Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,801 members, 7,806,227 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:14 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 - Travel (145) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 (705736 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by amanze15(m): 10:27am On Jul 03, 2015
Busconductor:

When was your interview. And are you going for undergraduate or pg
PG, DHL don go collect, I paid a friend to help collect it and send yo my place of residence, na ABJ he said the crowd at DHL is too much
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Mekurexx: 10:32am On Jul 03, 2015
I have (last year) and it was HORRIBLE cry.just a brief summary. the flight was scheduled for 11.30pm but left Lagos by 3.30am. Their economy is the worst.seats like BRT bus.too tight...most of the LCD screens at the back of the seats didn't work, and you couldn't turn it off so it just beams a red hot light.i even developed a fever. their in-flight entertainment is HORRIBLE. the only advantage is its a direct flight to JFK and they sort you out at JFK asap + as per 99% are Nigerians onboard, you will enjoy the naija atmosphere before you enta obodo oyibo. My advice use Turkish or Qatar. i only took arik just to save $$$ on my flight budget. grin grin
DARKLIGHT:
Has any one flown with Arik Airline to US? If you have, how was the experience?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Mekurexx: 10:37am On Jul 03, 2015
Hello. I like the way you addressed his experience with amp reasons and points. Your last comment was top notch. Most folks just go to cram the history of the school and don't give clear cut responses when asked such questions. I feel you bro
charzyh2:

Sorry for the denial. MS students in Computer Science can be offered Teaching and
Research
Assistantships.
1. In your case, no test was written, not even RA & TA.

2. No cogent reason for choosing the school. Your reasons of choosing the school dance around your uncle. Why not go for an extensive research on what this school will offer you. The transcripts jere are not just for record keeping. Read transcripts.

3. Why this course? Tell, the VO how the course will help you in your home country when you return after studies. Like saying you will stand a higher ground in taking over the position of IT Consultant in your dad's coy.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 10:45am On Jul 03, 2015
DARKLIGHT:

Boss, I'm not certain. That's why I used "think" instead of "know." But, I believe the gurus here have better insight on this matter than me.
You normally go to a third country-Mexico or Canada. You can come home for that too...but if u a denied because of low funding or tijaaed GPA...e don be for u!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 10:46am On Jul 03, 2015
Mekurexx:
I have (last year) and it was HORRIBLE cry.just a brief summary. the flight was scheduled for 11.30pm but left Lagos by 3.30am. Their economy is the worst.seats like BRT bus.too tight...most of the LCD screens at the back of the seats didn't work, and you couldn't turn it off so it just beams a red hot light.i even developed a fever. their in-flight entertainment is HORRIBLE. the only advantage is its a direct flight to JFK and they sort you out at JFK asap + as per 99% are Nigerians onboard, you will enjoy the naija atmosphere before you enta obodo oyibo. My advice use Turkish or Qatar. i only took arik just to save $$$ on my flight budget. grin grin

Thanks, boss! Your advice is well appreciated.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 10:47am On Jul 03, 2015
ferdimako:

You normally go to a third country-Mexico or Canada.

Ok, boss. Thanks! Another information gotten.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by amanze15(m): 10:49am On Jul 03, 2015
Mekurexx:
chai, even banky W gave a bad review about being locked up inside the plane grin haba
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by amanze15(m): 10:49am On Jul 03, 2015
DARKLIGHT I hail.o
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Walspring: 10:51am On Jul 03, 2015
happney65:
pussysandie i can see you..How's it going?Shey u don dey go Obamaland as Walspring would say? grin grin

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 10:55am On Jul 03, 2015
amanze15:
DARKLIGHT I hail.o

Boss, wud up?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Senatorbee(m): 11:12am On Jul 03, 2015
Notonlyamerika:

Just exercise patience, they will get back to U in no distant time.

The golden words are already there at the embassy waiting for U, all it requires are thorough preparation and confident embellished with faith in God; of which I know Ure not lagging behind.

We're waiting for U to bring d Golden words home ( to d thread )........Good luck.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by angel34real(f): 11:16am On Jul 03, 2015
Hello guys! How early should one be @ the embassy for a 6:30 am interview? Thanks! And what time are we likely to get in and stuff. Anyone who's been in a similar situation should give details please! Thanks!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by kobe79: 11:18am On Jul 03, 2015
Elparaiso:
You don't rear children. Your children are not animals.... Or maybe they are, most probably....

This is my last answer to you... Ciao
lol hey Junior u lack basic thinking skills
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Mekurexx: 11:20am On Jul 03, 2015
if you live on the mainland, leave your house by 4.there's alot of queue there but its organized and before you know it its your turn. go there with your passports and put your most relevant documents as firsts in your envelope so you dont go searching for it anyhow. Nothing more. Just be yourself and dont approach the vo with a straight face else be ready to get straight face replies+questions tongue
angel34real:
Hello guys! How early should one be @ the embassy for a 6:30 am interview? Thanks! And what time are we likely to get in and stuff. Anyone who's been in a similar situation should give details please! Thanks!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Senatorbee(m): 11:23am On Jul 03, 2015
Notoniyamerika, check ur inbox ve sent u a msg.
Ve received a response msg frm support@ustraveldocs.com dis morning demanding for dose tins u listed in ur previous post inwhich i sent to dem.
My question is will d new ds160 code be updated automatically on my appointment confirmation page or hw will i do dat
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by angel34real(f): 11:28am On Jul 03, 2015
Mekurexx !!! Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Walspring: 11:50am On Jul 03, 2015
angel34real:

Get there before 6.30am because exactly 6.30am, applicants for interview that day will be asked to march in for security check.

Even though you get there late maybe 7am or 12noon, you will be allow to do you interview but do not go there late oooo grin grin grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by angel34real(f): 12:08pm On Jul 03, 2015
@ Walspring!!!!!! Thanks............. i appreciate. I'll come back to tell my success story..Amen
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Walspring: 12:11pm On Jul 03, 2015
angel34real:
@ Walspring!!!!!! Thanks............. i appreciate. I'll come back to tell my success story..Amen

Amen by the special grace of God...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 12:15pm On Jul 03, 2015
Pcbo, when are you traveling?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Teeswift(m): 12:49pm On Jul 03, 2015
Hello Guys, really appreciate d good work u guys are doing here. Please, I need an urgent advice to this question. I was admitted to FIU Masters degree program with I -20 for the fall semester 2015 and I'm abt booking visa appointment. My I-20 states family funds under d sponsor sections. Can I indicate or use my wife as my sponsor and present our joint account statement as proof of funds to d VO? An immediate response will be appreciated. Thank u and God bless.
Tee Dus, Wallspring and any other person with similar issue. Pls help o.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Mickeywilliams(m): 12:51pm On Jul 03, 2015
Hello house,i've been more of a passive member of this thread.kudos to DArklight, sire imperiouxx et al. For making this thread awesomely informative.
However,I've got some few questions for now
1.I will be taking the sat by fall this year.but still undecided on whether to take it by October or by November... I need advise on which test date will be better with regards to scholarship application consideration.
2.What Sat score will be okay to secure admission with partial or full scholarship?
3.if everything go as planned(it will IJN)..what's my probable resumption period next year!
Intelligent replies will be greatly appreciated.
Sent you a personal mail@darklight,pls reply.
Thanks in anticipation.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 12:56pm On Jul 03, 2015
Mickeywilliams:
Hello house,i've been more of a passive member of this thread.kudos to DArklight, sire imperiouxx et al. For making this thread awesomely informative.
1.I will be taking the sat by fall this year.but still undecided on whether to take it by October or by November... I need advise on which test date will be better with regards to scholarship application consideration.
2.What Sat score will be okay to secure admission with partial or full scholarship?
3.if everything go as planned(it will IJN)..what's my probable resumption period next year!
Thanks in anticipation.

Cc: Walspring
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Walspring: 1:19pm On Jul 03, 2015
Mickeywilliams:

Thanks..I presume you mean that when I write this october ..results will be out in 2wks as usual n I apply to schools..my resumption date should be fall next yr?

Result is usually out after 3 weeks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Walspring: 1:25pm On Jul 03, 2015
Mickeywilliams:
Thanks in anticipation.

SAT is a combination of Mathematics, Critical reading and Essay.. As for the score to secure admission will be determine by your choice of schools. Some schools required 400 each in all the 3 sections and while school required more than 470 upward.

If you write it in October you can still meet up Spring admission but it depend on you to determine which semester you want to apply either spring 2016 (Resumption is January) or Fall 2016 (Resumption is August)

SAT registration is out according to college board website but the forms are yet to be in Nigeria maybe their representative will get it before July ending.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 1:38pm On Jul 03, 2015
Walspring:

SAT is a combination of Mathematics, Critical reading and Essay.. As for the score to secure admission will be determine by your choice of schools. Some schools required 400 each in all the 3 sections and while school required more than 470 upward.

If you write it in October you can still meet up Spring admission but it depend on you to determine which semester you want to apply either spring 2016 (Resumption is January) or Fall 2016 (Resumption is August)

SAT registration is out according to college board website but the forms are yet to be in Nigeria maybe their representative will get it before July ending.

Thanks, boss! The explicit information you give can never be overemphasized.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Walspring: 1:51pm On Jul 03, 2015
DARKLIGHT:

Thanks, boss! The explicit information you give can never be overemphasized.

Big boss let's give the thanks to God
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by biikeys(m): 2:04pm On Jul 03, 2015
Busconductor:

Will I be able to extend it there or do I have to come back to Nigeria?

You can't renew a US visa in the US.You can go to Nigeria or neighboring countries like Canada,Mexico.

If you don't plan leaving the US, no need to bother yourself about renewal as long as you remain a student.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by briefty(f): 2:33pm On Jul 03, 2015
Please, how long does it now take to receive ones passport after visa as been approved?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 2:40pm On Jul 03, 2015
briefty:
Please, how long does it now take to receive ones passport after visa as been approved?
three days after visa has been approved..3 working days
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by briefty(f): 2:52pm On Jul 03, 2015
stevecrun:
three days after visa has been approved..3 working days
Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by teebabe17(f): 3:21pm On Jul 03, 2015
Hello.......pls I wantu make enquiries about student visa. Want to know how to process it if I want to study medicine

(1) (2) (3) ... (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) ... (402)

GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** / General Australian Visa Enquiries / North Cyprus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.