Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:59 AM

Igbo/Niger Delta Women, Please Leave Our Yoruba Men Alone - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Igbo/Niger Delta Women, Please Leave Our Yoruba Men Alone (14175 Views)

A Tribute To The Beautiful Itsekiris Of The Niger Delta / Beauty Of Our Yoruba Future. . . Our Children! / Yoruba Men♥ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo/Niger Delta Women, Please Leave Our Yoruba Men Alone by Hauwa1: 8:22pm On Feb 09, 2009
tpia, very true.

i met a lady both she and her husband are igbo. but they only talk in yoruba. very interesting, when you see them, you'd know that they are igbo but they don't speak in igbo.  she say something in igbo to me though. they both have igbo names. she told me they grew up in Lagos.
Re: Igbo/Niger Delta Women, Please Leave Our Yoruba Men Alone by osisi2(f): 8:25pm On Feb 09, 2009
very shameful
Re: Igbo/Niger Delta Women, Please Leave Our Yoruba Men Alone by tpia: 8:26pm On Feb 09, 2009
*Hauwa*:

tpia, very true.

i met a lady both she and her husband are igbo. but they only talk in yoruba. very interesting, when you see them, you'd they are igbo but they don't speak in igbo. she say something in igbo to me though. they both have igbo names. she told me they grew up in Lagos.

I guess it depends on different circles. I have some relatives like that too. They either speak English or Yoruba to each other. They only speak their language when discussing with their parents or relatives from home. People just get more comfortable speaking the language they interact with in social settings like school, church, etc, maybe.

Then again, different dialects may also be a factor, because some dialects could be relatively mutually unintelligible even though the speakers might be from the same tribe. If neither of them was taught the standard version of their languages when they were young. Some diasporan Yorubas may have that problem too, since the kids grow up learning the parents dialects and not the standard Yoruba.
Re: Igbo/Niger Delta Women, Please Leave Our Yoruba Men Alone by earTHMama: 8:26pm On Feb 09, 2009
How about sauron?
He can't even speak Yoruba  
doesn't understand pidgin  
didn't he grow up in Lagos?
Sauron grew up in Eritrea. You wonder why his head is too big? tongue
Re: Igbo/Niger Delta Women, Please Leave Our Yoruba Men Alone by earTHMama: 8:29pm On Feb 09, 2009
that's funny. I know quite a few non-Yorubas in lagos and elsewhere who speak fluent Yoruba- some are more comfortable speaking Yoruba than their own languages.
If Tiv man is speaking yoruba to you because you are yoruba, it doesn't mean he is not comfortable with his own language because that will be rude since you don't understand his language. Do you speak yoruba to oyibo people when you meet them?. Will the oyibo people claim you are not comfortable speaking yoruba language?
Re: Igbo/Niger Delta Women, Please Leave Our Yoruba Men Alone by Hauwa1: 8:30pm On Feb 09, 2009
osisi, you think so? i don't because we are not in nigeria. even me sef, na english i dey blow for dad and mom grin

they are really nice pple. their families she said lived in Lagos.

i like them a lot. she can speak Igbo very well. i guess they like it. not my problem so i can't tell them what to do.
Re: Igbo/Niger Delta Women, Please Leave Our Yoruba Men Alone by KarmaMod(f): 8:31pm On Feb 09, 2009
I know quite a few non-Yorubas in lagos and elsewhere who speak fluent Yoruba- some are more comfortable speaking Yoruba than their own languages.

Lol this is true, almost to the point that even if a person isny Yoruba but once they say I was raised in Lagos, I pretty much EXPECT them to know the language and majority of them do.
Re: Igbo/Niger Delta Women, Please Leave Our Yoruba Men Alone by Nobody: 8:32pm On Feb 09, 2009
and why shld they leave us alone? grin Haba dont limit our chances.
Re: Igbo/Niger Delta Women, Please Leave Our Yoruba Men Alone by KarmaMod(f): 8:32pm On Feb 09, 2009
Lmao osisi

No one told you to have such a hard language tongue
Re: Igbo/Niger Delta Women, Please Leave Our Yoruba Men Alone by earTHMama: 8:35pm On Feb 09, 2009
and why shld they leave us alone? Haba dont limit our chances.
There should be resource control in man sharing in Nigeria, don't you think so?. Before a Yoruba man will allowed to marry an igbo woman, the woman must be a tax paying resident in yorubaland for a minimum of ten years and have no history of any crime. tongue tongue tongue
Re: Igbo/Niger Delta Women, Please Leave Our Yoruba Men Alone by earTHMama: 8:36pm On Feb 09, 2009
osisi, you think so? i don't because we are not in nigeria. even me sef, na english i dey blow for dad and mom

they are really nice pple. their families she said lived in Lagos.

i like them a lot. she can speak Igbo very well. i guess they like it. not my problem so i can't tell them what to do.
Are you Tiv, Hausa, Egbira or igbo?
Re: Igbo/Niger Delta Women, Please Leave Our Yoruba Men Alone by Hauwa1: 8:38pm On Feb 09, 2009
American Latina grin
Re: Igbo/Niger Delta Women, Please Leave Our Yoruba Men Alone by asha80(m): 8:39pm On Feb 09, 2009
It all depends where you brought up.I have met hausa guys that where born and brought up in owerri that can speak the owerri dialect of igbo more than me an igbo boy that grew up in owerri.One nigerian social critic Safinatu Mohhamed can speak the enugu dialect of igbo more than here native yoruba because she was born and brought up in enugu.
Re: Igbo/Niger Delta Women, Please Leave Our Yoruba Men Alone by KarmaMod(f): 8:39pm On Feb 09, 2009
Omoge is pretty much every tribe in Naija.

I no understand the girl's blood sef
Re: Igbo/Niger Delta Women, Please Leave Our Yoruba Men Alone by honeric01(m): 8:41pm On Feb 09, 2009
Yoruba men
Igbo women
What's wrong? if you are a yoruba woman and yoruba men are running from you marrying other tribes, it's not their fault, it's you ok? go ask grandma for villa why it's so.
Re: Igbo/Niger Delta Women, Please Leave Our Yoruba Men Alone by Hauwa1: 8:42pm On Feb 09, 2009
Karma mi  shocked shocked  grin grin
Re: Igbo/Niger Delta Women, Please Leave Our Yoruba Men Alone by Nobody: 8:43pm On Feb 09, 2009
earTHMama:

There should be resource control in man sharing in Nigeria, don't you think so?. Before a Yoruba man will allowed to marry an igbo woman, the woman must be a tax paying resident in yorubaland for a minimum of ten years and have no history of any crime. tongue tongue tongue

igbo girls are generally finer . . . allow us to enjoy the benefits of freedom.  grin
Re: Igbo/Niger Delta Women, Please Leave Our Yoruba Men Alone by earTHMama: 8:45pm On Feb 09, 2009
It all depends where you brought up.I have met hausa guys that where born and brought up in owerri that can speak the owerri dialect of igbo more than me an igbo boy that grew up in owerri.One nigerian social critic Safinatu Mohhamed can speak the enugu dialect of igbo more than here native yoruba because she was born and brought up in enugu.
Gbam. If you grow up in the streets of Paris, you will start speaking French more than the French people. Your accent may be the only issue . Most igbos i see that speak Yoruba do not need to tell me their name before i realize they are igbos because their accent is different. In America, African American kids know kids that have African parents, not from their names but the faint accent that is embedded in their American accent.  As long as you are bilingual, your accent will be unique. Most igbos that grew up in lagos don't speak yoruba but they may understand it but not those that grew up in Abeokuta or Ibadan and the case is the same for yorubas that grew up in Sokoto, they speak hausa more than the hausa. Does that mean they don't like their own language?
Re: Igbo/Niger Delta Women, Please Leave Our Yoruba Men Alone by asha80(m): 8:46pm On Feb 09, 2009
Yoruba men
Igbo women
 What's wrong? if you are a yoruba woman and yoruba men are running from you marrying other tribes, it's not their fault, it's you ok? go ask grandma for villa why it's so.

grin  grin  grin
Re: Igbo/Niger Delta Women, Please Leave Our Yoruba Men Alone by earTHMama: 8:46pm On Feb 09, 2009
igbo girls are generally finer . . . allow us to enjoy the benefits of freedom.
Consider this your last warning unless you want us to enforce sharia laws on you guys.  kiss kiss kiss
Re: Igbo/Niger Delta Women, Please Leave Our Yoruba Men Alone by earTHMama: 8:49pm On Feb 09, 2009
Omoge is pretty much every tribe in Naija.

I no understand the girl's blood sef

Name : Hauwa

Sex: Female

Blood Type: Obamaish

Nationality: Nigerian

Tribe: N/A

Sexuality: Unknown

Hobbies: Have a knack for Yoruba men.

Recommendations: Enlist her in the terror list because Yoruba men are now an endangered specie.
Re: Igbo/Niger Delta Women, Please Leave Our Yoruba Men Alone by Nobody: 8:52pm On Feb 09, 2009
earTHMama:

Consider this your last warning unless you want us to enforce sharia laws on you guys. kiss kiss kiss

grin grin wait is ruby yoruba?
Re: Igbo/Niger Delta Women, Please Leave Our Yoruba Men Alone by Nobody: 8:53pm On Feb 09, 2009
Like yourself
[b]So I fit cuss you finish now and you no go know?
[/b]chei
No wonder you have all these Igbo men who want to marry you at first sight.
They can't wait to begin Igbo tutorials
You need a crash course

I have Igbo dictionary o tongue

I know quite a few non-Yorubas in lagos and elsewhere who speak fluent Yoruba- some are more comfortable speaking Yoruba than their own languages.

Yeah my mum speaks Yoruba pass Karmamod sef. I blame genetics. I inherited the recessive language gene. grin
Re: Igbo/Niger Delta Women, Please Leave Our Yoruba Men Alone by Nobody: 8:55pm On Feb 09, 2009
How about sauron?
He can't even speak Yoruba
doesn't understand pidgin

He's so lost!!! lol grin
Re: Igbo/Niger Delta Women, Please Leave Our Yoruba Men Alone by osisi2(f): 8:57pm On Feb 09, 2009
Omoge's mother is Igbo,I think delta ,she was an army kid and lived all over Nigeria and speaks all 3 major languages to an extent.
I don't know where her father's from
Re: Igbo/Niger Delta Women, Please Leave Our Yoruba Men Alone by Hauwa1: 9:00pm On Feb 09, 2009
hehehehehehehe abeg una i begi

osisi lol
earthgranma lol

grin grin
so funny!!
Re: Igbo/Niger Delta Women, Please Leave Our Yoruba Men Alone by honeric01(m): 9:01pm On Feb 09, 2009
Have u girls tried Bini men? you damsels are missing, Get grab us now while offer last
Re: Igbo/Niger Delta Women, Please Leave Our Yoruba Men Alone by Nobody: 9:02pm On Feb 09, 2009
honeric01:

Have u girls tried Bini men? you damsels are missing, Get grab us now while offer last

Naa, the guys do the chasing. cool
Re: Igbo/Niger Delta Women, Please Leave Our Yoruba Men Alone by earTHMama: 9:03pm On Feb 09, 2009
So you can trade them to Italians? tongue tongue tongue
Re: Igbo/Niger Delta Women, Please Leave Our Yoruba Men Alone by earTHMama: 9:06pm On Feb 09, 2009
wait is ruby yoruba?
Ruby pearl is Ibibio, I think. She is one of those eastside women that are on the prowl for our men. Lucabrasi and Bawomolo are the two most popular target of theirs but we won't let them pluck them away, not for free.
Re: Igbo/Niger Delta Women, Please Leave Our Yoruba Men Alone by tpia: 9:12pm On Feb 09, 2009
earTHMama:

If  Tiv man is speaking yoruba to you because you are yoruba, it doesn't mean he is not comfortable with his own language because that will be rude since you don't understand his language. Do you speak yoruba to oyibo people when you meet them?. Will the oyibo people claim you are not comfortable speaking  yoruba language?
'

look, what part of my posts dont you understand? Where did I say a non-Yoruba is speaking Yoruba because I'm in the vicinity?

I must say very few people understand your thought process because from posts like these, one has to wonder if you're typing while drunk. cheesy

And why are you getting bent out of shape at the thought of other tribes speaking Yoruba to each other? Like i said, it depends on the circle people grew up in and move with. Geddit? If you know of Yorubas who grew up in Enugu, who also speak fluent Igbo, then simply state the fact that you observed so. End of story.
Re: Igbo/Niger Delta Women, Please Leave Our Yoruba Men Alone by Sauron1: 9:12pm On Feb 09, 2009
**osisi:

How about sauron?
He can't even speak Yoruba shocked shocked
doesn't understand pidgin shocked shocked

Says who?? I can woo a woman with ma unadulterated yoruba.
My pidgin is flawless. . . . .ask EarTHmama when i was pimping her ass for Onitsha traders.
I grew up in Lagos and i passed Yoruba language in flying colours in ma primary school. I read Alawiye. . . .(Ijapa) grin

He's so lost!!! lol

U think i am like you?
20 years in Lagos and u cannot speak/understand Yoruba and Pidgin.
Swahili speaking woman.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7)

Benin Was A Yoruba speaking Empire. / I Hate Being An African American Woman / Court Nullifies Installation Of 21 Kings By Ajimobi In Oyo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.