Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,711 members, 7,805,927 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:33 AM

Npdc Workers Allege Fraudulent Sale Of National Oil Asset By Outgoing Fg. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Npdc Workers Allege Fraudulent Sale Of National Oil Asset By Outgoing Fg. (14015 Views)

Avengers Threaten Secession As Militants Bomb NPDC Facilities / Metuh Under Fire: PDP Workers Allege He Squandered N450m / PWC Report Latest:CBN And NPDC Refused To Open Their Financial Statement To PWC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Npdc Workers Allege Fraudulent Sale Of National Oil Asset By Outgoing Fg. by sanmori(m): 4:48pm On May 10, 2015
NPDC workers allege fraudulent sale of assets
By Alemma-Ozioruva Aliu, Benin City on May 8, 2015
diezani-allison-madueke• Threaten oil flow disruption

With the end of the current administration coming to an end, there are allegations that the management of the Nigeria Petroleum Development Company (NPDC) may have clandestinely sold a priced oil asset of the Federal Government OML42 to individuals without passing through due process.

Workers of the company in Benin City, it was gathered, protested against the sale within the premises of the company along Sapele Road last Monday and they were dispersed by armed security operatives. The workers had issued a seven-day ultimatum to the Federal Government to reverse the alleged sale or they would disrupt oil flow.

But efforts to get reaction of the management were not successful as security men turned back The Guardian at the gate yesterday on the ground that he did not have any appointment with Managing Director of the company, Mr. Anthony Muoneke.

The Guardian also gathered that tension heightened in the company last Tuesday when members of staff received a memo to hand over some parts of the assets of the company to a businessman said to be from the South-East who is said to be a contractor to the company.

Former Group Executive Director of the NPDC, Dr. Chris Ogiemwonyi, had few months ago criticised the appointment of non-petroleum industry expert to head the company, a development he said, may indicate sinister motives by the Federal Government.

A member of staff of the company, who spoke on condition of anonymity, said the Federal Government was wrong to have appointed a lawyer to head “such an important company.”

He said: “Early this year, we heard a rumour that the Federal Government wants to sell off one of our biggest assets OML42 which they bought from Shell because all the firm’s assets were handed over to NPDC and NNPC.

When we heard of this rumour, we confronted the managing director about it but he denied it because we told them that it is not possible. But we were shocked last week when we were told that they hurriedly sold one of the assets because we have the Ogidi 1 and 2, EGUA, JONES CREEK and they are one of the largest oil wells in West Africa.

“Just last week, we received a circular from the Minister of Petroleum asking workers to hand over to the person that bought it. So, we refused and that was how the problem started.

Our argument is that the asset was not advertised so that people will bid for it. This was done under cover and that is illegal. Our protest started since last week Thursday and we have issued them an ultimatum. If they fail to reverse the decision after seven days, we will shut down all the flow-stations in the country so that Nigerians will ask question.”

“What they are doing is illegal and criminal and if we allow it, they will sell more before the end of this administration. We are worried with the rush at which these things are being sold off.

Now, we are being threatened of sack if we don’t keep quiet but we told the MD we would not keep quiet. The person they sold the asset to is one of our contractors but suddenly, they sold the entire asset to him.

“The action has justified our earlier fears when they brought a lawyer from Abuja to come and head NPDC. we knew he came to do a hatchet job and we have seen it today.

We also want the in-coming President, Gen. Muhammadu Buhari, to hear this because if the entire assets are sold, there will be nothing left in our oil industry. The whole thing will now be in the hands of powerful individuals in the society”, the source further said.

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/2015/05/npdc-workers-allege-fraudulent-sale-of-assets/
Re: Npdc Workers Allege Fraudulent Sale Of National Oil Asset By Outgoing Fg. by younghartz(m): 4:53pm On May 10, 2015
FTC: 3times in a row today grin

Baba plese do something.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Npdc Workers Allege Fraudulent Sale Of National Oil Asset By Outgoing Fg. by donbrowser(m): 10:53am On May 11, 2015
Baba will do the needful

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Npdc Workers Allege Fraudulent Sale Of National Oil Asset By Outgoing Fg. by afuye(m): 10:55am On May 11, 2015
Last minutes looting by Incumbency

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Npdc Workers Allege Fraudulent Sale Of National Oil Asset By Outgoing Fg. by OkikiOluwa1(m): 10:55am On May 11, 2015
This outgoing govt sha

4 Likes

Re: Npdc Workers Allege Fraudulent Sale Of National Oil Asset By Outgoing Fg. by coolluk(m): 10:55am On May 11, 2015
you guys said jonah is clueless, he is not. That guy is a Machiavellian conniving, corrupt politician, that puts up a facade for easily gullible Nigerians.

Imagine losing an election and everything he told us he has been transforming has fallen to shit, no light, no fuel and so on, so i beg to ask what did this guy really do in the last 4 years

40 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Npdc Workers Allege Fraudulent Sale Of National Oil Asset By Outgoing Fg. by Airforce1(m): 10:56am On May 11, 2015
Na wa o
Re: Npdc Workers Allege Fraudulent Sale Of National Oil Asset By Outgoing Fg. by coolcharm(m): 10:56am On May 11, 2015
Well... stealing is not corruption therefore; selling government asset is not corruption cheesy lamo!

Let us set up a committee to look into this alegation (in GEJ's voice) grin at least he is still president

I wonder how many people must have used our C in C's head to drink garri and sugar in the past 6 years. lol

5 Likes

Re: Npdc Workers Allege Fraudulent Sale Of National Oil Asset By Outgoing Fg. by dhamstar(m): 10:56am On May 11, 2015
Ok
Re: Npdc Workers Allege Fraudulent Sale Of National Oil Asset By Outgoing Fg. by missionmex(m): 10:56am On May 11, 2015
There is one oyel worker below me who knows better. Me think his comment will be spot on ........:hear him
Re: Npdc Workers Allege Fraudulent Sale Of National Oil Asset By Outgoing Fg. by Udehpaschal1(m): 10:56am On May 11, 2015
Hmmmmm... #lips sealed....

well, lets see if the poster below me has anything meaningful to say

1 Like

Re: Npdc Workers Allege Fraudulent Sale Of National Oil Asset By Outgoing Fg. by bandely(m): 10:56am On May 11, 2015
Good gracious! What is really happening?
Re: Npdc Workers Allege Fraudulent Sale Of National Oil Asset By Outgoing Fg. by abduljabbar4(m): 10:56am On May 11, 2015
And some fools wanted this to continue

10 Likes

Re: Npdc Workers Allege Fraudulent Sale Of National Oil Asset By Outgoing Fg. by adesegun121(m): 10:56am On May 11, 2015
ok
Re: Npdc Workers Allege Fraudulent Sale Of National Oil Asset By Outgoing Fg. by okooloyun1(m): 10:57am On May 11, 2015
Re: Npdc Workers Allege Fraudulent Sale Of National Oil Asset By Outgoing Fg. by Afolabs101: 10:57am On May 11, 2015
The PWC report stated that for the period under review, NPDC failed to remit any money to the National Treasury! PWC said an estimated $5billion was held back.

Diezani has been running NPDC like its her personal company and now she thinks she will just give away its assets 2 weeks before handover?

In fact, is this woman the President

22 Likes

Re: Npdc Workers Allege Fraudulent Sale Of National Oil Asset By Outgoing Fg. by Halaz(m): 10:57am On May 11, 2015
Chai!!!! Nigeria jaga jaga.
Re: Npdc Workers Allege Fraudulent Sale Of National Oil Asset By Outgoing Fg. by Kx: 10:57am On May 11, 2015
And GEJ was rapping for sympathy saying that his ministers would be persecuted?

If what we hear about the deeds of the outgoing government is proven correct, I think persecution or better still
prosecution is an understatement.

On daily basis evidence for outright Crucifixion are being thrown up and GEJ expect GMB and Nigerians to sympathize and clap for him abi?

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Npdc Workers Allege Fraudulent Sale Of National Oil Asset By Outgoing Fg. by kay29000(m): 10:58am On May 11, 2015
hmm! I knew Jonathan would work on replenishing his loot before leaving office. Anyway,if you have problem lastinglong in bed, hit me up on BBM- 7C22F6EC.
Re: Npdc Workers Allege Fraudulent Sale Of National Oil Asset By Outgoing Fg. by weselomo(m): 10:58am On May 11, 2015
during thier ruling term, they were corrupt, now that they are going, they are still corrupting. i guess that word corruption is in this current admin. vein or blood i should say.

2 Likes

Re: Npdc Workers Allege Fraudulent Sale Of National Oil Asset By Outgoing Fg. by Halaz(m): 10:58am On May 11, 2015
Chai !!!! Nigeria jaga jaga.
Re: Npdc Workers Allege Fraudulent Sale Of National Oil Asset By Outgoing Fg. by blym4real: 10:58am On May 11, 2015
Wow. Jonathanians
Re: Npdc Workers Allege Fraudulent Sale Of National Oil Asset By Outgoing Fg. by onlyson16(m): 10:58am On May 11, 2015
so dis apcian never try to lean after winning,is a pity
Re: Npdc Workers Allege Fraudulent Sale Of National Oil Asset By Outgoing Fg. by AKPARAJA: 10:59am On May 11, 2015
Buhari has suddenly turn to messiah.Nigeria will be shocked if more assets are sold off to Tinubu and Amaechi.These workers are just seeking undue attention cos when the mgt opens up u will another story.GEJ remains president till May 29
Re: Npdc Workers Allege Fraudulent Sale Of National Oil Asset By Outgoing Fg. by shina419(m): 10:59am On May 11, 2015
Jonathan will never know peace insha Allahu .God will punish his entire generations. amin
Re: Npdc Workers Allege Fraudulent Sale Of National Oil Asset By Outgoing Fg. by Boscojugunu(m): 11:00am On May 11, 2015
afuye:
Last minutes looting by Incumbency
no front
Re: Npdc Workers Allege Fraudulent Sale Of National Oil Asset By Outgoing Fg. by dunkem21(m): 11:01am On May 11, 2015
Some people are not listening ...Our flow stations will soon be shut down ..so that Nigerians will ask questions ..we are about to be held to ransom by a cabal ..I stepped on powerful toes - Dizeani

The only fool listening to me now, is somebody that will not keep enough fuel to last for a month after this post.

You may mock me by calling me "Joshua with T.B" but I know that am not T.B Joshua, grin

Infact, that's why Igbo's make money ..
Re: Npdc Workers Allege Fraudulent Sale Of National Oil Asset By Outgoing Fg. by Baterista: 11:01am On May 11, 2015
i fear for dis country
Re: Npdc Workers Allege Fraudulent Sale Of National Oil Asset By Outgoing Fg. by juststade(m): 11:01am On May 11, 2015
This country just tire me for God sake!!!

1 Like

Re: Npdc Workers Allege Fraudulent Sale Of National Oil Asset By Outgoing Fg. by ebonysmoot(f): 11:02am On May 11, 2015
hmmmm

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Senate Presidency: Saraki, Lawan’s Ambition Divides APC / FG Moves To Reopen Peter Odili’s N100bn Fraud Case / Senate Confirms Ejembi Eko, Amina Augie As Justices Of The Supreme Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.