbos? Let it out now....

6 Likes

Re: Anambra Clinches The First And Second Positions In ANCOPSS National Quiz by tonychristopher: 9:07pm On May 09, 2015
OdenigboAroli:

Igbo Amaka.
Olisa nonyelu yi.

Otua nwanne

5 Likes

Re: Anambra Clinches The First And Second Positions In ANCOPSS National Quiz by tonychristopher: 9:09pm On May 09, 2015
BushidoBlue:
Igbo I am, Igbo I remain, Nigeria is my nation, no hate, just excellence and progress.

Haters over to you, what's the next hate speech against Igbos? Let it out now....

Is it the sophisticated ones ...they will tell queen to push igbo in Thames

They dont want us to rule but lord maketh us to rule internationally

May God be praised.

20 Likes

Re: Anambra Clinches The First And Second Positions In ANCOPSS National Quiz by Welrez(m): 9:14pm On May 09, 2015
I'm Bayelsan, but I'm proud of Anambra State. Congrats!

66 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Anambra Clinches The First And Second Positions In ANCOPSS National Quiz by lilmax(m): 9:19pm On May 09, 2015
Nice
Re: Anambra Clinches The First And Second Positions In ANCOPSS National Quiz by shineeye: 9:20pm On May 09, 2015
Anambra Egwu Eji una too much jare this una gene is really specialy made from olisa bi na igwe cheesy

12 Likes

Re: Anambra Clinches The First And Second Positions In ANCOPSS National Quiz by AnambraDota: 9:22pm On May 09, 2015
Nwanne i didnt read this because amam na ife eji abu onye Anambra kariri ife eji abu onye Amelika

Schematics:
Anambra excels in education again, clinches 1st and 2nd positions in ANCOPSS Quiz, … Retains title for keeps!

Anambra State has continued to show its leading position in the field of education in Nigeria with the latest information revealing that students of the State posted excellent performances in the just-concluded 2015 All Nigeria Confederation of Principals of Secondary Schools (ANCOPSS) Quiz competition organized for Nigerian students.

The State represented by Master Umeh Anthony Nnaemeka of Igwebuike Grammar School Awka came tops in this year’s ANCOPSS Quiz Competition organized for all schools in Nigeria as a way of enhancing academic performance of students.

By the excellent performance of Master Umeh, Anambra State retains the cup for keeps, being the 3rd consecutive time students from the State are winning the cup.

ANCOPSS organizes the Quiz and Essay competitions yearly for competition by all schools in the nation as a way of enhancing academic performance of students.

In the Essay competition of the same ANCOPSS Competition, Miss Okoro Chiazagom Emmanuella of Queen of the Rosary College, Onitsha (Q.R.C) Onitsha took the 2nd position.

Normally, the ANCOPSS competition starts from the various states at the Local Government Area level, then 1st position winners move to compete at State level, from where they move to compete at Zonal level and from the six geopolitical Zones, the national competitors emerge.

Reacting to the outstanding performance of students from the State in the Quiz and Essay competitions, governor Obiano restated the commitment of his administration to continue to improve on infrastructure and manpower in the schools at all levels.

Recall that governor Obiano was welcomed into office in early 2014 with the news of successful performances of candidates from the State who recorded first position among all the states in the country whose candidates took the 2013 National Examinations Council (NECO).

The NECO success came barely a week after the West African Examinations Council (WAEC) statistics showed that Anambra State came first among all the states in the country whose students took the 2013 WASSCE.

http://www.thenigerianvoice.com/news/178731/1/anambra-excels-in-education-again-clinches-1st-pos.html

6 Likes

Re: Anambra Clinches The First And Second Positions In ANCOPSS National Quiz by Schematics: 9:25pm On May 09, 2015
Nwanne m ezi okwu ka ikwuru..with Anambra Passport you can enter UK and become an MP just like Chuka Umunna and Chi Onwurah! Go figure.. cool

Anambra erika.. cheesy

AnambraDota:
Nwanne i didnt read this because amam na ife eji abu onye Anambra kariri ife eji abu onye Amelika

7 Likes

Re: Anambra Clinches The First And Second Positions In ANCOPSS National Quiz by Nobody: 9:26pm On May 09, 2015
saa
tonychristopher:

Have you heard igbophobia before
lol,what's in Igbo,when your mates from other countries are soaring high winning international awards you are here celebrating one mushroom awards that no one recognise.
I never wanted to be tribalistic but you folks always use your hand to bring fire on your head.
Foolish entities.
Re: Anambra Clinches The First And Second Positions In ANCOPSS National Quiz by AnambraDota: 9:34pm On May 09, 2015
My sister that married an Anioma man is a director in ministry of education Anambra State, she told me Anambra education system is not what i think of an average Nigeria school system without dedicated workforce.
She told me how busy she is every week touring all the secondary schools checking teachers and students note, my nephew at St Charles are doing very well though the fee is high but the parents are happy with what they are seeing.

kasiem:
nwanne, I've got some aunties who are married to imo people but we're employed here in anambra when obi recruited teachers of anambra origin here in the state. Seriously, this people are always greeted with august guests every week who come to check their performance in the class always. Their lesson notes are always checked and they regularly visit awka and ukpor for little trainings. No secondary school in anambra state lacks cyber facilities provided for them by the obi's admin. I think obiano is trying to adopt a sycophantic approach to governance cos obi created heavens for him. He's just moving about from one media house to another and also fitting billboards all around the state to praise himself on another person's glory

22 Likes

Re: Anambra Clinches The First And Second Positions In ANCOPSS National Quiz by shineeye: 9:37pm On May 09, 2015
AnambraDota:

ADA ANAMBRA you just nailed it on the wall Anambra is making igbos world wide proud guess what am not from anambra state but right from when i was in school they always say that anambra blood are specially made from olisa i never understand that till i grow older..You no this song it says,since i was born,but now i am old i have never seen Anambra failing sister have u seen? cheesy

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Protest In Yabatech Over Death Of A Final Year Student (see Photos) / Sorry State Of A Secondary School In Surulere (Photos) / How Is Resumption Going So Far In Your University?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.