Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:13 AM

7 Injured, Vehicles Vandalized As Hoodlums Go On Rampage In Lagos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 7 Injured, Vehicles Vandalized As Hoodlums Go On Rampage In Lagos (909 Views)

Rivers: One DSS Operative Killed, As Hoodlums Engage Security Men / Amaechi: Wike's Probe, A Witch Hunt, Images Of Vandalized Govt House, A Fraud / Five Injured, 10 Vehicles Vandalized As PDP Thugs Attacks Ambode’s Campaign Team (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

7 Injured, Vehicles Vandalized As Hoodlums Go On Rampage In Lagos by Trailblazer1(m): 10:40pm On May 10, 2015
No fewer than seven persons sustained injuries when armed hoodlums attacked residents of Giwa Street, Adeniyi Street and Cole Street along tollgate in Mushin area of Lagos State.
It was learned that the hoodlums, numbering about 20, stormed the streets, beginning from Fadeyi Bus Stop, attacking  motorcyclists, traders and vandalizing vehicles parked on the streets.
The incident saw residents scampering for safety, while the hoodlums robbed passers-by of their belongings and valuables at gunpoint.
When Vanguard visited the streets, damaged vehicles littered everywhere.
One of the victims, Mrs. Biola Omotosho, a resident whose son, identified simply as Muiz, was attacked by the hoodlums, said: “My son was coming from Ijora, when the hoodlums attacked him, beat him and stole his phone and wallet.
”I was at home when some people, who knew him, came to tell me that my son had been attacked by the hoodlums. When I got there and tried to stop them, one of them hit me  on my head with a plank.
“I ran back home to inform my family members who could help rescue my son.
“Before I got home I fainted on the road due to the blood I had lost.
SOS to Lagos govt
“My son is an easy-going person; the hoodlums have turned our peaceful community to a battled field. We call on Lagos State government to come to our aid.”
Johnson Omobolaji, a commercial motocyclist, who was not spared by the hoodlums, said: “My friend, Emmanuel Ojo, and I were coming from Fadeyi Bus Stop, when we suddenly heard the cry of a woman shouting for help and I persuaded my friend to help the woman.
“When we got to the spot where the woman and his son were being beaten by the hoodlums, we approached them and begged them to allow her go. One of the boys cut my friend and I on the shoulder.”
Loot shop
Mrs. Kudirat Olushola, who sell groceries at Giwa Street, had her shop looted by the hoodlums and her money stolen.
She said: “I was inside my shop attending to customers when suddenly I heard a gunshots. Immediately my customers and I fled.
“When I came back from hiding, they had looted my shop and stolen N300,000 cash kept in the shop.
“I am tired of this hoodlum’s harassment; we want the Lagos State Police Command to come to our rescue, because we do not have another place to run to.”
A commercial motorcyclist, who identified himself as Tunde Azeez, told Vanguard: “About 10 of my friends’ motorcycles parked at a mechanic workshop were taken away by the hoodlums and they told us to come and bail them with N10,000 each or forfeit them.”
He lamented that innocent residents, who were caught in the crossfire, were arrested by policemen from Alakara Police Station.
He said: “I wonder the kind of police we have in Nigeria. They left the hoodlums and arrested my boys who were working in the bakery.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/05/7-injured-vehicles-vandalized-as-hoodlums-go-on-rampage-in-lagos/?hootPostID=111528f5adf507d2aaf0cd394f2abbca

1 Like

Re: 7 Injured, Vehicles Vandalized As Hoodlums Go On Rampage In Lagos by jamex93(m): 10:43pm On May 10, 2015
no pic
Re: 7 Injured, Vehicles Vandalized As Hoodlums Go On Rampage In Lagos by younghartz(m): 10:43pm On May 10, 2015
embarassed
Re: 7 Injured, Vehicles Vandalized As Hoodlums Go On Rampage In Lagos by lomprico(m): 10:46pm On May 10, 2015
Peace loving people undecided

2 Likes

Re: 7 Injured, Vehicles Vandalized As Hoodlums Go On Rampage In Lagos by faray: 10:50pm On May 10, 2015
Re: 7 Injured, Vehicles Vandalized As Hoodlums Go On Rampage In Lagos by Ezenwammadu(m): 10:51pm On May 10, 2015
Agberorism is a very dangerous disease

2 Likes

Re: 7 Injured, Vehicles Vandalized As Hoodlums Go On Rampage In Lagos by Nobody: 10:52pm On May 10, 2015
Fashola should blame it on GEJ as usual

3 Likes

Re: 7 Injured, Vehicles Vandalized As Hoodlums Go On Rampage In Lagos by BlackTechnology: 10:54pm On May 10, 2015
I hope they wouldn't blame Jona grin

2 Likes

Re: 7 Injured, Vehicles Vandalized As Hoodlums Go On Rampage In Lagos by rayopt(m): 11:03pm On May 10, 2015
liberty300:
Fashola should blame it on GEJ as usual
You've got a misplaced point. .coming from a misplaced brain
What has this incident got to do wif uncle fash nd the otuoke-bound fellow!?
Nd what is d 'as usual' in statement for? Is it a now a fashola-habit to blame GEJ?
You are troubled. .you need help!
Re: 7 Injured, Vehicles Vandalized As Hoodlums Go On Rampage In Lagos by talktimi(m): 11:14pm On May 10, 2015
Gej is at fault
Re: 7 Injured, Vehicles Vandalized As Hoodlums Go On Rampage In Lagos by tit(f): 11:25pm On May 10, 2015
talktimi:
Gej is at fault

this is the handiwork of apc and tinubu.
since he cannot sell drugs in america again,
tinubu is feeding all the young men in lagos with drugs.
that is why he can use them for agbero work.

3 Likes

Re: 7 Injured, Vehicles Vandalized As Hoodlums Go On Rampage In Lagos by sosanova: 11:32pm On May 10, 2015
thief-nubu boys on the loose

1 Like

Re: 7 Injured, Vehicles Vandalized As Hoodlums Go On Rampage In Lagos by Nobody: 12:37am On May 11, 2015
The funny part is the arrest of bakery workers by silly NAIJA police but the entire story ain't funny though undecided
Re: 7 Injured, Vehicles Vandalized As Hoodlums Go On Rampage In Lagos by otokx(m): 3:20am On May 11, 2015
Lagos should be replaced with Mushin, there is more to the story.
Re: 7 Injured, Vehicles Vandalized As Hoodlums Go On Rampage In Lagos by ShowYourCertificate: 7:31am On May 11, 2015
rayopt:

You've got a misplaced point. .coming from a misplaced brain
What has this incident got to do wif uncle fash nd the otuoke-bound fellow!?
Nd what is d 'as usual' in statement for? Is it a now a fashola-habit to blame GEJ?
You are troubled. .you need help!
If you don't see how this incident got to do with Fashola, the chief security officer of Lagos State, then it's obvious you are the one who needs help.
Re: 7 Injured, Vehicles Vandalized As Hoodlums Go On Rampage In Lagos by redsun(m): 7:46am On May 11, 2015
With a basket mouth area father as an oba,Lagos seem like a free for all the area boys to let out mayhem on hardworking citizens at this point in time. Akioolu.

(1) (Reply)

Photos: Ambode Pays Courtesy Visit To Past Lagos State Governors & Osinbajo / Yoruba And Hausa States Created This Fuel Crisis / Breaking News: Agric Minister, Akin Adesina Elected Afdb President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.