Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,377 members, 7,808,340 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:33 AM

Buhari Shocks APC Govs, Rejects Ministerial List. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Shocks APC Govs, Rejects Ministerial List. (73692 Views)

FEC: Buhari Shocks Osinbajo, Ministers / Buhari Shocks Ministers With Austere Benefits / Buhari Shocks Longtime Friend, Rejects His Trailer Of Rams As Sallah Gift (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Shocks APC Govs, Rejects Ministerial List. by Nobody: 1:29am On May 10, 2015
PRESIDENT-elect, General Muhammadu Buhari appeared to have dashed the hopes of the governors elected on the platform of the All Progressives Congress (APC) when he rejected their plans to submit a ministerial list to him.
The APC governors, led by Governor Rochas Okorocha of Imo State, had, last Tuesday, visited Buhari in Abuja to pledge loyalty and make some demands.

At the meeting, some requests were placed on the table openly, while the request to drop the list of possible ministers came up for discussion behind the closed door.
Sources close to the meeting between the governors and General Buhari indicated that the state chief executives came out of the visit with heavy minds.

Planning to maintain the tradition already instituted by the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) where the state governors as party leaders in the states are requested to submit list of possible ministers and Ambassadorial appointees to the president, the governors threw the request at Buhari.
But it was learnt that the General rejected the proposal and declared that the Constitution does not mandate him to take a list of ministerial nominees from them.

The president-elect was also said to have rejected the call for a bailout for the states that have been unable to pay salaries, with a source informing Sunday Tribune that the General flatly rejected the proposal, saying the he was aware the Federal Government was not owing the states their allocations.

A source close to the discussion told the Sunday Tribune that General Buhari told the governors that those of them in their second terms could not complain about the state of government finances, as they have all been collecting allocations from the Federal Government all along.
A source in the know said: “The governors practically went out of the visit with their tails between their legs. The General first threw aside the request that he grant bailout to the states. He told them that the governors going for second term in office cannot complain about the state of the economy, having collected all their allocations to date from the Federal Government. He ruled out the possibility of bailout.

“The General was also very unequivocal when he was told that the governors want to submit a ministerial list to him. He clearly said he cannot go into that discussion. He insisted that the Constitution does not mandate him to collect such list from the governors and that the state chief executives should concentrate on sourcing good materials that would help them run the states adequately.”

The source quoted Buhari as saying that “I do not think we can discuss that issue of Ministerial list. The Constitution clearly does not mandate me to take a list from the governors. To me, the governors should concentrate on getting good hands to help them in discharging their duties in the states.”

The APC governors had made a meal out of their meeting with General Buhari last week, with media reports indicating that they were in Abuja to submit ministerial lists to the president-elect. But the sources said that they left the meeting disappointed, as the General turned down their two major requests.

Source: http://tribuneonlineng.com/node/4552

159 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Buhari Shocks APC Govs, Rejects Ministerial List. by Nobody: 1:37am On May 10, 2015
Last week I commented on another thread on this meeting wit GMB I said that the outcome of this meeting will have a lot to say about the personality of GMB.
He has once more shown that he is a man of character and integrity, who sees Nigeria to be a greater than any Nigerian and political party.
Please fellow Nigerians let's put our political differences aside and give this man the support and loyalty he deserves, I sincerely think and know for a fact that change has come to stay in Nigeria.

857 Likes 79 Shares

Re: Buhari Shocks APC Govs, Rejects Ministerial List. by Eshinwaju: 2:13am On May 10, 2015
gregzone:
Last week I commented on another thread on this meeting wit GMB I said that the outcome of this meeting will have a lot to say about the personality of GMB.
He has once more shown that he is a man of character and integrity, who sees Nigeria to be a greater than any Nigerian and political party.
Please fellow Nigerians let's put our political differences aside and give this man the support and loyalty he deserves, I sincerely think and know for a fact that change has come to stay in Nigeria.

I agree with you.....let the man chose his own team...and be judged on that... cool

321 Likes 22 Shares

Re: Buhari Shocks APC Govs, Rejects Ministerial List. by sunnyjeff55: 2:14am On May 10, 2015
Hmm.. GMB
Re: Buhari Shocks APC Govs, Rejects Ministerial List. by chinoify: 2:18am On May 10, 2015
Sai baba

49 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Shocks APC Govs, Rejects Ministerial List. by Nobody: 2:18am On May 10, 2015
Eshinwaju:

I agree with you.....let the man chose his
own team...and be judged on that... cool
I like what he told those governors, most of them ex-pDP soldiers think its business as usual, they should focus on their individual states and let him handle Federal affairs his own way.

193 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Shocks APC Govs, Rejects Ministerial List. by BabaEleko(m): 2:27am On May 10, 2015
Make i go arrange my C of O for this space.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Shocks APC Govs, Rejects Ministerial List. by ionsman: 2:28am On May 10, 2015
This change is Authentic with Nafdac number. cheesy.

230 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari Shocks APC Govs, Rejects Ministerial List. by ki02020(m): 2:30am On May 10, 2015
It getting clearer day by day that my vote for buhari will not be a waste

275 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Buhari Shocks APC Govs, Rejects Ministerial List. by Blastos(m): 2:33am On May 10, 2015
Them done hustle 4 am (GMB) finish abi?... The time has come for them to know that the masquerade dat dey costumed would turn around to frighten them... It was anticipated.. Tinubu, Amaechi, Rochas, Oshiomole, fashola etc should start preparing for d shock of their lives.. THE NORTH IS BACK... Like most people would say, THE KING in the NORTH!!!

94 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Buhari Shocks APC Govs, Rejects Ministerial List. by ryd3(m): 2:41am On May 10, 2015
I always insist on being firm in decision making. For the bailout, the general has to probe the Previous govt if he has denied a bailout. They must state how they managed their resources. Secondly, ministers are expected to head changes, so they must be chosen wisely. For this nation to move forward, lets leave politics for politicians and governance to technocrats

47 Likes

Re: Buhari Shocks APC Govs, Rejects Ministerial List. by danny301: 2:42am On May 10, 2015
Buhari is sure the right man to lead Nigeria at this critical moment of our nationhood... It must not be business as usual... Buhari must put an end to the practice where governors practically relocate from their States to Abj and be looking for what is not looking for them or chose to be following the president around why their states suffer... I think the task of governing a state is already enormous for a governor hence governors have to concentrate on delivering quality services to their respective states and leave the federal government for those that have been elected to run it.

70 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Shocks APC Govs, Rejects Ministerial List. by Nobody: 2:43am On May 10, 2015
They think GMB is Ebele Wereype or Orji Uzo Kalu.

Baba tell them; 1 Fulani General is equivalent to 9 Yoruba Generals + 360 Igbo Generals + 720 Ijaw Generals grin

222 Likes 28 Shares

Re: Buhari Shocks APC Govs, Rejects Ministerial List. by sunkoye: 2:55am On May 10, 2015
Pples eyes don dey clear o

baba no dey take nonsense. cheesy

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Shocks APC Govs, Rejects Ministerial List. by azpekuliar: 3:06am On May 10, 2015
I am beginning to like this man.

92 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Shocks APC Govs, Rejects Ministerial List. by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 3:40am On May 10, 2015

1 Like

Re: Buhari Shocks APC Govs, Rejects Ministerial List. by chacoonder(m): 3:41am On May 10, 2015
I am in total support of GMB's hard stance on this. Gone are the days when ministers or public office holders are imposed on the president simply because they all belong to the same political party. GMB should single-handedly choose people of impeccable character who he feels are ready to serve this nation selflessly and with dignity. The era of nepotism in our political system is dead & buried.

53 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari Shocks APC Govs, Rejects Ministerial List. by tonytony208(m): 4:10am On May 10, 2015
gregzone:
hmmmm. For the first time in my life, am liking a post about buhari. But bihari also mentioned something: that the FG (gej) does not owe any state their allocation. Buhari is only affirming that 50% of Nigeria's problem (or more) are caused by the state governors and that gej isn't to be blamed for everything.

278 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Buhari Shocks APC Govs, Rejects Ministerial List. by tonytony208(m): 4:13am On May 10, 2015
Blastos:
Them done hustle 4 am (GMB) finish abi?... The time has come for them to know that the masquerade dat dey costumed would turn around to frighten them... It was anticipated.. Tinubu, Amaechi, Rochas, Oshiomole, fashola etc should start preparing for d shock of their lives.. THE NORTH IS BACK... Like most people would say, THE KING in the NORTH!!!

Last time I checked, the king in the north was actually arrowed to death (just joking).

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Shocks APC Govs, Rejects Ministerial List. by tonytony208(m): 4:21am On May 10, 2015
Zoharariel:

Baba tell them; 1 Fulani General is equivalent to 9 Yoruba Generals + 360 Igbo Generals + 720 Ijaw Generals grin

Is this what you guys use to deceive yourself? Your point of view is even full of aberration. The issue of integrity is not by being a general; it is personal. Dora akuyili was never in the military, yet Nigerians can vow of her integrity and am certain there are many Igbo's that are still living on integrity. Gani fawehinmi was Yoruba and was a man of integrity. And am certain there will be a number of Yoruba's still living on integrity. Stop commenting like a myopic person. Integrity is neither by tribe nor by being a general. It is personal.

404 Likes 32 Shares

Re: Buhari Shocks APC Govs, Rejects Ministerial List. by creamynuela88: 4:29am On May 10, 2015
I love such news. grin

Sai Buhari!

But I don't like APC!!

Goes back to Sleep!

46 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Shocks APC Govs, Rejects Ministerial List. by stinggy(m): 4:38am On May 10, 2015
Expected...
I knew this even before campaigns. If you think you can push this man to do your bidding just anyhow, then you're on a long thing.

I wish APC thieves will just allow this man be and focus on the task ahead. Let him pick his team by himself and stop forcing some men with questionable personalities on him bikonu!.

18 Likes

Re: Buhari Shocks APC Govs, Rejects Ministerial List. by socialmediaman: 4:38am On May 10, 2015
tonytony208:
hmmmm. For the first time in my life, am liking a post about buhari. But bihari also mentioned something: that the FG (gej) does not owe any state their allocation. Buhari is only affirming that 50% of Nigeria's problem (or more) are caused by the state governors and that gej isn't to be blamed for everything.

Don't worry when EFCC is fully empowered to start functioning in every state and some systematic reforms are instituted at all government levels constititionally, you'll understand the kind of powers a president has to make things work if he wants. Anti-corruption is not done by doing gentleman, you fight it with laws and implementation

50 Likes

Re: Buhari Shocks APC Govs, Rejects Ministerial List. by wachakuta(m): 4:45am On May 10, 2015
Rejoice my fellow country people
OUR MESSIAH IS HERE!!!

Nigeria shall soon know the wrath of an Angry fulani man...!!

Go baba show dem why even in da books d North is Feared!!

Winter is coming in Nigeria... and it's coming from the North!!!

FEAR THE NORTH!!!

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Shocks APC Govs, Rejects Ministerial List. by wachakuta(m): 4:53am On May 10, 2015
Zoharariel:

Wish I could like ur post a thousand times!

27 Likes

Re: Buhari Shocks APC Govs, Rejects Ministerial List. by babadem2much(m): 4:56am On May 10, 2015
Always believing BABA, doing things the way it will favour the Govt and the masses. My joy is him telling them straight to their face that itz dia fault and not the FG, n refusing to collect the ministerial list dat is unconstitutional, vindicating GEJ for not owing the states is another welkam developme.

SAI BABA
SAI NAJERIA
SAI ZAMAN LAFIYA
GOD BLESS NIGERIA

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Shocks APC Govs, Rejects Ministerial List. by Nobody: 4:57am On May 10, 2015
They think BUHARI is T. A ORJI...

In fact, GEJ till BUHARI messes them up.

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Shocks APC Govs, Rejects Ministerial List. by Nobody: 5:04am On May 10, 2015
If Buhari continues this way, then people like me will believe in the so called change 'cos there can't be a change in polity with +hieves like Tinubu and co.

By the way, where's Mr. Lair M. undecided

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Shocks APC Govs, Rejects Ministerial List. by ideykwum: 5:04am On May 10, 2015
I won't argue with your brand of foolishness!

Zoharariel:

54 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari Shocks APC Govs, Rejects Ministerial List. by Babacele: 5:08am On May 10, 2015
Blastos:
Tinubu, Amaechi, Rocha's, Oshiomole, Fashola et al are the soul of this change n will give GMB mutual support because of the trust they have in him n were even ready to die for GMB despite all PDP odds. GMB knows how to reward loyalty without compromising integrity and justice. Tinubu n co knows how independent-minded GMB is before risking their everything to bring him on to head the most intelligent n smartest cosmopolitan team Nigeria has ever paraded. Anything said here is mere speculation until post May29 bro.

94 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari Shocks APC Govs, Rejects Ministerial List. by ideykwum: 5:15am On May 10, 2015
These governors are clueless thugs, who basked in the dislike of GEJ and felt immune to responsibility. Everyone of them ran their states like their personal fiefdom, and used their cronies to amass wealth, in the midst of poverty! Including stark hypocrites like Fashola!!

Sure GEJ failed, but all the state governors failed too!

tonytony208:

37 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Donald Duke's Powerbike At Calabar Bikers Carnival / Military Men Raid Okigwe, Residents Tortured, Several Dead (Disturbing Video, P) / Sanwo-Olu To Meet The Boy In The “Mummy Calm Down “ Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.