Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,514 members, 7,808,877 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:26 PM

Photo: See The Lagos Taxi Driver That Uses POS - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Photo: See The Lagos Taxi Driver That Uses POS (46194 Views)

5 Annoying Things Anyone That Uses A Nigerian Bank Can Understand / Thousands Troop Out For The Lagos AYEEN 2016 Screening Exercise - Photos / "Don't Tell Me Nonsense": Photo Of An Igbo Man's Shop With 7 POS Machines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photo: See The Lagos Taxi Driver That Uses POS by adconline(m): 7:18pm On May 10, 2015
Naija is really backward unbeknownst to us.. Some countries like RSA, EGypt, Caribean countries have been using POS for yrs.. Thank God we are just waking up
Re: Photo: See The Lagos Taxi Driver That Uses POS by realtestament(m): 7:18pm On May 10, 2015
Check well na igbo man wink
Re: Photo: See The Lagos Taxi Driver That Uses POS by xmich(m): 7:19pm On May 10, 2015
Re: Photo: See The Lagos Taxi Driver That Uses POS by Nobody: 7:19pm On May 10, 2015
No need for excuses... They use POS in some churches now...
Re: Photo: See The Lagos Taxi Driver That Uses POS by seunlayi(m): 7:21pm On May 10, 2015
I can put my card into that thing, enter your pin and be matched to the ATM with pointed gun
Re: Photo: See The Lagos Taxi Driver That Uses POS by kelvyn7: 7:21pm On May 10, 2015
Mutuwa:
If the network fails nko? And the passenger no get enough cash?

he go do conductor for d whole day nau grin
Re: Photo: See The Lagos Taxi Driver That Uses POS by just2endowed: 7:21pm On May 10, 2015
socialmediaman:
All taxi drivers and infact all businesses in Nigeria need this, not just for the reasons stated by OP but also security. You don't want someone pointing a gun to your head and asking you to bring all you've earned for the whole day

But the same thief driving the car can point a gun at u and told u to empty ur atm card on his pos machine

1 Like

Re: Photo: See The Lagos Taxi Driver That Uses POS by Nobody: 7:22pm On May 10, 2015
ITbomb:
Ignorance na bad thing But to display am so openly na wickedness
hahahahahahaha lol. Funny
Re: Photo: See The Lagos Taxi Driver That Uses POS by Nickymezor(f): 7:22pm On May 10, 2015
Mr Smart guy cheesy mehn, did taxi man fit be a warri guy cheesy
Re: Photo: See The Lagos Taxi Driver That Uses POS by eDoctorr(m): 7:26pm On May 10, 2015
Plz how can I vote against Twaci or wetin she call herself. idiot! I'd rather vote for ghost than voting for that prostitute.

GEJmy hero, Wike my mentor.
Re: Photo: See The Lagos Taxi Driver That Uses POS by Bamz(m): 7:27pm On May 10, 2015
Spaxon:
interesting..........

nobe card reader be dat?

Phew!

Well zoom in on the pic and you'll see the Access Bank logo. Girls,aargg!!
Re: Photo: See The Lagos Taxi Driver That Uses POS by Pavore9: 7:27pm On May 10, 2015
CBN should put more effort on phone to phone payment method as long a phone can receive sms then it is good to go as it requires no internet. They should go and understudy Kenya's MPESA!

1 Like

Re: Photo: See The Lagos Taxi Driver That Uses POS by Nobody: 7:31pm On May 10, 2015
That's very smart of him. I like proactive people.
Re: Photo: See The Lagos Taxi Driver That Uses POS by niggereyez(f): 7:32pm On May 10, 2015
guyz be upgrading cool
Re: Photo: See The Lagos Taxi Driver That Uses POS by Tolexander: 7:35pm On May 10, 2015
ITbomb:
Ignorance na bad thing But to display am so openly na wickedness
prove to me that it is a POS!
Re: Photo: See The Lagos Taxi Driver That Uses POS by rman: 7:35pm On May 10, 2015
Pavore9:
CBN should put more effort on phone to phone payment method as long a phone can receive sms then it is good to go as it requires no internet. They should go and understudy Kenya's MPESA!

That's mobile money.

There was an issue with who should run it here in Nigeria. It a telecoms solution for petty financial transactions. MPESA was introduced by a telecoms firm in Kenya but the permission for mobile money was given to financial institutions (banks) in Nigeria. There has to be a collaborative effort between telecoms operators and banks for it to work seamlessly. It is a way of banking everyone that spends money even if you are in the village so far there is network signal, you are good to go.
Re: Photo: See The Lagos Taxi Driver That Uses POS by niceguy7(m): 7:40pm On May 10, 2015
Soon...i mean very soon..p.o.s will become a thing of must for all business people in naija....carrying cash everywhere doesn't make sense.
Re: Photo: See The Lagos Taxi Driver That Uses POS by Nobody: 7:40pm On May 10, 2015
Yes I support change,but this has nothing to do with the change we've all been shouting. It's not new;I carry my POS with me whenever I visit my clients/customers who can't come to my office or my bakery. Even my customer whom I buy frozen foods from at ogba Sunday market has it. Anyone who has a genuine business that is doing well can apply for it. Its just that for every transaction made with it,there are charges.
Re: Photo: See The Lagos Taxi Driver That Uses POS by Isiterere(m): 7:40pm On May 10, 2015
Tolexander:
this one na INEC Card Reader, not POS!
its a POS, Access Bank is badly written on it.

ALL IZZ WELL
Re: Photo: See The Lagos Taxi Driver That Uses POS by ITbomb(m): 7:40pm On May 10, 2015
Tolexander:
prove to me that it is a POS!
Type "POS" in Google image search and compare the pictures
Re: Photo: See The Lagos Taxi Driver That Uses POS by Nobody: 7:44pm On May 10, 2015
dmorf:
Beware of Drivers with POS, it can be used to Rob passengers at Gunpoint

How? U decide to use it when U get to Ur destination, is not at point of entry and U don't have to show the driver U r paying either cash or POS. In country like Singapore, Taxi Cars have all the medium of payment-POS, Car dashboard Mini touch screen for internet transfer, or either cash. NO story. Although every where, there is CCTV & WIFI
Re: Photo: See The Lagos Taxi Driver That Uses POS by free2ryhme: 7:45pm On May 10, 2015
This is the result of cashless society
Re: Photo: See The Lagos Taxi Driver That Uses POS by donbrowser(m): 7:49pm On May 10, 2015
Jklue007:
The change we can see!

BUHARI my HERO!
AMEACHI my ROLE MODEL!!
FASHOLA my GUY!!!

God bless Nairaland.
Please remove AMAECHI'S name from that list
Re: Photo: See The Lagos Taxi Driver That Uses POS by Pavore9: 7:50pm On May 10, 2015
rman:

That's mobile money.

There was an issue with who should run it here in Nigeria. It a telecoms solution for petty financial transactions. MPESA was introduced by a telecoms firm in Kenya but the permission for mobile money was given to financial institutions (banks) in Nigeria. There has to be a collaborative effort between telecoms operators and banks for it to work seamlessly. It is a way of banking everyone that spends money even if you are in the village so far there is network signal, you are good to go.

Giving it to banks was wrong! Going by Central bank of Kenya data an average of Sh6.2 billion (N13bn) was moved on a daily basis across the mobile money networks of MPESA, Airtelmoney, orange money etc in the first 6months of 2014! lt is even banks that are playing attache to these networks!
Re: Photo: See The Lagos Taxi Driver That Uses POS by lion042(m): 7:57pm On May 10, 2015
Nigeria is still in darkness, so u people are celebrating POS something we use here even i a store opened with 1k naija money...well it's a good news
Re: Photo: See The Lagos Taxi Driver That Uses POS by pipz(m): 8:07pm On May 10, 2015
The cab man is complaint.
However I don't think folks in Naija know about uber. You can signup with d link below.

Use my invite code, ademolao10ue, and get a free ride up to ₦2,000. Redeem it at https://www.uber.com/invite/ademolao10ue

Get a cab with just a touch of a button. You don't have to pay in cash.
Re: Photo: See The Lagos Taxi Driver That Uses POS by Nobody: 8:10pm On May 10, 2015
ta4ba3:
Very soon mama sikiratu oni tomatoes go soon start followed by Broda mufu carpenter and Aunty jamila olosho followed by our dear police... expect dis types of change since we have babaonechance

Walahi, common sense is not common!
Re: Photo: See The Lagos Taxi Driver That Uses POS by pipz(m): 8:10pm On May 10, 2015
The cab man is complaint.
However I don't think folks in Naija know about uber. You can signup with d link below.

Use my invite code, ademolao10ue, and get a free ride up to ₦2,000. Redeem it at https://www.uber.com/invite/ademolao10ue

Get a cab with just a touch of a button. You don't have to pay in cash.
Re: Photo: See The Lagos Taxi Driver That Uses POS by Tolexander: 8:12pm On May 10, 2015
ITbomb:

Type "POS" in Google image search and compare the pictures
for you to think I don't know that is a POS is the father of ignorance.
Re: Photo: See The Lagos Taxi Driver That Uses POS by ritux: 8:18pm On May 10, 2015
What after getting to your destination, the thing decline your card, or no network or error what will the driver do? For me, this is bad market.

What if he points a gun to you and ask you to enter your pin after inserting 100k?

1 Like

Re: Photo: See The Lagos Taxi Driver That Uses POS by Nobody: 8:26pm On May 10, 2015
Spaxon:
interesting..........

nobe card reader be dat?

You are so beautifully Stuupid.
Re: Photo: See The Lagos Taxi Driver That Uses POS by JayJustus(m): 8:30pm On May 10, 2015
adconline:
Naija is really backward unbeknownst to us.. Some countries like RSA, EGypt, Caribean countries have been using POS for yrs.. Thank God we are just waking up

ohhhhhh please...I've been using POS in Nigeria for so long...even at an open air market in abule egba, Lagos mainland (you hear that name)I've used pos there...please don't be saying stuff just because you can type and be a troll behind a screen...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Kuda Bank Releases Statement On Accusations Of Reporting Clients To EFCC / Femi Otedola And His Wife With Bill Gates / How Much Do I Need To Register A Business Name With CAC?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.