Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,505 members, 7,781,539 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 04:34 PM

8 Things You Will Notice On Your First Visit To Port Harcourt - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 8 Things You Will Notice On Your First Visit To Port Harcourt (35833 Views)

A Nairalander Visit To The Moremi Statue Of Liberty.(With Pictures ) / My Experience on my First visit To Port Harcourt / My Train Ride From Enugu To Port Harcourt (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

8 Things You Will Notice On Your First Visit To Port Harcourt by OKNkanu(m): 1:50pm On May 13, 2015
Port Harcourt is a tourist’s dream destination. The city has been transformed into a stunning haven for business and tourism. With a wide variety of attractions and historical landmarks, you can spend a month in the ‘Garden city and not get bored.
Port Harcourt is one those places where anyone can feel at home. Even if you are visiting Port Harcourt for the first time, you are not going to miss out of the dramas that the city has to offer you. It offers boundless opportunities for unforgettable experiences for locals and visitors alike.
If you are yet to visit this multicultural city that is flourishing with affluent history and tourist attractions, here are 8 things you notice on your first visit to Port Harcourt:

1. Magnificent architecture and incredible vistas.

Port Harcourt is a city with urban pleasures; it offers a combination of outstanding architecture and incredible
vistas, with natural beauty in an unspoilt coherence. The city has fascinating scenery and it’s beautiful at first sight; it gives you an amazing feeling – the kind that makes you feel like you just entered a place full of everyday fairy tale.

2. City of Hustlers

Everyone wants to have a taste of the quantum petro-dollar that comes out from Rivers state. There is no part of the city that you would not see people struggling to survive and pay off their different bills. This is one city that has a lot of smart people who can cut corners to achieve their goals. They all want to achieve a slice of the next big thing.

3. A Destination for Night Owls.

The night in Port Harcourt is the beginning of another day for the residents; you cannot miss the vibrant and exciting nightlife in the city. A lot of silent places in the daytime suddenly come alive with music and activities that drag night owls from their homes to hubs, joints and hotels.

4. Luxury Lifestyle

Port Harcourt lifestyle is themed by entertainment, expensive houses and cars, relaxation and rejuvenation. Everyone living in the city wishes for their own piece of the oil money to build their own paradise. Port Harcourt is a dynamic business domain and a well laid back city to enjoy life. The intimidation of wealth can easily be seen around and the various classes of people can be identified within seconds.

5. Port Harcourt is not as expensive as they say

The truth is things are not really cheap but that does not mean that Port Harcourt is notoriously expensive as
rumours may have. You would notice that you can still get a lot of affordable things if you really know where to go for them.

6. The city is well laid-back

A lot of people coming here the first time may expect to find the craziness of rushing for buses or cabs. The commuters are calm and enter their choice of transport system in an
orderly manner. This trait does not end only with its transportation but in every aspect of lifestyle of the people.
We bet you that some Lagosians who are fond of rushing into buses would find this strange.

7. The Traffic Gridlock.

You just cannot miss the terrible traffic gridlock of this city. Some people may prefer Lagos when it comes to traffic gridlock. The reason is they can easily escape it with the
Lagos Bus Rapid Transit System or even the new train system that is functioning now. Not in Port Harcourt. You just have to prepare your mind to be patient and literally move a little slower than a snail especially during the rush hours; morning and evening.

8. Transportation drivers are daredevils.

Impatience is the watchword for those on the road, apart from the market where everywhere looks rowdy; the major roads of Port Harcourt are filled with daredevils who have no regards to orderliness. You would notice cars comfortably climbing the pavements to run away from any looming traffic.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: 8 Things You Will Notice On Your First Visit To Port Harcourt by OKNkanu(m): 2:02pm On May 13, 2015
&)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 8 Things You Will Notice On Your First Visit To Port Harcourt by ViralBOY: 2:14pm On May 13, 2015
Ph city: The city of real men

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: 8 Things You Will Notice On Your First Visit To Port Harcourt by OKNkanu(m): 4:39pm On May 13, 2015
cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 8 Things You Will Notice On Your First Visit To Port Harcourt by OKNkanu(m): 4:46pm On May 13, 2015
ViralBOY:
Ph city: The city of real men
cool Indeed man

1 Like

Re: 8 Things You Will Notice On Your First Visit To Port Harcourt by Nobody: 6:06pm On May 13, 2015
Ok...

Points 6,7 and 8 are correct observations.

There are no real super architectural designs in that city. So much siren blaring in the city...

You forgot to mention that the city is over-hyped.

Jonathan abandoned key federal projects e.g port harcourt airport.

This Jonathan Government sef sad

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 8 Things You Will Notice On Your First Visit To Port Harcourt by asumo12: 6:07pm On May 13, 2015
lag nko
Re: 8 Things You Will Notice On Your First Visit To Port Harcourt by Nobody: 6:07pm On May 13, 2015
City of hustlers? - that title is reserved for Lagos City!

11 Likes

Re: 8 Things You Will Notice On Your First Visit To Port Harcourt by Mammangaddafi(m): 6:08pm On May 13, 2015
Beautiful city

1 Like

Re: 8 Things You Will Notice On Your First Visit To Port Harcourt by Dragonking: 6:08pm On May 13, 2015
South South keeps moving forward. Haters keep on hating.

4 Likes

Re: 8 Things You Will Notice On Your First Visit To Port Harcourt by Nobody: 6:08pm On May 13, 2015
I hear PH people are kinda loud, and I like to keep the decibels in check, as I hate noise.

3 Likes

Re: 8 Things You Will Notice On Your First Visit To Port Harcourt by kepal99(m): 6:09pm On May 13, 2015
Make I. Park. Ma moto... Use leg observe PH frmr here

1 Like

Re: 8 Things You Will Notice On Your First Visit To Port Harcourt by austinbrown: 6:09pm On May 13, 2015
Lol wetin ph take pass Aba?

4 Likes

Re: 8 Things You Will Notice On Your First Visit To Port Harcourt by ionsman: 6:10pm On May 13, 2015
Ph city...A city that doesn't live up to the unwarranted hype..

11 Likes

Re: 8 Things You Will Notice On Your First Visit To Port Harcourt by folabayo1(f): 6:10pm On May 13, 2015
Hav been to ph 3times and things are really expensive there undecided
Plus I don't see anything special about ph

17 Likes

Re: 8 Things You Will Notice On Your First Visit To Port Harcourt by baybeeboi: 6:10pm On May 13, 2015
porthacourt is not as beautiful as my Lafia

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 8 Things You Will Notice On Your First Visit To Port Harcourt by virud: 6:10pm On May 13, 2015
TeOwl:
G
G for goat aka ewu! grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: 8 Things You Will Notice On Your First Visit To Port Harcourt by 9jvirgin(m): 6:10pm On May 13, 2015
I am around Ada George, who they my backyard.

1 Like

Re: 8 Things You Will Notice On Your First Visit To Port Harcourt by Adesiji77: 6:11pm On May 13, 2015
Noted
Re: 8 Things You Will Notice On Your First Visit To Port Harcourt by Alexgeneration(m): 6:11pm On May 13, 2015
True talk there .
Re: 8 Things You Will Notice On Your First Visit To Port Harcourt by expert1000: 6:11pm On May 13, 2015
Sweet babes yakpa
Re: 8 Things You Will Notice On Your First Visit To Port Harcourt by kulboy(m): 6:12pm On May 13, 2015
You forgot to mention "Borle" grin

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 8 Things You Will Notice On Your First Visit To Port Harcourt by Chuukwudi(m): 6:12pm On May 13, 2015
Please, who knows how to cook fried rice here?
Re: 8 Things You Will Notice On Your First Visit To Port Harcourt by GeneralGP04: 6:12pm On May 13, 2015
I'm proud to be a Portharcourt Boy.

4 Likes

Re: 8 Things You Will Notice On Your First Visit To Port Harcourt by Jessewizy(m): 6:12pm On May 13, 2015
Treasure base

1 Like

Re: 8 Things You Will Notice On Your First Visit To Port Harcourt by okhiai1(m): 6:12pm On May 13, 2015
OK is na so pH be that means Vivian go see me next week ;DOK is na so pH be that means Vivian go see me next week
Re: 8 Things You Will Notice On Your First Visit To Port Harcourt by Nobody: 6:12pm On May 13, 2015
No seat belt no entry.

3 Likes

Re: 8 Things You Will Notice On Your First Visit To Port Harcourt by Nobody: 6:13pm On May 13, 2015
Nobody hates South-south. The current battles on Nairaland are Yoruba vs Igbo and APC vs PDP.

Dragonking:
South South keeps moving forward. Haters keep on hating.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: 8 Things You Will Notice On Your First Visit To Port Harcourt by Peacewealth(f): 6:13pm On May 13, 2015
belly no dey fear na watin make am dey for front. E get d time wey u go check nyas.h u no go see shit?

1 Like

Re: 8 Things You Will Notice On Your First Visit To Port Harcourt by tabisegroup(m): 6:13pm On May 13, 2015

3 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Another Peace Mass Transit Bus Involved In Fatal Accident On Enugu Road (Photos) / 1st Class Graduate, FULAA Alumni, Others Die In Car Crash / Bonny-Bille-Nembe Jetty Port Harcourt In Pictures (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.