Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,359 members, 7,808,247 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:22 AM

Banks Get Deadline To Recapitalise - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Banks Get Deadline To Recapitalise (24016 Views)

FG To Restructure, Recapitalise Boa With N500bn / NDIC Boss Urges Banks To Recapitalise / 3 Banks Get June 2016 Recapitalisation Deadline (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Banks Get Deadline To Recapitalise by demmy0325(m): 2:24pm On May 11, 2015
Re: Banks Get Deadline To Recapitalise by Nobody: 2:25pm On May 11, 2015
pretydiva:
Jst here 2 read comments
offcourse u are 2 dull 2 comment on matters lyk dis.
Re: Banks Get Deadline To Recapitalise by Nobody: 2:27pm On May 11, 2015
jazinogold:
so my bank no dy among? omo na to go withdraw my money sharp sharp.....I no wan hear say dem use my money do campaign after election!

e b lyk say the bank Wey Trypa dy use dy there oooo.....so she's banking with the best, that's y she's the best person to win miss nairaland!

TRYPA for miss nairaland! nairaland.com/trypa
did u smoke weed?
Re: Banks Get Deadline To Recapitalise by bleston(f): 2:28pm On May 11, 2015
Bvery good
Re: Banks Get Deadline To Recapitalise by jazinogold(m): 2:29pm On May 11, 2015
sweetorgasm:
did u smoke weed?
e b lyk say na u sell m give me!
Re: Banks Get Deadline To Recapitalise by Nobody: 2:33pm On May 11, 2015
jazinogold:
e b lyk say na u sell m give me!
vote twaci for miss nairaland or else___
Re: Banks Get Deadline To Recapitalise by neyothunder(m): 2:35pm On May 11, 2015
So GTB is not among the banks that scaled tru... on na my eyes ni.... shocked
Re: Banks Get Deadline To Recapitalise by jazinogold(m): 2:39pm On May 11, 2015
sweetorgasm:
vote twaci for miss nairaland or else___
or else u will trek from were u dy to nairalandgrin
Re: Banks Get Deadline To Recapitalise by Nobody: 2:40pm On May 11, 2015
jazinogold:
or else u will trek from were u dy to nairalandgrin
or else i will ban u
Re: Banks Get Deadline To Recapitalise by Onyi4live(m): 2:44pm On May 11, 2015
Even first bank no make am.. Nawaoo
Re: Banks Get Deadline To Recapitalise by Rooneyboy(m): 2:52pm On May 11, 2015
kennygee:
My money is safe where it is. Fidelity.

Hw much do u have
Re: Banks Get Deadline To Recapitalise by atilla(m): 2:54pm On May 11, 2015
Adesiji77:

A leading global investment and finance firm indicated to The Nation at the weekend that some 10 banks have been confirmed to have met the capital requirements under the Basel 11. These included Access Bank, Diamond Bank, FBN Holdings, FCMB Group, Fidelity Bank, Guaranty Trust Bank, United Bank for Africa (UBA), Zenith Bank, Wema Bank and Skye Bank Plc.

http://thenationonlineng.net/new/banks-get-deadline-to-recapitalise/

in guessing the ones that didnt make it remaining are

union
stanbic
keystone
unity bank
standard chartered
citi bank

if im wrong someone pls help me out. but peeps shouldnt fear they have time to submit plans and do the needful

p.s dont go and withdraw ur money from bank because of this news oo
Re: Banks Get Deadline To Recapitalise by redsquare(m): 2:54pm On May 11, 2015
Onyi4live:

You need glasses bro. Didn't you see FBN Holdings on the list?
Re: Banks Get Deadline To Recapitalise by Nobody: 2:56pm On May 11, 2015
Onyi4live:

Pl go back and read it all over again.
Re: Banks Get Deadline To Recapitalise by idupaul: 2:57pm On May 11, 2015
jjwaterfalls:
Eya!!!! This will invariably add pressure on the marketers of these banks. This is serious sad
Wetin concern marketer with recapitalization
Re: Banks Get Deadline To Recapitalise by Nobody: 3:00pm On May 11, 2015
atilla:

union
stanbic
keystone
unity bank
standard chartered
citi bank

if im wrong someone pls help me out

I guess since the bolded are international banks, they would have met and even surpassed the requirements. The local entities are just subsidiaries or associated companies.

2 Likes

Re: Banks Get Deadline To Recapitalise by jamesbridget13(f): 3:05pm On May 11, 2015
neyothunder:
Guarantee Trust Bank made it honey
Re: Banks Get Deadline To Recapitalise by jamesbridget13(f): 3:07pm On May 11, 2015
atilla:

union
stanbic
keystone
unity bank
standard chartered
citi bank

if im wrong someone pls help me out. but peeps shouldnt fear they have time to submit plans and do the needful

p.s dont go and withdraw ur money from bank because of this news oo
its difficult o. my salary acc is with unity bank. God abeg o
Re: Banks Get Deadline To Recapitalise by Nicepoker(m): 3:12pm On May 11, 2015
Make I go withdraw my money from ECo bank o
Re: Banks Get Deadline To Recapitalise by abbey621(m): 3:20pm On May 11, 2015
naija2dabone:
Dear Buhari,

Congratulation once again for your victory at the polls.

Now to the point of this letter: You have got 4 years to keep ALL your campaign promises and your time starts May 29 at 00hrs. Please note that we will not tolerate any form of excuses for non performance as nobody forced you to make those promises. We were told that you are a man of your words, so please in your own best interest, keep your words.

We are not asking for heaven on earth, no. We are simple asking that you deliver on YOUR promises:

4 refineries
40mw of electricity
Naira = dollars
N5,000 for unemployed
One year allowance for corp members
Free qualitative education
Fight against corruption, (not selective fight please)
and many more.

Please dont come asking for more time because we dont have the luxury of more time. Dont tell us to be patient, because if we wanted to be patient, Jonathan would have been our perfect man. Dont tell us past leader destroyed the economy because you were one of them. Just get to work and get us result. If you cant deliver, now is the time throw in the towel.

Be guided

Voter

I've never seen a politician able to keep 100% of the campaign promises, if Buhari fulfills half of the bold items above, Nigerians should be very pleased!
Re: Banks Get Deadline To Recapitalise by Boss13: 3:29pm On May 11, 2015
Before you guys adulterate this news, let me explain. These Banks are systemic important Banks. It means they are very important to the growth of the country or they are too big to fail. If they do fail, the negative outcome would be too much. These Banks are also referred to as First-tier Banks Category. Many of them has applied for the implementation of Basel II (Basel II just means capital adequacy or in layman's ensuring you have enough capital/equity and adequate risk appetite) and in implementing Basel II, you must grow or increase your capital to a certain ratio and that is what CBN is requiring the Banks to do - Give us a timetable to implement Basel II and increase your Capital.

If you follow the trend of events, you would notice that Diamond Bank offered right issues, I believe last year. Access Bank has done their right issue this year. I believe other Banks within the category will follow suit too. If the Right issues cannot raise the adequate capital, public issues would be made. However, the news does not mean that the financial institutions not mentioned are at risk.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Banks Get Deadline To Recapitalise by SeunAero(m): 3:35pm On May 11, 2015
Owo ti jono ooo

biznus:
Source?

*Modified*

Someone please check I can't seem to find Stanbic IBTC embarassed
Re: Banks Get Deadline To Recapitalise by Nobody: 3:35pm On May 11, 2015
This CBN governor, I wonder where they got him from...always making daft policies. Its just the marketers I pity sad

2 Likes

Re: Banks Get Deadline To Recapitalise by 9jagoodman: 3:42pm On May 11, 2015
neyothunder:

You need to go take eye treatment, GTB de there........Guaranty Trust Bank (GTB)
Re: Banks Get Deadline To Recapitalise by Eshence: 3:45pm On May 11, 2015
way first bank oooooo
Re: Banks Get Deadline To Recapitalise by hardbody: 3:51pm On May 11, 2015
Onyi4live:

Did you read FBN Holdings?
Re: Banks Get Deadline To Recapitalise by Eshence: 3:52pm On May 11, 2015
is FBN Holdings first bank of Nigeria?
Re: Banks Get Deadline To Recapitalise by hardbody: 3:53pm On May 11, 2015
Boss13:
Before you guys adulterate this news, let me explain. These Banks are systemic important Banks. It means they are very important to the growth of the country or they are too big to fail. If they do fail, the negative outcome would be too much. These Banks are also referred to as First-tier Banks Category. Many of them has applied for the implementation of Basel II (Basel II just means capital adequacy or in layman's ensuring you have enough capital/equity and adequate risk appetite) and in implementing Basel II, you must grow or increase your capital to a certain ratio and that is what CBN is requiring the Banks to do - Give us a timetable to implement Basel II and increase your Capital.

If you follow the trend of events, you would notice that Diamond Bank offered right issues, I believe last year. Access Bank has done their right issue this year. I believe other Banks within the category will follow suit too. If the Right issues cannot raise the adequate capital, public issues would be made. However, the news does not mean that the financial institutions not mentioned are at risk.

cheesy cheesy cheesy Bros we can read and comprehend. Some of us have even been there before and understand your struggle against runs on the bank. Let this news go virile, body go tell you.

1 Like

Re: Banks Get Deadline To Recapitalise by AIZubair(m): 3:58pm On May 11, 2015
Inception:
Hard times for female bank marketers:
I swear you no well

2 Likes

Re: Banks Get Deadline To Recapitalise by ApexTitan(m): 4:11pm On May 11, 2015
Sweetguy25:
From the look of things, we may have less than fifteen commercial banks in Nigeria five years from now.
We need more banks in this country, the ones we have at the moment are a waste of time. They are not helping the economy the way banks are supposed to.

Remind us again where you earned your degrees in Banking & Finance?
Re: Banks Get Deadline To Recapitalise by Sweetguy25: 4:16pm On May 11, 2015
ApexTitan:

Remind us again where you earned your degrees in Banking & Finance?
Who said I have a degree in banking?
Re: Banks Get Deadline To Recapitalise by bigtt76(f): 4:29pm On May 11, 2015
Den nor de taya for recapitalizing? angry

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Naira Falls To 325 On Dollar Shortage -punch / What Business Can I Start With ₦500k? / How To Find Sort Code Of Any Bank In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.