Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,821 members, 7,798,768 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 10:04 AM

Best Network For Cheaper Calls - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Best Network For Cheaper Calls (6593 Views)

Which Of These Nigerian Telcos Is Your Preferred Network For Internet? / Glo Launches Cheaper Calls To 30 Countries / The Fastest And Most Economical Network For Data (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Best Network For Cheaper Calls by Cmanforall: 7:53pm On May 11, 2015
My people, what is the best Nigerian network for making cheaper calls?
Initially, I thought it was glo. But recently, their call charges escalated... Even their bonus airtime is no more available @ #122*7#

I need suggestion of a network that can call all other ones @ a cheaper rate..

Awaiting responses...

Tnx.
Re: Best Network For Cheaper Calls by Nobody: 6:11pm On May 12, 2015
Cmanforall:
My people, what is the best Nigerian network for making cheaper calls?
Initially, I thought it was glo. But recently, their call charges escalated... Even their bonus airtime is no more available @ #122*7#

I need suggestion of a network that can call all other ones @ a cheaper rate..

Awaiting responses...

Tnx.
Airtel 2good premier. Call @ .12k/sec all network

1 Like

Re: Best Network For Cheaper Calls by Cmanforall: 8:59pm On May 12, 2015
asuustrike2009:
How can one migrate? The Code
Re: Best Network For Cheaper Calls by donhils: 2:12pm On May 13, 2015
asuustrike2009:

You may want to doubt it but MTN is the best when it comes to making affordable calls. With Truetalk you can call 11 numbers at 11k/s from the very minute.
Talking about your Airtel 2good premier offering 12k/s to all networks, you didn't say that this happens after you've called at 40k/s for the 1st 60 seconds on calls to each network. I.e, call mtn for the 1st 60 secs at 40k/s and subsequent mtn calls would cost 12k/s for the rest of the day, but if u call Airtel,glo, Etisalat it will start again at 40k/s for the first 60 secs.
Hope somebody got what I said ?
Re: Best Network For Cheaper Calls by Nobody: 6:49pm On May 13, 2015
Mtn zone is the best. You call all networks for as low as 4k/sec. To migrate dial *135*1#.just add *at the end of the number when calling other network

1 Like

Re: Best Network For Cheaper Calls by Rexnegro(m): 10:28pm On May 13, 2015
Ccanyanwu:
Mtn zone is the best. You call all networks for as low as 4k/sec. To migrate dial *135*1#.just add *at the end of the number when calling other network

A'ight tanx for dat hint
Re: Best Network For Cheaper Calls by Nobody: 11:16pm On May 13, 2015
donhils:

You may want to doubt it but MTN is the best when it comes to making affordable calls. With Truetalk you can call 11 numbers at 11k/s from the very minute.
Talking about your Airtel 2good premier offering 12k/s to all networks, you didn't say that this happens after you've called at 40k/s for the 1st 60 seconds on calls to each network. I.e, call mtn for the 1st 60 secs at 40k/s and subsequent mtn calls would cost 12k/s for the rest of the day, but if u call Airtel,glo, Etisalat it will start again at 40k/s for the first 60 secs.
Hope somebody got what I said ?
My dear friend MTN true talk is rebranded family and friends plan that was abolished. The 11k/sec is restricted to 11 nos from any network in Nigeria while you are billed 20k/sec or N12/min to other nos not registered on family and friends. Supposing I want to call you and I have exhausted the number of persons registered om my list, I will 20k/sec that is if you are not on my family and friends list. Secondly all the tariff plans from other the operators have one form of condition or the other . For example MTN ipulse,supersaver,smooth talk, etisalat easy cliq,glo bounce e.t.c. The condition is first min @ 40k/sec and then follow reduced rate falling around 15k/sec flat all networks. Except glo bounce and ipulse that charge 11k/sec within the campus only. Whereas airtel 2good premier is the cheapest because after first min @ 40k/sec , you pay 12k/sec flat to other networks. Take note that once you initial calls to airtel line, your first min will be 40k/sec even though you had call for about 60sec @ 40k/sec to other networks. Dial *230# to migrate to this plan but take note that all airtel tariff plan isn't cheap for international calls.
Re: Best Network For Cheaper Calls by Nobody: 11:19pm On May 13, 2015
Ccanyanwu:
MTN zone is cheap for mtn calls only as you rate varies with the discounted rate of location. You call other networks at 20k/sec. MTN isn't ideal because the day you need to make an important call, you might be charged 40k/sec.
Re: Best Network For Cheaper Calls by Nobody: 11:34pm On May 13, 2015
Cmanforall:

How can one migrate?
The Code
Dial *230# to migrate. First migration is free while subsequent migration isn't free until it completes 30days before free migration. First min calls @ 40k/sec or N24/min then 12k/sec or N7.20/min to all networks. Please note that when you call airtel or any networks, you are charged 40k/sec respectively. What this means that if you call airtel for 60sec @ 40k/sec and then you want to call etisalat, you will be charged 40k/sec intead of your calls dropping to 12k/sec. Until you make 60 second @ 40k/sec if you route to etisalat,you wouldn't enjoy 12'k/sec to it but you will enjoy 12k/sec to airtel since you had spent your first 60sec @ 40k/sec. Advice, always route your calls to other networks to enjoy the call reduction because in doing so, you calls drop to 12k/sec after first 60sec of call @ 40k/sec being route to other operators. This is the cheapest rate ever to make national calls. MTN bill 15'/sec on ipulse,super saver plus and smooth, glo also bill the same on bounce plan except on campus.
Re: Best Network For Cheaper Calls by donhils: 7:03am On May 14, 2015
asuustrike2009:

My dear friend MTN true talk is rebranded family and friends plan that was abolished. The 11k/sec is restricted to 11 nos from any network in Nigeria while you are billed 20k/sec or N12/min to other nos not registered on family and friends. Supposing I want to call you and I have exhausted the number of persons registered om my list, I will 20k/sec that is if you are not on my family and friends list. Secondly all the tariff plans from other the operators have one form of condition or the other . For example MTN ipulse,supersaver,smooth talk, etisalat easy cliq,glo bounce e.t.c. The condition is first min @ 40k/sec and then follow reduced rate falling around 15k/sec flat all networks. Except glo bounce and ipulse that charge 11k/sec within the campus only. Whereas airtel 2good premier is the cheapest because after first min @ 40k/sec , you pay 12k/sec flat to other networks. Take note that once you initial calls to airtel line, your first min will be 40k/sec even though you had call for about 60sec @ 40k/sec to other networks. Dial *230# to migrate to this plan but take note that all airtel tariff plan isn't cheap for international calls.
The last part of your explanation didn't go down quite well with me. I use 2good Premier and this is how I'm billed daily. I call first mtn number at 40k/s, then subsequent mtn calls are 12k/s. If I then call etisalat number, the 1st 60 secs will be 40k/s again even tho I'm already calling mtn at 12k/s the same day. So if exhaust etisalat first 60 secs, subsequent eti calls become 12k/s. Then I initiate a Glo call the same day, the 1st 1 min will still be 40k/s Then other calls on Glo numbers bcom 12k/s. And finally I try airtel call the same day, the same cycle is repeated. Isn't that how yours is billed?
Re: Best Network For Cheaper Calls by Nobody: 10:47am On May 14, 2015
donhils:

The last part of your explanation didn't go down quite well with me. I use 2good Premier and this is how I'm billed daily. I call first mtn number at 40k/s, then subsequent mtn calls are 12k/s. If I then call etisalat number, the 1st 60 secs will be 40k/s again even tho I'm already calling mtn at 12k/s the same day. So if exhaust etisalat first 60 secs, subsequent eti calls become 12k/s. Then I initiate a Glo call the same day, the 1st 1 min will still be 40k/s Then other calls on Glo numbers bcom 12k/s. And finally I try airtel call the same day, the same cycle is repeated. Isn't that how yours is billed?
No. Am sure it is network issue from them. When you call another network be it mtn,glo or etisalat, it is the same regressive billing. First min 40k/sec n 2nd min @ 12k/sec. Try and call them to resolve it
Re: Best Network For Cheaper Calls by Nobody: 1:31pm On May 14, 2015
asuustrike2009:

MTN zone is cheap for mtn calls only as you rate varies with the discounted rate of location. You call other networks at 20k/sec. MTN isn't ideal because the day you need to make an important call, you might be charged 40k/sec.
You can call other networks at the same rate you call mtn numbers. Just add ✳ at the end of the number e. g 08055348895*. Mtn zone is better cause it's not restricted to only 11 numbers and you get low call rates at off peak periods
Re: Best Network For Cheaper Calls by Emmanuel602(m): 1:58pm On May 14, 2015
Etisalat easy starter rocks!!

You get 200% bonus on every recharge from N200 above. That is N600 for every N200 recharged to call all networks @ 40k/s after the first minute and 20k/s for subsequent minutes.
And an additional N300 to call your 5 me to you numbers.........that's good value for money
Re: Best Network For Cheaper Calls by Nobody: 2:59pm On May 14, 2015
Ccanyanwu:

You can call other networks at the same rate you call mtn numbers. Just add ✳ at the end of the number e. g 08055348895*. Mtn zone is better cause it's not restricted to only 11 numbers and you get low call rates at off peak periods
Well that is a cheat or trick. By the time they get to know, they will block it. Secondly mtn zone isn't favourable cos there are times you want to make an important call , you might be charged 40k/sec.

1 Like

Re: Best Network For Cheaper Calls by Nobody: 3:03pm On May 14, 2015
Emmanuel602:

You get 200% bonus on every recharge from N200 above. That is N600 for every N200 recharged to call all networks @ 40k/s after the first minute and 20k/s for subsequent minutes.
And an additional N300 to call your 5 me to you numbers.........that's good value for money
That is not really true. Etisalat will never charge you 20k/sec from bonus account. Secondly what the op said was the cheapest tariff plan of etisalat is ruled out. Of all the service providers, etisalat is the most expensive telephone operator in terms of calls and probably data

1 Like

Re: Best Network For Cheaper Calls by Emmanuel602(m): 3:27pm On May 14, 2015
asuustrike2009:

That is not really true. Etisalat will never charge you 20k/sec from bonus account. Secondly what the op said was the cheapest tariff plan of etisalat is ruled out. Of all the service providers, etisalat is the most expensive telephone operator in terms of calls and probably data

From your post it seems you don't use etisalat. But I'm telling you from experience and they also give you 2gb data @ 2k which I bet not all networks can bit that
Re: Best Network For Cheaper Calls by Nobody: 3:49pm On May 14, 2015
asuustrike2009:

Well that is a cheat or trick. By the time they get to know, they will block it. Secondly mtn zone isn't favourable cos there are times you want to make an important call , you might be charged 40k/sec.
I've been using it for years now and as regards the rate being that high you deal with it. Personally I can't remember the last time I was charged 40k/sec. The highest I get these days is 24k/sec and that's usually between 6:30pm and 9:30pm. Bro the pros out rightly outweighs the cons.
Re: Best Network For Cheaper Calls by Nobody: 3:52pm On May 14, 2015
Emmanuel602:

From your post it seems you don't use etisalat. But I'm telling you from experience and they also give you 2gb data @ 2k which I bet not all networks can bit that
MTN gives you 2015mb for N2015

1 Like

Re: Best Network For Cheaper Calls by agrovick(m): 5:16pm On May 14, 2015
Ccanyanwu:

I don't think this works anymore
Re: Best Network For Cheaper Calls by donhils: 5:47pm On May 14, 2015
asuustrike2009:

No. Am sure it is network issue from them. When you call another network be it mtn,glo or etisalat, it is the same regressive billing. First min 40k/sec n 2nd min @ 12k/sec. Try and call them to resolve it
I use it every day and that's how I'm billed every day.
Re: Best Network For Cheaper Calls by Oyetboy(m): 7:26pm On May 14, 2015
Emmanuel602:

when it comes to calls etisalat is the most expensive
Re: Best Network For Cheaper Calls by Nobody: 7:27pm On May 14, 2015
donhils:

Was it not on this forum some persons complained that MTN zone is static @ 40k/sec for some days. https://www.nairaland.com/2004987/mtn-zone-now-40k. Read the link and judge for yourself. MTN zone is dynamic and it charges based on network usuage and location
Re: Best Network For Cheaper Calls by Nobody: 7:31pm On May 14, 2015
donhils:

I use etisalat and I know their rates. Perharps your line is favourable but not all lines stand that chance to enjoy that. All the service provider charge ranging from 30k/sec to 50k/sec on bonus account.
Re: Best Network For Cheaper Calls by Nobody: 7:33pm On May 14, 2015
agrovick:
It is still working
Re: Best Network For Cheaper Calls by Nobody: 7:36pm On May 14, 2015
Ccanyanwu:

MTN gives you 2015mb for N2015
There is no difference either between 2015 for N2,015 and 2g for N2,000 as they are the same. The only good thing here is that MTN data doesn't burn like other networks.
Re: Best Network For Cheaper Calls by Nobody: 7:39pm On May 14, 2015
Emmanuel602:

Airtel android bundle was first lauch before other networks follow suit. It cost 2g for N2,000 too. So airtel, mtn and etisalat are at leverage since they offer similar data allowance. Secondly the Op was referring to cheap call rate and not data.
Re: Best Network For Cheaper Calls by Nobody: 7:58pm On May 14, 2015
Emmanuel602:

Etisalat starter charges 40k/sec first min and 20k/sec subsequent mins. 2. You recharge N200 to give N600 bonus to call all networks but the bonus rate is 40k/sec from bonus account. 3. You are only allowed to register 5 etisalat numbers on your "You and Me". The charging rate from bonus is 40k/sec. In a nutshell, all bonus account are billed 40k/sec whether You and Me or Weekednd offer.
Re: Best Network For Cheaper Calls by Nobody: 8:20pm On May 14, 2015
asuustrike2009:

There is no difference either between 2015 for N2,015 and 2g for N2,000 as they are the same. The only good thing here is that MTN data doesn't burn like other networks.
.he was trying to make it look like its only etisalat that offers 2gb@2k.mind u etisalat doesn't consume data at double the rate and etisalat browsing speed beats that of mtn.
Re: Best Network For Cheaper Calls by Nobody: 8:24pm On May 14, 2015
agrovick:

.it stil works bro but nt wt al numbers especially the new range of sim cards out on the market now
Re: Best Network For Cheaper Calls by agrovick(m): 9:11pm On May 14, 2015
asuustrike2009:
It is still working
Mine is not going again o, gbese
Re: Best Network For Cheaper Calls by donhils: 11:43pm On May 14, 2015
asuustrike2009:

Was it not on this forum some persons complained that MTN zone is static @ 40k/sec for some days. https://www.nairaland.com/2004987/mtn-zone-now-40k. Read the link and judge for yourself. MTN zone is dynamic and it charges based on network usuage and location
Did I ever say anything about MTN zone? have been talking about airtel 2good premier.
Re: Best Network For Cheaper Calls by donhils: 11:49pm On May 14, 2015
Emmanuel602:

How can 2gb at 2k be very good when Glo offers 4.5GB at N2500? MTN also offers 4.5GB at N2500 although in this one T&C applies but in the long run it's still better than 2gb at 2k.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Share VPN Network From Mobile To PC Using DF Tethering Fix App / TECNO Latest Device With 5000mah Battery And Full View Display / Infinix Hot 8 Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.