Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,869 members, 7,802,800 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:55 PM

President Jonathan's Portrait Disappears In Kano Offices - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Jonathan's Portrait Disappears In Kano Offices (26380 Views)

Goodluck Jonathan's Portrait At A Refuse Dump In Abuja (Photos) / Saruku Suraju Dies In Ogun Hotel, Mistress Disappears / Buhari's Portrait Replaces Jonathan's In Kano Offices (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

President Jonathan's Portrait Disappears In Kano Offices by Rilwayne001: 6:14am On May 10, 2015
The portrait of President Goodluck Jonathan is gradually disappearing in federal institutions, business centres and other public offices in Kano State.

Constitutionally , Jonathan ’s portrait should adorn public offices and institutions until his handover on May 29.

But our correspondent observed that the portrait of President- elect, General Muhammadu Buhari, have taken over in many offices.

The development confirms many cannot wait for Jonathan to get out of office on May 29.

As a result, the demand for the portrait of Buhari has soared with each going for as high as N 1 , 500 on many streets of Kano .

It was gathered that manufacturers of the portraits have run out of stock after making stupendous money .

In one of the offices visited by our correspondent, Buhari’s portrait welcomes visitors at the reception .

With Buhari spotting a red cap , a spectacle and a white male flowing gown, the portraits has an inscription: His Excellency General Muhammadu Buhari (GCFR ), President Commander in Chief of the Armed Forces Federal Republic of Nigeria .

A café operator, who craved for anonymity, along Civic Centre Road where the portrait of the president -elect was conspicuously hanged on the wall , said : “Buhari has won the election and that was the change we were looking for and the change has eventually come .

“ So, we wouldn ’t want to waste time delaying the time for his inauguration before we start hanging his portrait .”
www.thenationonlineng.net/new/jonathans-portrait-disappears-in-kano-offices/

11 Likes

Re: President Jonathan's Portrait Disappears In Kano Offices by PassingShot(m): 6:15am On May 10, 2015
No matter how legally wrong this is, it's an indication that people cannot wait to see the back of GEJ.

There is ecstatic feelings for the incoming president and that of frustration for having to endure GEJ for another three weeks. When one takes a critical look at what he has even done in the last couple of weeks plus the fuel scarcity problems, their action may be excused.

84 Likes 4 Shares

Re: President Jonathan's Portrait Disappears In Kano Offices by tayebest(m): 6:16am On May 10, 2015
Jonathan now enjoying Ex-president grin grin

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Jonathan's Portrait Disappears In Kano Offices by QuotaSystem: 6:18am On May 10, 2015
They're simply saying good riddance to bad rubbish. Action speaks louder than words.

45 Likes

Re: President Jonathan's Portrait Disappears In Kano Offices by midolian(m): 6:19am On May 10, 2015
Mehn! See finishing..

I am sure subsequent presidents will learn from the ignominy GEJ has suffered.. Many will say 'can Buhari take/bear the kind of insults/criticismz GEJ has been taking'? The answer is simple..There is a saying that "Elderly man wey no wan make pple drag am for ground, make hinself no play fall for ground"..If Buhari performs like GEJ, the same thing awaits him.(God forbid)

In the history of Nigeria, GEJ is and will remain the most ridiculed/criticized president ever..May we never have a president that will run Nigeria like a "Come-and-Chop Restaurant".

132 Likes 12 Shares

Re: President Jonathan's Portrait Disappears In Kano Offices by Rilwayne001: 6:19am On May 10, 2015
tayebest:
Jonathan now enjoying Ex-president grin grin

We can't wait to see buhari in our offices, we are tired of seeing that clueless drunkard on the wall.

GOD BLESS BUHARI
GOD BLESS NIGERIA. cool

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Jonathan's Portrait Disappears In Kano Offices by chekasforchekas: 6:19am On May 10, 2015
Sometimes it's not right to put all your eggs on one basket.

4 Likes

Re: President Jonathan's Portrait Disappears In Kano Offices by OrlandoOwoh(m): 6:20am On May 10, 2015
No time. Aye o kpo.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Jonathan's Portrait Disappears In Kano Offices by ibrokola(m): 6:21am On May 10, 2015
Lol! They can't wait for a change of leadership!

10 Likes

Re: President Jonathan's Portrait Disappears In Kano Offices by socialmediaman: 6:22am On May 10, 2015
chekasforchekas:

While not right,.. Jonathan enjoyed all these too, except they may not have been reported. He still has the right to investigate, but who has time now?

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan's Portrait Disappears In Kano Offices by efilefun(m): 6:22am On May 10, 2015
When he's become irrelevant and abandoning his duties already what do you expect

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Jonathan's Portrait Disappears In Kano Offices by QuotaSystem: 6:23am On May 10, 2015
chekasforchekas:

Except when you own other full baskets.

3 Likes

Re: President Jonathan's Portrait Disappears In Kano Offices by MzJackBaueress(f): 6:24am On May 10, 2015
The picture of him wearring a red cap isn't a bad idea.

Honestly,I will like to buy the General's potrait in my house. It would be the first time I will have a Nigerian president's potrait in my house. cool

General Muhammadu Buhari is very special. smiley

God bless GMB

58 Likes 5 Shares

Re: President Jonathan's Portrait Disappears In Kano Offices by chekasforchekas: 6:24am On May 10, 2015
socialmediaman:

Nothing unusual about this.. Jonathan enjoyed all these too, except they were not reported
I know, but to whom much is giving, much is expected, let's see.

5 Likes

Re: President Jonathan's Portrait Disappears In Kano Offices by gabriel212: 6:26am On May 10, 2015
public institutions must understand that they act in breach of the law as long as Gej still remain the president(until May 29). moreover, the private individual/ enterprises can put up GMB portrait but the presidency period should be btw 1983-1985 except that, it is a punishable offence and synonymous to parallel govt.

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: President Jonathan's Portrait Disappears In Kano Offices by chekasforchekas: 6:27am On May 10, 2015
QuotaSystem:

Except when you own other full baskets.
hehehe which other basket when your life depends so much on the one basket, if things did not work out fine, what do you expect.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan's Portrait Disappears In Kano Offices by chemali: 6:31am On May 10, 2015
Is a presidential portrait required by law in public offices? Or it is just a tradition?

7 Likes

Re: President Jonathan's Portrait Disappears In Kano Offices by Nobody: 6:34am On May 10, 2015
In Kano you said? I'm not surprised. My people say "that sleep will soon belle full dead body".

GEJ will be in Otuoke smiling as usual when people will be asking for his contribution towards NAIJA's peace and stability undecided

32 Likes

Re: President Jonathan's Portrait Disappears In Kano Offices by Gboliwe: 6:35am On May 10, 2015
Very soon, this useless tabloid will apologise. It's the game now.

They talk about private businesses yet find a way to chip in that federal government offices have removed theirs. When further probed now, they claim witches or devil led them. Mcheeeeeew

What federal government office will remove GEJ's picture without instructions? Even the dust and dirt some are paid to do, lie in these offices so much that an asthmatic can't breath well therein

#falsestory

12 Likes

Re: President Jonathan's Portrait Disappears In Kano Offices by QuotaSystem: 6:39am On May 10, 2015
chekasforchekas:
hehehe which other basket when your life depends so much on the one basket, if things did not work out fine, what do you expect.

I believe you were insinuating that the Kano people's total support for GMB was akin to putting all their eggs in one basket, and I was making it clear to you that they have the opportunity to reject him in the next polls, thanks to the PVC if he fails. If your statement is in light of the mess Igbos have found themselves in, remember the PDP (other basket) is owned, founded, and controlled by the North. Besides, the party has confirmed a northern candidate for 2019. Furthermore, all plans so far by the SE to 'get back' at the SW includes using a northern candidate to guarantee votes. Full baskets.

9 Likes

Re: President Jonathan's Portrait Disappears In Kano Offices by adamskutty(m): 6:41am On May 10, 2015
A very welcome development, i advise all other public institutions to do the same. grin

GMB MY HERO
FASHOLA MY ROLE MODEL
GEJ MY SERVANT grin
FAYOSE MY HOUSE BOY grin

15 Likes

Re: President Jonathan's Portrait Disappears In Kano Offices by sinizia: 6:43am On May 10, 2015

As a result, the demand for the portrait of Buhari has soared with each going for as high as N 1 , 500 on many streets of Kano .

It was gathered that manufacturers of the portraits have run out of stock after making stupendous money.

These reporters needs to stop lying. We ain't kids. How many Government organizations are in Kano that Buhari's portraits will run out of stock? What's hard in making portraits? They should come down to Lagos so we'll supply them enough portraits to fill up every offices in Kano. Awon liars oshi. Too much hype these days.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Jonathan's Portrait Disappears In Kano Offices by omenka(m): 6:45am On May 10, 2015
MzJackBaueress:

Honestly,I will like to buy the General's potrait in my house. It would be the first time I will have a Nigerian president's potrait in my house. cool

God bless GMB
Walahi!! I think I'd have the General's official portrait in my house too. smiley

I'd like to have a Nigerian flag too, as is done in the US, but I don't know if that is legal. Would ask my friends in the force about it today.

8 Likes

Re: President Jonathan's Portrait Disappears In Kano Offices by free2ryhme: 6:46am On May 10, 2015
Is it the civilised north or the uncivilised northerners constituting this nuisance?

4 Likes

Re: President Jonathan's Portrait Disappears In Kano Offices by Ngasky(m): 6:47am On May 10, 2015
I wonder how an elderly educated fellow make such mistakes as GEJ has done.
I believe even primary 5 pupil will perform better than Jonathan.
How can such level of corruption be condoled by any sane person?

16 Likes

Re: President Jonathan's Portrait Disappears In Kano Offices by ITbomb(m): 6:50am On May 10, 2015
When I saw The Nation as source, I know say I just wasted my mb

8 Likes

Re: President Jonathan's Portrait Disappears In Kano Offices by Vesuvius(m): 6:51am On May 10, 2015
midolian:
Mehn! See finishing..

I am sure subsequent presidents will learn from the ignominy GEJ has suffered.. Many will say 'can Buhari take/bear all the insults/criticismz GEJ has been taking'? The answer is simple..There is a saying that "Elderly man wey no wan make pple drag am for ground, make hinself no play fall for ground"..If Buhari performs like GEJ, the same thing awaits him.(God forbid)

In the history of Nigeria, GEJ is and will remain the most ridiculed/criticized president ever..May we never have a president that will run Nigeria like a "Come-and-Chop Restaurant".
Bros ur head dey. May nothing do you for prick grin. Removing his portraits already, even when he is still the president? Hmmmm.......Anyway we are all taking notes of how to dish "things" out. Though I pray we never come to this crossroads again.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Jonathan's Portrait Disappears In Kano Offices by QuotaSystem: 6:51am On May 10, 2015
IdiAmin1:

GEJ will be in Otuoke smiling as usual when people will be asking for his contribution towards NAIJA's peace and stability undecided

You mean during the Boko Haram years when he went dancing in Kano? Or the thousands of lives he let perish before he became committed to the fight against terror? Posterity will truly judge him.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Jonathan's Portrait Disappears In Kano Offices by midolian(m): 6:54am On May 10, 2015
Vesuvius:
Bros ur head dey. May nothing do you for prick grin. Removing his portraits already, even when he is still the president? Hmmmm.......Anyway we are all taking notes of how to dish "things" out. Though I pray we never come to this crossroads again.
Amen oo grin grin.. That prayer in bold is the best I ve heard this year..thank you

4 Likes

Re: President Jonathan's Portrait Disappears In Kano Offices by MzJackBaueress(f): 6:56am On May 10, 2015
omenka:
Walahi!! I think I'd have the General's official portrait in my house too. smiley

I'd like to have a Nigerian flag too, as is done in the US, but I don't know if that is legal. Would ask my friends in the force about it today.
you are a Nigerian and you deserve to have a Nigerian flag in your house. I see nothing wrong with it. Abi?

7 Likes

Re: President Jonathan's Portrait Disappears In Kano Offices by CountDracula(m): 6:57am On May 10, 2015
MzJackBaueress:

God bless GMB
U sound like uve fallen in love

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan's Portrait Disappears In Kano Offices by CountDracula(m): 6:58am On May 10, 2015
It signifies beginning of another era, a better one

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ikogosi Warm Spring Resort Under Dr Kayide Fayemi / Why Did Buhari Jail Mahmet Ben Chembi 95 Years? Umar Ardo Urges Trump To Ask PMB / Lottery, Pools, Betting Operators In Lagos Must Have ₦20 Million Share Capital

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.