Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,358 members, 7,808,243 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:18 AM

AFCON 2017: Keshi To Name 26 For Chad - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / AFCON 2017: Keshi To Name 26 For Chad (895 Views)

Nigerians Blame Sunday Oliseh For Nigeria's Failure To Qualify For AFCON 2017 / AFCON Qualifiers: Mancity Writes About Iheanacho / Keshi To Drag NFF To FIFA Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

AFCON 2017: Keshi To Name 26 For Chad by terzurum5(m): 6:53am On May 14, 2015
AFCON 2017: Keshi to Name 26 for Chad.
Super Eagles head coach Stephen Keshi is set to to name 26 players for the 2017 Africa Cup of Nations (AFCON) qualifying game against Chad.
The 26 players will be wholly domestic players as the successful ones will battle for place in the final squad with the overseas-based players who will be called up.
Keshi said it’s time to “return to basics” as he looks to “build a solid squad that will make Nigerians happy again”.
“We have to return to basics and do the things we did that helped us win the 2013 AFCON in South Africa. I want to start from scratch to build a solid squad that will make Nigerians happy again.
“It is important to give players in the local league a chance to show us what they can do and that is why I am inviting 26 of them to prove themselves,” the former Mali and Togo coach told supersport.com.
He added that the overseas-based players who will be handed call ups are those who “play regularly for their clubs”.
“Anyone who knows me will tell you that I am not a coach that will invite players based on what they have done in the past. Only those who play regularly for their clubs will be called up and if they fail to give 120 per cent while in camp, they know what will happen.
“There is no automatic shirt for anyone. If anyone thinks that we just need to turn up and beat Chad that person is making a big mistake. They are a good side and we have to work hard to beat them. We will approach the game with all seriousness and hopefully we will get a good result,” he said.

1 Like

Re: AFCON 2017: Keshi To Name 26 For Chad by Decentdamsel(f): 6:59am On May 14, 2015
One thing I love abt Keshi is that he's always wanting to build a strong squad en believe me he'll continue building it till he's sacked again

#TEAM FTC#

2 Likes

Re: AFCON 2017: Keshi To Name 26 For Chad by fammo: 7:00am On May 14, 2015
Mikel was not making Regular Appearance in Chelsea and Oga keshi kept on playing him for 90 minutes. In a working and transparent country the likes of Keshi would have retired and hidden his head in shame. He couldn't even qualify us for the last nations cup and the country is still retaining him. We are watching....

1 Like

Re: AFCON 2017: Keshi To Name 26 For Chad by Nobody: 9:49am On May 14, 2015
Oga keshi, when did you start inviting players based on form. . The likes of.
A. Agbim? ?. .
B. Gabriel Reuben??
And a bunch of rookies. Where they invited based on form? ? How many players in the Super Eagles are even in top form? ?? .
Are you referring to uche, ambrose, Emenike, ejide??
The fact is that most of your top professionals are rusty and bench warmers. .
Re: AFCON 2017: Keshi To Name 26 For Chad by joxxy01(m): 6:52pm On May 14, 2015
;
Re: AFCON 2017: Keshi To Name 26 For Chad by enomakos(m): 7:23pm On May 14, 2015
Make we wait and see
Re: AFCON 2017: Keshi To Name 26 For Chad by Begonia(m): 2:06pm On May 15, 2015
I'm really tired of Keshi but I'll always support Super Eagles (and all our National teams) irrespective of their performance smiley
I'm not a plastic fan cheesy
Re: AFCON 2017: Keshi To Name 26 For Chad by themejiwalker(m): 2:16pm On May 15, 2015
Begonia:
I'm really tired of Keshi but I'll always support Super Eagles (and all our National teams) irrespective of their performance smiley
I'm not a plastic fan cheesy

Ur moniker sounds like the name of a country cheesy
Re: AFCON 2017: Keshi To Name 26 For Chad by Begonia(m): 2:23pm On May 15, 2015
themejiwalker:

Ur moniker sounds like the name of a country cheesy

Really? grin
Well, it's the name of a flower smiley
Re: AFCON 2017: Keshi To Name 26 For Chad by themejiwalker(m): 2:27pm On May 15, 2015
Begonia:

Really? grin
Well, it's the name of a flower smiley

Oh I just checked up on Google. Thanks for educating me on this one.

You have a cute smile by the way
Re: AFCON 2017: Keshi To Name 26 For Chad by Begonia(m): 2:32pm On May 15, 2015
themejiwalker:

Oh I just checked up on Google. Thanks for educating me on this one.

You have a cute smile by the way

Thanks smiley smiley

(1) (Reply)

Reason Why India Does Not Play Worldcup / Messi Beats Ronaldo For 2014-15 UEFA Best Player In Europe Award / Make Your Preferred Champions League Round Of 16 Draws Predictions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.