Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,380 members, 7,808,353 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:45 AM

OAU Lecturer Kidnapped , Car Burnt And Driver Killed - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / OAU Lecturer Kidnapped , Car Burnt And Driver Killed (21507 Views)

Suspected Badoo Group Member Burnt To Death This Morning In Ikorodu (photos) / OAU Female Law Student Kidnapped At Ife, Dumped In Kwara / photos: One Chance People Caught, Beaten And Their Car Burnt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

OAU Lecturer Kidnapped , Car Burnt And Driver Killed by Spaxon(f): 10:55pm On May 10, 2015
OSOGBO—A lecturer at Obafemi Awolowo University, OAU, Ile-Ife, Dr. Femi Omisore, was kidnapped by unidentified persons at the weekend.

It was gathered that the lecturer was kidnapped at Ado-Ekiti, while on his way to Oye-Ekiti.

The lecturer, it was learned, works at the Department of Environmental Design Ma-nagement of the institution.
According to a source, the kidnappers also killed Omisore’s driver and burnt his vehicle to ashes.

The source added: “A car was trailing him and his driver tried to escape but he was caught. The driver tried so much to avoid being overtaken by the unknown men, but it is painful that he did not succeed.

“They eventually killed him. The kidnappers came back to the area and shot at the petrol tank of the vehicle, resulting in an inferno that burnt the car.”

Chairman, OAU Academic Staff Union of Universities, Dr. Caleb Aborisade, confirmed the incident.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/05/oau-lecturer-kidnapped-driver-killed-car-burnt/

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: OAU Lecturer Kidnapped , Car Burnt And Driver Killed by younghartz(m): 10:56pm On May 10, 2015
oboy I made it.... FTC grin
But I don't like the topiccry
Re: OAU Lecturer Kidnapped , Car Burnt And Driver Killed by Nobody: 11:02pm On May 10, 2015
Thats what u geht for toasting a students geh or failing a very dulll stewdent *with connections in high places*

1 Like 1 Share

Re: OAU Lecturer Kidnapped , Car Burnt And Driver Killed by Ask4bigneyo(m): 11:02pm On May 10, 2015
R.I.P to the dead! May The good Lord grants the bereaves the fortitude to bear the irreparable loss,...BTW....
VOTE: T-TRANSPARENCY!
VOTE: W-WELL-BEHAVE!
VOTE: A-ACCOUNTABILITY!
VOTE: C-COMMON-SENSE!
VOTE: I -INTELLIGENCE!
VOTE FOR CHANGE!
VOTE HUMBLENESS!
VOTE HUMILITY!
VOTE TWACI FOR MISS NAIRALAND2015.
WATCH OUT FOR CHERLENE2016.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: OAU Lecturer Kidnapped , Car Burnt And Driver Killed by SleekyP(m): 11:02pm On May 10, 2015
too bad cry
Re: OAU Lecturer Kidnapped , Car Burnt And Driver Killed by Nobody: 11:02pm On May 10, 2015
Space booked
Re: OAU Lecturer Kidnapped , Car Burnt And Driver Killed by juryjay(f): 11:02pm On May 10, 2015
Sad

1 Like

Re: OAU Lecturer Kidnapped , Car Burnt And Driver Killed by damiloladuke: 11:03pm On May 10, 2015
sad
Re: OAU Lecturer Kidnapped , Car Burnt And Driver Killed by mallorca(m): 11:03pm On May 10, 2015
My country Nigeria,i shake head for you

1 Like

Re: OAU Lecturer Kidnapped , Car Burnt And Driver Killed by Nobody: 11:05pm On May 10, 2015
A won Aye ,eiye tabi Buccaneer !!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: OAU Lecturer Kidnapped , Car Burnt And Driver Killed by Fynestboi: 11:05pm On May 10, 2015
shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: OAU Lecturer Kidnapped , Car Burnt And Driver Killed by WisdomCanada(m): 11:05pm On May 10, 2015
We need a world devoid of bad news. Help us Lord.

3 Likes

Re: OAU Lecturer Kidnapped , Car Burnt And Driver Killed by basisop(m): 11:05pm On May 10, 2015
East or West?
Re: OAU Lecturer Kidnapped , Car Burnt And Driver Killed by Timmytimmy: 11:06pm On May 10, 2015
If every one of us can say a 1 minute prayer for Nigeria daily, I believe we will see the difference.
Re: OAU Lecturer Kidnapped , Car Burnt And Driver Killed by jamex93(m): 11:06pm On May 10, 2015
how long will Nigeria continue to live like this na
Re: OAU Lecturer Kidnapped , Car Burnt And Driver Killed by baybeeboi: 11:06pm On May 10, 2015
RIP to d dead.
Re: OAU Lecturer Kidnapped , Car Burnt And Driver Killed by jeeqaa7(m): 11:06pm On May 10, 2015
Y
Re: OAU Lecturer Kidnapped , Car Burnt And Driver Killed by Nimblemind(m): 11:07pm On May 10, 2015
Iamsynord:
A won Aye ,eiye tabi Buccaneer !!!
.. Don't do dirt!

6 Likes

Re: OAU Lecturer Kidnapped , Car Burnt And Driver Killed by WenysAD(f): 11:07pm On May 10, 2015
Terrible
Re: OAU Lecturer Kidnapped , Car Burnt And Driver Killed by Nastydroid(m): 11:07pm On May 10, 2015
shocked

i was expecting a picture of the car sad
Re: OAU Lecturer Kidnapped , Car Burnt And Driver Killed by stinggy(m): 11:07pm On May 10, 2015
Spaxon:

“They eventually killed him. The kidnappers came back to the area and shot at the petrol tank of the vehicle, resulting in an inferno that burnt the car.”

These guys look so determined. More like hired assassins than just kidnappers looking for ransom.

basisop:
East or West?
East-West
Re: OAU Lecturer Kidnapped , Car Burnt And Driver Killed by crownprince102: 11:07pm On May 10, 2015
The school resumption might be delayed again for this incidence.
Re: OAU Lecturer Kidnapped , Car Burnt And Driver Killed by ademega(m): 11:07pm On May 10, 2015
That is the problem ekiti people are in now
Just two days ago , a man was kidnapped in Ara town in Ijero local government

Four days ago, a doctor and his wife were kidnapped in ado

Last week another man was kidnapped in Iye ekiti
The peole of ekiti are living in daily fear now
I guess this one happened today
Hmmmm
We need IGP to relocate their ASAP
Before they kidnap all of them their.
SOS

6 Likes

Re: OAU Lecturer Kidnapped , Car Burnt And Driver Killed by OkikiOluwa1(m): 11:07pm On May 10, 2015
Is the lecturer related to Senator Iyiola Omisore

1 Like

Re: OAU Lecturer Kidnapped , Car Burnt And Driver Killed by femimike1(m): 11:07pm On May 10, 2015
God sad
Re: OAU Lecturer Kidnapped , Car Burnt And Driver Killed by GoldenJAT(m): 11:08pm On May 10, 2015
Owna sure say no b sum of dse guys way don stay skuu. Taya,cos of 1 lecturer wahala or d oda,Fellow lecturers nko??abi him forcefully straf 1 frat member Gf!onli God knws,I pray him cum wholly.
Re: OAU Lecturer Kidnapped , Car Burnt And Driver Killed by morgist(m): 11:08pm On May 10, 2015
This is so sad cry cry cry

May God save him from the kidnappers.

We need an end to this madness.
Re: OAU Lecturer Kidnapped , Car Burnt And Driver Killed by Horizona001(m): 11:09pm On May 10, 2015
Pathetic!!! someone's Dad
Re: OAU Lecturer Kidnapped , Car Burnt And Driver Killed by Islie: 11:10pm On May 10, 2015
Omisore

They must have taught it was Iyiola
Re: OAU Lecturer Kidnapped , Car Burnt And Driver Killed by faray: 11:11pm On May 10, 2015

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Two Nigerians Arrested In India For Fraud / All You Need To Know About Bail In Nigeria / 19-Year-Old Man Rapes 10-Year-Old Girl In Ogun State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.