Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,889 members, 7,806,578 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:31 PM

Rivers APC Chairman Escapes Assassination - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rivers APC Chairman Escapes Assassination (10507 Views)

Dino Melaye Escapes Assassination Attempt In Kogi As Gunmen Invade His Home / Raymond Dokpesi Escapes Assassination In Abuja (Photos) / Wike’s Aide, Inko-Tariah, Escapes Assassination In Rivers State!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rivers APC Chairman Escapes Assassination by dre11(m): 7:42am On May 13, 2015
CHAIRMAN of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in Rivers State, Dr Davies Ikanya, on Monday night, escaped assassination in Port Harcourt, the state capital.

It was gathered that gunmen, at about 8.45 p.m., stormed his residence on Herbert Macaulay Street, Amadi Flat, Old GRA, Port Harcourt and opened fire on the security men at the premises.

The security men were, however, able to repel the attack and the attackers fled the scene, while it was not clear, as of the time of filing this report, if the attackers were assassins or kidnappers.

Calls and text messages sent to Ikanya’s mobile telephone line were not answered, but the state Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO), Ahmad Mohammed, confirmed the attack, saying he did not have details of the incident.

In a related development, the state deputy governor, Mr Tele Ikuru, has described as untrue, an allegation that he ordered for the kidnap and assassination of his former press secretary, Mr Godswill Jumbo.

The former aide to the deputy governor had recently raised the alarm that his boss sent some kidnappers after him, with the aim of killing him, but the acting press secretary to the deputy governor, Ednah Alete, in a press statement issued in Port Harcourt, on Tuesday, denied the allegation.

http://tribuneonlineng.com/content/rivers-apc-chairman-escapes-assassination
Re: Rivers APC Chairman Escapes Assassination by Nobody: 7:44am On May 13, 2015
They want to divert attention from the salary imbroglio in the House of Assembly.

Amaechi must be impeached.

Of what value is the APC chairman when PDP has won the election

APC and diversionary tactics

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers APC Chairman Escapes Assassination by Nobody: 7:46am On May 13, 2015
Imagine! It has now resulted to kidnapping of party chairman. Only God will judge them.

BUHARI my HERO!
AMEACHI my ROLE MODEL!!
FASHOLA my GUY!!!

8 Likes

Re: Rivers APC Chairman Escapes Assassination by SHARIAREPORTERS: 7:47am On May 13, 2015
Everytime dem go dhe escape, dem no dhe die?

5 Likes

Re: Rivers APC Chairman Escapes Assassination by AhmedMustapha(m): 8:04am On May 13, 2015
Politics of violence. Why should anyone want him dead it's not as if his party won the state's elections.
Re: Rivers APC Chairman Escapes Assassination by Demmzy15(m): 8:07am On May 13, 2015
Jklue007:
Imagine! It has now resulted to kidnapping of party chairman. On God will judge them.

BUHARI my HERO!
AMEACHI my ROLE MODEL!!
FASHOLA my GUY!!!

grin GMB my hero, FAYEMI my role model and Rochas our next Presido! grin grin

8 Likes

Re: Rivers APC Chairman Escapes Assassination by ijustdey: 8:14am On May 13, 2015
PDP and violence in Rivers state are just like twins.....

they move hand in hand
just like how they use violence to intimidate opposition during the last election

4 Likes

Re: Rivers APC Chairman Escapes Assassination by okiezman(m): 8:15am On May 13, 2015
Apc wants to kill him and blame pdp we know their antics forget the play act and script writing of amaechi na dem go tire

9 Likes

Re: Rivers APC Chairman Escapes Assassination by efilefun(m): 8:16am On May 13, 2015
hmmmm
Re: Rivers APC Chairman Escapes Assassination by theV0ice: 8:20am On May 13, 2015
The gun fight that will erupt in rivers state after may 29th is loading......

I pray what happened to Omoku as a result of unmitigated violence and kidnapping won't happen to PH. It has rendered Omoku a ghost town.

Passed there 3 weeks ago and didn't notice the usual boisterousness associated with the town......people don run

And its the politics of Wike, Amaechi, pej and Obuah(go-round) the PDP chairman that caused it.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers APC Chairman Escapes Assassination by baralatie(m): 9:08am On May 13, 2015
SHARIAREPORTERS:
Everytime dem go dhe escape, dem no dhe die?
na so we see am o!
lol
Re: Rivers APC Chairman Escapes Assassination by Islie: 9:28am On May 13, 2015
Lalasticlala FP
Re: Rivers APC Chairman Escapes Assassination by Islie: 9:30am On May 13, 2015
The security men were, however, able to repel the attack and the attackers fled the scene, while it was not clear, as of the time of filing this report, if the attackers were assassins or kidnappers.

Political killings is just on the rise.......

Why will people just delight in taken another persons life...... Life that you can't create yourself

1 Like

Re: Rivers APC Chairman Escapes Assassination by okooloyun1(m): 10:21am On May 13, 2015
Re: Rivers APC Chairman Escapes Assassination by Nobody: 10:21am On May 13, 2015
Ok
Re: Rivers APC Chairman Escapes Assassination by DExplorer1: 10:22am On May 13, 2015
The Rivers state Deputy governor is a disgrace to any sane political party. His shame will be more disgraceful when PDP use and dump him.

Already, Wike is a man of force and violence. Things like this happened before election, it's no new in Rivers.

******* MODIFIED ******
The lady after me will never make any reasonable comment on any thread.

2 Likes

Re: Rivers APC Chairman Escapes Assassination by Spaxon(f): 10:22am On May 13, 2015
and how's that my business. he's just lucky

1 Like

Re: Rivers APC Chairman Escapes Assassination by Nobody: 10:22am On May 13, 2015
rivers APC is confused since they lost

no body is after them..and y would anyone be if i may ask

Amaechi we d rivers ppl did not buy ur fake rumors

NTORRR

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers APC Chairman Escapes Assassination by hertheytheydgee(m): 10:22am On May 13, 2015
Since he escaped the assasination, you don't need to create a thread for him.

NEXT!
Re: Rivers APC Chairman Escapes Assassination by Tbillz(m): 10:22am On May 13, 2015
mama piss call them boiz to order....or else, you might no only feed him In prison but also join him in prison!
Re: Rivers APC Chairman Escapes Assassination by damiloladuke: 10:22am On May 13, 2015
Thank God for him

READ MY SIGNATURE FOR FINANCIAL INDEPENDENCE
Re: Rivers APC Chairman Escapes Assassination by stephenqueen: 10:23am On May 13, 2015
Eni ori yo odi ile grin grin
Re: Rivers APC Chairman Escapes Assassination by Nobody: 10:24am On May 13, 2015
AhmedMustapha:
Politics of violence. Why should anyone want him dead it's not as if his party won the state's elections.

not suprise @ ur comments

from ur handle u b Abok.i

musa remaineth musa

eediot
Re: Rivers APC Chairman Escapes Assassination by ERCROSS(m): 10:24am On May 13, 2015
It all still boils down to money...

D root cause of all evil
Re: Rivers APC Chairman Escapes Assassination by alaoeri: 10:24am On May 13, 2015
Wike & his foot soldiers at work.
Re: Rivers APC Chairman Escapes Assassination by generaluthman: 10:24am On May 13, 2015
Just thank God for your life
Re: Rivers APC Chairman Escapes Assassination by baybeeboi: 10:25am On May 13, 2015
could have been staged, who knows?
Re: Rivers APC Chairman Escapes Assassination by JustCalMeDBoss(m): 10:25am On May 13, 2015
Amecachi using diversionary tactics since been a judas. What benefit has PDP in killing the APC chairman. PDP won the election. Ameachi pay workers salary and ur legislator if not you may be impeached.

1 Like

Re: Rivers APC Chairman Escapes Assassination by kckkiw: 10:25am On May 13, 2015
God save am
Re: Rivers APC Chairman Escapes Assassination by metorichmond(m): 10:26am On May 13, 2015
Na wao, these politicians sha.

(1) (2) (Reply)

We’ll Sue Any Journalist Who Associates Us With Simon Ekpa – IPOB / APC Denies Postponing National Convention / Dolapo Osinbajo Attends As Mallpai Foundation Celebrates 2nd annual event (photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.