Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,351 members, 7,808,228 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:05 AM

Trying To Build Muscle? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Trying To Build Muscle? (9014 Views)

Build Muscle The Healthy Way With These Top Tips / Build Muscle And Burn Fat / Build Muscle And Get Big Fast (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Trying To Build Muscle? by hunkzlatan(m): 11:55am On May 11, 2015
So, I opened this thread for guys that are trying to build up muscles but with no luck or anyone that has body building questions in general...like how to lose weight, tone up etc.....will try to answers all...fitness trainer here...thanks!

1 Like

Re: Trying To Build Muscle? by Emexicoman(m): 12:31pm On May 11, 2015
[b][/b]yea I'll like to know if there are foods ,drinks,or drugs that can help beginner builder thanks
Re: Trying To Build Muscle? by spadar4u(m): 12:39pm On May 11, 2015
hope alcohol builds muscle too.
Re: Trying To Build Muscle? by paulGrundy(m): 1:01pm On May 11, 2015
hunkzlatan:
So, I opened this thread for guys that are trying to build up muscles but with no luck or anyone that has body building questions in general...like how to lose weight, tone up etc.....will try to answers all...fitness trainer here...thanks!

Am a bodybuilder, am trying to understand what you mean by the bolded. Perhaps you might want to ask me questions about muscle gain.
Re: Trying To Build Muscle? by hunkzlatan(m): 1:03pm On May 11, 2015
Emexicoman:
[b][/b]yea I'll like to know if there are foods ,drinks,or drugs that can help beginner builder thanks
Just eat protein rich foods.....eat a whole lot of foods...but avoid unhealthy fats and calories...as for supplements, try creatine monohydrate...its a sure fire way to put on weight...but u know the hardwork is in ur workout and diet...cheers....

1 Like

Re: Trying To Build Muscle? by hunkzlatan(m): 1:07pm On May 11, 2015
paulGrundy:

Am a bodybuilder, am trying to understand what you mean by the bolded. Perhaps you might want to ask me questions about muscle gain.
Ummmm....i think what I meant by that is that some people(hardgainers) really have a hard time building muscle mass...I may be wrong cos my knowledge on bodybuiding might be limited so any information from u is welcomed...
Re: Trying To Build Muscle? by Booyakasha(f): 1:08pm On May 11, 2015
hunkzlatan:

I am a body builder, i do martial arts and gymnastics, it's sad nairaland doesn't have this section.
Re: Trying To Build Muscle? by paulGrundy(m): 2:24pm On May 11, 2015
hunkzlatan:

Ummmm....i think what I meant by that is that some people(hardgainers) really have a hard time building muscle mass...I may be wrong cos my knowledge on bodybuiding might be limited so any information from u is welcomed...

Muscle gain is dependent on 3 factors;

1. Diet

2. Form and type of muscle exercise

3. Reps and sets of muscle exercise.

If you do one or more of the above wrong, muscle growth would be slow or even difficult.

2 Likes

Re: Trying To Build Muscle? by paulGrundy(m): 2:26pm On May 11, 2015
Booyakasha:

I am a body builder, i do martial arts and gymnastics, it's sad nairaland doesn't have this section.

Wow seems you and I have a lot in common. cheesy
Which school? Do you do karate? Judo? Tekwaendo?
Re: Trying To Build Muscle? by Booyakasha(f): 3:11pm On May 11, 2015
paulGrundy:

Wow seems you and I have a lot in common. cheesy
Which school? Do you do karate? Judo? Tekwaendo?

I do Karate, and Tekwaendo... although in the gym where i practice some people do Judo so i have some experience with it. School? you mean like educational instituition? UI.

one thing i judge pretty importantly when building a superhero, agile/cute looking muscle mass, is to eat foods with lots of carbs and proteins, and do strenous bodyweight lifting exercise like pressups, situps, handstand pushups, crunches, and bar pull ups...

1 Like

Re: Trying To Build Muscle? by paulGrundy(m): 3:52pm On May 11, 2015
Booyakasha:

I do Karate, and Tekwaendo... although in the gym where i practice some people do Judo so i have some experience with it. School? you mean like educational instituition? UI.

one thing i judge pretty importantly when building a superhero, agile/cute looking muscle mass, is to eat foods with lots of carbs and proteins, and do strenous bodyweight lifting exercise like pressups, situps, handstand pushups, crunches, and bar pull ups...

Yeah.
Re: Trying To Build Muscle? by Strongfaze(m): 5:40pm On May 11, 2015
@ OP you know the general type most guys will want to try out- chest, six packs, shoulder exercises. Mayhap you can upload some photographs showing some procedures. Thanks
Re: Trying To Build Muscle? by LONGFELLOW02(m): 6:25pm On May 11, 2015
I love this thread. .

I've been trying to build muscle but I'm not getting my desire result. . Op, wat do you think i'm not doing right.

Wat are the steps of building muscle to get desire result on time.

I wan get muscle like John cena
Re: Trying To Build Muscle? by Nobody: 6:57pm On May 11, 2015
Get you some protein shakes.
Re: Trying To Build Muscle? by Badosqi(m): 6:58pm On May 11, 2015
Waow! Lovely thread. I love bodybuilding too. Though I don't have access to gym nor supplement, I take lots of proteinous foods
but I know dey joke with my different pushups fewer reps with high sets in few minutes. I do dips and pullups too.

But the one I love most are myt situp exercises: reverse crunch, Toe touch, plank and situps. All of this in 4 consecutive sets. Gruesome and interesting.

I am not doing it to look like brock lesnar, steve cook, ronnie coleman but a lean ripped body like dat of lazar Novovic. Not to heavy muscle mass but a well ripped body.
Make I flaunt my 6-packs jare.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trying To Build Muscle? by pTomz(m): 7:00pm On May 11, 2015
ah only sit up 30× n pushup 50x
Re: Trying To Build Muscle? by hunkzlatan(m): 7:38pm On May 11, 2015
LONGFELLOW02:
I love this thread. .

I've been trying to build muscle but I'm not getting my desire result. . Op, wat do you think i'm not doing right.

What is ur workout like?
Re: Trying To Build Muscle? by hunkzlatan(m): 7:47pm On May 11, 2015
Some workout illustrations

Re: Trying To Build Muscle? by paulGrundy(m): 10:03pm On May 11, 2015
LONGFELLOW02:
I love this thread. .

How often and how long do you exercise?

Do you take any supplements?
Re: Trying To Build Muscle? by klarrychenko94: 7:30am On May 12, 2015
Badosqi:
Waow! Lovely thread. I love bodybuilding too. Though I don't have access to gym nor supplement, I take lots of proteinous foods
but I know dey joke with my different pushups fewer reps with high sets in few minutes. I do dips and pullups too.

But the one I love most are myt situp exercises: reverse crunch, Toe touch, plank and situps. All of this in 4 consecutive sets. Gruesome and interesting.

I am not doing it to look like brock lesnar, steve cook, ronnie coleman but a lean ripped body like dat of lazar Novovic. Not to heavy muscle mass but a well ripped body.
Make I flaunt my 6-packs jare.
hehehe, you dey work for 6-packs factory ni.
Nice abs. Time to hit the gym too, i must burn dis annoying fat too
Re: Trying To Build Muscle? by Emexicoman(m): 9:43am On May 12, 2015
hunkzlatan:

Just eat protein rich foods.....eat a whole lot of foods...but avoid unhealthy fats and calories...as for supplements, try creatine monohydrate...its a sure fire way to put on weight...but u know the hardwork is in ur workout and diet...cheers....
.,......kk thanks
Re: Trying To Build Muscle? by LONGFELLOW02(m): 4:25pm On May 12, 2015
paulGrundy:

How often and how long do you exercise?

Do you take any supplements?

2WEEKS IN a MONTH. .1hour/day

no. . I haven't take supplement b4.
Re: Trying To Build Muscle? by PRISTINEMUSCLES: 4:30pm On May 12, 2015
Yes, this is what i am talking about. @hunkzlatan, you are ripped and looking very dried and nice definitions even to your quads. Nice work there. I dey feel you from here
Re: Trying To Build Muscle? by LONGFELLOW02(m): 4:34pm On May 12, 2015
hunkzlatan:
Some workout illustrations

can you explain those workout illustration shown in the about pic in detail?. .
Re: Trying To Build Muscle? by paulGrundy(m): 5:05pm On May 12, 2015
LONGFELLOW02:

2WEEKS IN a MONTH. .1hour/day

no. . I haven't take supplement b4.

Your training time is ok, just that I think you are not taking in enough protein.
The protein content of our diet is not enough to repair worn out muscle fibres, which is a very important process in muscle gain. Hence the need for protein supplements. These supplements not only help in muscle gain, they also speed up muscle gain.

With protein supplements you gain about 30 to 35 pounds in 3 months sometime that would ordinarily take you about 15months to gain without the supplements

In order words, with adequate rest and consistent power training exercises combined with protein supplements you will achieve your super-model body in about 3 months!

There are many of them available in the market, but the best and most widely used supplement I can recommend for you is whey protein. 2 scoops per day, before and After training is ok (depending on how long you train).

its use is dependent on your weight goals in order to achieve the desired result. Are you training to burn fat and gain muscle? Or to convert fat to muscle? Or just to loose weight? Or just to gain muscle only?.

What weight training exercises do you do? How many reps and sets?

Do you increase the weights?
Re: Trying To Build Muscle? by paulGrundy(m): 5:11pm On May 12, 2015
Emexicoman:

Yes many, whey protein, glutamine, creatine, animal pack. To mention a few.

1 Like

Re: Trying To Build Muscle? by hunkzlatan(m): 7:01pm On May 12, 2015
PRISTINEMUSCLES:
Yes, this is what i am talking about. @hunkzlatan, you are ripped and looking very dried and nice definitions even to your quads. Nice work there. I dey feel you from here
Lol...thanks man...u aren't looking bad ya self....
Re: Trying To Build Muscle? by LONGFELLOW02(m): 9:22pm On May 12, 2015
your training time is ok, just that I think you are not taking in enough protein.
The protein content of our diet is not enough to repair worn out muscle fibres, which is a very important process in muscle gain.

U're right sir, Most of wat i eat are carbohydrates.

paulGrundy:
Hence the need for protein supplements. These supplements not only help in muscle gain, they also speed up muscle gain.

With protein supplements you gain about 30 to 35 pounds in 3 months sometime that would ordinarily take you about 15months to gain without the supplements

In order words, with adequate rest and consistent power training exercises combined with protein supplements you will achieve your super-model body in about 3 months!

There are many of them available in the market, but the best and most widely used supplement I can recommend for you is whey protein. 2 scoops per day, before and After training is ok (depending on how long you train).

its use is dependent on your weight goals in order to achieve the desired result. [i]Are you training to burn fat and gain muscle? Or to convert fat to muscle? Or just to loose weight?

just to gain muscle only?

To Gain Big-Muscle Like Jonh cena.I'm not fat

Menh I don't knw hw to answer this question because I don't knw the name of the weight training exercise I do. I'm just doing it.

Which one is reps nd sets?

Yeah, I do increase weights. .

Thanks, I'm gonna buy that supplement.
Re: Trying To Build Muscle? by paulGrundy(m): 9:53pm On May 12, 2015
LONGFELLOW02:

U're right sir, Most of wat i eat are carbohydrates.

To Gain Big-Muscle Like Jonh cena.I'm not fat

Ok then you need to increase your exercise time to an average of two hours daily and do different exercises to allow each part to the body to rest and recover. Do

Weight training of the upper turso on the first day e.g bench press, coiling, shoulder training.

Cardio on the second day

Lower turso training on the third day e.g abdominals, squatting, pull-over, leg press e.t.c.

3 scoops of whey protein per day (1 before training, 1 after training and 1 before sleeping at night is recommended)

Repeat the trend continously.

Menh I don't knw hw to answer this question because I don't knw the name of the weight training exercise I do. I'm just doing it.

Check them up online, they are many, but the popular ones I know of are bench press, pull ups, situps, pull-over, leg press, squatting, lunges.

Which one is reps nd sets?

Yeah, I do increase weights. .

Thanks, I'm gonna buy that supplement.

A rep is one repetition, or doing the exercise once. A set is repeating the exercise a number of times. Most programs recommend 8-12 reps of an exercise, then a rest, then repeat the 8-12 reps. This would be two sets.

For your exercise regime, 5 sets and 10 reps for one exercise program is ok. Then do about 5 exercise programs. If you notice its easier and lighter for you increase the weight.

1 Like

Re: Trying To Build Muscle? by okooloyun1(m): 12:40am On May 13, 2015
paulGrundy:

Your training time is ok, just that I think you are not taking in enough protein.
The protein content of our diet is not enough to repair worn out muscle fibres, which is a very important process in muscle gain. Hence the need for protein supplements. These supplements not only help in muscle gain, they also speed up muscle gain.

its use is dependent on your weight goals in order to achieve the desired result. Are you training to burn fat and gain muscle? Or to convert fat to muscle? Or just to loose weight? Or just to gain muscle only?.

Nice job

1 Like

Re: Trying To Build Muscle? by Badosqi(m): 1:14am On May 13, 2015
paulGrundy:

Ok then you need to increase your exercise time to an average of two hours daily and do different exercises to allow each part to the body to rest and recover. Do

Weight training of the upper turso on the first day e.g bench press, coiling, shoulder training.

Cardio on the second day

Lower turso training on the third day e.g abdominals, squatting, pull-over, leg press e.t.c.

3 scoops of whey protein ( before after training and before sleeping at night is recommended)

Repeat the trend continously.

Check them up online, they are many, but the popular ones I know of are bench press, pull ups, situps, pull-over, leg press, squatting, lunges.

A rep is one repetition, or doing the exercise once. A set is repeating the exercise a number of times. Most programs recommend 8-12 reps of an exercise, then a rest, then repeat the 8-12 reps. This would be two sets.

For your exercise regime, 5 sets and 10 reps for one exercise program is ok. Then do about 5 exercise programs. If you notice its easier and lighter for you increase the weight.
Nice one from you. But the question you should first ask longie is where does he exercise his body? Home workout or gym, If it is home then he will have little access to all these equipments. And about the protein supplements where can one easily get it in Nigeria?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Woman In Kaduna Gave Birth To Half Human Half Donkey - Graphic Photo / Aju Mbaise.... #500 Now In Lagos Call Us / COVID-19: Africa Records 200,000 Cases, 90,000 Recoveries & 5,400 Deaths

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.