Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,288 members, 7,807,976 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:51 AM

That Distinctive "Okrika" Smell - Fashion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / That Distinctive "Okrika" Smell (28060 Views)

What Okrika Clothing Has Done To Africans In Pictures. / I Am Looking For Wholesale And Individual Okrika Cloths Buying. / A Distinctive Fashion School In The Heart Of Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: That Distinctive "Okrika" Smell by meobizy(f): 5:38pm On Aug 06, 2018
Na wa o. Poverty of the mind is the worst kind.
Re: That Distinctive "Okrika" Smell by SourGrape: 5:42pm On Aug 06, 2018
Mrjo:
are you sure the op still dey alive?
The guy even posted today. shocked

1 Like

Re: That Distinctive "Okrika" Smell by seangy4konji: 5:43pm On Aug 06, 2018
Lol
Re: That Distinctive "Okrika" Smell by Bifrost: 5:46pm On Aug 06, 2018
The name of that perfume used in spraying okrika clothes;
"Eau de Okriks"

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: That Distinctive "Okrika" Smell by Nobody: 5:47pm On Aug 06, 2018
Lol I thought I was the only one that likes th smell of “new” clothes grin
Re: That Distinctive "Okrika" Smell by Nobody: 6:02pm On Aug 06, 2018
adisabarber:
If person buy okrika he must use dettol wash am or else everybody go know
I Meannnnnnnnn! You gats Soak it in Dettol, Warm water and Detergent first. Lol!
Re: That Distinctive "Okrika" Smell by oyetpel(m): 6:05pm On Aug 06, 2018
Mekanus:
I have always thought about this. That perfume is really powerful that even after washing the Okrika more than ten times you will still perceive the scent. Okrika all the way, some of my best clothes are okrika, they're more durable than new clothes.

Durable more than new clothes?

Aba new clothes or Foreign new clothes?
Re: That Distinctive "Okrika" Smell by Nobody: 6:07pm On Aug 06, 2018
ikorodureporta:
Whats d best method to wash that perfume away??

Soak in Warm water with Detergent and Dettol.
Re: That Distinctive "Okrika" Smell by mekonglobal(m): 6:27pm On Aug 06, 2018
Anigreat:
shocked

My Love for okrika stopped the very day i read Souloho19 story "THE DEVIL WEARS OKRIKA"

Nairalanders who have read the story can relate. shocked

Op this one you're loving okrika i hope you are not Pastor Bartholomew reincarnate? shocked

In case this sound strange to you this is the link to the story https://www.nairaland.com/3946214/devil-wears-okrika

After reading it, you'll start to hate okrika cheesy
Re: That Distinctive "Okrika" Smell by subtlemee(f): 6:47pm On Aug 06, 2018
Anigreat:
shocked

My Love for okrika stopped the very day i read Souloho19 story "THE DEVIL WEARS OKRIKA"

Op this one you're loving okrika i hope you are not Pastor Bartholomew reincarnate? shocked

In case this sound strange to you this is the link to the story https://www.nairaland.com/3946214/devil-wears-okrika

I actually thought it was a sequel
Re: That Distinctive "Okrika" Smell by HomeOfMe(f): 6:51pm On Aug 06, 2018
Bleep:
Yes, I love 'okrika' clothes grin In fact I buy them a lot! cool That distinctive 'okrika' scent is simply bliss to me, hmmm hmmm !! grin Come to think of it, why is it that most, if not all 'okrika' clothes smell that way, I mean those imported from outside Naija? Right from my kindergarten years till now, those second-hand clothes still smell the same. Do they spray a particular perfume on it? If yes, please what's the name of the perfume? I really need to buy the perfume. Somebody help me out please. Thanks in advance. smiley
I'm a customer. Been patronising okrika clothes since the 90d for my office and casual wears. Who has time to be taking fabrics to tailors to sew,except native wears . Very quality and affordable
Re: That Distinctive "Okrika" Smell by HomeOfMe(f): 6:54pm On Aug 06, 2018
Mekanus:
I have always thought about this. That perfume is really powerful that even after washing the Okrika more than ten times you will still perceive the scent. Okrika all the way, some of my best clothes are okrika, they're more durable than new clothes.
I love okrika no matter what. They come with quality and beautiful trendy designs. What I do is soak them in boiling hot water with salt,dettol and baking soda,it kill the smell.
Re: That Distinctive "Okrika" Smell by fynlola: 6:56pm On Aug 06, 2018
looooool pele ooo some of them nodey lastand once e eneter water like this the truecolour go show sharply
adisabarber:

I don buy am before o. When person tell me say e dey last pass new clothes. Omo, when I wash am I no recognise the cloth again. It was just too obvious that it wasn't new. To make matters worse, it was even more expensive that new trouser cheesy
Re: That Distinctive "Okrika" Smell by Mekanus(m): 6:58pm On Aug 06, 2018
HomeOfMe:
I love okrika no matter what. They come with quality and beautiful trendy designs. What I do is soak them in boiling hot water with salt,dettol and baking soda,it kill the smell.
Exactly (at the bolded). And this your method of washing is wow!!

1 Like

Re: That Distinctive "Okrika" Smell by gungab(m): 7:00pm On Aug 06, 2018
LOL THE SMELL IS ALWAYS THERE
Re: That Distinctive "Okrika" Smell by 1stNumeroUno: 7:04pm On Aug 06, 2018
Who dig thread like this up angry sad angry undecided

Is it a must for you to remind us of a bad old days?

#Thank you Jesus...
Re: That Distinctive "Okrika" Smell by allaboutobed(m): 7:13pm On Aug 06, 2018
Bleep:
Yes, I love 'okrika' clothes grin In fact I buy them a lot! cool That distinctive 'okrika' scent is simply bliss to me, hmmm hmmm !! grin Come to think of it, why is it that most, if not all 'okrika' clothes smell that way, I mean those imported from outside Naija? Right from my kindergarten years till now, those second-hand clothes still smell the same. Do they spray a particular perfume on it? If yes, please what's the name of the perfume? I really need to buy the perfume. Somebody help me out please. Thanks in advance. smiley
hmmmm food for thought.!!
Re: That Distinctive "Okrika" Smell by allaboutobed(m): 7:16pm On Aug 06, 2018
Forget that thing. Devil wear okrika. Na u sell am give am
Anigreat:
shocked

Re: That Distinctive "Okrika" Smell by Phyqee10(m): 7:23pm On Aug 06, 2018
God bless the people that invented okrika, without them I wonder wetin most men and slay queens for dey wear... Can't remember when last o enter butik... Butik and ABA clothes are 5 and 6
Re: That Distinctive "Okrika" Smell by GetCofOProperty: 7:31pm On Aug 06, 2018
Lol... Indeed a unique smell is percieved from Okrikas grin grin

You can check my signature just here in blue below this line.
Re: That Distinctive "Okrika" Smell by Divay22(f): 7:38pm On Aug 06, 2018
Okrika shorts can fine wink
Re: That Distinctive "Okrika" Smell by Nobody: 7:39pm On Aug 06, 2018
Omo that is the smell of 10000 for 20 shirts cheesy cheesy grin
I miss Yaba market .
Re: That Distinctive "Okrika" Smell by souloho19(m): 8:27pm On Aug 06, 2018
Anigreat:
shocked

Lool burst my fucking head bro cheesy
Re: That Distinctive "Okrika" Smell by Dembuk2009: 8:49pm On Aug 06, 2018
Mekanus:

@bolded....Ibere oriburuku!
Ese ya ju moto lo, irin lo ma pa eniyen!
Re: That Distinctive "Okrika" Smell by Mekanus(m): 9:06pm On Aug 06, 2018
Dembuk2009:
[/b]

@bolded....Ibere oriburuku!
Ese ya ju moto lo, irin lo ma pa eniyen!
Re: That Distinctive "Okrika" Smell by austink1(m): 11:05pm On Aug 06, 2018
Bleep:

Lol.. It's actually a liquid washing soap used abroad. U can get it at the malls in Nigeria. It's called 'comfort' shampoo for clothes..
Re: That Distinctive "Okrika" Smell by sonnie10: 4:25am On Aug 07, 2018
austink1:

Lol.. It's actually a liquid washing soap used abroad. U can get it at the malls in Nigeria. It's called 'comfort' shampoo for clothes..

Comfort shampoo is actually to make fabrics soft and gives them that fluffy feel
Re: That Distinctive "Okrika" Smell by Jbleenk: 5:11am On Aug 07, 2018
BruncleZuma:
grin grin grin grin

Newsflash OP, what you're missing is the smell of mothballs, industrial fabric sprays and disinfectants that is why "Okrika Wake-up" smell the same the world over and not forgetting Formaldehyde.

I beg to disagree. If it's industrial fabric spray like u said new clothes would smell same way.
Re: That Distinctive "Okrika" Smell by dimexy247(m): 6:18am On Aug 07, 2018
yusuff4u2c:
Lol. Many will pretend they don't know what the guy is talking about. Trust me, Okirika wears rank only after Garri on the list of lifesavers in Nigeria.
Re: That Distinctive "Okrika" Smell by poweredcom(m): 7:44am On Aug 07, 2018
okrika wears don save ngerian since 1960
Re: That Distinctive "Okrika" Smell by BIXYBABE: 8:09am On Aug 07, 2018
ok

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Quality Chiffon Tops / Ladies, Would You Rock 'Pepeye' Heels? / How Do I Get Rid Of Dark Discolouration Spots On My Legs?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.