Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,935 members, 7,806,709 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:29 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 - Travel (223) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 (705819 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (220) (221) (222) (223) (224) (225) (226) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Walspring: 11:32am On Jul 16, 2015
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by innovativeame(m): 11:42am On Jul 16, 2015
Idmanzik, show yourself here oooo. Happy birthday once again to the best brother ever liveth
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Spanishmario(m): 12:27pm On Jul 16, 2015
Hello house,
I plan on going for a master degree in Economics and basically self-sponsored...
Finished this year with 3.8/5.0 in Oau...
What are my changes of getting GA nd sponsorship...nd what score should I be looking at for GRE
Thanks...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by bigfrancis21: 12:42pm On Jul 16, 2015
awe2015:
@slimmy05, bigfrancis21, Walspring...etc

In my admission, a "notification of intent" document was sent to me to fill and send back to them, which I did and sent it back on the 14th of July, up until now, I never get email from them again ooo regarding my SOA and sponsorship letter... Should I wait for their reply or just email or call them I need your advises!!!!!

You need to call them right away. If you haven't called them yet, give them a call today.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 1:04pm On Jul 16, 2015
shocked

It's alright
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by brosdoncome(m): 1:29pm On Jul 16, 2015
Spanishmario:
Hello house,
I plan on going for a master degree in Economics and basically self-sponsored...
Finished this year with 3.8/5.0 in Oau...
What are my changes of getting GA nd sponsorship...nd what score should I be looking at for GRE
Thanks...

Above 305
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by happney65: 1:42pm On Jul 16, 2015
profojah:
Walspring need to be worshipped sometimes as a small god lol grin. Thanks bro. Your head is there!

That is why I need to give him one Girl with Big Yansh when next he comes my side...He deserves one nite of romantic bliss..The dude is just too good...Hes testimony is on the way..I believe sha..Very much belive
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by technolee(m): 1:53pm On Jul 16, 2015
Mystiqme:

Lol. So una plenty for here dey speak English like Queen Elizabeth? Where in the states are you coming?
Waterside!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Spanishmario(m): 2:13pm On Jul 16, 2015
brosdoncome:

Above 305

Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by bbdd: 2:49pm On Jul 16, 2015
brosdoncome:

Above 305

Isn't 305 somehow low?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by mbeenox: 3:07pm On Jul 16, 2015
bbdd:

Isn't 305 somehow low?

Not low like that, above 310 should be appropriate
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by adewoleray: 3:11pm On Jul 16, 2015
Pls house, I need a placement for an interview for this July. Can anyone help pls ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by awe2015(f): 3:15pm On Jul 16, 2015
texrem:

chill......when is the school resuming?

By February, 2016 smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by awe2015(f): 3:20pm On Jul 16, 2015
lomy:

The room we want to use doesn't matter.. as long as it has four walls. You all should excuse us please. We'll let y'all know when to come back.
Thanks in advance grin

lomy cry
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by awe2015(f): 3:20pm On Jul 16, 2015
bigfrancis21:

You need to call them right away. If you haven't called them yet, give them a call today.

oh thanks big bro!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by awe2015(f): 3:26pm On Jul 16, 2015
bigfrancis21:

i called them and i was told that they sent my information the immigration office...until they get a response from them...do you think that will be the form i-20 ish?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by brosdoncome(m): 3:35pm On Jul 16, 2015
bbdd:

Isn't 305 somehow low?
305-315. 305 isn't somehow low Mr oga.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by bigfrancis21: 3:36pm On Jul 16, 2015
kushner:
Ok!! Appointment 7:30am. Got to the Embassy for my interview. Did the necessary formalities, then got a seat, waiting to be interviewed. The lady as the last counter guess(counter 9) was dashing out the denial form like handbill, while counter 7 and 8 where being fair with their approval rates. An applicant said he was going to a school because a friend told him about it and when asked for a standardised test he provided none..Nd he got denied sad i just dey look dey arrange my respone make i no fall victim. last last i was called to the lady o( counter 9)..I started to walk the "why me" walk.

na our yarn be this...

ME: Good Morning
VO: Good Morning, can u pass me ur passport and documents pls
I comply sharp sharp..
VO: how did you get to know about this school?
ME: i used the internet to streamlined a list of school that offers an executive/tradition MBA curriculum that suit my career goals.
VO: what degree would you get?
ME: A masters degree.
N/b: This question 'what degree would you get?" took most applicant offguard, some where defining there intended program choice or the benefit they would get from the program..which were all wrong!!
VO: what did you study in ur bachelors?
ME: Accounting
VO: when did you graduate?
ME: August 2014
VO: what have you been doing since then?
Me: had a couple of non-paid internships--( CC. slimmy05 and Bbdd: na this greatmen give me this idea, God go enlarge ur coast bosses!!)
VO: how much is this program?
Me: $21k
VO: who will be paying for this?
Me: My father
VO: what does he do?
ME: Accountant.

Typed for some mins. me, i just dey jejely relaxed, knowing she has no choice than to seize my passport and give me back the d I20, and passport collection form.

VO: yr visa has been approved!! a mail will be sent to you, when its ready for collection!!!
ME: Thank you.

I wrote the standardised tests, but no document was asked..Nothing, God just glorified himself as he always does. Im grateful to him, and to all the gurus,abeg, i need call some names,bigfrancis21,walspring,kennyronny(congrats boss),Slimmy05, Bbdd, Darklight and all others, who took time to help and answer all our questions, making the trend a combination of great humour and learning.

To all future applicant, its okay to be nervous, but you need comport yourself and gather confidence in your response to the VO's question, keep it clear, concise and personal( answers that can be related to your intended course) and lastly practise your respone before your interview date and avoid craming. all all #na Godwin

Congratulations.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 3:37pm On Jul 16, 2015
jakeharris:

Morgantown

There is at Parkersburg
http://www.wvup.edu/
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by bigfrancis21: 3:37pm On Jul 16, 2015
awe2015:

i called them and i was told that they sent my information the immigration office...until they get a response from them...do you think that will be the form i-20 ish?

By immigration office, you mean international student's office?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by brosdoncome(m): 3:42pm On Jul 16, 2015
mbeenox:

Not low like that, above 310 should be appropriate

https://crunchprep.com/gre/2014/universities-gre-scores-300-to-310
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Jahbless82: 4:00pm On Jul 16, 2015
For those that are looking for earlier appointment date...Aug 11 is available now for Lagos
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by texrem(m): 4:18pm On Jul 16, 2015
awe2015:

By February, 2016 smiley

mail them somewhere in august bro....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by texrem(m): 4:20pm On Jul 16, 2015
Jahbless82:
For those that are looking for earlier appointment date...Aug 11 is available now for Lagos

thanks dude.....will do that right away
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by adewoleray: 4:24pm On Jul 16, 2015
Can someone assist me in getting a date for July interview pls?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Walspring: 4:36pm On Jul 16, 2015
adewoleray:
Can someone assist me in getting a date for July interview pls?

Do night vigil yourself or you pay someone to do that for you grin grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Jahbless82: 4:37pm On Jul 16, 2015
uwc
texrem:

thanks dude.....will do that right away
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by imperiouxx(m): 4:49pm On Jul 16, 2015
slimmy05:
This is rude and boisterous way of addressing someone you don't know. I find this very insulting. The Nigeria naira you're depending on will still dawn on you when you start swiping. My advice is for you to buy enough wigs, so when you start seeing the reality of American dream you won't sit your butt 24hrs trying to weave your hair yourself.

If you actually filled that course and you had to take a career in banking which is to tell you how invaluable the course is to Nigeria despite thousands of churches and deep rooted culture. One of the best banks undecided Now get this straight, anyone who comes for your dinner is doing you a favor as food in US no be anything. If we open our fridge for you, you'll salivate, but men, we usually end most of them in trash.

You had better be humble rather than being boisterous over nothing. Feel free to attack me o, I'm already used to it as it would never change my stands in quoting you or anyone anytime such comments are made on this thread.

grin Let her enjoy her rights. I was trying to let the newcomers know the reality of after school before they start sailing their boats to U.S. You know when a new Nigerian is still learning how U.S works, a new Indian is already making good use of info gotten from those here before him.

To the newcomers on this forum, forget who you're in Nigeria, forget if you were a manager in Nigeria, you're a NOBODY here and you're starting from level zero. I have seen a bank manager and bank employees working as security guys here in NYC. Even those that came to U.S on visa lottery are doing/have done scut works for many years. Simply accept that this place is different from your home.

If you're coming with A LOT of money, let's say N10, 000, 000 which is just $50263.900...... no amount of money is enough for you in U.S.
If you have parents that can load your account with money every week.... tell them not to stop.
If you're a lone star or self sponsor..... I'm afraid to tell you, that the next few years will be the toughest time of your life.
If you're getting GA now....... laugh now and cry later. Enjoy it while it lasts.
If you're coming for a weak course..... don't be like "the end is clear to one with blunt machete", start taking more prerequisites in other fields and thinking about switching later.
If you're thinking employers will be thrilled about your visa status, accent, course or level of experience....... you've missed road.
If you think your F1 visa is more than to study alone........ wake up from your slumber.

I don't dispute the fact that few people step out after stepping in but this situation is very rare.

You're coming for 2 lessons....... one is school lesson and the other is U.S lesson.

You can't be left out........ Be wise fellows!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by daveojo23: 4:54pm On Jul 16, 2015
stevecrun:
guess,you new here..so I welcome you.Let us know where we can help and we'll gladly do.GREAT DELSUITES

Hello please am heading to minneasota and would like to ask you some personal questions if you don't mind please,kindly send me your email address so we can talk.thank you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by daveojo23: 5:02pm On Jul 16, 2015
[quote author=DARKLIGHT post=34824359]

Hello, boss! You will collect the visa soon. Just keep tracking it.
[/quote

When aree you travelling and which airline do plan on using, resuming the same time with you that's why am asking...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by awe2015(f): 5:11pm On Jul 16, 2015
bigfrancis21:

By immigration office, you mean international student's office?

yes, that's what I think they meant
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by awe2015(f): 5:12pm On Jul 16, 2015
texrem:

mail them somewhere in august bro....

Thank you bro

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (220) (221) (222) (223) (224) (225) (226) ... (402)

GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** / General Australian Visa Enquiries / North Cyprus

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.