Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,281 members, 7,780,641 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 06:22 PM

Father Of Four Runs Inside Church, Dies - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Father Of Four Runs Inside Church, Dies (21566 Views)

Yahoo Boy Runs Mad In Lagos; Jumps Out Of His Range Rover And Tears Clothes -Pic / Bus Conductor Suddenly Runs Mad In Ikorodu (Photos) / Speeding Car Runs Inside Mr Biggs Ikosi On Valentine Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Father Of Four Runs Inside Church, Dies by Saorchy(m): 12:39am On May 13, 2015
*I don’t suspect foul play; he abandoned us— WIFE
By Esther Onyegbula

Controversy is currently trailing the mysterious death of a man in a church located in Peace Estate, Baruwa, Ipaja, Lagos.

The man, identified as Waheed Majekodumi, was allegedly found dead in a branch of Christ Apostolic Church.

It was gathered that the deceased, who lives in the Abule area of Ipaja and works in a block making industry, ran into the church shouting “help, help, I will die.” But before help could come his way, he gave up the ghost.

The resident pastor of the church, who gave his name as Popoola Oluwasumidotun, and a member of the church, identified as Folashade Ebun, who were both present at the scene of the incident, claimed they knew nothing about the death of late Waheed.

It was also learned that the deceased, a 32-year-old father of four, had been divorced for the past seven years and had since lived alone.

Pastor’s
story

Pastor Popoola, 27, told Vanguard: “I am the Presiding Pastor of the church and I also live in the church compound.

“On Thursday morning, I was about to take my bath and prepare for a programme, which holds in the church every Thursday, when I heard Folashade, one of the members of the church, who also lives within the church premises, calling on me. I ran into the church auditorium where the shout was coming from.

‘’I saw her standing next to a man on the ground. I asked her what happened and who the man was. She said the man ran into the church shouting ‘help! help! I will die’ and then slumped. I did not know what to do.

‘’I rushed outside to find out if anyone around knows him. Fortunately, I saw the husband to one of the members of my church and I asked him if he knows the man and he said the man lived at Abule, a street not far from the church.

Searching for Waheed’s home

“Folashade and I went to Abule. We asked a few people if they knew Waheed and they said yes that he was a drunk.

“Some of the people around came to the scene of the incident, checked him and confirmed him dead.
‘’I immediately had to call my boss, the owner of the church. I also called his son who is also a pastor. When his son came, he advised we go and report the case to the police. So we went to Ipaja Police Station to make the report.”

An eyewitness speaks

In her defence, Folashade, a mother of three, said she was sweeping the church auditorium in readiness for a programme when the deceased ran into the church, calling out for help.

She said: ‘’Initially, I thought someone was chasing him, but I later discovered he was alone. He fell to the ground and I quickly called out for the pastor, who also came in almost immediately.

‘’He asked what the matter was and I told him. Sincerely, we have nothing to do with his death. No matter what, I have confidence in the God we serve that He will vindicate us.”

Wife, brother react

Chief Idowu Animashaun, a relative of the deceased, told Vanguard that he heard about the incident two days after it happened.

He said: “Waheed lived a reckless life. He took to drinking as a way of life and that was why I stopped him from coming to my house.”

Wife of the late Waheed, Mrs. Mohundat, also attested to the fact that her ex-husband lived a carefree life.

She said: “I was married to Waheed for eight years and I had four children for him.

“However, in the latter part of our marriage, he took to drinking and leaving home for as long as two months without asking how the children and I were surviving.

“For me, I do not suspect that anyone is responsible for his death.”

Confirming the incident, Lagos State Public Relations Officers, Deputy Superinten-dent of Police, Kenneth Nwosu, said the case was currently being investigated at the State Criminal Investigation Department, SCIID.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/05/father-of-four-runs-inside-church-dies/
Re: Father Of Four Runs Inside Church, Dies by GboyegaD(m): 1:14am On May 13, 2015
Indeed, oun to ndun mo ni ni pa ni. May the soul of the deceased rest in perfect peace.

1 Like

Re: Father Of Four Runs Inside Church, Dies by Nobody: 3:25am On May 13, 2015
May his soul RIP
But to small amebo
Aged 32,divorced 7 yrs ago,ex wife said they were married for 8 yrs.

Are you tired of buying and selling in MLMs,leg balancing,
not getting your bonus immediately?
Are you looking for a sure way of making money?
Make your money big time friends.
Here's a charity network that doesn't involve all these.
Its love city charity foundation
Visit www.lovecitycharity.com for more details
I can be reached on 07068492245 via phone calls or
whatsapp but whatsapp preferably

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Father Of Four Runs Inside Church, Dies by Nobody: 3:25am On May 13, 2015
Maybe he smoked weed for the first on top his drinking habit.

I pity him because I'm sure no man decides or likes to be a drunk but for circumstances.

Come NAIJA police, mek una leave that pastor and go find kidnappers in ekiti state. undecided

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Father Of Four Runs Inside Church, Dies by Nobody: 4:39am On May 13, 2015
Temple Run, iyana ipaja lagos

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Father Of Four Runs Inside Church, Dies by Nobody: 6:44am On May 13, 2015
Ah! RIP to d deceased

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Father Of Four Runs Inside Church, Dies by Akbee(m): 9:14am On May 13, 2015
.no cause for alarm cos man had an encounter with orijin.
people are close to God when faced with problems but they distance themselves just after everything returns to normalcy. Why did he run into the church when he realised the fact that he was merely six metres away from his grave?

3 Likes

Re: Father Of Four Runs Inside Church, Dies by Nobody: 9:14am On May 13, 2015
Only at the point of death this niqqa remembered church.
Good riddance jhoor!

1 Like

Re: Father Of Four Runs Inside Church, Dies by Maczeelly(m): 9:14am On May 13, 2015
Chaiiiii
Re: Father Of Four Runs Inside Church, Dies by okooloyun1(m): 9:14am On May 13, 2015
RIP to him but why he no go die in an open place he com go use his own problem cause wahala for another person.

3 Likes

Re: Father Of Four Runs Inside Church, Dies by MKO4ever(m): 9:15am On May 13, 2015
Please what is happening with Boko Haram now? Sambisa forest seems to be quiet at the moment.
Re: Father Of Four Runs Inside Church, Dies by eleojo23: 9:15am On May 13, 2015
Unfortunate
Re: Father Of Four Runs Inside Church, Dies by hydee123(m): 9:15am On May 13, 2015
jez.. God..
Re: Father Of Four Runs Inside Church, Dies by loomer: 9:17am On May 13, 2015
Sad news everywhere
Re: Father Of Four Runs Inside Church, Dies by ichidodo: 9:18am On May 13, 2015
Yoruba jazz...
Re: Father Of Four Runs Inside Church, Dies by MOUA(m): 9:18am On May 13, 2015
HELLO BERLIN (WE ARE READY )

Barcelona are going through to the Champions League final after 5-3 on aggregate! Bayern München fought very well and won today's match with 3-2, but it wasn't enough>>>http://www.mouaue.com/2015/05/hello-berlin-we-are-ready.html

1 Like

Re: Father Of Four Runs Inside Church, Dies by sherif4owo(m): 9:20am On May 13, 2015
huh
Re: Father Of Four Runs Inside Church, Dies by gidjah(m): 9:20am On May 13, 2015
I suspect witching things, must,have had some spiritual encounter, but too bad the only one to live to tell the tales us no more, RIP young hussy
Re: Father Of Four Runs Inside Church, Dies by MOUA(m): 9:23am On May 13, 2015
Scary Footage Of Nepal Earthquake During Pool Party Should Remind You To Help

While it may be fascinating to watch footage of the earthquake, it's important to remember the consequences of such a massive natural disaster. Since the earthquake struck, Nepal has faced unimaginable pain and tragedy. More than 8,000 people have
died, and over 17,000 were injured in the quake. Amongst the wreckage and destruction, though, has emerged something just as powerful as nature: the power of empathy and aid.

In the wake of this tragedy, several countries, organizations and individuals have stepped up to give the people of Nepal a helping hand. The Disasters Emergency Committee from the U.K. has raised £50 million, or more than $77 million. India has sent over 1,000 workers, 50 tons of water and 22 tons of food, according to Indian Express. The United States Agency for International Development (USAID) has given $10 million. China sent 62 search and rescue workers and pledged more than $3.3 million in aid, according to TIME

Israel, Malaysia, Pakistan and Australia have all been huge contributors, as well. But it isn't just countries. World famous soccer player Cristiano Ronaldo let go of $8 million, and pleaded for his Facebook followers to donate to Save The Children's relief fund. Speaking of Facebook, they are matching every dollar donated to Nepal through their website.

watch video>>>>http://www.mouaue.com/2015/05/scary-footage-of-nepal-earthquake.html

Re: Father Of Four Runs Inside Church, Dies by Akynzodeighbour(m): 9:24am On May 13, 2015
This one is strong o.... Not normal
Re: Father Of Four Runs Inside Church, Dies by Lagusta(m): 9:25am On May 13, 2015
Oya e gbadura!!!!??
Re: Father Of Four Runs Inside Church, Dies by Gboliwe: 9:31am On May 13, 2015
This story is lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

They said the deceased is 32years.

The deceased has 4 children already at 32years

The deceased has been divorced and lived alone since the past 7years so it's safe to assume that by age 25, deceased already had 4 children

The deceased married for 8years that is he has been married since 17!

At the rate he was accelerating, he sure knew he would end soon.

May his soul rest in peace

6 Likes

Re: Father Of Four Runs Inside Church, Dies by tociano009(m): 9:31am On May 13, 2015
undecided
Re: Father Of Four Runs Inside Church, Dies by Okijajuju1(m): 9:31am On May 13, 2015
This is some Mount Zion Faith Ministries type bullshit.. grin

Ishawuru

2 Likes

Re: Father Of Four Runs Inside Church, Dies by ophilly: 9:32am On May 13, 2015
He might make heaven since he ran to Jesus at the last minute

1 Like

Re: Father Of Four Runs Inside Church, Dies by Okijajuju1(m): 9:34am On May 13, 2015
Gboliwe:
This story is lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

They said the deceased is 32years.

The deceased has 4 children already at 32years

The deceased has been divorced and lived alone since the past 7years so it's safe to assume that by age 25, deceased already had 4 children

The deceased married for 8years that is he has been married since 17!

At the rate he was accelerating, he sure knew he would end soon.

May his soul rest in peace

Waiter!!! Give this guy one chilled Orijin with fried Goat Meat.

6 Likes

Re: Father Of Four Runs Inside Church, Dies by ustavo(m): 9:37am On May 13, 2015
I suspect rituals
Re: Father Of Four Runs Inside Church, Dies by holyokoto(m): 9:37am On May 13, 2015
Re: Father Of Four Runs Inside Church, Dies by holyokoto(m): 9:39am On May 13, 2015
MKO4ever:
Please what is happening with Boko Haram now? Sambisa forest seems to be quiet at the moment.

Meaning you do enjoy Boko Haram Saga or what?
Re: Father Of Four Runs Inside Church, Dies by Ayietim(m): 9:39am On May 13, 2015
Life is a beautiful gift to the living. It is short, eventful and special. So, in life, be useful to yourself, be more useful to the society and be most useful to God, the Giver of life. At the end, we all will present our account to God, on how we used the gift of life.
http://ayietim.

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Am Dying, They Are Tweeting by 'Sola Fagorusi / Soldiers Nab Fulani Herdsmen Robbing On Lagos-ibadan Expressway / Husband Becomes Woman After 20 Years Of Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.