Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,825 members, 7,802,636 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:01 PM

Why I Fired Police IG, Suleiman Abba – Jonathan - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Fired Police IG, Suleiman Abba – Jonathan (51566 Views)

Acting Police IG, Solomon Arase, Senior To Outgoing Police Boss, Suleiman Abba / Suleiman Abba And The Making Of A Partisan Police, By Femi Falana / Jonathan Appoints Solomon Arase As Acting IGP, Sacks IGP Suleiman Abba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Fired Police IG, Suleiman Abba – Jonathan by front247: 10:16pm On May 12, 2015
We dt need any explanation, dat is how u said apc will persecute dt yan anyhow because the opposition will use it against u
Re: Why I Fired Police IG, Suleiman Abba – Jonathan by realjoker(m): 10:17pm On May 12, 2015
believe uncle-J at ur own peril

1 Like

Re: Why I Fired Police IG, Suleiman Abba – Jonathan by Smooyis(m): 10:17pm On May 12, 2015
Not really satisfied wit d explanation.
Re: Why I Fired Police IG, Suleiman Abba – Jonathan by Realist2: 10:18pm On May 12, 2015
Sir, that reason was good enough, did i hear say "misconduct ", oh no!,
Re: Why I Fired Police IG, Suleiman Abba – Jonathan by fritiyo: 10:19pm On May 12, 2015
LordofWar:

Patience Jonathan pikin cry cry
I dey laff ur head, cos dia is no point for me to insult u.
Re: Why I Fired Police IG, Suleiman Abba – Jonathan by seedorfg(m): 10:19pm On May 12, 2015
cluelisms jonah
Re: Why I Fired Police IG, Suleiman Abba – Jonathan by nerodenero: 10:19pm On May 12, 2015
If I were Jonathan, I would fire him not because he didn't rig for me but he was present at the INEC ceremony to issue Certificate of Return to the President-elect. Who does that? The police should be not be partisan. He could have sent his men to provide security as usual not for IGP to grace the occasion.

His presence at the ceremony is a clear indication to the President that he worked for the opposition and the visit is to align himself with the new government in order to keep his seat beyond 2015.

Just my opinion.

3 Likes

Re: Why I Fired Police IG, Suleiman Abba – Jonathan by Kx: 10:19pm On May 12, 2015
Yes gross misconduct
Just as Sanusi d fraud whistle blower was sacked for insorbodination for going behind ur back to expose ordinary billion dollar "stealing" in nnpc while Deziani keeps her job.

#countdown to otueke return journey

2 Likes

Re: Why I Fired Police IG, Suleiman Abba – Jonathan by IYANGBALI: 10:20pm On May 12, 2015
abduljabbar4:
Does jonathan know the meaning of the word 'misconduct'? Why didn't he sack him long time ago?
Mr president you sacked him because he didn't rig the election enough for you. We saw what happened in Rivers when pdp rejected the officer he sent
no mind that ogogoro master
Re: Why I Fired Police IG, Suleiman Abba – Jonathan by juman(m): 10:20pm On May 12, 2015
LocalChamp:

“The President, in a very brief way said, during the period of the former IGP, a lot of indiscipline was noticed among the rank and file of the police and as such he felt that a new IG should come and try his luck,” Mr. Okiro said. “That is what (Mr. Jonathan) said, though I cannot give details of that.”

That bolded is nonsense. Try his luck or to correct the inadequacy?

Those in charge of the country's affairs do not even know why they are leaders. What a country!

3 Likes

Re: Why I Fired Police IG, Suleiman Abba – Jonathan by Nobody: 10:20pm On May 12, 2015
Fired for misconduct that cant be mentioned. Gej the clown. Then the new IG should come and try his luck. No wonder gej has been gambling with nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: Why I Fired Police IG, Suleiman Abba – Jonathan by ecnuel: 10:20pm On May 12, 2015
fritiyo:
Sir, u dont hold anybody explanation over the sacking of the disloyal servant.
It is ur prerogative and no one can quetion u for what u did, which was necessary as the number 1 police offucer of the counry.

This "I give no damn attitude" was part of the reasons he lost the election. He is the president of Nigeria and should be accountable to Nigerians.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Fired Police IG, Suleiman Abba – Jonathan by Nobody: 10:21pm On May 12, 2015
jona now does 'try your luck' wiff dear nigerian lives abiii, shey we are now cha-cha elements eh? *now trekking to buhari's home to report jonathan* angry

1 Like

Re: Why I Fired Police IG, Suleiman Abba – Jonathan by omenka(m): 10:23pm On May 12, 2015
I'm only commenting on this thread to put it in my archives. Would exhume it someday for the "try his luck" side of things. Imagine the carelessness.

Chai!!
Re: Why I Fired Police IG, Suleiman Abba – Jonathan by Intendy: 10:25pm On May 12, 2015
LocalChamp:

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/182832-why-i-fired-police-ig-suleiman-abba-jonathan.html
I laugh in technology. misconduct my foot.
Abba slowpoke was not sacked for misconduct and killing of citizens
Re: Why I Fired Police IG, Suleiman Abba – Jonathan by fritiyo: 10:25pm On May 12, 2015
LordofWar:

Patience Jonathan pikin cry cry
I dey laff ur head, cos dia is no point for me to insult u. na my spelling n make u dey refer me to mama p abi? u no well. question n officer. are u clear na
Re: Why I Fired Police IG, Suleiman Abba – Jonathan by phabulux: 10:26pm On May 12, 2015
LocalChamp:

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/182832-why-i-fired-police-ig-suleiman-abba-jonathan.html

If we keep depending on IGPs that get to the post to 'try' their 'luck', then, I'm sure we've got no hope.

If Okiro is the last that the force can offer, then, the sack should start with him.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Fired Police IG, Suleiman Abba – Jonathan by Intendy: 10:26pm On May 12, 2015
LocalChamp:

I laugh in technology. misconduct my foot.
Abba mor0n was not sacked for misconduct and killing of citizens
Re: Why I Fired Police IG, Suleiman Abba – Jonathan by Nobody: 10:28pm On May 12, 2015
Let's ask this question,was the election not rigged in favour of buhari with the manne jega distributed the pvcs to favour the north more than other region?Yes it was.Besides,the police are not the ones who rigg an election.The inec chairman and rec does.Those of you who said the ig was sack because he didnt rig the election were economical with fact.
Re: Why I Fired Police IG, Suleiman Abba – Jonathan by anana1759: 10:30pm On May 12, 2015
ibere pkataki....God is watching you @ GEJ
Re: Why I Fired Police IG, Suleiman Abba – Jonathan by Lexusgs430: 10:32pm On May 12, 2015
Did GEJ state, new IG should try his luck? Don't this political holders have professionals teach them how to address themselves in public and make public speeches?

5 Likes

Re: Why I Fired Police IG, Suleiman Abba – Jonathan by Nobody: 10:33pm On May 12, 2015
For football tips of 2 odd (singles) for 30 days, whatsapp me 080663:87195 (UK source 80% accuracy over 30 days)
Re: Why I Fired Police IG, Suleiman Abba – Jonathan by eledacedar(f): 10:34pm On May 12, 2015
LocalChamp:

What of the ASP that allegedly killed a tricycle rider along Egbeda/Akowonjo axis?
Re: Why I Fired Police IG, Suleiman Abba – Jonathan by UpLoyo: 10:35pm On May 12, 2015
You fired him because you couldn't get him to rig the election in your favor. You fired him because despite you buying every police commissioner two cars each, you didn't didn't win the election. What idiots appoint people when you have less than a month in office and you know the next guy coming in will fire them? You are just a vindictive sore loser, period.

1 Like

Re: Why I Fired Police IG, Suleiman Abba – Jonathan by charlesucheh(m): 10:44pm On May 12, 2015
TALES BY MOONLIGHT: Gross in discipline on ex-IG abba's men to allow ORUBEBE carry out his evill acts or gross indiscipline which did not give room for electoral mal-practices by the then ruling party(PDP) mr GEJ, your reasons are still equivocal. Come may 29th, ARASE will surely prepare a master piece hand-over note, else GmB will just want to let him feel more of the Air condition may be for a year or two.

1 Like

Re: Why I Fired Police IG, Suleiman Abba – Jonathan by spenca: 10:45pm On May 12, 2015
Governance,administration,leadership is not about luck ,you don't sack people so others come and try lucks. Dumb ass people

2 Likes

Re: Why I Fired Police IG, Suleiman Abba – Jonathan by sethken: 10:53pm On May 12, 2015
abduljabbar4:
Does jonathan know the meaning of the word 'misconduct'? Why didn't he sack him long time ago?
Mr president you sacked him because he didn't rig the election enough for you. We saw what happened in Rivers when pdp rejected the officer he sent

He doesn't have to fire him long time ago. He serves at his pleasure. He can fire him whenever he so chooses.
Re: Why I Fired Police IG, Suleiman Abba – Jonathan by spako4(m): 11:01pm On May 12, 2015
Don't worry,Abba will reply after 29th of May,
Re: Why I Fired Police IG, Suleiman Abba – Jonathan by danny301: 11:08pm On May 12, 2015
For GEJ everything is about luck but it's suicidal for a country like Nigeria to be depending on luck to get things done. GEJ's presidency has shown that one could actually assume a position by luck but it takes something more than luck to get job done...

3 Likes

Re: Why I Fired Police IG, Suleiman Abba – Jonathan by JoeCutie(m): 11:10pm On May 12, 2015
Sandydayz:
Hmmmmmmm.... Now how u gonna know this one is actually better when you won't be there to monitor him?
Why didn't he fire him when he started the misconduct....
There's always the second side of the story.... sad
My opinion though....
That's right. In every story, there's always an 'untold' story.

There's something they are not telling us.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Fired Police IG, Suleiman Abba – Jonathan by Lilimax(f): 11:14pm On May 12, 2015
Nonsense! Abeg nake I sleep joor. Nite nite Nairalanders smiley
Re: Why I Fired Police IG, Suleiman Abba – Jonathan by Horlufemi(m): 11:16pm On May 12, 2015
Thank God the clueless one is Going OUT.

May 29 Things

May God keep and protect Buhari
May God keep and protect Nigeria
May God keep and protect Anyone reading this
May God keep and protect My family

for May 29 and beyond

#may29

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Fayose's Statement On His Threat To Dump PDP / Governor Douye Diri Visits Goodluck Jonathan / Amaechi Escapes Aborted Arik Plane Crash In Lagos. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.