Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,306 members, 7,780,724 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 08:45 PM

Ladi Delano: Nigeria's Youngest Billionaire [pictured] - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Ladi Delano: Nigeria's Youngest Billionaire [pictured] (115368 Views)

15 Facts About Ladi Kwali: The Pottery Woman On N20 Note / PHOTO: Meet Nigeria’s Youngest Billionaire, Ladi Delano / Meet Nigeria's Youngest Billionaire, LADI DELANO (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ladi Delano: Nigeria's Youngest Billionaire [pictured] by mrdrizzy(m): 5:54pm On May 11, 2015
Own a 1billion dollar firm??

Lawd!!

That's so cool

Well we all will get there through hardwork

I'm 2-3years younger dan the time he made his 1st million

And I've already found my 1st 3000$

Lols small bt I hope to grow more

AMEN!!

2 Likes

Re: Ladi Delano: Nigeria's Youngest Billionaire [pictured] by fxbot: 5:55pm On May 11, 2015
RickRichards:
He didn't become a billionaire by just 'talking'; he became one by 'doing'. People talk and talk and talk about plans, but when the time comes to implement their plans, they run off like scared chickens. That's one big lesson life has taught me: too many people are scared shitless of taking risks.
so true bruv, I have been playing it safe and I have come closed to a million naira on 2 occasions but reduced it to nothing in a few weeks time. With what is left, I have decided to take risk, partner with whoever is interested. I have just relaunched after I realised that I have a skill that can make me good money. All I have to do is look for someone who has money and we launch... But that is after I have succeeded in what I launched a few weeks ago. Once that is done, I will kick off big. To me, with my little experience in what I do, making 1 Million naira is not hard anymore.

3 Likes

Re: Ladi Delano: Nigeria's Youngest Billionaire [pictured] by Nobody: 5:55pm On May 11, 2015
DoTheNeedful:
Nice. Good luck to him and every one of us. If this guy were to be from a particular part of Nigeria,guys from that area will not allow NL to rest. There is a[b] strong correlation[/b] between that kind of mentality,chest beating,bragging and low self esteem

Yes! We make noise about our people who achieve great deeds cos we are known to be hardworking and resilient unlike your own part of Nigeria where people beats their chests over mediocre things! FIX THE PUZZLE YOURSELF

2 Likes

Re: Ladi Delano: Nigeria's Youngest Billionaire [pictured] by Nobody: 5:56pm On May 11, 2015
dechandel:
35??
Not so bad.. Ride on cool

Will join you soon cool cool

Lol remember me oh cry
Re: Ladi Delano: Nigeria's Youngest Billionaire [pictured] by castruccio(m): 5:56pm On May 11, 2015
kay29000:
Hmm! I am gunning for that spot...Billionaire in Dollars, not Billionaire in Naira. I have always believed that once I hit my first Million dollars, that Billion dollar mark wont be too far away. I am not so close yet, but I keep working on my goal every day, and keep believing. Anyway,if you have problem lasting long in bed, hit me up on BBM- 7C22F6EC.
Tru talk jare

1 Like

Re: Ladi Delano: Nigeria's Youngest Billionaire [pictured] by MRBrownJ: 5:56pm On May 11, 2015
i personally know this guy back when he moved to China to expand his vodka business from the UK to Asia....... we partied at Bar Rouge and Mint like there was no tomorrow in Shanghai, back in 2007/2008....no dull days nights with Ladi!

btw: Solid Vodka was founded in the UK where Ladi was raised (not China), before focussing/moving to the Chinese market.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ladi Delano: Nigeria's Youngest Billionaire [pictured] by Nobody: 5:56pm On May 11, 2015
danbrowndmf:
If Money talks,i'm tryna hv mine speak like twister.cheesy

Everything we dy face right now go turn story,we will all be rich.

Amen bro
Re: Ladi Delano: Nigeria's Youngest Billionaire [pictured] by Rooneyboy(m): 5:57pm On May 11, 2015
bettercreature:
He probably has a god father somewhere who is providing all those funds
the only way a young guy can get rich overnight without a god father is through internet
Expecially at the age of 24? its not possible
he might be one of the beneficiary of Nigeria's stolen funds

With such mentality, guy , u just going to end up being an ordinary salary earner till u kick the bucket.

5 Likes

Re: Ladi Delano: Nigeria's Youngest Billionaire [pictured] by Setaje(f): 5:57pm On May 11, 2015
lawanson44:

Yes! We make noise about our people who achieve great deeds cos we are known to be hardworking and resilient unlike your own part of Nigeria where people beats their chests over mediocre things! FIX THE PUZZLE YOURSELF

Is this mediocre?.

1 Like

Re: Ladi Delano: Nigeria's Youngest Billionaire [pictured] by RaptorX: 5:58pm On May 11, 2015
baysol:
This is what some wannabes did wrongly in indonasia and wound up killed for drug trafficking ride on omo odua forward match.
Three grams of drugs for that mater, probably worth a couple of thousand dollars. End up spending twenty years in jail then tied to the stakes and shot through the heart. Totally not worth it.

2 Likes

Re: Ladi Delano: Nigeria's Youngest Billionaire [pictured] by shakazuldadon: 5:59pm On May 11, 2015
am sure he's related to Fisoye Delano... that FAM is boxed up oil money

1 Like

Re: Ladi Delano: Nigeria's Youngest Billionaire [pictured] by Nobody: 6:01pm On May 11, 2015
Setaje:

Is this mediocre?.

1 Like

Re: Ladi Delano: Nigeria's Youngest Billionaire [pictured] by francizy(m): 6:01pm On May 11, 2015
DickDastardly:
Good i keep low profile. If not Dickdastardly would have been all over FORBEs cool

Hehehehehe, I like this your name bro.. Permit me to twist it a bit.. AMUdastardly! cheesy
Re: Ladi Delano: Nigeria's Youngest Billionaire [pictured] by Sweetguy25: 6:02pm On May 11, 2015
He's a billionaire in naira, not in dollars. He's probably not worth more than a 100 million dollars.
Re: Ladi Delano: Nigeria's Youngest Billionaire [pictured] by godunia(m): 6:05pm On May 11, 2015
He didn't become a billonaire by struggling to be first to comment on nairaland.my guy I tap into your anointing, I de your back.u gave me hope

1 Like

Re: Ladi Delano: Nigeria's Youngest Billionaire [pictured] by excellentmomma(f): 6:07pm On May 11, 2015
anonimi:

Jarus and other investment/financial analysts in the house, abeg come and explanate me this story oh.

Is it logical to sell a company with annual turnover of $20 million for $15 million

Thanks!

Very good bargain, you can use $1m or less to get an annual turnover of $20m and more. What he sold was his brand and market value of his company. Turnover is not necessarily the money he has or the company has.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ladi Delano: Nigeria's Youngest Billionaire [pictured] by Nobody: 6:08pm On May 11, 2015
anonimi:

Jarus and other investment/financial analysts in the house, abeg come and explanate me this story oh.

Is it logical to sell a company with annual turnover of $20 million for $15 million

Thanks!

Yes, if your turnover/revenue is $20 and expense is $19m, leaves you with an annual profit of just $1m.

Selling a business returning $1m per annum for $15m may actually be a wise decision.

It would have raised curiosity if the $20m was net assets, which is what you ordinarily compare with with consideration (selling price) in arriving at selling decision.

That said, this is only looking at worse possible scenarios to prove that it is not out of place, it doesn't take away the fact that turnover is a key tool to consider in making selling decision.

Summary of my point
Having a huge turnover doesn't mean a business is profitable. Turnover is just the topline, if the middle line (expense) is huger, you can actually have a low or even negative profit (bottomline).

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ladi Delano: Nigeria's Youngest Billionaire [pictured] by pablus: 6:09pm On May 11, 2015
that also caught my attention. without much financial info to analyze though, i'd say the FCF (free cash flow) and the IRR for the company were most likely responsible for the valuation.

anonimi:

Thanks!

1 Like

Re: Ladi Delano: Nigeria's Youngest Billionaire [pictured] by castruccio(m): 6:11pm On May 11, 2015
bettercreature:
You need to wake up
Ehen... Ok beta creature I be lyk who de sleep before?
Re: Ladi Delano: Nigeria's Youngest Billionaire [pictured] by dechandel(f): 6:12pm On May 11, 2015
Lala247:

Lol remember me oh cry
Look who is talking grin
Gimme your range rover sports if you want me to remember you then grin grin grin
Re: Ladi Delano: Nigeria's Youngest Billionaire [pictured] by CyberWolf: 6:15pm On May 11, 2015
bettercreature:
He probably has a god father somewhere who is providing all those funds
the only way a young guy can get rich overnight without a god father is through internet
Expecially at the age of 24? its not possible
he might be one of the beneficiary of Nigeria's stolen funds
You are a lazy cow..Do you think others waste their time ranting on NL like you?..Stay there,don't go and work hard to discover your destiny undecided

2 Likes

Re: Ladi Delano: Nigeria's Youngest Billionaire [pictured] by pbs4real(m): 6:17pm On May 11, 2015
dechandel:
Look who is talking grin
Gimme your range rover sports if you want me to remember you then grin grin grin
is it the one mr cork own?
Re: Ladi Delano: Nigeria's Youngest Billionaire [pictured] by netbaze(m): 6:19pm On May 11, 2015
i believe one day i go get there
Re: Ladi Delano: Nigeria's Youngest Billionaire [pictured] by CyberWolf: 6:20pm On May 11, 2015
Dyt:
Is he still single?
grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Ladi Delano: Nigeria's Youngest Billionaire [pictured] by 1stola: 6:21pm On May 11, 2015
olaxco2f:

one of em will get my vote sha !!! me too
You are a goat. Where is tohpahz 's post in this thread? Bloody Hypocrites! angry For that, Twaci could get my post.
Re: Ladi Delano: Nigeria's Youngest Billionaire [pictured] by LuckyLadolce(m): 6:21pm On May 11, 2015
Basildvalour:
Flex the money man, you've made it

I am coming!
we gonna be going together bro! grin
Re: Ladi Delano: Nigeria's Youngest Billionaire [pictured] by 1stola: 6:22pm On May 11, 2015
olaxco2f:

one of em will get my vote sha !!! me too
You are a goat. Where is tohpahz 's post in this thread? Bloody Hypocrites! angry For that, Twaci could get my post.
Re: Ladi Delano: Nigeria's Youngest Billionaire [pictured] by Basildvalour(m): 6:23pm On May 11, 2015
LuckyLadolce:
we gonna be going together bro! grin
Sure man!

1 Like

Re: Ladi Delano: Nigeria's Youngest Billionaire [pictured] by Nobody: 6:24pm On May 11, 2015
Jealous and inspired
Re: Ladi Delano: Nigeria's Youngest Billionaire [pictured] by toyo4souls(m): 6:27pm On May 11, 2015
DELANO! I AM COMING FOR YOU!
Re: Ladi Delano: Nigeria's Youngest Billionaire [pictured] by tohpahz(f): 6:28pm On May 11, 2015
1stola:

You are a goat.
Where is tohpahz 's post in this thread?
Bloody Hypocrites! angry
For that, Twaci could get my post.

Ogah.. what's the problem..??

1 Like

Re: Ladi Delano: Nigeria's Youngest Billionaire [pictured] by rofemiguwa(f): 6:29pm On May 11, 2015
tongue :PIs is he married grin wink

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Youwin Connect Business Competition 2017 / Jamil Abubakar And Fatima Dangote's Wedding In Kano (More Photos) / Arrest MMM Promoters - House Of Reps To EFCC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.