Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,508 members, 7,808,861 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:11 PM

Where Did The Yorubas In The Caribbeans Really Originated From? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Where Did The Yorubas In The Caribbeans Really Originated From? (994 Views)

Most Cubans Originated From Yorubaland – Ambassador / Obaship Crisis Rocks Yorubas In FCT / When Did The gods Start Eating Cream Crackers? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Did The Yorubas In The Caribbeans Really Originated From? by Tycyborg(m): 5:02am On May 10, 2015
if its true yoruba people came from oduduwa then the yorubas in the caribbeans that claims they are the original, where did they originate from? So i was wondring who are the true yorubas and where did yoruba really originate from... A little light on the matter
Re: Where Did The Yorubas In The Caribbeans Really Originated From? by holloowersheun(m): 5:30am On May 10, 2015
Well I.m.p I'll say that d conc of yoruba indigene found in the carribian today mostly based on the activities of slave trader during its spanned era.. Therefore they are decendant from the actual yorubas you find in the south western part of nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Where Did The Yorubas In The Caribbeans Really Originated From? by Tycyborg(m): 7:09am On May 10, 2015
I think that explains it... Didnt think of that at first... Thanks
Re: Where Did The Yorubas In The Caribbeans Really Originated From? by macof(m): 12:29pm On May 10, 2015
Tycyborg:
I think that explains it... Didnt think of that at first... Thanks
Lol
But really those yoruba folks in the Carribeans are more yoruba than 70% of those in west africa who have been disgracing the ancestors
Re: Where Did The Yorubas In The Caribbeans Really Originated From? by holloowersheun(m): 1:19pm On May 10, 2015
macof:
Lol
But really those yoruba folks in the Carribeans are more yoruba than 70% of those in west africa who have been disgracing the ancestors
Lol... Y do u say dat
Re: Where Did The Yorubas In The Caribbeans Really Originated From? by macof(m): 4:12pm On May 10, 2015
holloowersheun:
Lol... Y do u say dat

Check out YouTube
You see many Santeria devotees with so much passion for the Yoruba identity
Here mosque and churches won't let you hear word

1 Like

Re: Where Did The Yorubas In The Caribbeans Really Originated From? by scholes0(m): 7:00pm On May 10, 2015
macof:

Check out YouTube
You see many Santeria devotees with so much passion for the Yoruba identity
Here mosque and churches won't let you hear word

hahaha ... so true
cheesy cheesy cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Osun Council Of Obas: Chairmanship Tussle Divides Council / Where These Pidgin Words Originated From? / Jackpot Prediction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.