Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,311 members, 7,808,050 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:57 AM

Obasanjo, Buhari, Gowon, Others Attend Jonathan’s Last Council Of State Meeting - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo, Buhari, Gowon, Others Attend Jonathan’s Last Council Of State Meeting (30237 Views)

Throwback Photo Of Obasanjo & Buhari In 1978 & Now / What I Discussed With President Buhari – Gowon / Buhari: Why My Meetings With Jonathan Last Less Than 15 Minutes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obasanjo, Buhari, Gowon, Others Attend Jonathan’s Last Council Of State Meeting by ubamoney(m): 1:49pm On May 12, 2015
When i read the way our generation abuse ourselves on social network, i just week. Y cant we make mean ing ful contribution to d growth öf this great nation.my take is we (youths) have to wake up and take the bull by d Horn

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo, Buhari, Gowon, Others Attend Jonathan’s Last Council Of State Meeting by OrlandoOwoh(m): 1:49pm On May 12, 2015
donphilopus:

He took peeps like him for granted. Maybe he has forgotten the role he (Obasanjo) played during the 2011 PDP Presidential Primaries that saw him in!
If you watched the 2011 campaigns, how Obasanjo took Jonathan round the country campaigning, compare it to that of 2015, you will agree with me that Jonathan has a product which he can not market.
Re: Obasanjo, Buhari, Gowon, Others Attend Jonathan’s Last Council Of State Meeting by gentlelarry(m): 1:50pm On May 12, 2015
Trust Nollywood, that time wey obasanjo enter the sound go be like "" gan gan unnnnnn"" fear go don catch jona... D obj na badt guy, I know he intentionally went late.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo, Buhari, Gowon, Others Attend Jonathan’s Last Council Of State Meeting by faith405: 1:50pm On May 12, 2015
donphilopus:

Do you actually mean 'honourably'?!

Two versions of English language exist - British and American. That is why favour and favor mean the exact same thing. The dude is not wrong.

3 Likes

Re: Obasanjo, Buhari, Gowon, Others Attend Jonathan’s Last Council Of State Meeting by FitnessNigeria: 1:51pm On May 12, 2015
donphilopus:
The task to oust Jonathan has been accomplished, that's the reason Obasanjo was present. He only went there to mock Jonathan (the outgoing President). Immediately Jonathan steps out of Aso Rock, Obasanjo would be more respected than him because he completed his two terms while Jonah was ousted. Difference dey!!! cheesy grin

Do you know the meaning of oust? If Jonathan was ousted this country would have boiled.

He lost an election which is comon, he ain't the first politician to lose an election, this goes to show he is a democrat and not a sit tight leader.

Only people like you will respect obasanjo while shouting change.

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo, Buhari, Gowon, Others Attend Jonathan’s Last Council Of State Meeting by iwatchandlisten(m): 1:51pm On May 12, 2015
I guess you're talking about love amongst our present and past leaders? good talk. But that expression "no love lost between them" actually means they hate each other. English is funny like that!

DaGC:
Well, at least beyond all the hatred of their various supporters, there's no love lost between them.

#PeacefulNigeria
#UnitedNigeria

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo, Buhari, Gowon, Others Attend Jonathan’s Last Council Of State Meeting by donphilopus: 1:51pm On May 12, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

If you watched the 2011 campaigns, how Obasanjo took Jonathan round the country campaigning, compare it to that of 2015, you will agree with me that Jonathan has a product which he can not market.

Yes na.. Jonathan's 2011 Campaigns can never be compared to that of 2015. Who's Jonathan politically without the likes of Obasanjo! I'm glad he's out!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo, Buhari, Gowon, Others Attend Jonathan’s Last Council Of State Meeting by donphilopus: 1:53pm On May 12, 2015
FitnessNigeria:

Do you know the meaning of oust? If Jonathan was ousted this country would have boiled.

He lost an election which is comon, he ain't the first politician to lose an election, this goes to show he is a democrat and not a sit tight leader.

Only people like you will respect obasanjo while shouting change.

We ousted him with our votes, simple!

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo, Buhari, Gowon, Others Attend Jonathan’s Last Council Of State Meeting by PassingShot(m): 1:54pm On May 12, 2015
And the journey of 10,000KM to Otuoke begins. grin grin grin

Nigerians will not miss you Mr. Jonathan Dunno cool cool cool
Re: Obasanjo, Buhari, Gowon, Others Attend Jonathan’s Last Council Of State Meeting by texazzpete(m): 1:54pm On May 12, 2015
princemillla:
All is well, ..... I love all the past leaders of this country. They always stand by the present leader.

You do realize they are paid to be there?

They receive relatively hefty allowances and pensions, and attending the council of state meetings is one of their remaining functions. Plus they get to be close to power.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo, Buhari, Gowon, Others Attend Jonathan’s Last Council Of State Meeting by donphilopus: 1:55pm On May 12, 2015
faith405:

Two versions of English language exist - British and American. That is why favour and favor mean the exact same thing. The dude is not wrong.

I never said he was wrong o.... I was just perplexed he said Jonathan would be leaving honorably/honourably!
Re: Obasanjo, Buhari, Gowon, Others Attend Jonathan’s Last Council Of State Meeting by juman(m): 1:57pm On May 12, 2015
Another nonsense meeting. Useless people.

A nation with less than 4k MW.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo, Buhari, Gowon, Others Attend Jonathan’s Last Council Of State Meeting by Nobody: 1:59pm On May 12, 2015
Obasanjo and Alhaji Buhari can have Aso Rock to themselves...

Jonathan remains a hero!

4 Likes

Re: Obasanjo, Buhari, Gowon, Others Attend Jonathan’s Last Council Of State Meeting by PassingShot(m): 2:01pm On May 12, 2015
barcanista:

Jonathan remains a hero!

grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cool cool cool
Re: Obasanjo, Buhari, Gowon, Others Attend Jonathan’s Last Council Of State Meeting by Toffy200: 2:03pm On May 12, 2015
I am writing this because it happened right in my eyes! A colleague of mine Ifeoma Nwachukwu saw a police officer collecting bribe from a road users this morning at Okota about 6:29am.. Ifeoma took a photo of this act with her phone and immediately this police man by name 'Chukwu Nge' forcefully dragged the phone off her hand injuring her in the process and another police from the driver said dragged her brother who was driving by the neck too so they dnt drive off. After succeeding to do this, he deleted the picture and I came down from my car to plead with the policeman as he was becoming violent.. This policeman immediately called his squad and spoke in Yoruba "We need the van and two policemen Asap as there are men here who are dragging our guns and assaulting men in uniform" i was shocked and i asked the police why he lied and he was unapologetic! As I speak they have taken Ifeoma and her brothers to Isolo police station in Okota Lagos and they have charged them to Okota court on this yellowed charges! Please I need you to please pass on this broadcast till it gets to the right audience!!! My name is ayanskid and I stand for #JusticeForifeoma

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo, Buhari, Gowon, Others Attend Jonathan’s Last Council Of State Meeting by Nazeeboy(m): 2:08pm On May 12, 2015
What?!.............. I hear u mention sambo Dasuki at the meeting. I hope say Baba no dey look am with one eye oooooo.
Re: Obasanjo, Buhari, Gowon, Others Attend Jonathan’s Last Council Of State Meeting by Classcaptain1(m): 2:10pm On May 12, 2015
barcanista:

Jonathan remains a hero!
hope u are not referring to Jonadunce.....You my friend are such a dolt undecided

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo, Buhari, Gowon, Others Attend Jonathan’s Last Council Of State Meeting by baralatie(m): 2:15pm On May 12, 2015
cheesy
it makes sense.obj hardly attended the meeting.so he never meant to attend in the first place but on getting the feel that he is the only one absent.He just had to make sure he was there at all cost.
well,
GEJ is still the best.
He is leaving the office in a very Honourable way and with the respect of past head of state.
A big congratulations to the out going President
DR. GOODLUCK EBELE JONATHAN
2010-2015.

GOD BLESS GEJ
GOD BLESS THE INCOMING PRESIDENT
GOD BLESS THE PEOPLE OF NIGERIA

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo, Buhari, Gowon, Others Attend Jonathan’s Last Council Of State Meeting by Maranzano(m): 2:17pm On May 12, 2015
The opportunity to lead Nigeria is a privilege many will not have in their lifetime. It comes with responsibility and i think Jonathan has given his best. His best may not be good enough but in my opinion, he deserves some respect. The peace we enjoy today is partly because he resisted the Sit Tight Syndrome (Tenure Elongation) vigorously sought by Obasanjo while in office. Burundians are leaving in droves even before the election date because of the inordinate ambition of President Nkurunziza to elongate his tenure. Love him or hate him, history will remember him as on of few African leaders who put national interest/unity above personal interest especially at the twilight of their tenure.
Those who are singing victory songs for Obasanjo today should know that in politics, there is no permanent friend or foe, the only permanent factor is interest. Obasanjo;s refusal to attend previous State Council meetings showed him as an ex leader on personal vendetta mission against the incumbent. If he genuinely loves Nigeria as he claims, he should be there with other ex heads of state. Vendetta is not one of the attributes of good leaders.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obasanjo, Buhari, Gowon, Others Attend Jonathan’s Last Council Of State Meeting by anonimi: 2:19pm On May 12, 2015
donphilopus:
The task to oust Jonathan has been accomplished, that's the reason Obasanjo was present. He only went there to mock Jonathan (the outgoing President). Immediately Jonathan steps out of Aso Rock, Obasanjo would be more respected than him because he completed his two terms while Jonah was ousted. Difference dey!!! cheesy grin

And what did OBJ achieve during his eight wasted years and even tried to extend for a third term, if one may ask
Re: Obasanjo, Buhari, Gowon, Others Attend Jonathan’s Last Council Of State Meeting by Nobody: 2:22pm On May 12, 2015
Maranzano:
The opportunity to lead Nigeria is a privilege many will not have in their lifetime. It comes with responsibility and i think Jonathan has given his best. His best may not be good enough but in my opinion, he deserves some respect. The peace we enjoy today is partly because he resisted the Sit Tight Syndrome (Tenure Elongation) vigorously sought by Obasanjo while in office. Burundians are leaving in droves even before the election date because of the inordinate ambition of President Nkurunziza to elongate his tenure. Love him or hate him, history will remember him as on of few African leaders who put national interest/unity above personal interest especially at the twilight of their tenure.
Those who are singing victory songs for Obasanjo today should know that in politics, there is no permanent friend or foe, the only permanent factor is interest. Obasanjo;s refusal to attend previous State Council meetings showed him as an ex leader on personal vendetta mission against the incumbent. If he genuinely loves Nigeria as he claims, he should be there with other ex heads of state. Vendetta is not one of the attributes of good leaders.

You have really spoken well. Humans are quick to forget history.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo, Buhari, Gowon, Others Attend Jonathan’s Last Council Of State Meeting by Nobody: 2:22pm On May 12, 2015
baralatie:
cheesy
it makes sense.obj hardly attended the meeting.so he never meant to attend in the first place but on getting the feel that he is the only one absent.He just had to make sure he was there at all cost.
well,
GEJ is still the best.
He is leaving the office in a very Honourable way and with the respect of past head of state.
A big congratulations to the out going President
DR. GOODLUCK EBELE JONATHAN
2010-2015.

GOD BLESS GEJ
GOD BLESS THE INCOMING PRESIDENT
GOD BLESS THE PEOPLE OF NIGERIA
Re: Obasanjo, Buhari, Gowon, Others Attend Jonathan’s Last Council Of State Meeting by Nobody: 2:24pm On May 12, 2015
juman:
Another nonsense meeting. Useless people.

A nation with less than 4k MW.

With over 160 million people.
Re: Obasanjo, Buhari, Gowon, Others Attend Jonathan’s Last Council Of State Meeting by manck2: 2:29pm On May 12, 2015

Re: Obasanjo, Buhari, Gowon, Others Attend Jonathan’s Last Council Of State Meeting by poiu77: 2:32pm On May 12, 2015
cheesy

Re: Obasanjo, Buhari, Gowon, Others Attend Jonathan’s Last Council Of State Meeting by poiu77: 2:32pm On May 12, 2015
sad

Re: Obasanjo, Buhari, Gowon, Others Attend Jonathan’s Last Council Of State Meeting by anigold(m): 2:33pm On May 12, 2015
princemillla:
All is well, ..... I love all the past leaders of this country. They always stand by the present leader. May God Grant them more years to lead us to our promised land, where we don't av to queue for fuel, use hand fan midnight, buy 1 dollar for 200 naira, etc

God bless Nigeria

Dont worry baba will solve all of Nigeria"s problems according to his compaign manifesto..
I was hearing some mix-tapes that he is not a magician.. hahahahahahahahahha
But he expected GEJ to be a magician and solved all of Nigeria"s problems since 1960..

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo, Buhari, Gowon, Others Attend Jonathan’s Last Council Of State Meeting by PecE2Make: 2:34pm On May 12, 2015
OBJ d badoo.
Re: Obasanjo, Buhari, Gowon, Others Attend Jonathan’s Last Council Of State Meeting by poiu77: 2:35pm On May 12, 2015
tongue

Re: Obasanjo, Buhari, Gowon, Others Attend Jonathan’s Last Council Of State Meeting by anigold(m): 2:36pm On May 12, 2015
Maranzano:

Excellent post... am happy that atleast some people can appreciate good things...

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo, Buhari, Gowon, Others Attend Jonathan’s Last Council Of State Meeting by Allee90: 2:36pm On May 12, 2015
9jagoodman:
Jona is my MAN, any time any day!!! He will forever be remembered as the best president Nigeria ever had.

Since GEJ is ur best president ever, we pray that may God take affairs of ur life the way GEJ runs Nigeria so that you be the best Nigerian ever. All i need from you is to answer my prayer with AMEN

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo, Buhari, Gowon, Others Attend Jonathan’s Last Council Of State Meeting by soji1992: 2:38pm On May 12, 2015

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

We Don’t Need Foreign Aid – Buhari(vanguard) / Bags Of APC Campaign Rice Destroyed In Ekiti By Youths. Photos / Buhari Issues Stern Warning To CBN, Meets APC Governors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.