Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,890 members, 7,802,864 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:57 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 - Travel (118) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 (705066 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by HoneyBronzed: 12:44pm On Jun 24, 2015
sammynwaGod:

I booked
ok thank you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Godwin10303: 12:58pm On Jun 24, 2015
Good day house, my elder sister is doing her master, she paid for VISA Fee when getting to book appointment she has applied the reference code she got after paying at the GTBank,

#No valid record can be found for the entered receipt number. Please validate that your receipt number is correct and that you have paid the correct amount for the visa which you are applying for. [13666398] # please is there

Please house what is the solutions to this .. time is far spent ..Please .. anyone in this kind of issues waiting for urgent response
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Alani55(m): 1:01pm On Jun 24, 2015
Godwin10303:
Good day house, my elder sister is doing her master, she paid for VISA Fee when getting to book appointment she has applied the reference code she got after paying at the GTBank,

#No valid record can be found for the entered receipt number. Please validate that your receipt number is correct and that you have paid the correct amount for the visa which you are applying for. [13666398] # please is there

Please house what is the solutions to this .. time is far spent ..Please .. anyone in this kind of issues waiting for urgent response

Was she careless with the reference code because it might maybe be someone else might have used it to book or something. That code is confidential you know. You're not even supposed to post it here. Just saying
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 1:03pm On Jun 24, 2015
SantaClause:
Hello NL I was denied visa today so sad but all hope is not lost yet. I want to know how can reschedule again maybe this time Lagos embassy. Please advice
Sorry for the denial...You need to post your transcript so that gurus can see where it went wrong and proffer solutions when going back.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Godwin10303: 1:12pm On Jun 24, 2015
A CODE FOR ONE PERSON NOW .. ITS SYNCHRONIZE WITH YOUR NAME AUTOMATICALLY, IF IT DOESN'T TALLY AT THE ENTRANCE ONE WILL BE SENT BACK ...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 1:51pm On Jun 24, 2015
Transcript......
VO -good morning
Me -a very good morning sir
Vo -what are you going to the US for?
Me -to study for my Bachelors Degree program in computer science
Vo -were in U.S. You going
Me -Houston Texas
Vo -which university
Me -North America University Houston Texas
Vo -Did you apply any schools apart from this
Me -yes 3schools Oklahoma state university
East Tennessee state university
Vo -how admission did you get
Me -Oklahoma state university and North America university but East Tennessee state university is still pending.
Vo -how did you hear about this school
Me -during my SAT class I came across this paper which prove invaluable I did some digging by going to the school website and I impressed by the quality of the faculty.
Vo -Why this university instead of Oklahoma State university
Me -i have spoken to few international student and the assistant professor of computer scenice I was made to understand that in terms of education comparative NAU is standard.
Vo -do you have a SAT
Me -yes but unfortunately the score is not yet out.
Vo -who is sponsoring you?
Me -my guardian..he is my uncle
Vo -type for sometime and then said sorry you not qualify for the visa this time.

I don't know why and this is the school time I am being denied its really making me go crazy.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by ridimic1: 1:58pm On Jun 24, 2015
sammynwaGod:
Oya it's my turn for testimony. visa approved at lagos consulate .... 6:30 batch. ..
Got in .. I was the second person to be interviewed at Window 9 ... by a Chinese American.... here it goes
me: Good morning
vo:good morning
vo: pass me your documents.
me: passed it through the tunnel.
vo: why are you going to America?
me: Am going to America to study for my bachelor's degree **with a smiling face*
vo: ooh bachelor's degree.
me: yes.
vo. what year did you finish high school.?
me: 2010
vo: what have you been doing since then?
me: after high school I worked at my dad's company, then in 2012....... I was cut short by the vo.
vo: who is paying for your flight?
me: my dad.
vo: what does your dad do?
me : his a business man. he own an automobile company.
vo: how much does he earn monthly.
me : his a business man , so he does not have a fixed monthly income but on an average he earn 700-1million per month.
vo:oohh 1million.
me: yes.
then he folded my ds160 form into my passport .. holding my i20 and sevis recipet.
vo : have you traveled out of Nigeria before.
me : no ..
vo:okay .. you would be needing your i20 at poe, you would notified within a week to pick up your visa at the circled location. ... he passed me my i20 and told me have a nice day....
it was God ... I wasn't asked to show any document ... he denied the first woman I think she's going to visit her husband's friend...
God bless you all.
Congrats
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 1:58pm On Jun 24, 2015
djmakson:

Sorry about your denial. You simply have to pay another fee and look out for an available date provided it's not past your resumption date. However you need to post your interview transcript for gurus to help analyse and see where you might have gotten it wrong so you won't have to make same mistake. Take heart bro. Nothing good comes easy.

How many days do I have to wait before I rescheduled again....I would love to fill a new dS 160 will that be possible?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by adanduka: 2:00pm On Jun 24, 2015
SantaClause:
Transcript......
VO -good morning
Me -Houston Texas
Vo -which university
Me -Oklahoma state university and North America university but East Tennessee state university is still pending.
Me -during my SAT class I came across this paper which prove invaluable I did some digging by going to the school website and I impressed by the quality of the faculty.
Me -i have spoken to few international student and the assistant professor of computer scenice I was made to understand that in terms of education comparative NAU is standard.
Vo -do you have a SAT
Vo -type for sometime and then said sorry you not qualify for the visa this time.

I don't know why and this is the school time I am being denied its really making me go crazy.

When will your SAT result be ready?
Go with it when you do schedule another interview.
Cheers!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 2:05pm On Jun 24, 2015
adanduka:

When will your SAT result be ready?
Go with it when you do schedule another interview.
Cheers!

My SAT will be ready tomorrow
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by gsun: 2:06pm On Jun 24, 2015
sammynwaGod:
Oya it's my turn for testimony. visa approved at lagos consulate .... 6:30 batch. ..
Got in .. I was the second person to be interviewed at Window 9 ... by a Chinese American.... here it goes

vo:okay .. you would be needing your i20 at poe, you would notified within a week to pick up your visa at the circled location. ... he passed me my i20 and told me have a nice day....
it was God ... I wasn't asked to show any document ... he denied the first woman I think she's going to visit her husband's friend...
God bless you all.

Congratulation bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by gsun: 2:09pm On Jun 24, 2015
kenkool:
Visa approved at Lagos consulate this morning. I was the first person to be interviewed at about 8am.
I was called at window 10 where a guy with plenty beard was.
Here are the convo:

VO passed my i-20 to me without my passport and was typing oo (for my mind I know e don pure ),he now brought out the pick-up letter and circled a location there that I should pick my Visa there. I said thank you Sir and I bounced out lol.
I was not asked to show any document and was not asked who my sponsor is (He saw that I got funding from the school ).
Wanna thank God for the favour and also to all the gurus on this thread shout out to the following peopale; msnas (Thanks alot ma'am ), slimmy05 (Always there to help ), innovateame (my tutor, I appreciate bro ), profojah (expecting yours too bro ), walspring and other gurus here. You guys all contributed to this sucess. I knew almost nothing when I joined this thread last year, all the information that have been shared here are so helpful . Thanks so much everybody.

P.S my profile :GRE -300,GPA-3.15/4,I didnt take TOEFL.(I've got no super profile tho. I can't hide anything from people here,u guys are just amazing).

And It's also my B-day today !!! (hurray )

Congratulation. The very best in your journey

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by gsun: 2:10pm On Jun 24, 2015
I have been able to identify two Profs whose interest align with mine. I have written something to give to one for now but I need to download papers from their works like bigfrancis21 mentioned to complete my story of how I could be of help to them. I want somebody that have institution login in the states that can help me download them.Kindly indicate.
Response is highly anticipated and appreciated.

cc:
samnoah,
eatwell423,
slimmy05,
bigfrancis21,
Mystiqme,
cosxzbay,
Imperiouxx,
biikey,
edbib,
& Others
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by kenkool(m): 2:30pm On Jun 24, 2015
HoneyBronzed:
Congrats Kenkool, please I want to know, when did you submit your application? Was it before the 9Th June issue started?
Yeah I did it before 9th of June.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by wynaskawai: 2:32pm On Jun 24, 2015
SantaClause:
Transcript......
VO -good morning
Me -Houston Texas
Vo -which university
Vo -do you have a SAT

There is no way you take a SAT class without a single school in mind, so i think answer for that part is horrible
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by gsun: 2:34pm On Jun 24, 2015
SantaClause:
Transcript......
VO -good morning
Me -Houston Texas
Vo -which university
Vo -do you have a SAT

Sorry bro about the denial. You said so much about the SAT in your interview in the end you went on to say you had it and at the same time you don't have it; maybe I'm missing something. It is good enough reason to earn capital rejection unless that is not what you meant to say. I think any person will think like the VO. No pun intended.

My advice is, just wait for the result to come out before you push for the next. I can see time is probably running out on you. Wishing you success in your next try
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by bigfrancis21: 2:47pm On Jun 24, 2015
gsun:
I have been able to identify two Profs whose interest align with mine. I have written something to give to one for now but I need to download papers from their works like bigfrancis21 mentioned to complete my story of how I could be of help to them. I want somebody that have institution login in the states that can help me download them.Kindly indicate.

cc:
samnoah,
eatwell423,
slimmy05,
bigfrancis21,
Mystiqme,
cosxzbay,
Imperiouxx,
biikey,
edbib,
& Others

What is the institution name? Drop the download link to the papers also.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by sammynwaGod(m): 3:05pm On Jun 24, 2015
guys please ooo . After my interview today I discovered that the vo did not ask for passport photograph as the security asked us to remove it . hope no problem
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Mystiqme: 3:11pm On Jun 24, 2015
gsun:

cc:
samnoah,
eatwell423,
slimmy05,
bigfrancis21,
Mystiqme,
cosxzbay,
Imperiouxx,
biikey,
edbib,
& Others

Just drop a link to the papers. easy peasy. Also, if you want someone to go through stuff you write, no problem.
Best

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 3:35pm On Jun 24, 2015
gsun:

Sorry bro about the denial. You said so much about the SAT in your interview in the end you went on to say you had it and at the same time you don't have it; maybe I'm missing something. It is good enough reason to earn capital rejection unless that is not what you meant to say. I think any person will think like the VO. No pun intended.

My advice is, just wait for the result to come out before you push for the next. I can see time is probably running out on you. Wishing you success in your next try

Thank you all for you contribution I shall wait for the SAT and then try again.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by scriptwriter19: 4:18pm On Jun 24, 2015
Hello House, Visa delay @ the Us Embassy today, 6:30am
Transcript as follows

VO -good morning
Me -to pursue a masters degree in public administration
Vo -were in the U.S. are you going
Me -Tennessee State
Vo -which university
Me -East Tennessee State University
Vo -How did you find out this school
Me -through google, us news streamlining my search with my intended course of study
Vo -who will be paying for your studies
Me -i have a scholarship but my mum will be paying the rest of the fees
Vo -(looking @ my i-20) How much is the scholarship for
Me -11,400USD
Vo -What does your mum do
Me -told him
Vo -how much does she make in a month?
Me -told him
Vo -do you know anybody in the US?
Me -No

The guy just types for over a min on his computer, the long wait almost killed me, looks at me and gives me back the documents and says, i'm sorry but you do not qualify for a visa at this time.

Didn't ask for any document though.

Called the embassy when i got to work to know the actual reason for the denial and they asked me to call back tomorrow (might as well know what i said wrong)

My question now is, does the fact that previous applied for a B1 visa (denied) last year affect my chances of getting a student visa this year?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by amanze15(m): 4:20pm On Jun 24, 2015
bartino:
Hope this issue of visa printing comes to an end,I did mine on 12 June in abuja,yet nothing till now.
me too I was for 7.30 did with tall huge white nice guy grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by briefty(f): 4:23pm On Jun 24, 2015
Please, your urgent response is needed here, am about submitting and signing my ds-160 form, when the following came up (You have indicated that you are traveling for two or more purposes which could require more than one visa being issued. Please note that if more than one visa is to be issued, you will have to pay application and reciprocity fees for each.)...i only applied for F1 visa for MSE in engineering, dont know where the 2 or more purposes is coming from..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by kenkool(m): 4:25pm On Jun 24, 2015
seedord247:

Congrat bruh and your school is 20 mins drive from my house.
Where do you stay bro? I will PM you!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by bartino: 4:35pm On Jun 24, 2015
amanze15:
me too I was for 7.30 did with tall huge white nice guy grin
yeah myself too I was the first he interviewed dat day,you got any collection email yet?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by mbeenox: 4:48pm On Jun 24, 2015
Please after booking for a visa interview, what documents do u need to have to the the visa interview?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by amanze15(m): 4:51pm On Jun 24, 2015
bartino:
yeah myself too I was the first he interviewed dat day,you got any collection email yet?
for where, I saw u, u were very audible wink latest friday na two weeks them tell some peeps for there.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by djmakson(m): 4:55pm On Jun 24, 2015
briefty:
Please, your urgent response is needed here, am about submitting and signing my ds-160 form, when the following came up (You have indicated that you are traveling for two or more purposes which could require more than one visa being issued. Please note that if more than one visa is to be issued, you will have to pay application and reciprocity fees for each.)...i only applied for F1 visa for MSE in engineering, dont know where the 2 or more purposes is coming from..

That's not normal. Please review all what you have filled in meticulously. You might have clicked on something you not supposed to.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by briefty(f): 5:02pm On Jun 24, 2015
djmakson:

That's not normal. Please review all what you have filled in meticulously. You might have clicked on something you not supposed to.
Thanks so much, just discovered my travel visa type section was duplicated automatically.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by bartino: 5:19pm On Jun 24, 2015
amanze15:
for where, I saw u, u were very audible wink latest friday na two weeks them tell some peeps for there.
Hahahaahahhaha,that's great yeah so by Friday sure boys go get text to collect,which school you going?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by amanze15(m): 5:46pm On Jun 24, 2015
bartino:
Hahahaahahhaha,that's great yeah so by Friday sure boys go get text to collect,which school you going?
missouri S&T and U?!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by bartino: 5:57pm On Jun 24, 2015
amanze15:
missouri S&T and U?!
south dakota state university.

(1) (2) (3) ... (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) ... (402)

GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** / General Australian Visa Enquiries / North Cyprus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.