Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,553 members, 7,809,023 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:11 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 - Travel (227) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 (706141 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (224) (225) (226) (227) (228) (229) (230) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by djmakson(m): 9:57am On Jul 17, 2015
happney65:

You dont have to be discouraged broda..That is the truth..Them no dey pick money from Ground from America..But with perseverance and hardwork una go make am. grin

The problem emanates from the fact that it's embedded in our mentality that life is a bed of roses in America such that when we hear something different, we begin to 'shake'. It applies everywhere in the world. It takes time to find ones feet in a strange land. Imperiouxx wasn't discouraging or scare us but preparing our mind for the task ahead. It's for us to have that drive and belief, work and pray and have an enduring spirit that things will work out fine. Everything in life is a RISK!

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by happney65: 10:02am On Jul 17, 2015
djmakson:

The problem emanates from the fact that it's embedded in our mentality that life is a bed of roses in America such that when we hear something different, we begin to 'shake'. It applies everywhere in the world. It takes time to find ones feet in a strange land. Imperiouxx wasn't discouraging or scare us but preparing our mind for the task ahead. It's for us to have that drive and belief, work and pray and have an enduring spirit that things will work out fine. Everything in life is a RISK!

Well Said broda..Well said

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by kushner(m): 11:42am On Jul 17, 2015
@ walspring Thanks..i need help o, on Accommodation at Michigan(grand Rapids), any Nairalander at grand rapids(Michigan) or closeby?? cc. idazbawz, Ctemi, kennyrony

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nabylet(f): 11:45am On Jul 17, 2015
hardeyswaggz:
gurus, from what i have read so far, i can see that one of the supporting documents at the embassy includes bank statement of my sponsor. i initially wanted to go with a reference letter from the bank only. thanks to u guys. But my questions are>>>>

1. from when do i start printing the statements of accounts, i only made use of march SOA for my admission and ma interview is this month.?

2. i am going for an undergraduate course tho i have a degree already, kindly give me insights on how to tackle this.

3. my school never requested for any standard examination like TOEFL, SAT etc whatsoever so i didnt even bother doing one. i am really worried as many pple i have read about here had these results one way or the other.
pls help......

Please what is the name of the school?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by innovativeame(m): 11:51am On Jul 17, 2015
djmakson:

Preach on preacher !

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by texrem(m): 12:01pm On Jul 17, 2015
Nabylet:

Please what is the name of the school?

the statement shouldn't be more than 6months old

as for the standardised test......gurus go answer u...but bliv without it u can still get it

cc: hardeyswaggz
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by mbeenox: 12:03pm On Jul 17, 2015
SantaClause:

Okay but I just constructed one maybe you should look at it.......The school also have more than 15 professor and the research of Dr Mayfield and Thomas McQuary creating 3D window into a computer with eyewear, Xbox camera and 3D LCD makes me crave to be a student of the university.

Very good those are specific details. Portrails ur interest very well
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by amanze15(m): 12:25pm On Jul 17, 2015
DARKLIGHT:
I'm traveling first week of August, boss.
I will advise that you go with Emirate airline even though I ain't going with it.
guy me wey dey send "delta" ticket nko undecided you guys really make this middle eastern flights sound fun smiley...safe journey bro we dey come too
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by pcbo: 1:31pm On Jul 17, 2015
amanze15:
guy me wey dey send "delta" ticket nko undecided you guys really make this middle eastern flights sound fun smiley...safe journey bro we dey come too
Surfing the internet via emirates plane
more fun in the plane
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by imperiouxx(m): 2:09pm On Jul 17, 2015
coolbibz:

Big Bro, you discourage me finish no be small

NEVER!..... I've never discouraged/scared anyone about studying in U.S. I'm a big fan of studying in U.S and no elsewhere.

The best thing that would ever happened in one's life is going for studying in U.S.

My post only addresses what you don't know about after school in U.S.

There is going to be a serious struggle after school but you'll survive it.... how long is what matter. The "how long" is determined by how well you're informed. Part of the information is what I gave you.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by wiseman2392(m): 2:27pm On Jul 17, 2015
@SantaClause, thanks. I understand u mailed me the other day. Its been hard for me to send PM, buh I will send message to mbeenox now. Thanks once again!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by imperiouxx(m): 2:28pm On Jul 17, 2015
GboyegaD:

Yippee!!! So you are back to school this Fall I suppose. Been a while ooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Been a while sir. I was checking flight from NY to Calgary but it's almost the same as from here to Nigeria, So, I stop nurturing that intention grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Theflint1(m): 2:35pm On Jul 17, 2015
imperiouxx:

NEVER!..... I've never discouraged anyone about studying in U.S. I'm a big fan of studying in U.S and no elsewhere.

The best thing that would ever happened in one's life is going for studying in U.S.

My post only addresses what you don't know about after school in U.S.

There is going to be a serious struggle after school but you'll survive it.... how long is what matter. The "how long" is determined by how well you're informed.
Boss thanks for the tips. Keep up the good work.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by imperiouxx(m): 2:44pm On Jul 17, 2015
djmakson:

Thank you for getting me right.

From evolutionary standpoint, struggle is what life is made for.

No matter how tough it is, we're still going to survive at last. We should just be informed.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by biikeys(m): 2:47pm On Jul 17, 2015
mbeenox:

Abeg make Una create trend for how to survive after schooling in US, Una don dey scare me small small

happney65:

You dont have to be discouraged broda..That is the truth..Them no dey pick money from Ground from America..But with perseverance and hardwork una go make am. grin

No need to be scared. @happney65 said most of it..But there are things you can start doing even from Nigeria to better position yourself.

The real journey begins after school, but once you are 'in the system', you're good!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Walspring: 3:42pm On Jul 17, 2015
Nabylet:

No transcript till Tuesday coz of public hols. I'm sha Next...!!!!

Of course you are.

@bold

Amen! Amen! Amen!!! in Jesus Name...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by GboyegaD(m): 3:43pm On Jul 17, 2015
imperiouxx:

Been a while sir. I was checking flight from NY to Calgary but it's almost the same as from here to Nigeria, So, I stop nurturing that intention grin

No problems. Perhaps we will see in Nigeria by December when we visit for Christmas.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Walspring: 3:43pm On Jul 17, 2015
brosdoncome:

Still celebrating say dem dey go heaven? undecided

Let's hope after celebration they will post it or after waiting and they didnt get alert to pick up their passport, we will get a question from them as usual
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by zeezahbee(f): 3:44pm On Jul 17, 2015
Eid Mubarak!!! Taqabbal Allahu minna wa minkum. May Allah grant us the full rewards of Ramadan, forgive our sins ,guide us through the right part and grant us all into Al-janah Firdaus.

Happy Eid Mubarak my Muslim brothers and sisters grin grin.

For fall 2015 and spring 2016, may you all catch that visa.
For those just arriving, congrats and welcome to USA.

11 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Walspring: 3:44pm On Jul 17, 2015
kushner:
@ walspring Thanks..i need help o, on Accommodation at Michigan(grand Rapids), any Nairalander at grand rapids(Michigan) or closeby?? cc. idazbawz, Ctemi, kennyrony

How far is grand rapids to Ypsilanti Just Pm Idazbawz for that
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by GboyegaD(m): 3:45pm On Jul 17, 2015
Spanishmario:

2014 set but practically Datz March 2015...
'By chances of funding' kindly Xplain berra...

Funding depends on many factors thus, you want to ensure overall, your profile is competitive enough. I would suggest you apply to schools with terminal Masters and no PhD in Economics so that your chances for funding gets much higher.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Walspring: 3:48pm On Jul 17, 2015
zeezahbee:
Eid Mubarak!!! Taqabbal Allahu minna wa minkum. May Allah grant us the full rewards of Ramadan, forgive our sins ,guide us through the right part and grant us all into Al-janah Firdaus.

Happy Eid Mubarak my Muslim brothers and sisters, also my Non-Muslim brothers and sisters grin grin (edited)

For fall 2015 and spring 2016, may you all catch that visa.
For those just arriving, congrats and welcome to USA.

Amen...............................
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Walspring: 3:55pm On Jul 17, 2015
hardeyswaggz:
i am worried.. someone payed for my applied for my SEVIS fee in the US since last sunday and its yet to reflect on their website, my interview is nextweek. what do i do guys...the status kept writing not paid. its 5days already

The person might have used Money order to pay for you, Just wait till ending of today or Monday it will reflect
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Walspring: 3:57pm On Jul 17, 2015
happney65:

I thought there is a tree in USA that bring fort money in a movie... No be so e dey for real life
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Walspring: 4:03pm On Jul 17, 2015
akin3102:
Mystique,technolee and Walspring..Ekimoguns I dey hail oh..

Nah me hail you pass grin grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Walspring: 4:04pm On Jul 17, 2015
Ctemi:

You want to know the secret but I will not tell you. Walspring ve given you the correct answer.

Nice one...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by imperiouxx(m): 4:33pm On Jul 17, 2015
GboyegaD:

No problems. Perhaps we will see in Nigeria by December when we visit for Christmas.

That would be great..... In between the week of xmas and new year eve.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by djmakson(m): 4:33pm On Jul 17, 2015
You are most welcome boss. You still owe me my bottle of beer for my VISA o...lol
imperiouxx:

Thank you for getting me right.

From evolutionary standpoint, struggle is what life is made of.

No matter how tough it is, we'll still going to survive at last. We should just be informed.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by imperiouxx(m): 4:35pm On Jul 17, 2015
djmakson:
You are most welcome boss. You still owe me my bottle of beer for my VISA o...lol

I must have missed your success story.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by imperiouxx(m): 4:38pm On Jul 17, 2015
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by djmakson(m): 4:42pm On Jul 17, 2015
Boss Innovativeame, I see you o. Tuale baba mi.

innovativeame:

Preach on preacher !
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by femysmart: 4:46pm On Jul 17, 2015
bigfrancis21:

Yea...life in America can be quite lonely and individualistic. It is something you'll learn to get used to with time. As time goes on you'll find out that your best friends would still remain those you came with from Nigeria or your Nigerian/African friends you met here.

That's awful

(1) (2) (3) ... (224) (225) (226) (227) (228) (229) (230) ... (402)

GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** / General Australian Visa Enquiries / North Cyprus

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.